It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Horse meat for dinner if U.S. House gets its way

page: 7
<< 4  5  6    8  9 >>

join
share:

posted on Sep, 30 2017 @ 01:44 AM
link   
a reply to: ShawnTBear

Are you including naturally toxic meat in your statement (like some fish, mollusks, and amphibians)?

posted on Sep, 30 2017 @ 01:45 AM
link   

originally posted by: Kromlech
Funny. Horses have many purposes, being "cuisine" ISN'T one of them. Horse obviously isn't cattle, and NOT a common dish. LOL, look at liberals suddenly pretend to be all for consuming horse now. Hilarious...

These people are liberals?

posted on Sep, 30 2017 @ 01:55 AM
link   

originally posted by: Dudemo5

originally posted by: scraedtosleep

meat is meat is meat is meat.

So Mike Tyson can eat your babies?

If they died of natural causes he can.
Wouldn't bother me in the slightest.
Humanities worship of our meat sacks after we are dead is much more disgusting to me than using that meat to feed starving people will ever be.

Gross, dude. Do you have babies?

If you do, please don't tell me you're actually okay with Mike tyson eating their corpses. Please say that's just hyperbole.

I don't have babies but I have a mother that I love. She has dwarfism and I have been taking care of her for the last 15 years.
I honestly don't care if someone eats her body once she is dead. And nether does she. My family has always donated our organs. We donate our dead bodies to science or we get them cremated. Most of the time those ashes just go in the trash.
We are not just our bodies. It is better to help the living with our bodies after death than it is to just selfishly throw it in a hole to rot.

Would you really watch a person starve to death rather than feed them your dead child?
What if the person starving was your other child?

posted on Sep, 30 2017 @ 01:57 AM
link   

I don't have babies

That's all I really wanted to know. Thank goodness.

edit on 30-9-2017 by Dudemo5 because: (no reason given)

posted on Sep, 30 2017 @ 02:01 AM
link   

Funny. Horses have many purposes, being "cuisine" ISN'T one of them. Horse obviously isn't cattle, and NOT a common dish. LOL, look at liberals suddenly pretend to be all for consuming horse now. Hilarious...

I fit in the center of political charts and I am all about eating some horse. Carlos mencia once did a hilarious comedy bit about eating horse and why americans turn their noses up at it.
The part about horses starts at 55sec.
www.cc.com...

posted on Sep, 30 2017 @ 02:01 AM
link   
a reply to: SaturnFX

I LIKE taco bell...LUNGS'LL kill me before FOOD anyway.

posted on Sep, 30 2017 @ 02:03 AM
link   

originally posted by: cavtrooper7
a reply to: SaturnFX

I LIKE taco bell...LUNGS'LL kill me before FOOD anyway.

Alright, now I'm torn. I'm not sure what's more gross.... liking Taco Bell or watching Mike Tyson eat the corpse of an infant.

Okay, the latter's worse. But I had to think about that.

posted on Sep, 30 2017 @ 02:42 AM
link   

Some people are soo absurd they will try to put a political party based on how many toilet paper squares are used

posted on Sep, 30 2017 @ 03:18 AM
link   

When do we start eating puppies?

Ever been to Korea they have then right at the market. Chinese will eat dig as well but in their defense there really isn't much they won't eat.

posted on Sep, 30 2017 @ 03:24 AM
link   
We don't HAVE to eat beautiful horses.We have more than enough cattle.

posted on Sep, 30 2017 @ 03:31 AM
link   

originally posted by: intrepid
Horse. The other, other red meat.

I don't understand why there was a moratorium to start with. Meat is meat. It's probably tougher but is it tasty?

I have been told its a bit on the sweet side, which is how one finds out one is eating horse meat...

posted on Sep, 30 2017 @ 03:33 AM
link   

originally posted by: burdman30ott6
a reply to: Jonjonj

Not willing to eat a little ass, eh? (In seriousness, donkey meat isn't bad, either. It's best suited for longer cooking, though.)

I set myself up for that...

posted on Sep, 30 2017 @ 03:35 AM
link   

originally posted by: CynConcepts

originally posted by: Jonjonj

I wouldn't eat this little fella though.

He would look tastier each day that passes and you are starving. To me, he doesn't look that much different than a cute little lamb. Love lamb meat though never had to process one to the freezer. Did process 4 Pekin ducks this morning, though. It needed to be done, winter would have been hell for them/me and will end up being food for my family.

I have family and friends who think it is absolutely terrible that I process my own poultry as they simply go to the store and buy it. I can only imagine that most would love horse meat or even mealy bug burgers...as long as they don't know what it is they are eating.

Edit add: I can be adventurous, but even I, can get squeamish and be biased before I taste something new.

I will eat most anything. I just meant that particular lil' guy. Probably eat his older brother or sister though...

posted on Sep, 30 2017 @ 04:45 AM
link   

originally posted by: silo13

originally posted by: roadgravel
a reply to: silo13

So, no horse jerky as well?

Horse jerky is fantastic.

Soak in garlic, soya, pepper and a pinch of vinegar, Kocher salt all cut thin and cooked VERY slow.

Did it taste whorse?

posted on Sep, 30 2017 @ 07:11 AM
link   
And ? Horse cooks up well .

posted on Sep, 30 2017 @ 07:11 AM
link   
a reply to: silo13

I watched a guy on the food network eat a still beating king cobra's heart. After seeing that i'd gladly eat seabiscuits tough as nails rump.

posted on Sep, 30 2017 @ 07:18 AM
link   
In east Michigan there is 3-4 fat farms that buy horses cheap and pasture them for a year then ship them to Canada. The Flint area has a couple Caro 2-3 and a huge one by Ohmer. Sometimes you go buy and a hundred horses will be out and a month later, all gone.

posted on Sep, 30 2017 @ 09:43 AM
link   

originally posted by: TDawg61
We don't HAVE to eat beautiful horses.We have more than enough cattle.

We don't have to eat cute cows. We have more than enough chickens. Oh wait, we don't have to eat those cute chicks. We have more than enough beans...

I'm just kidding with you. Having said that, I would try horse, and if there was any chance it would do anything to even slightly lower the cost of beef and pork, I'm definitely down.

posted on Sep, 30 2017 @ 09:49 AM
link   

posted on Sep, 30 2017 @ 10:07 AM
link   
a reply to: intrepid

LOL

top topics

<< 4  5  6    8  9 >>

join