It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Horse meat for dinner if U.S. House gets its way

page: 6
<< 3  4  5    7  8  9 >>

join
share:

posted on Sep, 29 2017 @ 08:54 PM
link   

originally posted by: murphy22
a reply to: SaturnFX

Human flesh? What's that got to do with a horse? Animal and human are not the same. Eating meat, does not make one a cannibal. A cow will eat hamburger all day long. Because it's a dumb animal and has no moral accountability. And it will eventually suffer for it. I've seen deer eat other dead deer. I'd assume for the salt. Humans are not animals. Horses are animals, very useful and probably tasty.

Horses are animals, yes
Humans are also animals.

an·i·mal
noun
a living organism that feeds on organic matter, typically having specialized sense organs and nervous system and able to respond rapidly to stimuli.

So, why don't we eat humans? Meat is meat, right?
All are animals.
We don't eat humans mostly on principle..we are humans, we don't want to be eaten.
My principles go further however, I don't eat species proven to have critical thinking and self awareness...This means no monkeys (especially gorillas), no elephants, etc. I also don't eat domesticated animals such as dogs and horses...Cats I don't eat simply because they are too adorable to eat, however, they are first on the list should starvation kick in. (Sorry Ms. Mewlington)

We have these arbitrary rules that guide us through life in a bit of structure..else, well, why not eat humans if meat is meat

From what I understand, human meat tastes delicious...like sweet pork.

posted on Sep, 29 2017 @ 09:13 PM
link   

Because the PRIONS would kill us.

posted on Sep, 29 2017 @ 09:17 PM
link   
a reply to: cavtrooper7

Yes there are reasons for us not to eat other humans..Kuru, may be more related to eating the brain..mmmm brains
en.wikipedia.org...(disease)
edit on 29-9-2017 by vonclod because: (no reason given)

posted on Sep, 29 2017 @ 10:02 PM
link   

originally posted by: cavtrooper7

Lets hope its more than the fear of Prions,keeping us off the menu.

Certain old amazon tribes were probably cannibalistic, calling the unwary early explorer" Long Pig" as they were thrown on the spit.

posted on Sep, 29 2017 @ 10:04 PM
link   

originally posted by: roadgravel
a reply to: silo13

So, no horse jerky as well?

Horse jerky is fantastic.

Soak in garlic, soya, pepper and a pinch of vinegar, Kocher salt all cut thin and cooked VERY slow.

posted on Sep, 29 2017 @ 10:17 PM
link   
When do we start eating puppies?

posted on Sep, 29 2017 @ 10:18 PM
link   

originally posted by: SaturnFX

originally posted by: murphy22

Human flesh? What's that got to do with a horse? Animal and human are not the same. Eating meat, does not make one a cannibal. A cow will eat hamburger all day long. Because it's a dumb animal and has no moral accountability. And it will eventually suffer for it. I've seen deer eat other dead deer. I'd assume for the salt. Humans are not animals. Horses are animals, very useful and probably tasty.

Horses are animals, yes
Humans are also animals.

an·i·mal
noun
a living organism that feeds on organic matter, typically having specialized sense organs and nervous system and able to respond rapidly to stimuli.

So, why don't we eat humans? Meat is meat, right?
All are animals.
We don't eat humans mostly on principle..we are humans, we don't want to be eaten.
My principles go further however, I don't eat species proven to have critical thinking and self awareness...This means no monkeys (especially gorillas), no elephants, etc. I also don't eat domesticated animals such as dogs and horses...Cats I don't eat simply because they are too adorable to eat, however, they are first on the list should starvation kick in. (Sorry Ms. Mewlington)

We have these arbitrary rules that guide us through life in a bit of structure..else, well, why not eat humans if meat is meat

From what I understand, human meat tastes delicious...like sweet pork.

I'm with you on this one, mate.

posted on Sep, 29 2017 @ 10:30 PM
link   
a reply to: Dudemo5

Never.

posted on Sep, 29 2017 @ 10:44 PM
link   
K. I'd try it. I'd try dog and cat too, probably just once.

posted on Sep, 29 2017 @ 10:55 PM
link   
meat is meat is meat is meat.

posted on Sep, 29 2017 @ 11:01 PM
link   

originally posted by: scraedtosleep

So Mike Tyson can eat your babies?

posted on Sep, 29 2017 @ 11:24 PM
link   

originally posted by: Dudemo5

If they died of natural causes he can.
Wouldn't bother me in the slightest.
Humanities worship of our meat sacks after we are dead is much more disgusting to me than using that meat to feed starving people will ever be.

posted on Sep, 29 2017 @ 11:31 PM
link   

originally posted by: Dudemo5

If they died of natural causes he can.
Wouldn't bother me in the slightest.
Humanities worship of our meat sacks after we are dead is much more disgusting to me than using that meat to feed starving people will ever be.

Gross, dude. Do you have babies?

If you do, please don't tell me you're actually okay with Mike tyson eating their corpses. Please say that's just hyperbole.

posted on Sep, 29 2017 @ 11:44 PM
link   
oh dear - so any emotional responses

i a partucularly amused by the " eating babies " leap of " logic "

my opinion is that its fine - as long as its correctly labeled [ we [ UK ] had a bit of a scandal 2 years ago with european tinned eats containing horse - when it should have been beef ]

and correctly raise // transported / slaughtered and butchered

the french dont have any problems with horse meat

posted on Sep, 29 2017 @ 11:49 PM
link   

originally posted by: mOjOm

originally posted by: rickymouse

Of course, they only make electric ones now.
Nobody can even turn a crank anymore.

First time I've ever seen one of those.

Makes ya wonder how they can manage to reel in a fish. Perhaps they just run with the pole in hand and drag it up on shore. LOL

I used to run with the pole and drag big northerns in if they started to come towards me, after fighting for five minutes, sometimes they would try to come towards you so they could work the hook out somehow and you couldn't reel in fast enough so I would take off running and pull them right up onto the shore. I lost a half dozen pike because I couldn't reel fast enough before I figured that one out.

I hooked a fish one time with a two foot wide tail, I don't know what it was, it was playing with my bait, I got pissed and jerked and it's tail came up out of the water. It took off, snapped my pole and then my twenty five pound line within about fifteen seconds. This is in a little lake connected by a channel to Lake Superior, the only thing up here that supposedly grows that big is a sturgeon. I would spend eight hours a day half the summer fishing in that lake while my father worked in a flooring mill near by. I did that for about four years in the summers, there were a couple of other kids who came there and also a couple of older guys who came every day.

posted on Sep, 29 2017 @ 11:49 PM
link   

originally posted by: ignorant_ape
oh dear - so any emotional responses

i a partucularly amused by the " eating babies " leap of " logic "

my opinion is that its fine - as long as its correctly labeled [ we [ UK ] had a bit of a scandal 2 years ago with european tinned eats containing horse - when it should have been beef ]

and correctly raise // transported / slaughtered and butchered

the french dont have any problems with horse meat

Dude, the guy said "meat is meat."

So I asked if he was okay with Mike Tyson "eating his babies," because, well, babies are made of meat just like every other animal is made of meat, and if "meat is really meat," then what's the big deal.

The point I'm making is that while all muscle tissue has certain things in common and is edible, human beings attach emotional significance to some animals more than they do others. Ergo, from an emotional perspective, all meat is not the same. And unless they're stuck on a wagon in the middle of winter in a high mountain pass, people don't normally eat each other, and would rather not eat their horses or dogs or other things that they have an emotional attachment to.

You know, oftentimes dogs would rather starve to death than eat their owners, even after their owners are dead. Not all the time, but it's more common than many would think. This is much the same idea, in reverse.

Some people would be happy eating horses, but not puppies.

Some people would be just fine munching down on French explorers.

A lot of people are going to draw a line at horses because of the relationship between humanity and horses -- it's the same reason they would draw the line at dogs.

edit on 29-9-2017 by Dudemo5 because: (no reason given)

edit on 29-9-2017 by Dudemo5 because: (no reason given)

posted on Sep, 30 2017 @ 01:24 AM
link   

originally posted by: cavtrooper7

Can't be any worse than taco bell

posted on Sep, 30 2017 @ 01:35 AM
link   
I will never understand why some animal meat is considered off limits compared to others.

posted on Sep, 30 2017 @ 01:43 AM
link   
Funny. Horses have many purposes, being "cuisine" ISN'T one of them. Horse obviously isn't cattle, and NOT a common dish. LOL, look at liberals suddenly pretend to be all for consuming horse now. Hilarious...
edit on 30-9-2017 by Kromlech because: (no reason given)

posted on Sep, 30 2017 @ 01:44 AM
link   

originally posted by: ShawnTBear
I will never understand why some animal meat is considered off limits compared to others.

Because human societies have different traditions, relationships, and emotional connections with different kinds of animals.
And unless they are starving and have no options, most people would rather eat an animal they don't have a strong emotional attachment to.

top topics

<< 3  4  5    7  8  9 >>

join