It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Trump-BOYCOTT NFL teams whose players refuse to stand for the National Anthem

page: 51
<< 48  49  50    52  53  54 >>

join
share:

posted on Sep, 24 2017 @ 04:36 PM
link   
a reply to: queenofswords

It is taking Americans time to get used to the fact that a president can be presidential when dealing with....well....presidential matters.

His tweet about NFL is presidential?
LOL

posted on Sep, 24 2017 @ 04:36 PM
link   
a reply to: Phage

I think she is trying to point out that breaking windows is not quite as bad as breaking people.

Get it now?

posted on Sep, 24 2017 @ 04:37 PM
link   

originally posted by: queenofswords
a reply to: DancedWithWolves

Glad to see owners arm in arm with players.

Donald Trump tweeted that standing with locked arms is good, kneeling is not acceptable. I agree.

Trump is wrong, kneeling is their right too.
Not to be disagreeable, but I disagree.
I say this as the mother of a veteran, who fought for your right to protest.

posted on Sep, 24 2017 @ 04:38 PM
link   

I guess.
I was just talking about amusing bug on ATS. I just can't remember exactly how it worked.

posted on Sep, 24 2017 @ 04:38 PM
link   

a reply to: Phage

I think she is trying to point out that breaking windows is not quite as bad as breaking people.

Get it now?

#windowlivesmatter showed up in chat room on St. Louis live stream when they broke mayor's window.

posted on Sep, 24 2017 @ 04:39 PM
link   

originally posted by: Phage

I guess.
I was just talking about amusing bug on ATS. I just can't remember exactly how it worked.

That's what I thought you meant. Haven't heard of that bug before.

posted on Sep, 24 2017 @ 04:39 PM
link   

originally posted by: Deaf Alien

It is taking Americans time to get used to the fact that a president can be presidential when dealing with....well....presidential matters.

LOL

Maybe I missed it, but from what I see, his tweets about the NFL are all on his personal account, not his POTUS account.

posted on Sep, 24 2017 @ 04:40 PM
link   

originally posted by: Gryphon66
a reply to: RomeByFire

Right-wing terrorists still hold the record for number of attacks involving actual deaths, bombings and arson in the US.

I would like to see that source I don't think that's correct.

Islamic terror killed around 3000 in 9-11 in just one incident.

I would like to see the source that more have been killed by right wing terror.

posted on Sep, 24 2017 @ 04:41 PM
link   

I guess.

I believe is was the word "head" that had a bug.
edit on 24-9-2017 by Grambler because: (no reason given)

posted on Sep, 24 2017 @ 04:42 PM
link   
a reply to: Grambler

Islamic terrorism is right wing terrorism.

posted on Sep, 24 2017 @ 04:42 PM
link   

originally posted by: Grambler

I guess.

I believe is was the word "head" that had a bug.

Typos can be so hilarious sometimes!

ETA: Oops! You corrected it. But, it was so funny the way it was!
edit on 24-9-2017 by queenofswords because: (no reason given)

posted on Sep, 24 2017 @ 04:43 PM
link   
A President sharing their personal opinions on matters? Gosh.

I seem to remember President Obama weighing in from time to time on certain matters, like say, Trayvon Martin's killing, and what did the right-wingers have to say about that?

Hmmm... as I recall it was "why can't he mind his own business?" "He's ignoring the dignity of the office." "He's being divisive" etc. etc. etc.

Now, when folks have the same reactions to Donald Trump's stupidity ... well, we're trying to shut down his First Amendment rights!

We just don't want to allow him to have a normal human opinion, do we?

I mean, NFL players taking a knee during the Anthem is equivalent to the killing of a young man, right?

Equal gravity and seriousness, AMIRITE?

posted on Sep, 24 2017 @ 04:49 PM
link   

originally posted by: seagull
Mr. Trump?

Bite me. As an original Seahawk fan(atic), I will follow them through thick, and thin (lot of thin, over the years...), we have at least one player who kneels during the anthem.

It is his right to express his feelings in this way. It's peaceful, non-disruptive, and makes his point. More power to him. It matters not in the slightest whether I agree or disagree, it's his right to do this.

So, to reiterate...

Mr. Trump? Bite me.

This allowance extends to the rest of us who say to those misguided freaks kneeling to show disrespect...BITE US!

Just who are these mental midgets bowing down to anyways..it is a sign of SUBMISSIVENESS...to a DICTATOR or Future WIFE.

LOL.

posted on Sep, 24 2017 @ 04:51 PM
link   
Perhaps some should read more carefully ... the phrase used was "number of attacks."

America Sees 300 Violent Attacks by Right Wing Every Year

Since 2001, the number of violent attacks on U.S. soil inspired by far-right ideology has spiked to an average of more than 300 a year, according to a study by the Combating Terrorism Center at West Point.

A 2015 survey of U.S. law enforcement groups found they consider anti-government violent extremists to be a more severe threat than radicalized Muslims. And while jihadist terrorists have killed 95 people in the U.S. since 9/11, far-right extremists have killed 68 during the same time, including the car attack in Charlottesville.

Although anyone can type into Google, for convenience sake, here's a few more citations:

Newsweek 6/22/17

ADL

posted on Sep, 24 2017 @ 04:51 PM
link   

Right-wing terrorists still hold the record for number of attacks involving actual deaths, bombings and arson in the US.

That's why I like to make fun of them. I'm not for violence (unless you're a self-identifying Nazi), it creates justifiable backlash which creates justifiable backlash which creates justifiable backlash which creat....

It just doesn't help, but throughout human history human beings have been violent. Something about our race, it's engrained into us and I personally don't see it going anywhere.

That's why I like to make fun of them. There's a game called Far Cry 5 coming out that's antagonist is a leader of a religious cult, and it's set in Montana (keep in mind the developer is not a North American developer).

Because of this, many felt as if it was an "attack," on Trump and Trump supporters. I'm not kidding, there are articles on InfoWars and Breitbart (of course) calling it "anti-American propaganda villifying Americans and religious folks as cults, gun nuts, killers, racists, etc etc."

It was amusing. Reading the comments on those articles made me realize how easily led some of these people are. They've never even heard of Far Cry. Far Cry 2 received the same backlash for being "anti-black propaganda," because it was set in Africa.... and you were killing African warlords and soldiers, who were predominantly black.

I find it amusing because the InfoWars article in particular was claiming that this was a "new trend by the Hollywood elite to push anti-American agendas," which makes no sense considering a game developer not based in North America has no affiliation with Hollywood, California (getting the picture, yet?) but they ran with it anyway.

That's why I mainly just make fun of them. Like Richard Spencer and "meme magic," it's absolutely hilarious. This dude authors essays titled "Is Black Genocide Right," and Donald Trump re-tweets him and people say "it's not racist!" They're definition of racism is clearly different than mine.

And mainly, and most importantly, these people regularly make fun of themselves. Look at Donald Trump. Look at the "but Hillary!," comments followed up by "she lost, get over it!," comments. The "it's part of Donald's master plan," comments. The "he's playing interdimensional quantom-fazer activator chess to beat the elite," comments.

My personal favorite: the "Donald Trump is not establishment!," comments. The "we should respect our president!," comments who then make threads degrading Obama's wife for being "manly," or even calling her a "gorilla."

The CONSTANT cries of "DEY R COMMN 4 R GUNZ," comment. I'm a gun owner - still have 'em. The "Obama third term, he's the anti-Christ, he will implement Martial Law and Sharia Law, FEMA camps for dissidents," comments.

The amount of outright bull# that's come out of the right is absolutely staggering, but considering ATS's current narrative that's swept away.

These people consistently out themselves, and I've always found it amusing.

It's what happens in a cult, though. It begins to fracture.

posted on Sep, 24 2017 @ 04:54 PM
link   

originally posted by: Deaf Alien

LOL

Maybe I missed it, but from what I see, his tweets about the NFL are all on his personal account, not his POTUS account.

..... he's still the president

Semantics, semantics

I await the day when President Dwayne Elizabeth weighs in on a new film that drops and because he doesn't like it, demands everyone be fired

Face it. Our President is a joke.

You didn't answer me the first time...
.... how's that wall?
.... and Hillary's prison cell?
.... and ISIS?

posted on Sep, 24 2017 @ 04:56 PM
link   

Are you prepared for a 5000 word essay on the amazing quality and volume of Mr. Trump's feculence?

If not, here it comes.

posted on Sep, 24 2017 @ 04:56 PM
link   
I wonder how differently this would have gone if people didnt blow this up so huge when it initially happened..And basically harping on it every chance thats gotten, the more people talk and fight about it, the more its going to happen. I dont see how Trump didnt know that what we saw in the last few days would create more fighting and more of it happening.

The vast majority of service members I know are siding with the rights of the NFL players to do exactly what they are doing, a peaceful and non harmful protest and think this is being far too overblown. I think its absolutely absurd that given all that is going on our President has been spending this entire weekend tweeting about the NFL.

It wasnt even until 2009 that (largely thanks to the Obama Administration giving millions to NFL teams to show patriotism) teams were required to come out of the locker room for the National Anthem. The huge majority of players and teams stayed in the locker room until the pre-game/anthem was completed.

Also the President, is the President. It doesnt matter which account of his, he is tweeting from. It comes from the same mind, same finger, if it was up to him he would probably only have his personal account.

posted on Sep, 24 2017 @ 04:57 PM
link   

I guess.

That's what I figured, I typed it though.

I'm most definitely a firm believer in that #windowslivesmatter whether it be McDonaldsWindowsLives or StarBucksWindowsLives, and I do - in fact - believe that (hashtag)#windowslivesmatter is worth typing out each, and every, time.

Ps I don't condone violent riots
#windowslivesmatters

Is there anything you don't know? How do we know you're not actually an AI who knows everything... you're playing it too fast and loose.

posted on Sep, 24 2017 @ 04:59 PM
link   

Are you prepared for a 5000 word essay on the amazing quality and volume of Mr. Trump's feculence?

If not, here it comes.

You could write a book of Donald Trump being - well, Donald Trump, but as they say... a picture is worth a thousand words, and just by the pictures with him and his daughter... you're looking at tens of thousands of words at least.

Thanks, I'll be here all night. (That's a pretty good joke by my standards lol)

top topics

<< 48  49  50    52  53  54 >>

join