It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

The Shed 17

page: 151
<< 148  149  150    152  153  154 >>

join
share:

posted on Dec, 13 2017 @ 05:08 PM
link   
a reply to: Night Star
Disgusting, but expected.

posted on Dec, 13 2017 @ 05:17 PM
link   
a reply to: LucidWarrior

Anyone ever tell you that you were a pain in the butt?

posted on Dec, 13 2017 @ 05:18 PM
link   
a reply to: JustMike

Sadly, yes. Hiya Mike! How is everything in your world? How's the weather? When are you going on your trip?

posted on Dec, 13 2017 @ 05:29 PM
link   

Thank you and you are correct, this is The Shed and not a place for such discussions.
Which is kinda why I (try very hard to!) stick to The Shed. I got a rap on my unmoderated fingers recently. 500 points disappeared just like that!

ETA It was a 9/11 related thread, just to be clear, honest and open.

If ever I would need need to be arrested, I would hope that SemperFortis would be the arresting officer. He's a cool and reasonable dude.
edit on 13/12/17 by LightSpeedDriver because: ETA

edit on 13/12/17 by LightSpeedDriver because: Typo

posted on Dec, 13 2017 @ 06:50 PM
link   
The winter sun lazily crawled out above the treeline, bathing the makeshift camp in a pale (but most welcome) glow. Gordi blinked against the intrusive rays of light and let out a gaping yawn, turning to snuggle back into his deerskin, but it was too late...
The morning's grasp had pulled him from his slumber and there was to be no return.

When he (at last) gave in to the inevitable and opened his eyes a strange sight greeted him...
His dwarven friend Pudge was struggling to get back into his undergarments, presumable after performing his morning ablutions, and was bent almost double trying to pick up a lost sleeve, or was it a leg?

"hmm, The sun and a Moon in the same view? This cannie be good!" joked the big fella.

Pudge just looked up - bemused, gave a derisory grunt and then finished dressing, before starting to rouse the fire from last night's fading embers.
The glowing tinder quickly gave way to crackling kindling and in no time at all a warming log fire had roared back into life.
Gordi sat up and surveyed his surroundings...
There were several rib bones from a large boar, a small (and very empty) wooden Ale barrel, and a snuffling & snoring Mixie the Pixie (who had a moustache drawn onto her upper lip) and who seemed to be surrounded by what appeared to be 3 empty Whisky bottles!

"well, ah canna remember whit went oan here last night, but by the looks o' it... I think we must hae enjoyed it very much!!" and a broad smile broke across his big bearded face.

posted on Dec, 13 2017 @ 07:24 PM
link   
We're pretty okay, it's freaking cold but the snow has melted for now, so we can drive safely, and we fly out on Sunday!

I'm in a dream...

posted on Dec, 13 2017 @ 07:39 PM
link   
Waves at Light!

Gordi...LOVED the story entry! You must continue! I was looking for music to inspire a little writing myself, but I am also on facebook looking at memes with great pics. This could take all night. LOL

Mike...ah, a dream coming true is the very best kind. I can't wait to hear all about it when you return, or if time allows, while you are there.

posted on Dec, 13 2017 @ 07:57 PM
link   
a reply to: LightSpeedDriver
I count Semper as a friend and he's a very kind and loving guy, who I feel lives by the motto: "First, do no harm". In other words, he never seeks to escalate a situation. I have learned a great deal from him and respect him.

The 9/11 forum often needs a fair bit of moderator attention. But don't worry about the points. That just an old-coding message from the time when we still used them for various things. Points mean nothing now. It's only the warning that matters.

The main thing is to consider why you got the slap on the wrist/rap on the knuckles in the first place. Staff actions are based on discussion and consensus and we rarely act unilaterally on anything significant -- unless it's so blatantly and obviously offensive (or just plain illegal) that it has to be removed asap. I think I've done that twice in the five years I've been on staff. One was a graphic video of animal cruelty that should never have been posted here, the other was images from a murder scene that even I, as a former volunteer firefighter who has seen some horrendous things, found hard to stomach.

But I'm glad that very few members had to view those things. They could drive some away, never to return.

In short, ATS staff don't go hunting for "bad" posts. If we see them, we alert them for staff review. But oftentimes, it's members who let us know and then we check out the post and there's discussion about what to do. But the points? They're nothing, really.
And if you only got a slap on the wrist and that was all, it was not too bad.

posted on Dec, 13 2017 @ 08:00 PM
link   
I'll definitelty be posting while we're there, Night.
Just wait for pics of my wife with a bunch of wallabies.

posted on Dec, 13 2017 @ 08:28 PM
link   

May the two of you have a wonderful journey.

Hugs to both of you.

posted on Dec, 13 2017 @ 08:29 PM
link   

I think the mods here are great!

I have had a few posts removed due to off-topic. It bothered me a bit at first, but then i understood that they were really not about the thread at all. And so many members here, if everyone just mumbles their own stuff about everything, the threads would just end up being a big mess.

I have never seen anything truly disturbing on ATS, that would seriously violate terms and conditions. Even when i see a fresh thread, there can be "Post removed for serious manners violation" but that has happened faster than i spotted the thread in the first place.

I bet there must be mods from different time zones who seem to be always alert. A forum of this size needs good moderation. Thank you for being a part of it.

posted on Dec, 13 2017 @ 08:36 PM
link   

To be honest, the mods here are cool. I probably deserved it and will expand no further on the why and the what of the thread in question. Semper is indeed a very nice guy. I also realise that staff decisions are not just dished out unilaterally. I've been here long enough and I think (bangs head) I've had 2, possibly three gentle warnings in my time here. I have also apologised directly to three members and at least one of those apologies was well received and answered. In fact the member in question told me he was trying to incite me, in a good way...

It was indeed just a slap on the wrist but I reckon he might have stolen a cookie back!

I must admit that animal cruelty will press my damn button every time and I would personally like to meet people capable of such acts alone in a dark alley with no weapons.

ETA Anyone born in Sheffield too?
(Arctic Monkeys come from Sheffield)
edit on 13/12/17 by LightSpeedDriver because: ETA

posted on Dec, 13 2017 @ 08:43 PM
link   
Rage against the coffee maker

It has started to perform strange tricks on me. I made my two mugs, 1.5 mugs was on the table and floor and i got only half a mug of my beloved dark roast. Pfffft....

I have to try again with better luck. Needed to rant a bit. Then i will give driver's song link a chance ->

posted on Dec, 13 2017 @ 08:50 PM
link   
a reply to: Finspiracy

Were you inebriated while trying to make coffee? Not that I know anything about being inebriated of course....

posted on Dec, 13 2017 @ 08:56 PM
link   

originally posted by: LightSpeedDriver

Were you inebriated while trying to make coffee? Not that I know anything about being inebriated of course....

Not at all. Yesterday was a hangover day and today afternoon my mom comes to visit me, so just being sober. A bit tired, but sober.

Music and the video were really good! I could not guess the ending at all. Nice one!

ETA. Same problem with the coffee maker. 1.5 mugs on the table and floor and only half a mug for me. But now i have drank 1 full mug in total! Before my mom arrives, i need to put my engineering degree to use and fix the coffee maker. (And... i don't have an engineering degree)

edit on 13-12-2017 by Finspiracy because: Coffee land, we have a problem!

posted on Dec, 13 2017 @ 09:30 PM
link   

Glad you liked it.
Just fake the engineering degree. Look on the internet for a fake diploma if all else fails.

"It's ok Mom, I know what I'm doing and here's my certificate to prove it!..."

Then hide.

posted on Dec, 13 2017 @ 10:59 PM
link   

Alright y’all..... this is currently my favorite band. I posted another song by them in the music forum.... but no one seemed to care.

However, since some of us have some gloomy days, these two songs speak to that very much.

edit on 13-12-2017 by chelsdh because: (no reason given)

posted on Dec, 13 2017 @ 11:06 PM
link   
LOL! The mystery of the faulty coffee maker and how to fix it!

Hello my lovelies! Hope my night shift is doing well. Well, it's night here anyway.

My calling brings me here to all of you and this magical realm.

edit on 13-12-2017 by Night Star because: (no reason given)

posted on Dec, 13 2017 @ 11:10 PM
link   
Light nice tune!

Chels, enjoying your vids as well! Have to go back and listen to the rest of the second one.

Hey Fin, where's my music? LOL

posted on Dec, 13 2017 @ 11:38 PM
link   
Hello all you crazy and lovely people!!

Finally back online after a month and a half of not being able to get on constantly like I used to. I just came up to my brother's house this past weekend and it has been a blast. Did have to take him to the hospital last night because of his jaw hurting but everything came back negative. Turns out he may have a pinched nerve in his lower left jaw.

Oh and Windows 10 hates me because I can't properly edit photos on here.

new topics

top topics

<< 148  149  150    152  153  154 >>

join