It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

The bravery and courage I have will live on forever

page: 1
<<   2  3  4 >>

join
share:
+3 more 
posted on Sep, 26 2017 @ 02:20 PM
link   
Not really.

I'm going to the dentist in 2 hours and like a giant fat sissy, am crapping my pants over the ordeal.

Last week Friday I broke a tooth and the put some temporary crap on it until today.

Where. . . without sedation. . . . without anesthesia. . . . without my blankey. . . .

They are probably going to pull the tooth.

And I am terrified.

I've face war, near-death experiences, marriage, teenaged children, and in-laws.

But this might actually get me into the Sissy Hall Of Fame.

I hate the dentist.

Hate it.
Hate it.
Hate it.

If I don't make it back alive, then everyone sucks because I don't want to die in some stupid dentists chair getting my effing tooth pulled!

It's hard to type this through the sobbing and tears.

But as an adult, I must face my deepest, darkest fears eventually.

I swear to the gods, if the dentist is wearing a clown mask when I'm sitting there, I'm going to poop myself then shoot her.

Yes, you heard me right.

It's even a woman dentist.

Shouldn't she be baking something for her man?

Do women even have the capacity to BE dentists???

I have to leave for a bit. My crying has irritated the office next door.

I'm going to start drinking.

Now.

posted on Sep, 26 2017 @ 02:26 PM
link   
a reply to: DBCowboy

I hear ya buddy.
My dentist when I was a kid must have been trained by a butcher.
I went to him until I was out of college and on my own, meaning I stopped going to the dentist.
My future wife gave me some hell and told me to go to her dentist.
Reluctant me went.

After he was done I literally went "that's it?"

I had no idea how bad mine was until I went to a normal one.
I still get bad feelings when my appointments get close.

posted on Sep, 26 2017 @ 02:28 PM
link   

Thanks for the chuckles.

What else is there to say, except: Better you than me?

ETA: If it makes you feel better, the top four front teeth of my own mouth have crowns on them--they were sensitive, and I figured this would help with the sensitivity.

I had to sit through the dentist grinding away my teeth until they were basically stumps surrounding the nerve. The smell of burning enamel being ejected from my own mouth and dusting up my nostrils is something that is unforgettable.

After that, they put these plastic chicklets to cover the root nubs until the actual crowns came in. Yes, they fell out constantly during that week or so having to wear plastic teeth, so that was fun.

Once the final crowns came in, I got to sit through the dentist putting an unnecessarily intense amount of pressure on each crown as he glued them to my root nubs. I was relatively happy with them, until I tried to open a foil package with my teeth like I have done since a child (I've literally never had a cavity)--apparently, he ground a few of the root nubs too close to the root, and with the metal backing that my crowns have, I now get a direct "shock" straight to my root when metal touches them.

Keep in mind that I got these done to get rid of the sensitivity issue that I had--now my teeth are much more sensitive than they ever were.

Good times.

Oh, and I come to find out years later that my front left lateral incisor (the root nub) is broken completely through horizontally, which now causes occasional abscesses to happen. Eventually, I will have to have that tooth/root nub extracted and replaced with an implant.

ENJOY YOUR TOOTH PULLING!

edit on 26-9-2017 by SlapMonkey because: (no reason given)

posted on Sep, 26 2017 @ 02:29 PM
link   

Hang in there, DB.
I've got my check up on Thursday.

Remember...when she tells you to "spit", always do it in that little sink.

posted on Sep, 26 2017 @ 02:36 PM
link   
i also hate the dentist and have always had terrible anxiety about it... and over the last few years i had quite a number of fillings, two crowns, several extractions, and an attempted root canal done, catching up with the years i avoided it.

i'm happy to report that extractions don't hurt any more. they feel very very weird as they move the tooth a bit to loosen it and the pressure is strange, but there was no pain. the numbing shots they give can be painful but they're over pretty quick.

i hope it goes well for you!

p.s. women do make excellent dentists, you pig

posted on Sep, 26 2017 @ 02:40 PM
link   

Get a grip soldier! You're gonna go in there with a big smile on your face and tell them the cavity back there was the result of your late night candy and cartoon binge!

And then you're going to stick your tongue at her.

posted on Sep, 26 2017 @ 02:47 PM
link   

originally posted by: DBCowboy
Not really.

I'm going to the dentist in 2 hours and like a giant fat sissy, am crapping my pants over the ordeal.

Last week Friday I broke a tooth and the put some temporary crap on it until today.

Where. . . without sedation. . . . without anesthesia. . . . without my blankey. . . .

They are probably going to pull the tooth.

And I am terrified.

I've face war, near-death experiences, marriage, teenaged children, and in-laws.

But this might actually get me into the Sissy Hall Of Fame.

I hate the dentist.

Hate it.
Hate it.
Hate it.

If I don't make it back alive, then everyone sucks because I don't want to die in some stupid dentists chair getting my effing tooth pulled!

It's hard to type this through the sobbing and tears.

But as an adult, I must face my deepest, darkest fears eventually.

I swear to the gods, if the dentist is wearing a clown mask when I'm sitting there, I'm going to poop myself then shoot her.

Yes, you heard me right.

It's even a woman dentist.

Shouldn't she be baking something for her man?

Do women even have the capacity to BE dentists???

I have to leave for a bit. My crying has irritated the office next door.

I'm going to start drinking.

Now.

Don't worry about a thing, you are just to old fashioned, for instance you don't feel a thing as the needle goes...slides, into your gum.
And of course it's a bonus having a lady for a dentist, they usually sit on top of the nervous ones, and you will notice how well built they are...it's a didd...sorry a doddle.

posted on Sep, 26 2017 @ 02:49 PM
link   

I heard the dentists are using new hypodermics to inject the Novocain that look like spider clowns.

posted on Sep, 26 2017 @ 02:50 PM
link   

Female dentist? You sure you aren't being baited into some cosplay or something?

Seriously though, I am sure she is well taught and skilled in her trade. You'll do fine DB. Try to meditate or keep your mind distracted. When it's over with, ask her for a few vicodin. And a sammich.

Best wishes good Sir!

posted on Sep, 26 2017 @ 02:54 PM
link   
Thank you for all the kind words of support.

You bastards!

I did speak to my wife. My bride of 3 decades. My soul mate and life partner.

I poured out my fears. My concerns. The sheer and utter terror I was facing.

She said, "Do you want to wear my pink dress or the purple one"?

Of course I went with purple.

It's after Labor Day.

posted on Sep, 26 2017 @ 02:57 PM
link   

originally posted by: AugustusMasonicus

I heard the dentists are using new hypodermics to inject the Novocain that look like spider clowns.

It's true. Dealt with it last week.

Only redeeming factor is that once the needle plunger is fully engaged, it triggers a high pitched "ah-he-he-hee-heeee" clown laugh. Strangely comforting...

posted on Sep, 26 2017 @ 03:02 PM
link   

originally posted by: seaswine
Only redeeming factor is that once the needle plunger is fully engaged, it triggers a high pitched "ah-he-he-hee-heeee" clown laugh. Strangely comforting...

DB will be fine. I just spoke to DDS Pennywise Gacy and he said there's nothing to worry about.

posted on Sep, 26 2017 @ 03:06 PM
link   

To ease your tension let me tell you that I had a tooth pulled a few years ago without sedation. Not to demean anyone else's experiences in life, but I felt like that was the closest I'd ever come to knowing what it is like to be raped. I honestly think I suffered PTSD for a few days. It was brutal. And the sound of bone being crushed echoing in your head is terrifying. I can still hear all these years later.

So I hope that lifts your fears some. Cheers.

posted on Sep, 26 2017 @ 03:07 PM
link   
a reply to: TobyFlenderson

Just one?

posted on Sep, 26 2017 @ 03:16 PM
link   
a reply to: AugustusMasonicus

Believe me, that was more than enough. And it wasn't even a whole one. I'd split it a few days prior. Man, I can still hear that crunching noise. Afterwards the dentist said to me that I should use gas the next time. I was shocked as I had not been given that option the first time.

posted on Sep, 26 2017 @ 03:17 PM
link   

One time I went to go to an oral surgeon to have one of my root canals redone. I am pretty sure I had Stockholm syndrome because when it was all over my legs were shaking and I was barely able to stand and I was thanking the dentist as I was paying $1200 for the work.

edit on 26-9-2017 by dfnj2015 because: (no reason given)

posted on Sep, 26 2017 @ 03:26 PM
link   
Dont worry old chap it will be over very quickly.... quickly but painful...

Unless of course the lady dentist finds another couple of teeth that need pulling that is!

Would you like to borrow one of my ice skates and do it yourself?

Im "Rooting" for you...

Warmest

Lags

edit on 26-9-2017 by Lagomorphe because: Question added

posted on Sep, 26 2017 @ 03:35 PM
link   

As a sign of solidarity with you and in protest of the grossly unfair state of modern dentistry in this country...I WILL be taking a knee at the very next hockey game I attend.

posted on Sep, 26 2017 @ 03:37 PM
link   

Americans mock the winning British smile and now you understand the method behind our 'madness!'

posted on Sep, 26 2017 @ 03:45 PM
link   
a reply to: Kandinsky

British people rule!

top topics

<<   2  3  4 >>

join