It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Vitamin C Saves Man Dying of Viral Pneumonia-Had to Fight with Dr's to use Vit C

page: 1
<<   2  3 >>

join
share:

posted on Sep, 25 2017 @ 10:17 PM
link   
Allan Smith was sick, real sick, with Swine flu then Pneumonia on breathing equipment and the Dr's wanting to pull the plug and let him die. But the family pushed hard for IV vit C.

Allan’s doctors asked the family permission to turn off the machines and let him die. Allan’s wife Sonia had a brother with some medical knowledge, so he stepped in and said, “you haven’t tried everything, You have got to try high dose IV vitamin C on Allan”. At first, the doctors resisted, saying it was useless. Next, the three sons weighed in with a persuasive argument to try the IV vitamin C, saying there was nothing to lose.
fromthetrenchesworldreport.com...

His team of Dr's all agreed that Vit C is useless, but one was willing to give it a go, and it worked. But the Dr's said it was from moving Allan to a prone position NOT THE IV Vit C.

The doctors were in unanimous agreement that IV vitamin C would be useless and a waste of time, and that the patient would certainly die. However, one doctor felt “slightly uneasy” with the decision to turn off life support, without first acceding to the family’s wishes, and so they reluctantly agreed to give the IV vitamin C. Their plan was to give the IV vitamin C, show it was useless, and then turn off life support.

50 grams IV and the next day he a CAT scan showed his lungs starting to clear and a few days later a chest X-ray had no white that indicated his lungs were clearing up.

That day, Allan Smith was given 25 grams of IV vitamin C in the evening and another 25 grams in the morning. The next day, a CAT scan of the lungs showed improving air flow and a few days later the chest x-rays showed the lungs were no longer white, indicating air movement. The improvement was dramatic, clear and plain for all to see. However, the doctors denied it was the vitamin C, and instead, attributed the improvement to “turning patient into a prone position”.

Another Dr stopped the IV vit C and the family brought in a lawyer-the hospital was forced to start the IV's again. But only 1 gram a day. Alllan did get better and the family said it was due to IV Vit C.

Allan’s condition continued to improve and was eventually transferred to a hospital closer to home, still breathing with ventilator assistance. Here, the family had yet another battle with a new doctor who again stopped the IV vitamin C. This time, the family brought in a lawyer who sent a warning letter to the hospital threatening legal action. The hospital was forced to restart the vitamin C, however, allowing only low dosage.

edit on 25-9-2017 by seasonal because: (no reason given)

posted on Sep, 25 2017 @ 10:23 PM
link   
a reply to: seasonal

I would like to think, in a life or death situation, trying ANYTHING -- no matter how much of a long shot it is -- before pulling the plug would be standard practice. Appears all too often this is not the case. Great on the family for their continued efforts on the docters. There could be much more to learn about vitamin or mineral IV administrations.

posted on Sep, 25 2017 @ 10:25 PM
link   
a reply to: JustLiquoredNS

But IV vit C is only $100.
Seems the Dr's feel it is like rubbing an onion on your foot to get rid of acne. They are against it for some reason.

edit on 25-9-2017 by seasonal because: (no reason given)

posted on Sep, 25 2017 @ 10:27 PM
link   
If a doctor says vitamin C or any unusual treatment doesn't work, they will usually not admit it worked when it did. They wanted it to fail, it went against their prediction.

posted on Sep, 25 2017 @ 10:28 PM
link   
I don't understand the reluctance of Doctors to follow the wishes of family members, especially in cases like this where no further harm can come from following the wishes.

Is it due to arrogance? How dare these little family members tell me the big doctor what to do?

Is it fear of malpractice suits? If your rigged in your medical administrating you leave less room for litigation?

Maybe both?

posted on Sep, 25 2017 @ 10:37 PM
link   
a reply to: DanDanDat

Perhaps it is because it is not taught in Med schools?

Or did Linus Pauling (mayo Clinic) ruin it with the studies he had "certified" by the mayo clinic. The mayo clinic used pill vit C when Pauling's protocol called for IV C, of course his study was "proven" a failure.

posted on Sep, 25 2017 @ 10:38 PM
link   
The doctors probably wanted his body for organ donation. Happened quite a few times. Like something out of Repo! The Genetic Opera.

posted on Sep, 25 2017 @ 10:46 PM
link   

originally posted by: DanDanDat
I don't understand the reluctance of Doctors to follow the wishes of family members, especially in cases like this where no further harm can come from following the wishes.

Is it due to arrogance? How dare these little family members tell me the big doctor what to do?

Is it fear of malpractice suits? If your rigged in your medical administrating you leave less room for litigation?

Maybe both?

Malpractice lawsuits, I'm certain, would at minimal play atleast a small factor in such alternative treatments, as it is a real scenario. But surely they can come up with some sort of legal waiver for the family, lifting them of any wrong doing. I mean I can't even go to the local laser tag or rock climbing without signing a novel which ultimately says, "You hurty? You #y!". Don't see why the same cannot be done here.

And Ego? I'm certain this often plays a role as well. I've had some pretty old grumpy docter's over the years, stuck in their ways...but hey, I'm no Docter myself...

posted on Sep, 25 2017 @ 10:49 PM
link   

originally posted by: seasonal

Perhaps it is because it is not taught in Med schools?

Or did Linus Pauling (mayo Clinic) ruin it with the studies he had "certified" by the mayo clinic. The mayo clinic used pill vit C when Pauling's protocol called for IV C, of course his study was "proven" a failure.

It can't really be that, at least not in this case. It really doesn't matter if the doctors thought it wouldn't work; why wouldn't they ALL (one apparently did) administer it for no other reason but to make the family feel better?

+1 more 
posted on Sep, 25 2017 @ 10:49 PM
link   

Funny. The doctors wanted to pull the plug and let him die... then say that all they had to do was move him into the prone position. Wtf?

I'm pretty sure this is a story big pharma doesn't want on the front page.

posted on Sep, 25 2017 @ 10:55 PM
link   
a reply to: Konduit

True, IV Vit C is cheap and the alternative treatments like exotic antibiotics are HUGE $$$.

You can pick up IV Vit C from online vet supply companies for $30.

posted on Sep, 25 2017 @ 10:56 PM
link   
I'm interested in the IV vitamin C treatments that seem promising in cancer cases. There's been a few posts and results seem positive. On a side note, I started eating 2 naval oranges a day 3 years ago and haven't been sick since. Previously I'd get about 3 or 4 colds a season, I'm in and out of a lot of cars that are germ breeding grounds. Go vitamin C!

posted on Sep, 25 2017 @ 11:06 PM
link   

an obvious question - where does this :

" mega dose IV vitamin c preparation " come from ????

posted on Sep, 25 2017 @ 11:08 PM
link   
a reply to: ignorant_ape

Do you mean where is the it sourced or who made it?

You can pick up IV Vit C from online vet supply companies for $30.

posted on Sep, 25 2017 @ 11:21 PM
link   

originally posted by: Konduit

Funny. The doctors wanted to pull the plug and let him die... then say that all they had to do was move him into the prone position. Wtf?

I'm pretty sure this is a story big pharma doesn't want on the front page.

Exactly what I was thinking 🤔... the doctors didn't bother to try a prone position , but they are willing to say to the family there is nothing we can do for him ? Something fishy with the motivation behind these decisions it seems.

Happy the family got through to one doctor and lawyered up , but sadly this is not the case for every family who has been through the nightmares of malpractice.

Thanks for sharing this story OP. It may inspire more people to fight harder for the health of loved ones, especially when doctors are too eager to pull the plug.
edit on 25-9-2017 by Sheye because: (no reason given)

posted on Sep, 25 2017 @ 11:46 PM
link   
Vitamin C will help many illnesses but will not help all illnesses. In fact, it could be bad in some illnesses. These particular illnesses in the OP would benefit by vitamin C. Doctors need to learn the truth about some of the natural medicines, many actually do work and have legitimate evidence to back it.

posted on Sep, 25 2017 @ 11:57 PM
link   
Very cool, I caution anyone interested in taking high doses of Vitamin C ..for various benefit's, if not Liposomal, you may end up with Kidney stones

They hurt like a mofo.
(edit) cool that the vitamin C worked..very uncool that doctors cant take that stick out of their ass and look at alternatives.
edit on 26-9-2017 by vonclod because: (no reason given)

posted on Sep, 26 2017 @ 12:17 AM
link   

Having just gone through a similar situation with my son where I was told by private neurologists that they would not consider a specific therapy as "Nobody is selling that at the conferences I attend" my understanding of these so called 'experts' has changed forever.

You see some doctors are just ignorant, some are ego maniacs and some are bloody good at what they do and have an open mind. The latter it seems is in short supply and is a direct result of their training. Many Dr's see patients/family members as intellectually inferior and lacking in knowledge as they do not have the background they do. Hence the "Vit C was not effective it was moving to a prone position'. When people believe they cannot be wrong they have zero capacity to learn beyond their current state.

I showed 3 neurologists 12 peer reviewed papers suggesting this specific therapy could help my son significantly and they all shrugged it off as they hadn't heard of it. Not one was even interested in reading the evidence. These same neurologists told me CBD oil would not help his seizures but guess what it has.

I now listen to clinical observations from parents and not the parrot fashion regurgitated speak of doctors if I want to her how a therapy may work in my sons case. If I had stood by and listened to these 'professionals' my son would likely still be non-verbal and having seizures daily whilst on a cocktail of pharmaceuticals.

It is sad but patients need to do their own research nowadays and those who cannot need friends and family who are willing to do it for them and to not give up when they are told this is all you get.

posted on Sep, 26 2017 @ 01:13 AM
link   
Dont mean to be the d*ck here, but look at it from the doctors point of view. How many families do they have to see to every day to give grim news, how warn down must you get with every family begging, bargaining and sounding off at different treatments that in your mind would not work.

Yes I believe that every avenue should be explored to save a single life but when you are over worked, hounded and dodging law suits at every corner it must start to grate when someone with "a little medical knowledge" questions your findings or suggests something.

Though this time it worked, how many times has the suggestion fallen flat and would not work at all? Lets say 1/1000 scenarios this happens. The other 999 times it would have wasted:

- Doctors Time
- Nurses Time
- Hospital Equipment
- Cost the family more money for nothing

The patient dies, the family are crushed, the doctor is disheartened. To top it all off, thats another thing for the families medical bill to sort out.

(last bit makes me happy to live in good ol' blighty.)

posted on Sep, 26 2017 @ 01:20 AM
link   
a reply to: thekaboose

I would bet dodging lawsuits is fairly high on the list, followed by ignorance and then arrogance.

new topics

top topics

<<   2  3 >>

join