It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Alert: Bush-Bully Attacks on the Rise

page: 1
<<   2  3 >>

join
share:

posted on Feb, 10 2005 @ 11:43 AM
link   
What is a Bush-Bully Attack?

Hiding behind the ats 'deny ignorance' motto, the Bush-Bully attacks any piece, post or person that criticizes President Bush - whether directly or by implication - and camouflages the attack as a "critique." Bush-Bullies claim that any criticism of Bush, his administration or policies is "Bush-Bashing." Any criticism you make, direct or implied - will be attacked as "biased," "lacking objectivity" and "unsubstantiated."

The goal is to silence criticisms of Bush.

Bush-Bullies have several attack strategies. Most common, the Bush-Bullies circle, nipping at your limbs, teasing you with red herrings, trying to make you hemorraghe useless references and links. They often pick up on some small aside in your post, and demand "at least three" cross-referenced links to substantiate the statement. If you take the bait, they keep you running around in circles until the whole point of your post or thread is lost.

Generally, Bush-Bullies attack in packs: taking turns, trying to wear you down and make you feel stupid, ignorant and incompetent.

If someone makes you feel bad about yourself, it's usually Bush-Bully Abuse.

A good critique makes you think, and helps you recognize that the world is a bigger, more interesting place. It gives you wings. Bush-Bully Abuse tries to take away your voice, and silence you.

Why are the Bush-Bullies in a Feeding Frenzy?

Several reasons:

* Bush just put his budget proposal before Congress, a thinly veiled Eugenics program.

* He needs another military offensive to justify more corporate pork.

* He's building a privatized, robotized military and police force - and paying for it with your tax dollars.

* He's pushing unregulated free market biotechnology internationally and domestically - very dangerous stuff.

* He's hiding the fact that infectious disease is epidemic in America and causing massive early disabilities - and trying to dismantle Social Security and strip health supports before everyone finds out.

...The list goes on.

For the Bush-fronted corporate agenda to play - Americans need to be ignorant, and criticisms need to be silenced. This is a very important time, strategically, for the corporate-Bush offensive.

So the Bush-Bullies are out in force. Call it the Bush-Bully Patrol or maybe, the Bush-Bully Brown-shirt Brigade. They're here, and they're out for blood. Be prepared.

What's the Best Defense?

If you are attacked, realize that you're on to something hot. Don't let them distract you. Make sure you have links and references for the main points of your argument. If a Bush-Bully demands "proofs" on side issues - tell him to go write his own 40-page fully referenced legal document.

Name the assault. Tell your abuser he's a Bush-Bully. Tell him and the world you won't tolerate his Bush-Bully Abuse. ...Abuse is an act of cowardice - and abusers usually stop when they're called on their actions. Abusers need your silence.

Don't be silenced.

Use your voice. America needs you.

posted on Feb, 10 2005 @ 11:57 AM
link   
You expect to post evil vicious lies about our beloved President and expect no one to confront you on them? Especially when they're thinly disguised as "news"? This is how the left works, broadcast lies and attempt to silence opposition in the name of "free speech"!

posted on Feb, 10 2005 @ 12:32 PM
link   

Originally posted by djohnsto77
You expect to post evil vicious lies about our beloved President and expect no one to confront you on them? Especially when they're thinly disguised as "news"? This is how the left works, broadcast lies and attempt to silence opposition in the name of "free speech"!

"evil vicious lies"

"beloved President"

how powerful...

Don't forget how he has lied to YOU and the rest of the world. And as for this "free speech", why is it journalists were jailed in the US again?

posted on Feb, 10 2005 @ 12:33 PM
link   

You expect to post evil vicious lies about our beloved President and expect no one to confront you on them?

Off to the gulag with you!

Anyone notice the odd similarity of the above statement to the Communist propaganda from the last half of the century? Or even from North Korea?

The "Beloved Leader" bit is especially incriminating.

I'm not insuating anything inherently Communistic or homoerotic about the Freepers' sychophantic love affair with Bush, just that they need to get a new hobby. It reads like Smithers from the Simpsons, or the freaking Moonies.

posted on Feb, 10 2005 @ 12:34 PM
link   

Originally posted by Jiffy
And as for this "free speech", why is it journalists were jailed in the US again?

What are you talking about?

posted on Feb, 10 2005 @ 01:01 PM
link   

Originally posted by brimstone735

Anyone notice the odd similarity of the above statement to the Communist propaganda from the last half of the century? Or even from North Korea?

I'm not insuating anything inherently Communistic or homoerotic about the Freepers' sychophantic love affair with Bush, just that they need to get a new hobby. It reads like Smithers from the Simpsons, or the freaking Moonies.

Uh huh. Uh Huh.

ROFLMAO.
and

Thanks brimstone.

posted on Feb, 10 2005 @ 01:20 PM
link   

Originally posted by soficrow

Ha ha. I knew you'd say that because I thought it myself when I first heard it when some lady at my church thanked God for the re-election of our "beloved President" during the open prayer session after the 2004 election. But if that lady or I want to call him that that's our choice, not something encouraged or mandated by the state such as Kim Jong-Il's "Dear Leader"!

Anyway, I see no refutation of my point. Soficrow has obviously studied this book and taken the NYT's tactics to new heights and adopted them as his own:

posted on Feb, 10 2005 @ 01:33 PM
link   

You expect to post evil vicious lies about our beloved President
Beloved to YOU.

Dont call him "beloved"... Beloved are good things, holy things, things that mean well for mankind.

Oh brother, you know how to get me going...

I'd best stay out of this thread altogether. I'll leave it in others very capable hands. I dont want a stroke today.

posted on Feb, 10 2005 @ 01:35 PM
link   

Originally posted by soficrow

Ha ha. I knew you'd say that

You are obviously unable to manage even the simplest piece of information:

Originally posted by brimstone735

As you can see, brimstone made the original comment, although I did quote him.

....If you can't even handle the most basic ref yourself - how DARE you presume to ride others?

posted on Feb, 10 2005 @ 01:41 PM
link   
Oh, whatever, I was just trimming down the quote and it I guess the appearance left was that you originally said that. Correction: Soficrow did agree with it, but didn't originally say it. Anyway, this was not meant to be a news article.

posted on Feb, 10 2005 @ 01:44 PM
link   

Most common, the Bush-Bullies circle, nipping at your limbs, teasing you with red herrings, trying to make you hemorraghe useless references and links

Come on, this is a web forum, people can't 'bully you'. If someone gives you a problem you ignore them, either by not reading their posts, or by actually putting them on your ignore list. If they make valid points, then you can address them, if they scream 'you're a liberal' you can ignore them.

posted on Feb, 10 2005 @ 01:48 PM
link   
COMPROMISE OR I'LL KILL YOU! (well... not really).

Bush-haters: He's not evil incarnate, he just does a lot of evil. It's often best to understate opinions or moral judgements on Bush because the facts speak for themselves, and the facts can not be written off as propaganda, no matter how much a "bush bully" may try to do so.

Bush-lovers: Yes he's gotten a thing or two right. It's a well known fact that only conservatives go to heaven
. That being said, Bush still does a lot of evil. Defend the principle, not the principal. Stick to your conservative guns on the issues you believe in and stop trying to defend every word from Bush's mouth as if it were gospel.

In the end I think there is a lot to agree on. Tangent points which are commonly raised by extremists on either side of the Bush debate account for most of the disagreement. What do the swift boat people thing, where was Bush during Vietnam, why did Bush keep reading to the kids, WHO CARES? Does anybody here want to defend Halliburton's no-bid contract in Iraq? Does anybody here want to defend Rumsfeld's proposal of 50,000 troops only for a conflict which ended up testing the abilities of more than twice that many? Does anybody here dislike the fact that Iraq just had free elections?
Much of what Sofi said was very true, but when it comes to tangent points and gang-bang attacks on reasonable posts it's a two way street. There are Bush-bashers and there are Bush-bullies. The fact is though that when you ignore the propaganda slaves and focus on the thinking moderates who call it as they see it, there isn't quite so much to disagree over. Politics over-complicates itself and wraps itself around propaganda because it is a system for the acquisition of power. DENY POLITICS, EMBRACE ISSUES.

posted on Feb, 10 2005 @ 01:51 PM
link   
This is insane. A differing opinion than "bush is the anti-christ" is bullying? Sofi, I think your losing it. The stuff you post is at times pretty over-the-top ultra leftist, you can not expect not to get flamed.

This board attacks everything about this administration almost 24/7. There are few bush supporters that can't stand it and will strike back.

I would call the things you post here about bush.........bush hateing at its worst.

And I don't even like bush..........................he's too liberal..........

posted on Feb, 10 2005 @ 01:57 PM
link   
djohnsto77

You are edsinger in disguised, and you know it.

Any way people you know he is either pulling the strings of us "seekers of the truth" or he is really an agent of the bush team that is trying to discredit any bush reality check thread in ATS to minimized the anti bush sentiment and promote an atmosphere of doubt.

But we are strong and we are the majority, we will conquer

We got tough skin and big mouths, and is nothing bush administration can hide that we can not find.

Great thread Soficrow.

Everybody nows that bush autrageous budget porpousal, is the tip of the iceberg and his true colors has surfaced and he is showing to the nation how much he cares about us the hard working citizens.

So we have a hoard of Bush agents trying to patch anyway they can bush popularity but the are running out of bandaids.

So they just getting frustrated it happend during the elections.

At least djohnsto77 just like edsinger he is not insulting but persistent.

I love ATS motto Deny Ignorance.
We are.

posted on Feb, 10 2005 @ 02:00 PM
link   

Originally posted by The Vagabond

In the end I think there is a lot to agree on.

There are Bush-bashers and there are Bush-bullies.

...when it comes to tangent points and gang-bang attacks on reasonable posts it's a two way street.

The fact is though that when you ignore the propaganda slaves and focus on the thinking moderates who call it as they see it, there isn't quite so much to disagree over. Politics over-complicates itself and wraps itself around propaganda because it is a system for the acquisition of power.

DENY POLITICS, EMBRACE ISSUES.

Reasoned and reasonable.

Good post Vagabond.

Thanks for contributing.

posted on Feb, 10 2005 @ 02:03 PM
link   

Originally posted by marg6043

But we are strong and we are the majority, we will conquer

We got tough skin and big mouths, and is nothing bush administration can hide that we can not find.

So we have a hoard of Bush agents trying to patch anyway they can bush popularity but the are running out of bandaids.

I love ATS motto Deny Ignorance.
We are.

You are absolutely delightful marg. A breath of fresh air in an often stifling vaccuum.

posted on Feb, 10 2005 @ 02:09 PM
link   

Originally posted by DrHoracid
This is insane. A differing opinion than "bush is the anti-christ" is bullying? Sofi, I think your losing it. The stuff you post is at times pretty over-the-top ultra leftist, you can not expect not to get flamed.

Exactly. People wonder why there is so much division...it's because of the angry left. They started the whole thing. I wasn't even that pro-Bush back in 2000 when he came on the scene -- it was a tough decision for me to choose between him an McCain in the primary. Only when it became obvious how much the left hated him, lied about him, demonized him, etc. did I really become a hard-core supporter.

posted on Feb, 10 2005 @ 02:21 PM
link   
The angry left? Just because we don't want to be taken the the death camps your nazi government is building doesn't make us angry. Iswear, the Bush Babies are so much fun. That the republicans can own a news channel, pay other people to go on other news shows and speak the republican propganda, and then have people sit in on press conferences to ask Bush easy questions/compliment/kiss ass and still say the news is owned by the liberals, those must be some goooooooooood drugs.

Or he says WMDs, then mass murder, then Saddam a threat, then when all proven false, democracy! Man, where can I buy the stuff you guys smoke? No, not smoke, don't think weed could be this strong.

He is president for over 8 months(well, really 3-4, if you don't count vacation time) when we are attacked, who do they blame? Clinton. Damn, say no to crack, what about heroin? We are attacked by Saudi Arabia and Afganistan, who do we invade? Afganistan and Iraq. Man, you guys must have your own meth lab to be able to give 50mil+people that much meth to make them relect Bush.

posted on Feb, 10 2005 @ 02:49 PM
link   

Originally posted by Nygdan

Most common, the Bush-Bullies circle, nipping at your limbs, teasing you with red herrings, trying to make you hemorraghe useless references and links

Come on, this is a web forum, people can't 'bully you'. If someone gives you a problem you ignore them, either by not reading their posts, or by actually putting them on your ignore list. If they make valid points, then you can address them, if they scream 'you're a liberal' you can ignore them.

You are absolutely right - I CAN defend myself.

But I am bloody tired of seeing good kids and thoughtful participants run off the site - they either get attacked themselves, or see someone like me attacked - and they shut up, give up and go away.

Way to go guys - mission accomplished.

I am also am good and bloody tired of hearing Bush-Bullies abusers justify their attacks in the name of "denying ignorance," and rationalize their abuse as some higher form of intellectual "critique."

Jeez.

Get a grip. Call a spade a spade.

You're not 'denying ignorance' OR providing a reasoned 'critique' OR contributing to anyone's education. It's abuse. Pure and simple. I will NOT help anyone maintain any fictions, illusions or delusions on this one.

As I said:

A good critique makes you think, and helps you recognize that the world is a bigger, more interesting place. It gives you wings.

Bush-Bully Abuse tries to take away your voice, and silence you.

If someone makes you feel bad about yourself, it's usually Bush-Bully Abuse.

posted on Feb, 10 2005 @ 02:51 PM
link   

Originally posted by James the Lesser
The angry left?

Well, there actually is a partisan angry left, just like there was a partisan angry right that tried to impeach Clinton just because he found time in his busy schedule to get his rocks off.
The problem is that now there is also an angry center, and we have one hell of a right to be angry because we don't like people screwing with our bill of rights!

No, not smoke, don't think weed could be this strong.

Meth smokers are some of the most dangerous people around- second only to slammers. A user with tracks is worst person you never hope to meet.

He is president for over 8 months(well, really 3-4, if you don't count vacation time)

You're mad when he's running the country, your mad when he leaves it alone. I thought a lot of people were happy about Bush spending so little time using his power.
Sorry, I'm just being difficult.

Man, you guys must have your own meth lab to be able to give 50mil+people that much meth to make them relect Bush.

Not bad, but you lose points for odd phrasing. Can't you just say that you don't know how the Republicans managed to get 50+million people addicted to meth in such a short campaign?

While I'm nit-picking every word that you say, could I politely suggest a new Bush quote for your sig block? "You may not agree with what I have to say, but I'll send your kids to their death for my right to say it."

top topics

<<   2  3 >>

join