It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Supposed 'Alien' communication on Reddit paranormal thread.

page: 7
<< 4  5  6    8  9 >>

join
share:

posted on Sep, 29 2017 @ 01:06 PM
link   
a reply to: muzzleflash

Excellent response! If those pics could be 'expertly' analysed as you point out, then all would become clear, in one respect or another. I seriously doubt this will happen, though and even if it did the "experts" would cry fake and we would then follow that up with cries of a conspiracy.

It's a never ending cycle.

posted on Sep, 29 2017 @ 01:09 PM
link   

originally posted by: Mogzy1977
The message reads like a dodgy email from an asian girl who finds you on obscure dating sites you've never heard of! I call fake BIG TIME

LOL! What a thought!
Although I strongly deny any knowledge or experience in that subject.

posted on Sep, 29 2017 @ 01:12 PM
link   

originally posted by: 0bserver1
Did one ever questioned or searched if the coordinates were real coordinates?
I mean xfc # 0422 sounds more like something hexadecimal or some kind of color code than space time coordinates?

I didn't check any of the co-ordinates but I agree regarding the hexadecimal...it was the first thing that entered my head, being a graphic/web designer in the past.

posted on Sep, 29 2017 @ 01:15 PM
link   

originally posted by: xconvoyx
Summary....

Xfc#0422 is their designation of Earth.
Alien posted it as ASEXUAL not a she or he.
Alien ran out of "fuel" as it pass by our system.
The "fuel" that ran-out was the one needed to travel faster to their star system.
Leiba is the AI used by the alien to translate and maybe interact with our Internet.
Various coordinates were given by human posters and pics were posted in real time by the alien in a span of few minutes as the thread progresses.
Pics were also provided of the moon as requested.
Somebody gave his coordinates and requested the alien to go low as possible and said poster was able to snap a photo of the craft.
A photo of the alien craft side by side with the rescue craft was also taken by allegedly by a different individual unaware of the alien thread.
Photo of a distant Earth was also provided as alien leaves our sytem.
Alien posted it will be back.

Thanks for that very succinct summary of the whole, crazy thread.
When reading like that, it does take on a more true-to-life slant.

posted on Sep, 29 2017 @ 01:18 PM
link   
a reply to: TheOnlyBilko

That was an error on my part.
Apologies.

posted on Sep, 29 2017 @ 01:20 PM
link   

originally posted by: Drjeykle
I would love this to be real but I think it was done too well.

Haha...Yes...I know what you are implying there.

posted on Sep, 29 2017 @ 01:21 PM
link   

How are you so sure it's a hoax when you can't even make your mind up??

Sounds to me like you came into this with a theory, that it's fake, then began to twist all the facts to fit your preconceptions. That's not scientific.

We need a proper debunking here, not conjecture dressed up as facts.

Ok.. it's a hoax not because of the monitors, but because it's an obvious hoax. Seriously.. why would you need this debunked?

Is it even SLIGHTLY likely to you that an alien who is a female (although they reproduce by themselves.. sexless), stopped directly in front of ANY planet let alone an inhabited one (which probably would be many trillions to the trillions power in odds to occur), and then.. according to "her," "learned 4chan," the most hoax-y, crap filled trollfest on the planet, posted ridiculous comments about penis's and chickens focusing on the trollcrap that 4chan lives off of, and then 3 hours later, is rescued by a "surprise team" of aliens.. and away she went?

wow...

That is along the lines of someone pointing to a dump truck, telling you it is really a rhino, and then you needing a myriad of proof to "debunk" their claim.. because it might be true!

posted on Sep, 29 2017 @ 01:24 PM
link   
a reply to: fromtheskydown

I love how he talks like Mork from Mork and Mindy because for a massively advanced species, basic grammar is too sophisticated to master.

"ᴴᵉᶫᶫᵒ ᴵ ᴹʸᶻᶦᵃᵐ ᶠʳᵒᵐ ⱽᵃʳᶰ, ʰᵒᵐᵉ ˢᵗᵃʳ⋅ ᴵ ʰᵃᵛᵉ ˢᵖᵃᶜᵉ ᶜʳᵃᶠᵗ ᵗʰᵃᵗ ᵗʳᵃᵛᵉᶫ ᵃᶜʳᵒˢˢ ᵍᵃᶫᵃˣʸ ᶦᶰ ʲᵘˢᵗ ᶠᵉʷ ʰᵒᵘʳ ᵇᵘᵗ ʳᵉᑫᵘᶦʳᵉˢ ˢᵖᵉᶜᶦᵃᶫ ᶠᵘᵉᶫ ᵗʰᵃᵗ ˢᶜᵃʳᶜᵉ⋅"

For effs sake Google and Apple have AI that composes better sentences on the fly.

posted on Sep, 29 2017 @ 01:30 PM
link   

oh i see why

posted on Sep, 29 2017 @ 01:40 PM
link   

originally posted by: verschickter
It´s a 4 monitor setup + google earth + photoshop.

The user:

1) scaled GE on all 4 monitors (or more)
2) Took a photo with an external camera
3) Loaded it in photoshop, used copy tool to drag some color over the frames
4) Then ran mosaic + line filter.

Totally obvious to anyone who has ever created textures with filters in photoshop. I can even see how the monitors are not aligned propperly...

Edit: It could also be black tape on a single monitor and it would even explain the color penetration.

I think the main sticking point to this...if true...would be the rapidity of the response to the co-ordinate requests. If it was a group hoax, then maybe your explanation is correct.

posted on Sep, 29 2017 @ 01:42 PM
link   

originally posted by: frenchfries
clickbait

Thanks for that, but I'm not sure if you are referring to the actual 4Chan or my post.
That's the problem with a one word response, it contributes nothing.

posted on Sep, 29 2017 @ 01:59 PM
link   
A big thank you to everyone who has contributed so far. It's really interesting to see so many viewpoints on a topic that literally exudes "Fake" but also has a hint of the "What if?". I did not anticipate so much interest but I am grateful to everyone that has expressed it and to the Mods for allowing it to stay...up to now.

I did a quick search on the hexadecimal code and found two things of interest. This thread on a forum named 'PH Corner' where the "alien" dialogue is extricated from the original thread...
PH Corner

...and this Wiki page on Barry Leiba, the name used as the translation software...
Barry Leiba

posted on Sep, 29 2017 @ 02:22 PM
link   
Well, at least someones managed to compile a list of the coordinates of gullible people.

posted on Sep, 29 2017 @ 03:23 PM
link   

It's sad that some use their talent to misguide people who don't understand that today's graphical or 3d software can fool anyone but also can clarify some very dubious pictures.

As always it treats two sides of the coin..

posted on Sep, 29 2017 @ 07:49 PM
link   
I like how aliens also have really bad cameras that take blurry photos.

posted on Sep, 30 2017 @ 02:11 AM
link   

Indeed it didn't contribute nothing and I wasn't clear well not your post but 4chan. 4Chan is kind a fishy when it comes to this kind of messages. Last thing I remember was a pic of a real alien. Or is it just kids having fun ?

Special fuel to get home ? Sounds like a cheap sci-fi to me. Don't get me wrong I'm open minded when it comes to E.T. and friends. But after talking with serveral 'aliens' on 4chan it's clear to me that the fightclub rule applies to ET too. Also the whole hollywood created sci-fi isn't exactly how things tick in da universe me guess..

Don't be fooled psyops are in place , and the whole razmataz might result in crowdfunding the hell out of people with the promise to take them to the moomooplanet.... (but they need (to buy) fuel first)

I Better watch some Star Trek discovery to cool of... aliens are very SJW nowadays they even have internet

edit on 9302017 by frenchfries because: (no reason given)

posted on Sep, 30 2017 @ 12:40 PM
link   
lol 4chan is reddit...... so much screams this is a lame joke, but I have to say the responses are hilarious.

Oh my god, if aliens come to Earth and announce it first on teh interwebz, this IS how humans will respond and we'll be death starred or something lol.

It is amazing though that some people actually do fall for crap like this though. Amazing or sad. Maybe both.

posted on Sep, 30 2017 @ 10:14 PM
link   

originally posted by: AtomicKangaroo
lol 4chan is reddit...... so much screams this is a lame joke, but I have to say the responses are hilarious.

The following is my personal opinion and experience:

Reddit is NOT 4chan besides that they both are sites containing primarily user generated content, just as ATS.

I've spent 3 years on Reddit, and although significantly less on 4chan I can tell you the user base of Reddit consists of an eclectic mix of people worldwide in professions ranging from janitors to literal rocket scientists.

Reddit been host to many "Ask Me Anything" (AMAs) from people like President Barack Obama, Bill Gates, you name them they've probably done it. The general vibe of the community is multiverses ahead in intelligence, respect and substance. Of course there are occasional trolls but the voting system keeps their replies buried beneath the plethora of informative, constructive comments for the more serious posts.

Reddit also has a reputation for helping people in need. Thanks to people posting their situations, Reddit has been able to successfully fund operations for people in need, saved people's homes, participated in providing aid to disaster stricken regions throughout the world and on and on.

TL;DR Reddit is generally much more respected and sophisticated than 4chan. As far as our "alien" is concerned, it's interesting but almost definitely a hoax. Until I get HD video of an alien and craft in an AMA environment with professionals in related fields, I won't believe anything less is true.
edit on 9 30 2017 by Kevinquisitor because: (no reason given)

edit on 9 30 2017 by Kevinquisitor because: (no reason given)

posted on Oct, 1 2017 @ 03:18 AM
link   
a reply to: Kevinquisitor

Yeah mate, very aware they are two very different sites, that was my point.
Aside from serial killers posting their work on there, nothing on 4chan should be believed. Especially Aliens..... sorry "ayy lmao's"..... making first contact via it.

Like a species that is capable of traveling from at least one solar system to another is going to hijack a satellite, tap into our interwebz and the first place they decide to communicate is a cancerous troll forum...... highly doubt it.

Kind of getting sick of all the threads being started up on ATS that originate from 4chan lately. Let alone the serious lengthy discussion that come from them when it's all clearly bull#.

I mean are we really that desperate for new UFO and Alien material?

posted on Oct, 1 2017 @ 03:24 AM
link   

originally posted by: Cutepants
The pics can't be searched because someone manipulated them to look staticky and weird. Who knows where they came from; google earth, some similar program, or just a collection of satellite images. It's the earth, it always looks the same:

Hoax seems like such a strong word, just a nice thread to make on a rainy day. This is like a modern day version of Orson Welles' War of the Worlds.

The pics look "staticky and weird" because the ET took the pics through the window so her ship and we have no idea what type of material the windows are. Thus is the reason for the "staticky and weird" look, has nothing to do with "Google Earth or some similar program".
edit on 1-10-2017 by TheOnlyBilko because: (no reason given)

new topics

top topics

<< 4  5  6    8  9 >>

join