It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Trump-BOYCOTT NFL teams whose players refuse to stand for the National Anthem

page: 48
<< 45  46  47    49  50  51 >>

join
share:

posted on Sep, 24 2017 @ 02:28 PM
link   

originally posted by: MotherMayEye

originally posted by: seasonal
a reply to: amazing

I have been told on ATS by a great number of members that while at work you have no freedom of speech.

I guess it is up the brass at the NFL. Once they loose billions they may have to put the hammer down on these millionaires.

The government is actually obligated to protect our First Amendment rights, unlike private employers. Being that Trump is at the highest level of government, I think his boycott suggestion crosses a line and could have a 'chilling effect.'

There is definitely an argument here that Trump's suggestion infringes on the players' Constitutional protections.

Again. The NFL is not a "corporation". And if we're talking about the 1st, why are the penalties so harsh for celebrating now?

posted on Sep, 24 2017 @ 02:29 PM
link   

originally posted by: 3NL1GHT3N3D1
a reply to: Wardaddy454

Why not both?

She doesn't hold public office, lost the election, and even the DNC is thinking she's a liability now.

posted on Sep, 24 2017 @ 02:30 PM
link   

originally posted by: Grambler

originally posted by: olaru12
More blow back....

www.rawstory.com...

looks like the twitter in chief went up against the wrong outfit this time....

We will see.

It is possible these protests were hurting NFL viewership.

The nfls doubling down may not only hurt their ratings, but may drive people that are tired of identity politics voting even more right wing.

Or maybe not. I guess we will see.

The only thing that will show disaffection for the NFL, ESPN, and the sports industry is if the big dog advertisers bail.

If you want a clear reflection of the political mood, Look what programming GM and ComCast favor and what platform they use. They bailed on Rush...AllState is the only A lister on Rush. What's that tell you?

posted on Sep, 24 2017 @ 02:30 PM
link   

originally posted by: RomeByFire

originally posted by: RomeByFire

originally posted by: Gryphon66
a reply to: RomeByFire

Not to mention the HORRORS of some Nazi losing their job because they got outed.

It's discrimination for sure, mainly because they're white males.

It's really unfair how Nazi's get fired for holding views akin to genocide of entire demographics of complete strangers!

Who is this straw man you all are fighting?

You must've missed all the Charlottesville threads.

Play naive all you'd like lol

PS - this thread has had multiple posters bring up off-topic discussion like Hillary so I thought I'd employ the same tactics. Funny, it's only called out when I'm using straw man tactics to make fun of Nazi's lol....

Oh.... poor Nazi's in the year 2017

ETA: theee posts down, more "but Hillary," comments

I wonder if these people will ever get over the fact that Hillary lost. I can see it now, the year will be 2035 and people will still say "BUT WHAT ABOUT HILLARY," lol

Feel few to link me to all of the posts about how Nazis shouldn't be fired.

I saw threads saying doxxing was bad, but none like you are saying.

Not saying they weren't here, but I would like to see a link.

posted on Sep, 24 2017 @ 02:31 PM
link   

More blow back....

www.rawstory.com...

We will see.

The nfls doubling down may not only hurt their ratings, but may drive people that are tired of identity politics voting even more right wing.

The only thing that will show disaffection for the NFL, ESPN, and the sports industry is if the big dog advertisers bail.

If you want a clear reflection of the political mood, Look what programming GM and ComCast favor and what platform they use. They bailed on Rush...AllState is the only A lister on Rush. What's that tell you?

GM and Comcast openly support the left. Just because they are big doesn't make it a clear reflection.

posted on Sep, 24 2017 @ 02:31 PM
link   

It makes sense if we look at it politically.

He's still in campaign mode so he's doing this to "re-energize" his supporters. Trump's taken a lot of L's lately, so he needed a political "victory" badly. His recent deals & rumored deals with Democrats only seemed to piss off his base instead of giving him the "See, he's a unifying force" praise that he was probably looking for. Hence, this current barrage of insults against professional athletes that have "coincidentally" also re-energized his own base.

Remember, we're dealing with a dude who was losing in virtually all of the major polls yet still won the 2016 election. Add that to his open hostility towards much of the press & I think it's safe to assume that he doesn't give a crap about the mainstream narratives about him or his administration. I'd guess that he's counting on his pissed off base to keep carrying him to victories even if Congress won't.

posted on Sep, 24 2017 @ 02:32 PM
link   
Should a president try and provide financial stress to employment of thousands of people?

Anyone have retirement in investors.

Shame on any conservatives defending this.

You have to wonder.
edit on 24-9-2017 by luthier because: (no reason given)

posted on Sep, 24 2017 @ 02:33 PM
link   

originally posted by: luthier
I wonder how many former (lol) trump supporters work or have direct relatives for the NFL?

So much for helping the economy.

Lol. How can anybody condone or support such comment from potus?

In reality, people aren't.

Despite what an echo chamber like ATS would lead you to believe, this is making Trump look even more foolish than he could possibly have imagined (even though I think that's his goal, I think he wants out lol).

Evidently kneeling is disrespectful, but:

Heiling Hitler in American streets isn't
Demeaning an American POW isn't
Degrading a Gold Star family isn't
Waving Nazi flags isn't
Chanting "the Jews will not replace us," isn't

Also - could you imagine the right-wing outrage if Obama referred to anyone as "sons' a bitches?"

posted on Sep, 24 2017 @ 02:34 PM
link   

originally posted by: enlightenedservant

It makes sense if we look at it politically.

He's still in campaign mode so he's doing this to "re-energize" his supporters. Trump's taken a lot of L's lately, so he needed a political "victory" badly. His recent deals & rumored deals with Democrats only seemed to piss off his base instead of giving him the "See, he's a unifying force" praise that he was probably looking for. Hence, this current barrage of insults against professional athletes that have "coincidentally" also re-energized his own base.

Remember, we're dealing with a dude who was losing in virtually all of the major polls yet still won the 2016 election. Add that to his open hostility towards much of the press & I think it's safe to assume that he doesn't give a crap about the mainstream narratives about him or his administration. I'd guess that he's counting on his pissed off base to keep carrying him to victories even if Congress won't.

Said exactly like someone who pretends to know, without actually checking.

All the polls were wrong because their sampling was biased, and they certainly were not going to poll 300+ million people. Give that a rest already.

link   
I'll take a knee with Colin...

link   

More blow back....

www.rawstory.com...

We will see.

Who knows.

Just like I am not certain NFL ratings are down because of these protests.

I honestly have no clue.

I guess we will just have to wait and see.

I certainly won't feel bad if trumps tweets playing politics backfires on him.

I care about real problems, like the economy, foreign policy, disaster victims, health care, etc.

Trump should be focusing there.
edit on 24-9-2017 by Grambler because: (no reason given)

posted on Sep, 24 2017 @ 02:39 PM
link   

originally posted by: Wardaddy454

originally posted by: MotherMayEye

originally posted by: seasonal
a reply to: amazing

I have been told on ATS by a great number of members that while at work you have no freedom of speech.

I guess it is up the brass at the NFL. Once they loose billions they may have to put the hammer down on these millionaires.

The government is actually obligated to protect our First Amendment rights, unlike private employers. Being that Trump is at the highest level of government, I think his boycott suggestion crosses a line and could have a 'chilling effect.'

There is definitely an argument here that Trump's suggestion infringes on the players' Constitutional protections.

Again. The NFL is not a "corporation". And if we're talking about the 1st, why are the penalties so harsh for celebrating now?

Really, then why is it...NFL. inc.

Of course you're aware that the NFL dropped it's tax exempt status right?

www.washingtonpost.com... bc1d0f37

www.bloomberg.com...

Google won't bite...it helps to keep credibility
edit on 24-9-2017 by olaru12 because: (no reason given)

posted on Sep, 24 2017 @ 02:43 PM
link   

So Trump was obligated as president to make a speech about the NFL? Either way you look at it, he stuck his nose where it had no business being. He has that right of course but he stuck his nose in it for no reason other than to pander to his supporters. Now look what he's turned it into.

You complain about politics being brought into sports? Thank Trump for making it front and center.
edit on 9/24/2017 by 3NL1GHT3N3D1 because: (no reason given)

posted on Sep, 24 2017 @ 02:44 PM
link   

originally posted by: Xenogears

originally posted by: tate566
The funny thing about all this is the two-pronged boycott. One side wiil be ppl boycotting because they feel Kaepernick is being blackballed and the other side will be boycotting due to players protesting during the anthem.

And both sides will spin any forthcoming low ratings.

LOL

Marvel tried catering to sjws their sales cratered.

Take cali out Trump won popular by over 1 million take NY out and it is by millions across the rest of the states

take California out?......we produce 1 trillion dollars more in GDP (number 1# in the nation) than the next state New York...as of 2017, California is the 11th largest economy in the world.....take us out, and you will be hurting. the deficit in federal taxes alone that is sent to Washington, will cause huge spikes in taxes, or massive cuts in spending...so....yeah, our "friggin' votes count a lot, sparky

posted on Sep, 24 2017 @ 02:45 PM
link   

They allow celebrations, the penalties were greatly reduced.

posted on Sep, 24 2017 @ 02:47 PM
link   

Make me "give it a rest". I have just as much of a right to post on here as you do. I'll continue to post my opinions & interpretations here as many times as I want to.

posted on Sep, 24 2017 @ 02:47 PM
link   
Have all the people protesting the people kneeling in protest that their 401k is not wrapped into any investments in the NFL from Nike to print shops?

posted on Sep, 24 2017 @ 02:48 PM
link   
This is unreal, if this were to happen in Europe imagine the president of France trying to tell PSG to have Neymar fired. Imagine the royal people of England trying to get Lukaku fired from Manutd. Imagine the powers that be in Spain trying to have a go at either Ronaldo or Messi. THIS IS UNREAL!! Why the F is the president of the united states wasting so much time having a go at someone who stood up against INJUSTICE?? Why is he a son of a bitch but white supremacists fine young men?? Reality has become a South Park episode

posted on Sep, 24 2017 @ 02:52 PM
link   
I've never cared for football and don't have cable so I don't watch tv at all. However---I love me some Cardinals baseball on radio. This crap about football has ruined my listening to sports shows. All summer, even before the baseball season got to the mid-season break, all the sports guys could talk about was football---who was going to join the protest, who was the latest to be arrested, who would be passed over because of this or that....all when they should have been talking about baseball!
I'm not the only one who feels this way---I've heard it from lots of baseball fans. They've stopped watching the shows on tv and shut off the radio when the football crap starts before the pre-season even gets underway. At least we don't have to listen to it during the broadcast of the game.
I don't really care what their politics are. They are being paid to ball with a ball and when they show up in uniform they should confine their activities to playing ball. I do admire the fact that several teams are donating hundreds of thousands of dollars to hurricane relief efforts. For every home run hit by our Cardinals, $30k goes to hurricane relief for victims of Harvey. That kind of activism is what will actually make a difference in the lives of people who are hurting.

posted on Sep, 24 2017 @ 02:53 PM
link   

originally posted by: Verse
This is unreal, if this were to happen in Europe imagine the president of France trying to tell PSG to have Neymar fired. Imagine the royal people of England trying to get Lukaku fired from Manutd. Imagine the powers that be in Spain trying to have a go at either Ronaldo or Messi. THIS IS UNREAL!! Why the F is the president of the united states wasting so much time having a go at someone who stood up against INJUSTICE?? Why is he a son of a bitch but white supremacists fine young men?? Reality has become a South Park episode

The difference is: you lot don't have a Donald Trump.

And I hope you folks never do.

top topics

<< 45  46  47    49  50  51 >>

join