It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

I'd Guess maybe 5 Percent of those who watch the NFL stand for the Anthem. The hypocrisy is HUGE

page: 28
<< 25  26  27    29  30  31 >>

join
share:

posted on Sep, 28 2017 @ 01:48 PM
link   

originally posted by: RazorV66
a reply to: ColoradoJens

Bullsh!t.
It's about the players not standing for the anthem, not every swinging dick that watches on the TV.
I would say that it's about the blatant disrespect shown to this country that we are talking about- not just the anthem.
To the OP-Are you talking about observe the anthem in the privacy of home, or even publicly in a bar on the TV? Don't be ignorant. The people who are most furious about this are the people who observe the national anthem respectfully at the games.

posted on Sep, 28 2017 @ 01:48 PM
link   
Just heard the Green Bay Packers are asking the fans to join them in their kneeling protest. That'll sure go over well, especially for people with bad knees. What next, will they accuse everyone who doesn't kneel of racism?

posted on Sep, 28 2017 @ 01:49 PM
link   

originally posted by: shooterbrody

originally posted by: Gryphon66

originally posted by: shooterbrody
a reply to: Gryphon66

www.redstate.com...

You have every right to kneel during the National Anthem if you want, but sponsors have every right to withdraw their support if they choose as well.

want to see more
they are there

Well, jeez, if redstate.com says so ... the NFL should just put the stadiums on the market and sell the jock-straps.

yep
and 538 predicted a hillary win last november as well

Look up "grasping at straws" ... you'll find a big entry there for this post.

posted on Sep, 28 2017 @ 01:50 PM
link   

originally posted by: ThirdEyeofHorus

Riiiiiight because anything Obama did is ok by you. Got it

Nah.

Just has nothing to do with the topic.

posted on Sep, 28 2017 @ 01:50 PM
link   
a reply to: Subrosabelow

I think it began being played at games as a tradition to celebrate that we have it so good here we can gather in stadiums to watch a bunch of guys throw a ball around, while people in other parts of the world have flies crawling on their mouths while they scrounge for garbage to eat and try to find clean water. Meanwhile, people here can pretend they're oppressed.

And yes we do have people here who scrounge for garbage to eat, but they generally don't vote so you don't hear many people sucking up to them and their plight.
edit on 28 9 17 by face23785 because: (no reason given)

posted on Sep, 28 2017 @ 01:52 PM
link   

What next, will they accuse everyone who doesn't kneel of racism?

Someone in this thread will call this ridiculous.

In a year it'll be part of the Democrat party platform.

posted on Sep, 28 2017 @ 01:52 PM
link   
a reply to: tjack

So which argument is the OP's post a straw man argument for?

You do realize how that works, right? Someone makes an argument, it's restated into a weaker argument (the straw man) and then defeated.

So who had the original argument? Or were you too busy offering critiques of other posters to note that?
edit on 28-9-2017 by Gryphon66 because: Noted

posted on Sep, 28 2017 @ 01:53 PM
link   

originally posted by: apydomis

originally posted by: RazorV66

Bullsh!t.
It's about the players not standing for the anthem, not every swinging dick that watches on the TV.
I would say that it's about the blatant disrespect shown to this country that we are talking about- not just the anthem.
To the OP-Are you talking about observe the anthem in the privacy of home, or even publicly in a bar on the TV? Don't be ignorant. The people who are most furious about this are the people who observe the national anthem respectfully at the games.

The OP has already been rebuked by several posts which show the flag code actually does distinguish between whether you are present for the anthem or not. His point is invalid. Everyone is just ignoring the posts that brought that up.

posted on Sep, 28 2017 @ 01:56 PM
link   
There's nothing invalid about the OP, unless the only source of motivation for patriotic action here is "the flag code."

People loving their country take every opportunity to stand up and honor the Flag, our Anthem and all they stand for ... right?

Patriotism isn't dictated by a "code" ... is it?
edit on 28-9-2017 by Gryphon66 because: Noted

posted on Sep, 28 2017 @ 02:03 PM
link   

Okay I understand. There is hypocrisy you are absolutely right,

posted on Sep, 28 2017 @ 02:04 PM
link   

It absolutely is invalid. There's a reason the code is written the way it is. It's unreasonable to expect people in the comfort of their homes to drop what they're doing when the anthem is played or a flag is shown on their tv. What if you're not watching it and just happen to be walking through the room. What if you're caring for a baby or serving food? There's all kinds of problems with this. The same arguments can be made for people at the game but inside the concourse areas. It's often loud in there. You might be able to faintly hear the anthem playing outside but the person next to you might not. Are they being disrespectful if you put your hand over your heart but they don't?

That's why the code makes a distinction to those present only. It's just common sense, unless you're aware you've got a weak argument and are trying to slander the other side with nonsense because you've run out of points.

posted on Sep, 28 2017 @ 02:07 PM
link   
a reply to: face23785

I didn't say I expected people to do anything ... stick to the facts.

I asked a question. The side of the argument set against the players' actions here is that they should be taking every opportunity to honor the Flag, the Anthem, all Veterans, all our honored Dead, and the rest of America by properly standing and showing respect to the Flag during the Anthem.

Are you saying that the only thing that should motivate us to stand is to be in the presence of others?

Are you reducing patriotism to a mere dumb-show performed for others?

Allow me to rephrase, 36 USC isn't my motivation for patriotism ... is it yours?

posted on Sep, 28 2017 @ 02:19 PM
link   

Way to ignore everything I said because you have no logical response. Talk about sticking to the facts. No it's not only based on the code. You've actually got that backwards and I addressed this in my last post. The code is based on common sense. Re-read, read to comprehend, think, then let me know what you came up with.

posted on Sep, 28 2017 @ 02:22 PM
link   

www.law.cornell.edu...

Not supposed to stand at home, “all person PRESENT” meaning if you are actually at the event, not watching it on TV.

—Educate Yourself

posted on Sep, 28 2017 @ 02:25 PM
link   

originally posted by: Gryphon66

Riiiiiight because anything Obama did is ok by you. Got it

Nah.

Just has nothing to do with the topic.
The topic is are people showing due respect for the national anthems on their homes because the OP wants to probe hypocrisy. We will see if the OP also believes the fans should show solidarity with the players.
edit on 28-9-2017 by ThirdEyeofHorus because: (no reason given)

link   

originally posted by: carewemust

I just re-read your post. What is your grievance? I don't get it.

It is about the hypocrisy of dishonest partisan ideologues who wrap themselves in the fake cloak of patriotism while pretending to judge others on whether their patriotism is sufficient.

link   

Just heard the Green Bay Packers are asking the fans to join them in their kneeling protest. That'll sure go over well, especially for people with bad knees. What next, will they accuse everyone who doesn't kneel of racism?

Are you sure it's the whole Packers organization or California Kid Rodgers who won't talk to his own family?

posted on Sep, 28 2017 @ 02:28 PM
link   

We will see if the OP also believes the fans should show solidarity with the players.

Wouldn't that depend on the particular Fans?

Asking fans to kneel or lock arms or anything else is the same as asking people to stand and cover their hearts.

Let people do as they do. No mandated, fake patriotism. To each their own.
That is the American way.
edit on 28-9-2017 by soberbacchus because: (no reason given)

posted on Sep, 28 2017 @ 02:30 PM
link   

originally posted by: norhoc

www.law.cornell.edu...

Not supposed to stand at home, “all person PRESENT” meaning if you are actually at the event, not watching it on TV.

Hmmm...Can you not be "present" at home while hearing the National Anthem?

posted on Sep, 28 2017 @ 02:30 PM
link   

originally posted by: Throes

Are you sure it's the whole Packers organization or California Kid Rodgers who won't talk to his own family?
Heard Irvin Rush today abd he said "the Green Bay Packers" . Assuming the players and or team as a whole it select pkayers in multiples of over one.

new topics

top topics

<< 25  26  27    29  30  31 >>

join