It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

The Nazis' Yeti army in Antartica.

page: 4
<< 1  2  3    5 >>

join
share:

posted on Sep, 21 2017 @ 05:31 PM
link   

originally posted by: WhereAmEYE
a reply to: starwarsisreal

I would love to have access to:

Nexus Magazine, Vol. 12, #5; August-September 2005

...that way I could follow their sources as that volume is the source for this article.

Lots of free-to-read Nexus articles here, although frankly you'd have to pay me to read any of them. Nexus has consistently been a box of donkey doo-dahs ever since it first appeared. It's fun and unpredictable, but that's about all it has in its favour.

It has more in common with The Weekly World News than any serious research journal, except Weekly World News is obviously put together by people who are having a whale of a time inventing outrageous stuff. Nexus is the sort of magazine that would claim Bat Boy is real and the Weekly World News is a disinfo project designed to make people think Bat Boy is fictitious. And they would then cite the existence of Mothman as supporting evidence.

posted on Sep, 21 2017 @ 05:48 PM
link   

Of course it's real.

posted on Sep, 21 2017 @ 05:59 PM
link   

originally posted by: nonspecific

my knowledge of aviation and ww2 is terrible.

Is the flying in a serious error and therefore a bold indication the story is fabricated?

A stripped B29 Stratofortress could have made the trip, it's not beyond the realms of possibility.

posted on Sep, 21 2017 @ 06:11 PM
link   

So that's what those things were supposed to be! I laughed so hard when I first saw that commercial and always wondered what those things were supposed to be lol.

posted on Sep, 21 2017 @ 06:36 PM
link   
The RAF had set a world record for uninterrupted flight in 1938, with a 11,520km flight from Egypt to Australia (!) in Vickers Wellesley.

Getting from Gibraltar to Tristan De Cunha is only 8,171km.

Stop off there, bit of shut-eye, tea and crumpets, quick sh1t, shower, and shave, and then it's back in the air.

And the Tristan De Cunha to Chile leg is only 5,215km.

It could easily be done during WWII. But, as I would like to repeat, in this case it was not done, because the story is an outrageous fabrication.

(Disclaimer: I have no relevant expertise and cribbed all the above facts from Wikipedia and a bit of idle googling. Except the one about this story being a lie, because even a child would hesitate to believe such total horsefeathers.)

posted on Sep, 21 2017 @ 07:59 PM
link   

originally posted by: audubon

originally posted by: WhereAmEYE

I would love to have access to:

Nexus Magazine, Vol. 12, #5; August-September 2005

...that way I could follow their sources as that volume is the source for this article.

Lots of free-to-read Nexus articles here, although frankly you'd have to pay me to read any of them. Nexus has consistently been a box of donkey doo-dahs ever since it first appeared. It's fun and unpredictable, but that's about all it has in its favour.

It has more in common with The Weekly World News than any serious research journal, except Weekly World News is obviously put together by people who are having a whale of a time inventing outrageous stuff. Nexus is the sort of magazine that would claim Bat Boy is real and the Weekly World News is a disinfo project designed to make people think Bat Boy is fictitious. And they would then cite the existence of Mothman as supporting evidence.

Great link there. This one on the underground Nazi city in Poland is fascinating:

www.nexusmagazine.com...

posted on Sep, 21 2017 @ 08:10 PM
link   

Tbh it sounds like a 4chan larper made this.

posted on Sep, 21 2017 @ 08:12 PM
link   
lots of people have picked things apart up to page three where i stopped reading posts and went back to the OP's link.
and i stopped reading the link when i saw this,
from the OP's link,

This occurred in late 1945-46, well before the world had heard of the 'big foot', 'yeti', or 'yowie' (as they are known in Australia).

you would think that the editor of Nexus would do a little fact checking before making such a asinine statement.

first the yeti has been reported in the Himalaya's by people before buddha, and reports by western countries as best i can recall started coming in during the 1800's.

big foot was known to native americans long before the europeans arrived, and had many names from different tribes. again if memory serves, reports from settlers started in the 1800's.

yowie was known in aborigine legends before european arrival, and first report from settlers was in 1795.

right off the bat story is bs.

i also know of one thing that no one has mentioned, the SAS was disbanded in October 1945 and a new one was formed called the 21st SAS Regiment (V) January 1947.

so if this took place in late 45 early 46, he was not in a SAS unit, well i suppose that the brits could have had members of the former SAS go but why would he say he was SAS, if he was really SAS during the war and knew that it was disbanded in in late 45, October is late in my mind. you know he even says that in Oct he got orders while in Palestine.

as i said i suppose the brits could of had former members of SAS and the "other" elite British forces train for a mission.lord knows that they had a butt load of em. but seeing what the editor said and knowing that most of these early spec ops were disbanded, just makes me say it a steamy pile of💩 .
edit on 21-9-2017 by hounddoghowlie because: (no reason given)

posted on Sep, 21 2017 @ 08:41 PM
link   
a reply to: stormcell

man you need to warn people about links that download a pdf. some folks don't like that 💩!

posted on Sep, 22 2017 @ 01:35 AM
link   
a reply to: butcherguy

He watched Dead Snow and changed the plot slightly.

posted on Sep, 22 2017 @ 02:55 AM
link   

originally posted by: OrbitalDecay

my knowledge of aviation and ww2 is terrible.

Is the flying in a serious error and therefore a bold indication the story is fabricated?

A stripped B29 Stratofortress could have made the trip, it's not beyond the realms of possibility.

11,000 KM.?

posted on Sep, 22 2017 @ 03:57 AM
link   
i am especialy amused by the :

" winter warfare " training

carried out in the falkland islands during the height of summer

posted on Sep, 22 2017 @ 05:03 AM
link   
The DC3 had a range of 1500 nauticaul miles which converts to 1.15*1500 american miles = 1725 american miles.

Here's a nice link explaining the math and a great picture of the DC3's range from west Africa to South America.

www.dc3airways.com...

Totally plausible.....the article didn't mention whether or they made stops, and many trans-global flights in that era did make stops. A route to the Falkland Islands would not be unfeasible.

Your Friend in Aviation

Jenkinswasher

posted on Sep, 22 2017 @ 05:13 AM
link   
a reply to: Jenkinswasher

yup it is POSSIBLE to fly to port stanley in october 1945 - please explain WHY it was nessecary ?

posted on Sep, 22 2017 @ 08:03 AM
link   
a reply to: paraphi

Oh. I didn't know Yet, but now that you have told me, I know Yet, is what it is. But since I haven't studied Yet, I don't know it yet.

posted on Sep, 22 2017 @ 03:32 PM
link   
www.theeventchronicle.com...
I found this link

posted on Sep, 22 2017 @ 08:23 PM
link   

originally posted by: TonyS

Great story but maybe your search function malfunctioned?

From 2008?
www.abovetopsecret.com...

Never read that thread before. Awesome, classic ATS.
edit on 22-9-2017 by InspectorGadget13 because: Damn you, Swipe keyboard

posted on Sep, 23 2017 @ 12:32 AM
link   

Maybe they were in fact prototype genetically modified mutant Aryan soldiers.

Teenage Mutant Aryan Soldiers, Teenage Mutant Aryan Soldiers!

While an entertaining read, this just smells of Wookiee poop. Particularly when Antarctica was nuked without notice. It sounds like a modern retake on Hollow Earth nazi fantasy.

posted on Sep, 23 2017 @ 12:44 AM
link   
Wasn't Admiral Byrd "supposedly" flying into the Agartha opening in Antarctica about this time? 1947 or so?

Strange that the Nazis and British hadn't found that, eh?

posted on Sep, 23 2017 @ 05:27 AM
link   

edit on 23-9-2017 by sedna9 because: (no reason given)

top topics

<< 1  2  3    5 >>

join