It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

I'd Guess maybe 5 Percent of those who watch the NFL stand for the Anthem. The hypocrisy is HUGE

page: 27
<< 24  25  26    28  29  30 >>

join
share:

posted on Sep, 28 2017 @ 01:12 PM
link   
a reply to: ThirdEyeofHorus

Right right ... ".... but, but Obama."

Taa.
edit on 28-9-2017 by Gryphon66 because: Noted

posted on Sep, 28 2017 @ 01:14 PM
link   
And here come the real world results....
newschannel9.com...

CLEVELAND, Tenn. (WTVC) - Check Into Cash founder and Cleveland, Tennessee native Allan Jones weighed in on the ongoing NFL national anthem protests Tuesday night. Jones posted to his Facebook page that he is pulling all commercials for Check Into Cash, Buy Here Pay Here USA, and U.S. Money Shops during NFL games for the rest of the season.

Keep telling yourself nobody cares about this.
The NFL will apply "the formula" and when it costs too much NO ONE will sit.

posted on Sep, 28 2017 @ 01:15 PM
link   
a reply to: shooterbrody

Sample size = 1

posted on Sep, 28 2017 @ 01:22 PM
link   
There is a guy in my fantasy football league who has written basically a book on facebook on why this abuse of the flag is so terrible. he has sworn off the NFL for good dozens of time in his manifestos.

Today he made 2 free agent moves for his team.

posted on Sep, 28 2017 @ 01:24 PM
link   
a reply to: Gryphon66

www.redstate.com...

You have every right to kneel during the National Anthem if you want, but sponsors have every right to withdraw their support if they choose as well.

want to see more
they are there

posted on Sep, 28 2017 @ 01:24 PM
link   
a reply to: Konduit
Never mind 😊
edit on 28-9-2017 by ThirdEyeofHorus because: (no reason given)

posted on Sep, 28 2017 @ 01:25 PM
link   

originally posted by: sligtlyskeptical
There is a guy in my fantasy football league who has written basically a book on facebook on why this abuse of the flag is so terrible. he has sworn off the NFL for good dozens of time in his manifestos.

Today he made 2 free agent moves for his team.

This order first appeared in John Selden's Table-Talk (c. 1654): "Preachers say, 'Do as I say, not as I do.'"

Source

posted on Sep, 28 2017 @ 01:26 PM
link   

originally posted by: shooterbrody

www.redstate.com...

You have every right to kneel during the National Anthem if you want, but sponsors have every right to withdraw their support if they choose as well.

want to see more
they are there

Well, jeez, if redstate.com says so ... the NFL should just put the stadiums on the market and sell the jock-straps.

posted on Sep, 28 2017 @ 01:27 PM
link   

Riiiiiight because anything Obama did is ok by you. Got it

posted on Sep, 28 2017 @ 01:32 PM
link   

The NFL took a huge hit last year after Kaepernick's stunt. At least 3 teams were already put on the chopping block since then, and they didn't even have anything to do with the protests.

By next year, watch how many owners will start selling their teams. Not just because the value is plummeting, but also because they don't want to deal with the bull#.

edit on 28-9-2017 by Konduit because: (no reason given)

posted on Sep, 28 2017 @ 01:35 PM
link   
a reply to: ThirdEyeofHorus

You know take a knee means kneeling, right?

posted on Sep, 28 2017 @ 01:36 PM
link   
OP is a straw man argument based on fallacy.

Watching the usual suspects double down in support of it is not unexpected. Some might even find it amusing.

Are we still about denying ignorance here or has that ship already sailed?

posted on Sep, 28 2017 @ 01:36 PM
link   

originally posted by: Konduit

The NFL took a huge hit last year after Kaepernick's stunt. 4 teams were already put on the chopping block since then. The Rockets, Titans, Lions, Buccaneers. And they didn't even have anything to do with the protests.

By next year, watch how many owners will start selling their teams. Not just because the value is plummeting, but also because they don't want to deal with the bull#.

posted on Sep, 28 2017 @ 01:40 PM
link   
a reply to: ColoradoJens

I should go without saying, but etiquette in home and outside of home are often two different things.

When in public and witnessing it firsthand, I do stand for the anthem. We stand for those who can no longer stand on their own. It is a show of respect. In the privacy of your own home it is not expected that you stand and salute the flag or the anthem. Nor is it expected that you stand every time you hear a recording of the anthem played on television or the radio. You salute the flag when you pass by, or when it is being raised or lowered in your presence. You do not salute photographs of the flag, etc. There is a difference. The difference is being there.

Did you really think every single American that can hear a television or radio broadcast would drop what they were doing no matter where they were and stand at attention for the anthem?

Is this how far down in the barrel we are now?

posted on Sep, 28 2017 @ 01:41 PM
link   
www.si.com...

This isn't an NFL players need to stick to football stance. I am not racist or a Trump supporter (the default accusations I get when I state this opinion). I am just a lifelong fan who enjoyed having football be my break from all of this, and it no longer is. If I went to the theater to watch a movie, and before the movie, during the movie and then after the movie I had to listen to PSAs regarding the actors’/actresses’ political stances, I would quit going to movies, just like I am going to quit watching and reading about the NFL.

I wonder how many real people have done this?
I wouldn't patronize a theater that showed political ads either.

posted on Sep, 28 2017 @ 01:42 PM
link   

originally posted by: Gryphon66

originally posted by: shooterbrody

www.redstate.com...

want to see more
they are there

Well, jeez, if redstate.com says so ... the NFL should just put the stadiums on the market and sell the jock-straps.

yep
and 538 predicted a hillary win last november as well

posted on Sep, 28 2017 @ 01:44 PM
link   

originally posted by: seeker1963
a reply to: ColoradoJens

Cultural Marxists are surprised that disrespecting their country and it's culture and those who died so they can act like idiots are surprised?

Not much left to prove our educational system needs an overhaul.......

And what does sports have to do with our country, the anthem and the flag? It's entertainment. They don't play the anthem before a movie. Or before a play or the opera, or a concert. Why is sports the line drawn in reference to respect for the country and culture and values?

If respect for the flag and our country is so important to this country, why aren't we required to rise at dawn and salute the flag while the anthem plays over loudspeakers? Right... freedom. The freedom to not have the government force us to do things like this.

I've seen so many here trashing the NFL as a bunch of overpaid man-child losers. So, again, why is this so important in the big picture? They're unimportant losers, right? Their words and actions mean nothing because they're meathead athletes. The same sort of rhetoric always tossed around about actors and other entertainers.

I can't speak for everyone, but I personally don't know a single person over my entire lifetime that gave any thought to the anthem, the flag and honoring it beyond when we're expected to do so in sports. Quite a few people I know would love to see the anthem removed from games.

I look at it like this: you don't have to go to church to believe and be spiritual. So why do we have to stand during the anthem to be patriotic and love our country? Answer: you don't. I could stand during the anthem and despise my country for all it's worth, and be a secret agent for a foreign country. It's all show and window dressing.

Besides, I can guarantee that there a lot of you out there that have utterly disrespected our flag many, many times by putting patches on clothes or luggage, or bumper stickers, especially political ones. I see people with avatars here on ATS with an american flag prominently on it. That's all a form of disrespect according to the codes, yet its something people do all over america. But this... this stuff with the football players has suddenly become important when none of the other disrespectful things that have gone on for years among many of us never garnered attention.

This is about chaos and division and you all are buying into it, hook, line and sinker.

posted on Sep, 28 2017 @ 01:45 PM
link   
a reply to: RomeByFire

Ironic how? That using facts instead of conjecture is somehow wrong?

Me berate? You have read some of the replies by the more prominent lib posters here right?

I wonder how many of their points were made as a result of slamming those who didn't agree with their point of view and then all of their buddies starring them for a job well done.

Like I said....whatever makes the world go around.

N=30

posted on Sep, 28 2017 @ 01:47 PM
link   
Hey ... I love protests, and displays of solidarity, and all that good personal freedom and liberty related stuff as much as the next guy, BUT, I do not express those things when I am at my job.

If I did, I might get fired.

I admit, sometimes I watch sports on TV. If I was watching from home, I would not stand for the anthem and stuff in front of the TV, but then again, I am not at my job working either. If I was at work, and the anthem was played, and I was assembled with all my co-workers, DAMN STRAIGHT I would stand for the anthem as a show of respect.

That is just the world in which I live.

Why are these players special employees?

What makes them any different?
edit on 28-9-2017 by Fowlerstoad because: added the final sentance ... because it needed one more

posted on Sep, 28 2017 @ 01:48 PM
link   

originally posted by: keys2heaven
a reply to: RomeByFire

Ironic how? That using facts instead of conjecture is somehow wrong?

Me berate? You have read some of the replies by the more prominent lib posters here right?

I wonder how many of their points were made as a result of slamming those who didn't agree with their point of view and then all of their buddies starring them for a job well done.

Like I said....whatever makes the world go around.

N=30

Rather than debating the topic and the original post, debate the posters credulity.

new topics

top topics

<< 24  25  26    28  29  30 >>

join