It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Black Lives Matter movement cannot be sued, U.S. judge rules

page: 3
<< 1  2    4 >>

join
share:

posted on Sep, 28 2017 @ 09:27 PM
link   
a reply to: Deaf Alien

If only it were.

posted on Sep, 28 2017 @ 09:31 PM
link   

originally posted by: ADSE255

If only it were.

What do you mean? Prisons are overflown with thugs and drug dealers.

posted on Sep, 28 2017 @ 09:33 PM
link   
I don't think BLM itself is an actual structured organization with chairman, CEO, headmasters, grand wizards, board of directors or incorporated as a trust, LLC, NGO, 501, or other type of commercial entity.

I think it is literally a hash tag and people in individual communities that rally support for the cause. If there is no return address, there is nothing to sue. You can only sue the individuals who may incite a crowd at a particular demonstration.

The money from these grants are not going to a central structure. They have people actively working with the individuals involved with this hashtag, and the money is given to them.

It goes like this:
A rep of Soros's OSF "hi this is Satan's minions, we hear from our scouts that you are pissed off about stuff and are getting loud in public is this correct? Wonderful news, we love to support trouble makers to stir # up as a way to piss people off, can we send you a few hundred pre-paid debit cards to get more angry people yelling in public??? Bonuses if you smash police cruisers or burn local businesses down.
Poor dumb schmuck not realizing they are being co-opted: "#, you had me at smash police cruisers!! Hey everybody, they gonna pay us to break # and smashpolice cars!!" and the crowd goes wild!

But there is no return address for #BLM so it cannot be sued. Find the incident, sue that coordinator. Should be easy enough to stick em with inciting riots.
edit on Sun Oct 1 2017 by DontTreadOnMe because: Mod Note: Do Not Evade the Automatic Censors

posted on Sep, 28 2017 @ 09:34 PM
link   
a reply to: Gryphon66

Within the context of the judges statement, illegitimate pertaining to a organization that can be sued.

Black Lives Matter is a chapter-based national organization working for the validity of Black life. We are working to (re)build the Black liberation movement.

blacklivesmatter.com...

Thinking in terms of say biker gangs, there is the same premise.

Maybe you are giving me too much credit.

posted on Sep, 28 2017 @ 09:37 PM
link   
a reply to: JinMI

I beg your pardon.

Still I’m going to give you this one.

posted on Sep, 28 2017 @ 09:37 PM
link   
a reply to: JinMI
biker gangs have lodges with an address specific to their crew. That organization can indeed be sued.

posted on Sep, 28 2017 @ 09:41 PM
link   

originally posted by: 3daysgone
a reply to: DBCowboy

As much as I think the left are a group of violent Marxists bent on world domination, the individuals within who actually commit acts of violence are the ones who should be prosecuted.

Charles Manson would love you for that.

Maybe.

But I am a big believer of individual responsibility.

posted on Sep, 28 2017 @ 09:42 PM
link   
a reply to: worldstarcountry

I'm having trouble finding any. I can find plenty where they have sued however.

posted on Sep, 28 2017 @ 11:39 PM
link   

Yeah. It's too bad the Obama administration released a bunch of them via the front door. Literally. New York I think.

posted on Sep, 28 2017 @ 11:41 PM
link   

Yeah. It's too bad the Obama administration released a bunch of them via the front door. Literally. New York I think.

Too bad that you fell for that propaganda.

posted on Sep, 28 2017 @ 11:50 PM
link   

Prove me wrong.

posted on Sep, 28 2017 @ 11:56 PM
link   

Prove me wrong.

Are you talking about Gitmo or federal prisoners?
You mentioned New York. What are you talking about?

posted on Sep, 29 2017 @ 12:04 AM
link   

No.

I saw this on the news 3 or so years ago. Jails were too full so they simply released a bunch of them into the streets.

posted on Sep, 29 2017 @ 12:09 AM
link   

No.

I saw this on the news 3 or so years ago. Jails were too full so they simply released a bunch of them into the streets.

You mean the non-violent offenders?

posted on Sep, 29 2017 @ 12:17 AM
link   

No. Im fairly sure they were a mixed bunch.

Car thieves. Robbery. Wife beaters.

posted on Sep, 29 2017 @ 12:20 AM
link   

No. Im fairly sure they were a mixed bunch.

Car thieves. Robbery. Wife beaters.

Have a source?

posted on Sep, 29 2017 @ 12:35 AM
link   

Im still waiting for yours.

posted on Sep, 29 2017 @ 12:38 AM
link   

Im still waiting for yours.

That's what you said.

posted on Sep, 29 2017 @ 12:42 AM
link   

originally posted by:

Prove me wrong.

posted on Sep, 29 2017 @ 12:57 AM
link   
so, if you label your organization a social movement you can`t be sued? maybe Monsanto should label themselves as a social movement instead of a corporation and they can`t be sued for all the poisons and GMO`s they inflict on society?

this is a bad presidence some corporation WILL find a way to take advantage of this ruling to make themselves immune to being sued.i bet the asbestos industry is pissed off that this ruling didn`t come 20 or 30 years ago.

new topics

top topics

<< 1  2    4 >>

join