It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Alert: Bush-Bully Attacks on the Rise

page: 2
<< 1    3 >>

join
share:

posted on Feb, 10 2005 @ 02:53 PM
link   
He's building a privatized, robotized military and police force - and paying for it with your tax dollars.

cool, any pictures ?

posted on Feb, 10 2005 @ 02:58 PM
link   

Originally posted by radagast
He's building a privatized, robotized military and police force - and paying for it with your tax dollars.

cool, any pictures ?

A quick start - follow the links.

Here is a quick profile of what's happening in the military's work with biotech and robots:

2005 - New micro-robots called microbots grow their own muscles from living animals. The microbots are grown on silicon chips, using the same principles and similar technologies as those used to make integrated circuits. "I can make hundreds of thousands as easily as I can make one," says nanotechnologist Carlo Montemagno. Blending biological and mechanical parts with phenomenal precision, microbots are a fully integrated system, blurring the lines between men and machines.

The New Military: Microbots

2000 - "One of the projects DARPA is currently supporting is work by a team at Michigan State University's College of Engineering, who are developing reconfigurable micro-robots for use in military, intelligence and law enforcement ...."

DARPA Works to Replace Soldiers, Police with Robots

2005 - "Scientists at the University of California Los Angeles have successfully bonded flesh to silicon to create what they claim is world's first muscled robot. ..."They have a maximum moving speed of 40 micrometres per second and can work for more than four hours, although not continuously." "

It needs your clothes, your boots and your motorcycle

Also see:

The Talon Robot: Ready for Iraq

Fly-eating Robot Powers Itself

The New Military: Robots with Human DNA

So just put everything all together - AI, self-powered microbots, breeding robots - and all the other latest innovations...

Also see:
www.abovetopsecret.com...

posted on Feb, 10 2005 @ 03:04 PM
link   
I cannot believe I am actually typing this.

I do agree with soficrow that there are certain members who attack anyone who dares to criticize the US government and their policies. They make themselves look stupid by blindly attacking without attempting to see the other point of view.

In my experience on this board however, dj is not one of these. Sure he likes his Fox news, and thinks Bush is a great man, but that doesn't mean he doesn't listen to opposing views.

I have always found dj to be more than reasonable in his discussions with me, and is one of the very few 'right leaning' Americans on this board who is capable of assimilating new information and is capable of having a rational discussion, as long as you provide him with sources and relevant links.

I find him a refreshing change from those who attack and then run away or dodge your responses. At least dj knows that there are usually more than one side to things, and is willing to make adjustments to his views, if warranted. He gives me hope that someday others will follow his example of asking for more information and making their own decisions, instead of blindly attacking.

There you go dj, you got defended by a 'lefty communist loving canuck'. Actually I'm not, call me fiscally conservative, socially liberal. A small 'c' conservative, we call them here.

Of course, YMMV.

posted on Feb, 10 2005 @ 03:12 PM
link   
I believe Bush supporters, Republicans, Right-wingers etc. have a hard time grasping the undeniable fact that www.abovetopsecret.com is conspiracy driven website. No offence, but you guys make horrible conspiracy theorists and consistently down play imagination, theories or simply "thinking outside of the box" comments/views of ATS users, you readily confuse this stance as being driven by left-wing, democratic, anti-bush, hate America agenda's etc.

It boggles my mind why you even frequent conspiracy forums to begin with. Simply said, do you believe in any conspiracy theories at all? and if you don't, they why do you frequent ATS conspiracy targeted forums/threads? Being conspiracy theorists, we cannot deny the ongoing controversial evidence that something is definitely wrong with the Bush administration and most of their actions/policies etc.

If Gore won in 2000, following the exact same path as Dubya did, i'm sure we'd still be here debating the issue of a corrupt US government.

[edit on 10-2-2005 by syntaxer]

posted on Feb, 10 2005 @ 03:16 PM
link   

Originally posted by Duzey
I cannot believe I am actually typing this.

I do agree with soficrow that there are certain members who attack anyone who dares to criticize the US government and their policies.

In my experience on this board however, dj is not one of these.

I don't really have a problem with dj either - or with Nygdan or even DrH (gulp - the guy really does have 2 sides - I think he just purposefully stirs the pot half the time...).

...What grinds me is when some people flame under cover of the "deny ignorance" banner.

A good critique makes you think, and helps you recognize that the world is a bigger, more interesting place. It gives you wings.

But I see good kids and thoughtful participants run off the site - they either get attacked themselves, or see someone like me attacked - and they shut up, give up and go away.

...and the Bush-Bullies abusers justify their attacks in the name of "denying ignorance," and rationalize their abuse as some higher form of intellectual "critique."

Jeez. Call a spade a spade.

They're not 'denying ignorance' OR providing a reasoned 'critique' OR contributing to anyone's education. It's abuse. Pure and simple. ...I will NOT help anyone maintain any fictions, illusions or delusions on this one.

........I'm mostly concerned in the larger context of what's going on in the world - a resurgence of anti-Semitism, and Eugenic's "survival of the fittest" principles across the board.

posted on Feb, 10 2005 @ 03:17 PM
link   
If gore had won the elections I will still be Republican and I would be finding all the mistakes of Gore administration

I think Bush supporters love ATS because is the only place they get to see the realities of bush administration. In the light.

posted on Feb, 10 2005 @ 03:20 PM
link   

Originally posted by djohnsto77
Ha ha. I knew you'd say that because I thought it myself when I first heard it when some lady at my church thanked God for the re-election of our "beloved President" during the open prayer session after the 2004 election. But if that lady or I want to call him that that's our choice, not something encouraged or mandated by the state such as Kim Jong-Il's "Dear Leader"!

I keep thinking, "Is Hale Bopp swinging back through?"

It's your choice to spout such ham handed, trite, cliche, and otherwise goofy dialog as "The evil lies about our beloved leader".

But, that doesn't make it any less funny or less worthy of mocking. I mean, who are you, Jackie Collins? Where do you guys come up with this stuff?
It's cheesy, ESPECIALLY if it comes from the heart.

Not everyone can be well articulated, but to be such thronging toadies, lapping up the precious aura of the beloved leader. Next thing, were gonna see you guys shaving your heads and hustling French tourists for hand outs so the Beloved Leader can have a new Rolls Royce.

I've never seen so many crying men in my entire life, except during the opening weekend of FIELD OF DREAMS.

Is Billy Graham in town or something?

There is a gulf of difference between respecting the president, admiring the president, loving the president, and ADORING the president. Hey, I could see it if the Texas Rangers actually won the world series or something, I'd drink the Kool Aid myself. But, he didn't.

In conclusion, I forsee a very lovely career writing Soap Operas in your future. Don't forget all us little people on your way to the top.

Y'all come back now, ya hear.

posted on Feb, 10 2005 @ 03:26 PM
link   
Vag, you are good. Ok, yes, mad when he controls, mad when he takes the most vacation any president ever has, while in his first term when you have presidents with 4 terms who haven't taken that much vacation. Of course, if he hadn't spent more time on vacation then working maybe he would have read the documents given to him that told him OBL was going to attack us with airplanes and done something other then go on vacation.

And good point, how did they convince so many people to take meth? Damn, imagine if say, Pepsi had that kind of, IDK, advertising? power, everyone would forsake water, milk, juice, Crapa-Cola(ok they mainly forsake that stuff anyways) and just drink Pepsi.

posted on Feb, 10 2005 @ 03:27 PM
link   

Originally posted by soficrow
...What grinds me is when some people flame under cover of the "deny ignorance" banner.

A good critique makes you think, and helps you recognize that the world is a bigger, more interesting place. It gives you wings.

But I see good kids and thoughtful participants run off the site - they either get attacked themselves, or see someone like me attacked - and they shut up, give up and go away.

This I can agree with 150%. There are a certain group of posters here who really need to get some perspective.

Just the other day I was trying to get this point across to another member in a thread about Chavez. Eventually, he just stopped responding to me, because I wasn't taking his bait, or allowing him to twist my words.

I do have a short list of posters I can't even be bothered with. I won't name them because I don't need the stress, but you are right about this subject. Sometimes it's fun to show them up for the non-thinking robots they are, but most of the time it just raises my blood pressure.

I just like dj. I think it's because he once used the words 'I concede' in a conversation with me. I liked that

PS I'm Canadian, it's just my nature to try to be diplomatic.

[edit on 10-2-2005 by Duzey]

posted on Feb, 10 2005 @ 03:28 PM
link   
holy moly on the robots, I thought the predator drone was about all we were using......terminator in what, 50 years ? maybe less ? anything on the future of unmanned fighter jets ?

posted on Feb, 10 2005 @ 03:35 PM
link   
i totally agree with soficrow, here. i've seen the flavour of this website change since i've been here. the greatest assault by these neo-cons disinfo pros was just prior to the election. it got very vile. the ad hominem attacks flew like cows in a speilberg film.
to say that you can't be bullied on a discussion forum is plain wrong. if you look into the media studies of marshall mcluhan, you may begin to understand that man's extensions of himself, his tools, are as real a part of his identity and his body as his hands and feet. this is 'magnet town' and the energy patterns here are as tangible as a well thrown snowball.
when you talk to someone on the phone, you are literally inside their head. same with television, or radio, and now, discussions forums.
if you look into the propoganda tactics of fascists, you will see that america is very much becoming 'brownshirted'. i'm pretty sure many of the most vocal right wing bushnosers are PAID to crush the spirit of free thought and dissent.
great thread.

[edit on 10-2-2005 by billybob]

[edit on 10-2-2005 by billybob]

posted on Feb, 10 2005 @ 03:45 PM
link   

Originally posted by syntaxer
I believe Bush supporters, Republicans, Right-wingers etc. have a hard time grasping the undeniable fact that www.abovetopsecret.com is conspiracy driven website. No offence, but you guys make horrible conspiracy theorists and consistently down play imagination, theories or simply "thinking outside of the box" comments/views of ATS users, you readily confuse this stance as being driven by left-wing, democratic, anti-bush, hate America agenda's etc.

It boggles my mind why you even frequent conspiracy forums to begin with. Simply said, do you believe in any conspiracy theories at all? and if you don't, they why do you frequent ATS conspiracy targeted forums/threads? Being conspiracy theorists, we cannot deny the ongoing controversial evidence that something is definitely wrong with the Bush administration and most of their actions/policies etc.

If Gore won in 2000, following the exact same path as Dubya did, i'm sure we'd still be here debating the issue of a corrupt US government.

[edit on 10-2-2005 by syntaxer]

Yes, I do think Clinton is the anti-christ, that he bombed Oklahoma, and murdered kids in waco. The UN is a NWO example of what to hate so "they" can take over with something new. The tsunami was caused by an asteroid and its' being covered up. And you and I can be best friends in the after life......

Sofi..shhh you'll ruin my image............

posted on Feb, 10 2005 @ 04:21 PM
link   

Originally posted by radagast
holy moly on the robots, I thought the predator drone was about all we were using......terminator in what, 50 years ? maybe less ?

I think it's all much closer than we know - and probably pretty different. I'd worry about self-powered nanobots - ready to go too...

anything on the future of unmanned fighter jets ?

Done - but can't remember which link it is.

posted on Feb, 10 2005 @ 04:27 PM
link   
I just wanna test my emoticon.

posted on Feb, 10 2005 @ 05:32 PM
link   

Originally posted by syntaxer
I believe Bush supporters, Republicans, Right-wingers etc. have a hard time grasping the undeniable fact that www.abovetopsecret.com is conspiracy driven website.

I thought it was a site that was about the truth. Conspiracy is a way of hiding the truth, so is only a part of the sites true purpose, imho.

So true. Has the whole "my dad's tougher than your dad" ring to it.

So often politics seems to be one party spouting something simply because it opposes what the other party has said or done. There is no reasoning, it is pure reaction usually couched in reasonable language or a seemingly moral point of view.

A lot of the right/left conflict I see here is similar to me. I believe in reasoned argument, but so often the counter arguing falls into preset positions and diatribe.

I like Bush generally speaking, but readily concede he has made mistakes. I guess the question for me is are they honest mistakes. Given that I have never sat in on his meetings in the oval office, I guess I will probably never know despite all of the "evidence" that points in either direction. I look for clues in his actions and those of others to form an opinion, but an opinion is not a fact. A lot of folks seem to think that their opinion equates to fact.

Good thread soficrow.

Edit: After reading my post when it went up, I am struck by my saying I thought it the site wasn't totally conspiracy driven and then later that I like Bush. Maybe I just unintentionally proved your point in the quote syntaxer.

[edit on 10-2-2005 by whita]

[edit on 10-2-2005 by whita]

posted on Feb, 10 2005 @ 08:47 PM
link   

Originally posted by whita

So true. Has the whole "my dad's tougher than your dad" ring to it.

My take on that statement - no matter who's in the Oval Office, some of us would still be bitchin and fault-findin...

Yep. I'm one.

posted on Feb, 10 2005 @ 09:31 PM
link   

as posted by billybob
if you look into the propoganda tactics of fascists, you will see that america is very much becoming 'brownshirted'. i'm pretty sure many of the most vocal right wing bushnosers are PAID to crush the spirit of free thought and dissent.

Billybob, propaganda is utilized by all parties, is it not? If so, why are you addressing simply those "fascists"?
"Brownshirted" is relative to the person giving the opinion and those that agree, correct?
And to address your last mention above, being "sure" is also relative. You have any undeniable proof of such? If so, produce it. If you can't, your simply talking out you back-side, eh?

soficrow:

Please feel free to name names at any time, k? Make sure that you positively have my name on that list. Here's how I see it since your giving it from your own perspective: you, as with others, are anti-Bush, anti-Iraq, etc. (which isn't the problem, read on). Please correct me if I am wrong, k? As such, you post some material that is or has amounted to being so slanted, seriously biased, and either quite unfounded or being considered 'half-truths and 'half-facts'. You, as others, do this because it enhances what you are trying to purvey or present. We all do it. The thing is that when presenting the views, thoughts, and/or opinions, you are doing it under the guise of an objective ATSNN Reporter. Thats what grinds me, but alas soficrow, it seems that the new upcoming ATSNN operating system for submitting articles will change all that, therefore, my "grind" ceases to then exist when such takes place.

My whole point is and has been since joining this board back in 2003, is that whatever you or I or another presents as a topic is open to interpretation, criticism, and being hammered. If you can't stand any of the above, then refrain from creating topic threads entitled: Alert: Bush-Bully Attacks on the Rise.

seekerof

[edit on 10-2-2005 by Seekerof]

posted on Feb, 10 2005 @ 09:52 PM
link   

Originally posted by Seekerof

as posted by billybob

Billybob, propaganda is utilized by all parties, is it not? If so, why are you addressing simply those "fascists"?
"Brownshirted" is relative to the person giving the opinion and those that agree, correct?
And to address your last mention above, being "sure" is also relative. You have any undeniable proof of such? If so, produce it. If you can't, your simply talking out you back-side, eh?

I read billybob as follows. This is a reader's perspective and not speaking for billybob.

1. The specific propaganda to which he refers is the propaganda of fascists. He specified it.

2. Therefore he addressed the propaganda tactics of fascists as being fascist propaganda tactics, not use of tactics from other propaganda manuals.

3. "Brownshirted" is a term that is not relative to this speaker and the current audience, viz. "The last weeks of 2004 saw several explicit warnings from the antiwar Right about the coming of an American fascism. Paul Craig Roberts in these pages wrote of the “brownshirting” of American conservatism—a word that might not have surprised had it come from Michael Moore or Michael Lerner. But from a Hoover Institution senior fellow, former assistant secretary of the Treasury in the Reagan administration, and one-time Wall Street Journal editor, it was striking."

4. billybob already clarified the relativeness of his degree of surety by saying that he was "pretty" sure. You must have missed it.

Again, your obfuscation misses the mark entirely.

PS. Are you really paid to spread such, "relatively", as your response intimates?

edit

removed *It's "propaganda", not "propaganda"*
Nice typo MA, well done.

[edit on 10-2-2005 by MaskedAvatar]

posted on Feb, 10 2005 @ 09:52 PM
link   
Vagabond
I disagree about your estimate of the most dangerous person. Intravenous drugs are very addictive, but there is one other drug hundreds of times more potent. The chemicals your brain produces. People who get high off of power, sex, money and the like are far more dangerous. They cut out the middleman of chemical stimulation, and rely on the pure stuff. Power is a rush, I know. People who get addicted to it pretty much can't be cured. They have to get more, and more, until they have it all! It's a sickness, and our leaders need to be treated right away. They should no longer be allowed to endanger us and themselves with their behavior, which is identical in every way to your typical junky.

Never trust a junky!

Seeker
You are asking that the opinion be taken out of journalism? I would love to see it, but it's as impossible as taking human greed out of communism. The truth: Journalism is a hammer. I'm sure you know exactly what I mean. If we as a society change our ideals, I'll go along with it, but the truth will never change - unless of course humanity lost its free will.

Radagast
Your question about unmanned fighter jets; you're not gonna want to hear the answer. Read up on the DREAD system as well. Embassy security, riot control in the capital of this country and overseas. It's a very different world we're moving into. I find it ironic how many of those protecting, defending, and promoting the politicians leading us there will be the first on the sacrificial altar come 'the cull.' I'm waiting for a draft, then a military disaster, followed by the robots, martial law, slavery, and finally cosmic intervention. Whenever man makes plans of this magnitude, the universe steps in and swats us down, to remind us how small and irrelevant we are. If it all comes to pass (maybe with a yellowstone eruption in there somewhere?) I'll be praying for a meteor. A big one. What they're doing is inexcusable and MUST be punished.

In General on the issue of Partisan politics on ATS
I think it's pretty inane, and an enormous waste of time. Things would not be different if he had won. Bush is as much a scapegoat in all of this as anyone. He's Temporary. The two parties merged some time ago, their backers are the same, and their backers decide policy. There was a time for partisanship. That time is over. There are many forces working behind the scenes without your best interest in mind. You, as an individual must worry about yourself. Don't trust anyone, especially not a politician, to do it for you.

[edit on 10-2-2005 by WyrdeOne]

[edit on 10-2-2005 by WyrdeOne]

posted on Feb, 10 2005 @ 10:08 PM
link   

as posted by MaskedAvatar
PS. Are you really paid to spread such, "relatively", as your response intimates?

Typical MaskedAvatar.

Are you also talking out your relative back-side, too?

seekerof

top topics

<< 1    3 >>

join