It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

I'd Guess maybe 5 Percent of those who watch the NFL stand for the Anthem. The hypocrisy is HUGE

page: 24
<< 21  22  23    25  26  27 >>

join
share:

posted on Sep, 28 2017 @ 09:44 AM
link   
a reply to: badw0lf

And what has it become? Trump tweets about them being sacked, so all and sundry kneel. Far from being about racial divide now, isn't it.

can I rephrase this......

trump tweets putting pressure on the teams to fire the protesting players....
the players decide to side with their protesting teammates which brings it to a fire all or take trump's pressure...
and so, the managers and owners.... they decide to side with the protesters also... since there is no football game if they fire all the players!!!

seems to me that what blew this into something bigger was a president who overstepped his bounds and thought it was a good idea to start telling bosses who they should fire!!!

meanwhile, for some reason, I kind of think that if I tried hard enough I'd still find a few people who were still trying so danged hard to defend that separatist who ran through a crowd of people or claiming the whole even was staged, ect...
because, of course, their freedom to protest is so danged important!!!

if you can't ignore a few players kneeling at the beginning of the game, or the few comments made by the commentators about that.... if it is raising your blood pressure so high, well, I don't know what to tell you, since you were probably one of the ones that was also telling the people of charlottesville that it was their own fault if they got hurt because they shouldn't have been there, they shouldn't have reacted when people with teki torches were marching through their streets and attacking fellow residents of the city with them, injuring them to the point where one ended up having a stroke!!!

poor little ole you! so distressed over a picture on a tv screen!!

hypocritical doesn't describe it!

posted on Sep, 28 2017 @ 09:45 AM
link   

originally posted by: neo96

The hypocrisy is HUGE

Sure is.

A bunch of one percenters crying bout income inequality and racism.

When American athletics is dominated by millionaire minorities.

Mount Everest of hypocrisy.

What does money have to do with recognizing racism, Neo?

Are you claiming that rich people shouldn't be trusted somehow? Is it bad to make money in this country?

posted on Sep, 28 2017 @ 09:48 AM
link   
a reply to: badw0lf

Little more than buzz words and PC platitudes from you.

I've given you feedback on your post in an open forum. If you can't deal with an opposing position without freaking out, maybe find some other way to occupy your time?

Hyperbolic nonsense. A few players joined the demonstration after Trump's stupidity. Not all by any means.

Unions? Jesus, are you already out of talking points?

posted on Sep, 28 2017 @ 10:17 AM
link   
a reply to: Gryphon66

Seems to me that most of your posts rely on conjecture and offering nothing in the way of real information.

Oh, and of course, you use these forums to berate and belittle folks as well.

Whatever makes the world go round for you. All it tells me is that you have no life, if you spend most of it here bullying others.

posted on Sep, 28 2017 @ 10:27 AM
link   
I don't watch any sports on TV, so my answer would be no. I do however go watch our high school team play. Not only do I stand for the anthem before the game, but everyone else stands. No one takes a knee. Fans, players, cheerleaders, band, color guard, all stand. I would feel sorry for anyone around here that did take a knee.

posted on Sep, 28 2017 @ 10:38 AM
link   

originally posted by: keys2heaven
a reply to: Gryphon66

Seems to me that most of your posts rely on conjecture and offering nothing in the way of real information.

Oh, and of course, you use these forums to berate and belittle folks as well.

Whatever makes the world go round for you. All it tells me is that you have no life, if you spend most of it here bullying others.

Don't read 'em.

posted on Sep, 28 2017 @ 10:43 AM
link   
Bahahaha...this is great OP. I told my wife that while I don't agree with the way they are protesting I can't be mad about it. And I said exactly what you preached. I mean when you take the time to think about it. We are upset about them taking a knee during the National Anthem...think about if for a second, that is why we are angry? Really!!!

posted on Sep, 28 2017 @ 10:45 AM
link   
I'd also add that I bet that number is closer to 1% than 5%

posted on Sep, 28 2017 @ 10:47 AM
link   

originally posted by: HawkeyeNation

You're an optimist, LOL.

posted on Sep, 28 2017 @ 10:49 AM
link   
a reply to: ColoradoJens

Its not hypocrisy. Its being human.

All this flap has arisen because people with an audience told their audience to be upset over it. Same with the Puerto Rico thing. How many people went to check on what is actually going on, beyond reading some video posted on their social media that is telling them things that are untrue?

People care about facts, not truth. Facts are devoid of truth, and stand singularly as a statement. The fact may or may not be truthful, depending on if its implying something that is truthful or not (out of context, for example...which is the madness we see today).

Orwell told us about this. He really did. 1984 is free for download on the internet in .pdf form. If you haven't read it, read it. Being aware of the onslaught of lies cloaked behind facts is the first half of the battle.

posted on Sep, 28 2017 @ 10:49 AM
link   

originally posted by: HawkeyeNation

I won't even stand for the national anthem when i am in the stands. I see patriotism as a ritual practiced by imbeciles.

posted on Sep, 28 2017 @ 10:52 AM
link   
a reply to: bigfatfurrytexan

There are times ...

posted on Sep, 28 2017 @ 10:56 AM
link   
As I said when this started.. this is fake outrage, sparked by Trump's comments. His flock seem to remain passive about something until he inflames them.. and suddenly, it becomes a big deal. From "fake media" and now kneeling at the anthem.. it went from a couple years of "ho hum" to "omg selling season tickets burning my hat omg the disrespect!" Please...

Why does something only become a huge deal after Trump tweets it? Are people too dim to figure this stuff out for themselves? They need a reality tv show clown of a POTUS to point it out first?

# of terrorist attacks by immigrants before Trump: ZERO - Trump says.. "Stop flights from countries! Expel illegals! We are all in danger!".. and people believe it. Omg stealing our tomato and grape picking jobs get rid of them all! Save us! All his followers flock to his call.

# of media outlets that always reported with a biased slant.. with typically true news, but told with an agenda: All of them. Trump tweets "Fake news!".. and suddenly, ONLY liberal biased news sources suddenly report FALSE news on a daily basis.

% of people outraged at kneeling athletes over the last couple of years to the point of selling tickets, burning jerseys, boycotting the NFL: Probably less than 1%. Trump says "They are disrespecting our flag and soldiers!".. and suddenly, the sheep flock to his call, and omg the disrespect.. it's disgraceful!!

I often scoff at the stupid "sheeple" comment.. but man, here.. it seems to really apply. It's sad you need this dude to tell you how to think. Or how to actually express how you feel.

posted on Sep, 28 2017 @ 10:57 AM
link   
Well yeah, 99% of people don't stand. That's inaction. Kneeling is a conscious decision to say "F you" the people that fought for your country, and Europe, etc.

Would these thug football players (but who can blame them, after all the CFE they've suffered from the hits, it's known it makes people lose brain capacity + gain domestic violence and suicide traits), be all cool if the people in the army just kneeled down and let Hitler sweep the world?

Yeah.. your argument just doesn't work. Ignorance is one thing, willful malicious disrespect is quite another. Frankly if I saw this happening with Canadian sports I'd be on the ice so quick fists flying.

ETA: where does the adorable civil disobedience end, and the actionable, criminal indictments start? When they kneel on the flag to keep their knees dirty? Burn the flag? Sing over the anthem? Walk out on the anthem? Frankly if these hoodlums don't want to live in the Western world, why don't they just go back to where they came from? If they have so little respect for the country that gives them everything they've got.. then go, doors right over there big boy.
edit on 28-9-2017 by hombero because: (no reason given)

EETA: I suspect African countries have ZERO interest in paying men to dress up in pads and run around slapping each other on the ass.

posted on Sep, 28 2017 @ 11:08 AM
link   

originally posted by: fleabit
As I said when this started.. this is fake outrage, sparked by Trump's comments. His flock seem to remain passive about something until he inflames them.. and suddenly, it becomes a big deal. From "fake media" and now kneeling at the anthem.. it went from a couple years of "ho hum" to "omg selling season tickets burning my hat omg the disrespect!" Please...

Why does something only become a huge deal after Trump tweets it? Are people too dim to figure this stuff out for themselves? They need a reality tv show clown of a POTUS to point it out first?

# of terrorist attacks by immigrants before Trump: ZERO - Trump says.. "Stop flights from countries! Expel illegals! We are all in danger!".. and people believe it. Omg stealing our tomato and grape picking jobs get rid of them all! Save us! All his followers flock to his call.

# of media outlets that always reported with a biased slant.. with typically true news, but told with an agenda: All of them. Trump tweets "Fake news!".. and suddenly, ONLY liberal biased news sources suddenly report FALSE news on a daily basis.

% of people outraged at kneeling athletes over the last couple of years to the point of selling tickets, burning jerseys, boycotting the NFL: Probably less than 1%. Trump says "They are disrespecting our flag and soldiers!".. and suddenly, the sheep flock to his call, and omg the disrespect.. it's disgraceful!!

I often scoff at the stupid "sheeple" comment.. but man, here.. it seems to really apply. It's sad you need this dude to tell you how to think. Or how to actually express how you feel.

Apparently you've only been paying attention since now. Kaep was still taking flap up to this week from over a year ago.

posted on Sep, 28 2017 @ 11:15 AM
link   
I stand and remove my cover

posted on Sep, 28 2017 @ 11:16 AM
link   

originally posted by: hombero
Well yeah, 99% of people don't stand. That's inaction. Kneeling is a conscious decision to say "F you" the people that fought for your country, and Europe, etc.

Why do you think that though? When the people kneeling have told you specifically and repeatedly that it is not about saying f-you to anybody. When they have told you specifically and repeatedly that they respect the veterans and the flags?

Why do you persist in insisting that the people doing it are telling you lies about why they are doing it?

They would know wouldn't they? They're the ones protesting? THey know what they are protesting about.

Trump is the one telling you lies. Stop believing the lies.

posted on Sep, 28 2017 @ 11:18 AM
link   
@OP

you´re going to have a heart attack if you continue your mad dog raging attacks and assumptions. You interpret way to much into everyones posts but I guess you need it that way so you can be outraged.

posted on Sep, 28 2017 @ 11:19 AM
link   
a reply to: Painterz

Kaepernick got the idea of kneeling by talking to a Green Beret.

When they present a flag to the family of a fallen soldier, they "take a knee."

I'd like to see these gumbahs explain that is disrespectful to the Beret.

posted on Sep, 28 2017 @ 11:21 AM
link   

originally posted by: verschickter
@OP

you´re going to have a heart attack if you continue your mad dog raging attacks and assumptions. You interpret way to much into everyones posts but I guess you need it that way so you can be outraged.

Nothing mad-dog or raging about the OP.

If you're concerned about people interpreting way too much into everyone's posts ... do a bit less of it.

<< 21  22  23    25  26  27 >>

join