It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

I'd Guess maybe 5 Percent of those who watch the NFL stand for the Anthem. The hypocrisy is HUGE

page: 26
<< 23  24  25    27  28  29 >>

join
share:

posted on Sep, 28 2017 @ 12:26 PM
link   

originally posted by: keys2heaven

originally posted by: Gryphon66
a reply to: keys2heaven

Apparently you favor gossip sites and musing about someone’s girl.

Straw man arguments must be a staple of the left. Explains a lot on here.

Did you quote a gossip site as evidence?

Are you claiming that Kaepernick's actions are a result of his girlfriend?

Do you know what a straw man argument is?

posted on Sep, 28 2017 @ 12:26 PM
link   

originally posted by: fleabit
I have a VERY strong suspicion that Trump has -never- read the constitution

I am 95% positive he has not read the constitution allegedly he doesn't read the briefings given to him so it's not any surprise.

I think he had this idea when he got elected president that it would be like being the boss of his own company and had to wake up to the harsh reality of the checks and balances put in place by the constitution.
edit on 28-9-2017 by SolAquarius because: (no reason given)

posted on Sep, 28 2017 @ 12:27 PM
link   
Anyone cite flag code yet? It states "all present", so, no, if you're in your home and the anthem is being played on TV or the radio it's ok to not rise for it.

If one is there at the event though, you know, present, then yes, you should rise.

Case closed?

posted on Sep, 28 2017 @ 12:27 PM
link   
a reply to: ColoradoJens

You never see someone stand unless they're at the game. Unless they're AT the game. I wouldn't find it necessary to stand unless I'm at the event, just like the fans and the players. It's respectful. I also pull over and remove my cap when I see a Hearse and a convoy of cars in a funeral. It's respectful. I stay there until they're gone. I don't stop and remove my cap when I see a Hearse and a convoy of cars for a funeral on the television.

posted on Sep, 28 2017 @ 12:28 PM
link   

originally posted by: redpills

I don't stand up in my home. But in the stadium when they say "Please rise for the anthem" I stand for the anthem.

What's the point?

I believe the point had to do with the wailing and gnashing of teeth among some here who are such devout Americans that they stand, salute, and honor the Flag and our Anthem at every opportunity and hate those that don't ... except of course, when they don't stand while they're getting beer from concession, or in the toilet, or at home.

It's a matter of blatant hypocrisy on the part of some; OP is just drawing a red line under it.

posted on Sep, 28 2017 @ 12:33 PM
link   
a reply to: Gryphon66

Ever seen a Beret take a knee during the National Anthem?

posted on Sep, 28 2017 @ 12:37 PM
link   

originally posted by: Painterz

originally posted by: hombero
Well yeah, 99% of people don't stand. That's inaction. Kneeling is a conscious decision to say "F you" the people that fought for your country, and Europe, etc.

Why do you think that though? When the people kneeling have told you specifically and repeatedly that it is not about saying f-you to anybody. When they have told you specifically and repeatedly that they respect the veterans and the flags?

Why do you persist in insisting that the people doing it are telling you lies about why they are doing it?

They would know wouldn't they? They're the ones protesting? THey know what they are protesting about.

Trump is the one telling you lies. Stop believing the lies.
No one is saying they lied, they just changed from it being about racism in police brutality to being about Trump. The original guy says it was about police brutality against black and minority then when it didn't go over so well he said he was honoring vets. They are moving their own goal posts my friend. I was talking with a friend last night who is an avid football fan and she says definitely there are NFL rules about the national anthem and they are breaking the rules and This Godell guy is allowing it .... she also told me the Patriots stand for the anthem

posted on Sep, 28 2017 @ 12:40 PM
link   

originally posted by: keys2heaven

Seems to me that most of your posts rely on conjecture and offering nothing in the way of real information.

Oh, and of course, you use these forums to berate and belittle folks as well.

Whatever makes the world go round for you. All it tells me is that you have no life, if you spend most of it here bullying others.

Ironic, considering you're using these forums to berate and belittle folks, as well.

posted on Sep, 28 2017 @ 12:40 PM
link   

originally posted by: LSU0408

Why don't you tell the next one you see that presenting a Flag to a Gold Star family, and so honoring them, is disrespectful.

posted on Sep, 28 2017 @ 12:41 PM
link   

originally posted by: redpills

I don't stand up in my home. But in the stadium when they say "Please rise for the anthem" I stand for the anthem.

What's the point?

I believe the point had to do with the wailing and gnashing of teeth among some here who are such devout Americans that they stand, salute, and honor the Flag and our Anthem at every opportunity and hate those that don't ... except of course, when they don't stand while they're getting beer from concession, or in the toilet, or at home.

It's a matter of blatant hypocrisy on the part of some; OP is just drawing a red line under it.
It has nothing to do with hating oeople who don't honor the flag and the anthem it's about disrespect. I'm inclined to think that they never had respect to begin with or they wouldn't be doing this. Just more of the Michelle Obama brand of not being proud of your country till your hubby gets hired as POTUS then we're all
About hope makin a comeback and if by the way it's sure nice to go on these paid vacations and fun forcing grade schoolers to eat black bean salad ......

posted on Sep, 28 2017 @ 12:44 PM
link   
a reply to: ThirdEyeofHorus

Try to be just a bit more precise: it's about how you are trying to define "disrespect." I doubt any of us wants to take your beliefs as standard.

Gosh, I wonder what most of these players and Michelle Obama have in common? Hmmm, let's think about it, since theres absolutely no connection to her in this thread ... hmmm ...

You don't like black bean salad either? Color me surprised.

posted on Sep, 28 2017 @ 12:45 PM
link   

It is not even that the reason changed. Kap started sitting on the bench because he was pouting because he lost his job in "open competition" to Blane Gabbert in the 2016 preseason. Kap sat for 2 weeks before anyone noticed. No press conference, no statement about his protest, no tweets, no instagram, no facebook posts, because it was NOT a protest. It was a spoiled entitled athlete throwing a fit because the coach benched him. Kap had absolutely no problem standing when he was the starting quarterback for the 49ers. His actions were to get the team to cut him or force a trade. Instead he has no job, and people are actually protesting now.

posted on Sep, 28 2017 @ 12:49 PM
link   

originally posted by: SolAquarius

originally posted by: fleabit
I have a VERY strong suspicion that Trump has -never- read the constitution

I am 95% positive he has not read the constitution allegedly he doesn't read the briefings given to him so it's not any surprise.

I think he had this idea when he got elected president that it would be like being the boss of his own company and had to wake up to the harsh reality of the checks and balances put in place by the constitution.
Yah not like any other POTUS who just signs an EO whenever Congress doesn't acquiesce ....or tells the country offhand that the police were out of line without checking the facts, or tells all his followers to just get in everyone's face or uses the IRS to target political opponents or oh how about this one....changes the law to suit his ideas...yes he changed Obamacare law himself at will. let's talk about what a Potus should abd shouldn't be doing. Did I
Mention droning American citizens abroad without a due trial by peers, going to war without Congress and groping everyone at the airport?
edit on 28-9-2017 by ThirdEyeofHorus because: (no reason given)

posted on Sep, 28 2017 @ 12:52 PM
link   

posted on Sep, 28 2017 @ 12:54 PM
link   

originally posted by: LSU0408

Why don't you tell the next one you see that presenting a Flag to a Gold Star family, and so honoring them, is disrespectful.

What saddens me is that you do not see a difference between showing honor at a funeral and taking a knee at a sporting event.

posted on Sep, 28 2017 @ 12:59 PM
link   

There is actually a distinction made in 36 USC 301:

(b)Conduct During Playing.—During a rendition of the national anthem—
(1) when the flag is displayed—
(A) individuals in uniform should give the military salute at the first note of the anthem and maintain that position until the last note;
(B) members of the Armed Forces and veterans who are present but not in uniform may render the military salute in the manner provided for individuals in uniform; and
(C) all other persons present should face the flag and stand at attention with their right hand over the heart, and men not in uniform, if applicable, should remove their headdress with their right hand and hold it at the left shoulder, the hand being over the heart; and
(2) when the flag is not displayed, all present should face toward the music and act in the same manner they would if the flag were displayed.

Emphasis added. Anyone could have found this in about 10 seconds on Google.

Edit: Just to be clear, this law doesn't mean you are legally required to perform said actions. This law isn't applicable to all citizens. I just posted it to make the point that where this protocol is described, it does make distinctions between those actually present at the event and those not.
edit on 28 9 17 by face23785 because: (no reason given)

posted on Sep, 28 2017 @ 01:03 PM
link   

LOL ....

Trump Considers Executive Order after Defeat in Congress

Honestly I didn't hear about that but Onana really did just change his own legacy law at will. It's not like his supporters challenged it when he did it. Soooo you mean this from
Your article?

“I am considering an executive order on associations and that will take care of a tremendous number of people with regard to healthcare and I’ll probably be signing a very major executive order where people can go out, cross state lines, do lots of things and buy their own healthcare,” Trump said.
www.reuters.com... Crossing state lines is a major issue. Apparently you have nothing to say about out former Presidents abuse of power.

edit on 28-9-2017 by ThirdEyeofHorus because: (no reason given)

posted on Sep, 28 2017 @ 01:03 PM
link   
Not even comparable. Live you typically have a singer, thousands of people including service members, LE, players etc all standing together..used to be the only damn time we all stand together for anything. Sad to see really, highlights the fact that we will likely never stand in unison for anything in this country.

posted on Sep, 28 2017 @ 01:10 PM
link   

I'd guess even less of those who watch the NFL kneel for the anthem.

Joe Public sitting at home with his beer isn't watching the NFL for the politics, and isn't making a public spectacle by purposely disrespecting the country in front of millions of people. Trying to equate the two is pretty ridiculous.

edit on 28-9-2017 by Konduit because: (no reason given)

posted on Sep, 28 2017 @ 01:11 PM
link   

originally posted by: tjack
Anyone cite flag code yet? It states "all present", so, no, if you're in your home and the anthem is being played on TV or the radio it's ok to not rise for it.

If one is there at the event though, you know, present, then yes, you should rise.

Case closed?

This is spot on, tjack.

For all those who need verification of the above, you can find it on page 11 of a copy of the U.S. Flag Code here:

www.gpo.gov...

new topics

top topics

<< 23  24  25    27  28  29 >>

join