It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Active Shooter Las Vegas, Mandalay Bay

page: 231
<< 228  229  230    232  233  234 >>

join
share:

posted on Oct, 5 2017 @ 10:52 AM
link   

originally posted by: butcherguy

originally posted by: KansasGirl

originally posted by: Xcalibur254
a reply to: Flyingclaydisk

It's not really a big mystery. That hour was spent evacuating and securing the floor. ?

An HOUR? Why did it take an HOUR to evacuate and secure the floor?

Hard to tell what they may have encountered when going room to room.
Passed out naked people.
Drunk people.
Angry people that were very unhappy because they were just about to reach a climactic moment with a person that they met in the bar an hour earlier.
Handicapped people that needed assistance evacuating.
Deaf people that didn't hear shouts and knocks at the door.

All while wondering if the next door that they knocked on would be when the bullets would be flying back at them.

Even with all that it's hard to imagine it taking an hour, unless they were seriously dilly-dallying.

posted on Oct, 5 2017 @ 10:54 AM
link   
a reply to: opethPA

Yes the Sheriff stated that at the conference last night. Approx. 200 rounds were fired from the shooter inside down the hall. He also stated there were 1000s of rounds left unused and that the did not yet have a count for rounds fired outside. He then added he was amazed the leo shot in the leg didn't sustain worse injury. ( I know there was an early report that seemed to disappear, maybe it was a mistake but they never corrected it that I heard, there was a report that the first leo onsite was shot and killed)

link   
Deleted double post...this keeps happening!
edit on 5 by tiredoflooking because: (no reason given)

link   
Deleted triple post...urg makes such a mess my OCD doesn't like it and I only hit that darn button once!!

Is it only me ?
edit on 5 by tiredoflooking because: (no reason given)

link   
This just has all the hallmarks of a clandestine arms deal...that was either manipulated or went sideways.

Just my opinion...no proof...and I'm willing to be convinced otherwise.
But I keep coming back to this theory.

posted on Oct, 5 2017 @ 11:06 AM
link   
a reply to: IAMTAT

People keep saying this but it simply doesn't make sense. For one, why would he be selling guns that are registered in his name? The best guns he had in his arsenal were AR-15s. The only people maybe getting excited over AR-15s are gangbangers. The only people that would be interested in purchasing such a low quantity of guns (for an arms deal) are gangbangers. Gangbangers aren't going to stage a suicide and then fire on an unsuspecting crowd.

If this was an arms deal gone bad why draw such attention to the room? Why not just kill the guy and then take the product?

posted on Oct, 5 2017 @ 11:07 AM
link   

originally posted by: MysticPearl
This was posted somewhere else by an apparent LV cop. Who knows if true but it seems quite reasonable.

Hard to take seriously when they get his last name wrong?

posted on Oct, 5 2017 @ 11:08 AM
link   
a reply to: Xcalibur254

Yeah, understood.

I just struggle with the 1 hour for SWAT to be able to act thing. Nothing we can do about it, but just seems a whole lot like they ought to be able to react faster than that. I mean it would have been different if this all went down 60 miles out in the desert, but it was right in town. What if there really had been 2, 3 or even 5 shooters...and what if they didn't stop shooting after 10 minutes, but kept on taking more and more people out...would an hour response have been acceptable then??

I have the same criticism of Orlando (BTW), and it was the same excuse there. They always say they were securing this or that, safety, safety, planning, assessing the situation...ad nauseum. That's always the excuse. The reality is (unfortunately) 9 times out of 10 they're really hiding behind some union rule, some legal BS, where they have a rule that says they don't have to do something until certain circumstances are met. The reality is, it has nothing to do with the public's safety. Sadly. (and even more unfortunately, I happen to know some of this on some pretty good authority...like LEO's themselves).

posted on Oct, 5 2017 @ 11:09 AM
link   

why would he be selling guns that are registered in his name?

We are told these weapons were registered in his name... remember the Fast & Furious scandal? If intelligence agencies were involved in a clandestine operation like illegal arms deals would they tell us that? No, they would say "this perp. had the guns registered to him"

The only people maybe getting excited over AR-15s are gangbangers. The only people that would be interested in purchasing such a low quantity of guns (for an arms deal) are gangbangers.

ISIS 'soldiers' wouldn't want AR fifteens or a handful of guns? Only gangbangers, huh? You learn something new everday!

posted on Oct, 5 2017 @ 11:10 AM
link   
Can someone shed some light on the fact that room 32134, one of the rooms with a window blown out, also the room that was wired from the camera on the service cart that was in front of the door, IS ACTUALLY the room that Brian Hodge rented (the Aussie).

Mr. Hodge stated they were gonna go to the concert but got a late start so they just went to dinner.
Perhaps putting him into his room late in the evening.
Meaning at some point, while Hodge was out, his room was commandeered relatively quickly, wired, and used as a snipers nest?
How was it commandeered? You would need a key and the fire doors would need to be unlocked from each respective room? Did he just blast through the fire door?
I read that the fire door may have been the SWAT breach, which would prove that there was no access from room to room, which would lead to front door only. Door intacked would mean room key was used?!
Hodge stated his room was 32134.
Another small bit which seems coincidental but Hodge is the Aussie right?
FBI sting gone wrong? Who sets up shop and where, to monitor arms deal? Next room? With cameras?
Last bit. Hodge, Aussie. I heard on MSM that the girlfriend was traveling with an Australian passport. Coincidental perhaps?

posted on Oct, 5 2017 @ 11:10 AM
link   

I'm sure if the shooting continued they would have breached the second they got there. But the shooting had ceased. So why shouldn't they take the time to secure the floor and put together an optimal plan?

posted on Oct, 5 2017 @ 11:11 AM
link   

I'm thinking the strobe had an effect with reference to the youtube vid compilation of scanner reports posted recently in this thread. Many cops were reporting seeing muzzle flash on a lower floor, nobody reported seeing anything as high as the 32. Also the released videos that caused many ppl on this site to think they could see a lower floor shooter turned out to be the strobe light which has now been proven to have been there in days and weeks before the shooting.

posted on Oct, 5 2017 @ 11:12 AM
link   
a reply to: FamCore

ISIS are fighting a war. A handful of off-the-shelf civilian grade guns aren't going to excite them.

posted on Oct, 5 2017 @ 11:15 AM
link   

ISIS are fighting a war. A handful of off-the-shelf civilian grade guns aren't going to excite them.

23 high precision guns, locked and loaded in the middle of vegas wouldn't seem appealing to a terrorist organization that originates from the Middle East?

How much damage could 1 ISIS solder do with 1 of those guns?

What about 23 of them?
edit on 5-10-2017 by FamCore because: (no reason given)

posted on Oct, 5 2017 @ 11:17 AM
link   
Yeah, I don't believe the whole 'arms deal' thing either.

Big dollar arms deals go down with military grade weapons, not civilian grade...and certainly not with bad actors like ISIS and the like.

Those guys could care less about buying AR-15's with slide fire stocks when they can get more reliable, cheaper, fully automatic AK-47's, 74's and M76 sniper rifles by the truck load, direct from the manufacturer...along with RPG's, millions of rounds of ammo and just about everything else they want.

No, I think this was just some crackpot ass-clown who started thinking he was Jason Bourne or something and wanted to take out a bunch of folks and go out in a blaze of 'glory'. He wanted to be famous, and make a name for himself. And, he wanted to make a big statement, beyond the reach of any rifle, and this was a good way to do it.

posted on Oct, 5 2017 @ 11:18 AM
link   

originally posted by: soberbacchus

originally posted by: MysticPearl
This was posted somewhere else by an apparent LV cop. Who knows if true but it seems quite reasonable.

Hard to take seriously when they get his last name wrong?

You're the first person I've seen on ATS who has caught that.

Lol. I didn't see it.

The "arms dealer theory," isn't very plausible. Especially considering he purchased these guns in his own name, piece by piece, for (what appears to be) quite some time.

Him being an "arms dealer," is illogical. Highly illogical.

posted on Oct, 5 2017 @ 11:19 AM
link   
ATS is so #ed right now, taking forever to refresh. Another DDOS? What don't they want us to know!

posted on Oct, 5 2017 @ 11:20 AM
link   

How are you so sure of this?

The shooting didn't stop in Orlando and they didn't go in, and additional people died as a result.

I realize this wasn't Orlando, but, well, you get the idea.

posted on Oct, 5 2017 @ 11:20 AM
link   
DP

edit on 10/5/2017 by Flyingclaydisk because: (no reason given)

posted on Oct, 5 2017 @ 11:22 AM
link   
a reply to: KansasGirl

Nope you are not a bad girl and neither am I 🙃 I am the one that added that report to the thread. The sheriff reported it directly at last nights news conference. You read and remembered correctly.

Does anyone feel like this thread is being gaslighted ? Lol not specifically this question but question after question. I know it is hard to read all the way back but try at least people!

New news conference on CNN right now...firefigters I think? Weird...

top topics

<< 228  229  230    232  233  234 >>

join