It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Horse meat for dinner if U.S. House gets its way

page: 4
<< 1  2  3    5  6  7 >>

join
share:

posted on Sep, 29 2017 @ 06:37 PM
link   
a reply to: darepairman

We better get the memo to the Professional Bull Rider Association.

posted on Sep, 29 2017 @ 06:38 PM
link   
a reply to: roadgravel

allright ya got me there

posted on Sep, 29 2017 @ 06:39 PM
link   

originally posted by: Cygnis
The Beef industry won't like this, they'll have competition which should drive down the cost of beef decently.

I, for one, have no issue with eating horse, or anything else as long as it's priced right.

Granted, the USA bans horse meat, but we can eat all sorts of chemicals. Go figure..

In Europe, we had the problem where horse meat was being substituted for beef. I noticed something funny was going on when I tried cooking my burgers. They would end up being "glued" to the aluminum foil and impossible to peel off.

posted on Sep, 29 2017 @ 06:40 PM
link   

But then those guys are a bit crazy.

posted on Sep, 29 2017 @ 06:43 PM
link   

originally posted by: roadgravel

But then those guys are a bit crazy.

as a shieet house rat.

posted on Sep, 29 2017 @ 06:47 PM
link   
Never had horse, wouldn't mind trying it. If the liberals want to be "like Europe " ? Why not eat horse? I never understood the "leaders" ban on it anyway. Other than upsetting a few cattle ranchers and "pet" lovers. I don't see how an "Elk Dog" would be any less tasty than an actual elk. I'm thinking it is more of a control thing. "Leaders" can't have people running around not depending on them for sustenance.

posted on Sep, 29 2017 @ 06:51 PM
link   
a reply to: stormcell

It'll stick with you longer and you'll eat less. Could be a solution to obesity. I say, we should give it a try, here in the states.

posted on Sep, 29 2017 @ 06:51 PM
link   

originally posted by: intrepid
Horse. The other, other red meat.

I don't understand why there was a moratorium to start with. Meat is meat. It's probably tougher but is it tasty?

I was gonna post a picture after googling "human flesh"...but no...I won't.

Not all meat is equal would be my only point here....now go google human flesh and check the images..

posted on Sep, 29 2017 @ 06:53 PM
link   

originally posted by: SaturnFX

I don't understand why there was a moratorium to start with. Meat is meat. It's probably tougher but is it tasty?

Not all meat is equal would be my only point here....now go google human flesh and check the images..

posted on Sep, 29 2017 @ 06:54 PM
link   
a reply to: silo13

The full House then ratified that shift in policy, for the first time in two years — opening the door to revival of an industry that many Americans find repugnant, but which some horse owners view as a practical way to dispose of unwanted livestock.

Unwanted People too, just saying.

But, how would you know.

Thousand of people go missing every year never to be heard from or seen again.

Were do they go?

posted on Sep, 29 2017 @ 06:57 PM
link   
a reply to: intrptr

Thousand of people go missing every year never to be heard from or seen again.

Were do they go?

posted on Sep, 29 2017 @ 06:58 PM
link   

originally posted by: SaturnFX

Google "Long Pig" and check those.

posted on Sep, 29 2017 @ 06:58 PM
link   

We better get the memo to the Professional Bull Rider Association.

Sent by overweight courier.

posted on Sep, 29 2017 @ 06:59 PM
link   

originally posted by: Jonjonj

I wouldn't eat this little fella though.

He would look tastier each day that passes and you are starving. To me, he doesn't look that much different than a cute little lamb. Love lamb meat though never had to process one to the freezer. Did process 4 Pekin ducks this morning, though. It needed to be done, winter would have been hell for them/me and will end up being food for my family.

I have family and friends who think it is absolutely terrible that I process my own poultry as they simply go to the store and buy it. I can only imagine that most would love horse meat or even mealy bug burgers...as long as they don't know what it is they are eating.

Edit add: I can be adventurous, but even I, can get squeamish and be biased before I taste something new.
edit on 9 29 2017 by CynConcepts because: (no reason given)

posted on Sep, 29 2017 @ 07:01 PM
link   
I imagine if McDonald's launches the McPony they will lose some of the customers. Business logic says they don't mention using horse meat even if they do.

posted on Sep, 29 2017 @ 07:03 PM
link   

I imagine if McDonald's launches the McPony they will lose some of the customers. Business logic says they don't mention using horse meat even if they do.

Don't they already use horse meat?

posted on Sep, 29 2017 @ 07:07 PM
link   
Just NO. This will wind up in our processed cold cuts for sure.
Any place I find out sells horse meat, is the last time I shop there.

posted on Sep, 29 2017 @ 07:07 PM
link   
a reply to: SaturnFX

Human flesh? What's that got to do with a horse? Animal and human are not the same. Eating meat, does not make one a cannibal. A cow will eat hamburger all day long. Because it's a dumb animal and has no moral accountability. And it will eventually suffer for it. I've seen deer eat other dead deer. I'd assume for the salt. Humans are not animals. Horses are animals, very useful and probably tasty.

posted on Sep, 29 2017 @ 07:10 PM
link   
a reply to: charlyv

There'll be a hundred others that'd replace you. No revenue will/would be lost.

posted on Sep, 29 2017 @ 07:10 PM
link   
I think horsemeat is popular with Germans, I know there are butchershops here that sell it, with big signage stating as much. My dad talked about saving horses when he was younger..from the dog food factory.

top topics

<< 1  2  3    5  6  7 >>

join