It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

The Nazis' Yeti army in Antartica.

page: 2
<< 1    3  4  5 >>

join
share:

posted on Sep, 21 2017 @ 01:13 PM
link   
a reply to: starwarsisreal

The Nazis probably did have a go at establishing a base there. So many accounts from that era there must be something to it. In addition to so many top level Nazis finding their way to Argentina, maybe that was a stepping stone to the secret base.

posted on Sep, 21 2017 @ 01:25 PM
link   

originally posted by: nonspecific

originally posted by: Soloprotocol
Flown to the falklands in the 1940's...In what??...from where..??

my knowledge of aviation and ww2 is terrible.

Is the flying in a serious error and therefore a bold indication the story is fabricated?

I'll give you a good example of how difficult it was in 1982 to fly to the Falklands from the Acsension Islands. Operation Black buck

edit on 21-9-2017 by Soloprotocol because: (no reason given)

posted on Sep, 21 2017 @ 01:31 PM
link   

LOL at the first two posts being from rent-a-mods, bunch of mall cops.

Awesome thread OP, this is some good reading material!

Antarctica, especially during this time-frame, is very "interesting".

I think that there are some truths to the myths/stories

edit on 21-9-2017 by WhereAmEYE because: (no reason given)

posted on Sep, 21 2017 @ 01:35 PM
link   

Is the flying in a serious error and therefore a bold indication the story is fabricated?

I'll give you a good example of how difficult it was in 1982 to fly to the Falklands from the Acsension Islands. Operation Black buck

So if it is true they must have flown in from somwhere other than the Asension Islands then.

Any closer options back then you are aware of?

posted on Sep, 21 2017 @ 01:44 PM
link   
John Kerry just went to Antarctica, That seems a bit odd. This was when Trump was running for office.

posted on Sep, 21 2017 @ 01:45 PM
link   

originally posted by: starwarsisreal
a reply to: nonspecific

a reply to: knowledgehunter0986

a reply to: ufoorbhunter

While the story may be fabricated, the idea the Nazis found a secret warm area in Antarctica and set up a base there could be a possibility.

I do recall that Admiral Donitz mentioned how he was proud to build a sort of Shang-ri La in the other side of the world. He could be implying that he set up a base in Antarctica since Antarctica is on the other side of the world. Honestly though, I'm not sure if he really said it.

In Operation High Jump, Admiral Byrd sent a massive military force to Antarctica and it seems a bit strange for a so called scientific expedition since previous expeditions required less people.

Whatever the case Antarctica is one mysterious place.

The Nazis did build submarine pens in Norway, Trondheim. Known as DORA-1 and DORA-2. Those were made of concrete so strong, that explosives couldn't destroy them. The only option was to convert them into offices and a nightclub.

There is more information about the Antartica exploration missions:

en.wikipedia.org...

There are also oasis areas where no snow falls due to particular weather conditions:

en.wikipedia.org...
edit on 21-9-2017 by stormcell because: (no reason given)

posted on Sep, 21 2017 @ 01:48 PM
link   

So if it is true they must have flown in from somwhere other than the Asension Islands then.

Unless the plane was flown off a aircraft carrier near to the falklands, nope. If you are talking a aircraft carrier all the way to the falklands why not just skip out the falklands altogether and head straight for Antartica.

posted on Sep, 21 2017 @ 01:49 PM
link   
Schutzstaffel was only one 'S' in SS.

The other was Sasquatch.

posted on Sep, 21 2017 @ 01:50 PM
link   

Unless the plane was flown off a aircraft carrier near to the falklands, nope. If you are talking a aircraft carrier all the way to the falklands why not just skip out the falklands altogether and head straight for Antartica.

Good point.

Also having to grin at the fact that when faced with a story about Nazi bigfoots we are questioning the crediblity of the travel arrangments.

posted on Sep, 21 2017 @ 01:53 PM
link   
fairy easy to fly there from chile, about 3 hours flight will get you the fishing and whaling towns tthat where there in the 1900-1940s in something like a dc3. if i remember right the population used to be far larger then about 75,000 when whale products where still in demand and a fair bit of prospecting was ongoing as well.

posted on Sep, 21 2017 @ 01:54 PM
link   
I expect the author of this account got free drinks all night down at The Grapes when he won this particular bet.

posted on Sep, 21 2017 @ 01:55 PM
link   

originally posted by: IAMTAT
So far,...a very interesting story and fun thread.

FYI: 'Goose Stepping Yetis' would make a great name for a band.

Hmm....

Yoink!!

posted on Sep, 21 2017 @ 01:58 PM
link   

Great story but maybe your search function malfunctioned?

From 2008?
www.abovetopsecret.com...

posted on Sep, 21 2017 @ 02:00 PM
link   
John Kerry Antarctica's visit
www.cbsnews.com...

posted on Sep, 21 2017 @ 02:02 PM
link   

Phys.org posted an article recently about discoveries in antarctica made by australian scientists of warm caves hollowed out by volcanic steam that maybe as warm as 77 degrees fahrenheit and lit from sunlight filtering through the ice ceilings. I don't know how to post a link from my phone but it was this month(september) so it should be easy to find.
Now if you could just find a story that combines asteroids, elongated skulls and fukushima.

They also found dna they couldn't identify.

edit on 9/21/2017 by MissSmartypants because: info

posted on Sep, 21 2017 @ 02:05 PM
link   

originally posted by: suicideeddie
fairy easy to fly there from chile, about 3 hours flight will get you the fishing and whaling towns tthat where there in the 1900-1940s in something like a dc3. if i remember right the population used to be far larger then about 75,000 when whale products where still in demand and a fair bit of prospecting was ongoing as well.

Yeah, but how do you get to Chile from Gibraltar and how long would it take. Seems to me like one hell of a journey by plane.

posted on Sep, 21 2017 @ 02:11 PM
link   

Good point.

Also having to grin at the fact that when faced with a story about Nazi bigfoots we are questioning the crediblity of the travel arrangments.

Bigfoots travel arrangments or SAS guys?. Maybe they were on the same flight/Ship.?

They could just have met up in the canteen and sorted out their differences over a light luncheon and a game of whiff whaff.

posted on Sep, 21 2017 @ 02:19 PM
link   
a reply to: TonyS

I did look and nothing showed up so I posted it.

Besides not many people seem to know about this.

posted on Sep, 21 2017 @ 02:20 PM
link   
a reply to: Soloprotocol

The solution to that problem would appear to be to fly due south from Gibraltar, take a pit-stop at Tristan De Cunha then due west to Chile.

But since this entire story is complete balls it doesn't really matter. Yetis at the South Pole, ffs. What are they meant to eat?

posted on Sep, 21 2017 @ 02:21 PM
link   
I expect the author of this account got free drinks all night down at The Grapes when he won this particular bet.

Ulla Bar, David Garrick

edit on 21-9-2017 by Hurky1 because: (no reason given)

top topics

<< 1    3  4  5 >>

join