It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

'We're at war':CIR weaponizes Morgan Freeman in anti-Moscow hysteria

page: 9
<< 6  7  8    10  11 >>

join
share:

posted on Sep, 22 2017 @ 11:32 AM
link   
a reply to: kloejen

War makes money, but not for the ones fighting it.

posted on Sep, 22 2017 @ 01:23 PM
link   

originally posted by: ChildOfLoki
a reply to: JohnnyCanuck

I don't think we should let it go. I think we should handle it discreetly. Why rally everyone when we could utilize covert ops? It doesn't need to come to multiple deaths of our own, or theirs.

I don't see what's wrong with diplomatic responses for the Russians, and indictments for the Americans. What deaths? Unless you are proposing capital punishment for the traitors...not my call.

posted on Sep, 22 2017 @ 05:33 PM
link   
a reply to: JohnnyCanuck

My original point was that these hollywood types act as if they want to start conflict with Russia, but that could lead to war and death. If it absolutely comes down to it, I'd rather the governments play spy vs spy instead of waring it up.

posted on Sep, 22 2017 @ 05:58 PM
link   
a reply to: TonyS

Do you consider globalresearch.ca to be a Russian state media outlet? It is, you know. Just pay them a visit and see for yourself.

posted on Sep, 22 2017 @ 10:30 PM
link   
a reply to: DJW001

Do you have any proof its a Russian media outlet?
Imho you keep saying that against any website that does not fit your narrative, straying from the real discussion.
edit on 22/9/2017 by kloejen because: (no reason given)

posted on Sep, 23 2017 @ 05:13 AM
link   

originally posted by: kloejen

Imho you keep saying that against any website that does not fit your narrative, straying from the real discussion.

Globalresearch promotes the Kremlin's narrative verbatim. Why is that, do you suppose? Seriously. Why do you think globalresearch consistently twists news to fit the Kremlin's narrative. Why do you favor it over more objective media?

posted on Sep, 23 2017 @ 07:48 AM
link   

originally posted by: DJW001

originally posted by: kloejen

Globalresearch promotes the Kremlin's narrative verbatim. Why is that, do you suppose? Seriously. Why do you think globalresearch consistently twists news to fit the Kremlin's narrative. Why do you favor it over more objective media?

Once again, we just have to take your word for it?
When did i say i favor it over objective media?

posted on Sep, 23 2017 @ 08:27 AM
link   

Interesting. I can't say I have seen that site before. If this is an example of Russian propaganda, its not doing very well. It is out of Quebec, I see and seems to be typical mish mash of anti-American propaganda conspiracy stuff and yet they throw in Paul Craig Roberts. I would expect the French Canadians to be anti-American, but honestly, I don't see much of a Russian connection.

posted on Sep, 23 2017 @ 08:34 AM
link   
Tucker brilliantly points out that Hollywood censors and sells China movies without any of these hysterics despite China being our biggest "cyber threat".

posted on Sep, 23 2017 @ 08:42 AM
link   
a reply to: TonyS

Unless you skip every single form of critical thinking and start using abitrary labels to vilify the point of views you disagree with, globalresearch is definitly not a Russian site.

It is not even anti-american, as it just dares to be critical and avoid to fall for any belief in american exeptionalism.
Criticizing the US deep stae is defenitly not IMO a move that goes against the interest of the average americans, on the contrary.
I guess that by applying the same logic, criticizing Israel makes you an antisemite, criticizing corporations makes you a communist, ... Ideological simplification at its best. Best used when someone runs out of sensible arguments.

posted on Sep, 24 2017 @ 06:54 AM
link   
a reply to: theultimatebelgianjoke

What is the name of its owner? Look it up and post it here, please. (I know. I want you to have the honor.)

ETA: This is directed at Tony S, not Belgian Joke, who well knows.
edit on 24-9-2017 by DJW001 because: (no reason given)

posted on Sep, 24 2017 @ 03:15 PM
link   

A professor emeritus of economics at the University of Ottawa.

posted on Sep, 24 2017 @ 06:44 PM
link   

originally posted by: theultimatebelgianjoke

A professor emeritus of economics at the University of Ottawa.

His name and birthplace?

posted on Sep, 25 2017 @ 03:32 AM
link   

Why is the name and birthplace of particular individual more relevant than his academic credentials ?
How about his religion ?

posted on Sep, 25 2017 @ 05:02 AM
link   

Why is the name and birthplace of particular individual more relevant than his academic credentials ?
How about his religion ?

Why are you refusing to give a straight answer? I did not bring religion into it, you did. Why?

ETA: He is no longer a professor at the University of Ottowa. I wonder why?
edit on 25-9-2017 by DJW001 because: (no reason given)

posted on Sep, 25 2017 @ 06:06 AM
link   

Because it is utter hypocrisy to ask a question when you already know the answer.
And it is even more hypocrite to insinuate things about an individual because you are too embarassed to express obviously your own toughts.

I'd rather read what people write than take for granted any form of derogatory criticism.

posted on Sep, 25 2017 @ 06:33 AM
link   

Because it is utter hypocrisy to ask a question when you already know the answer.
And it is even more hypocrite to insinuate things about an individual because you are too embarassed to express obviously your own toughts.

I'd rather read what people write than take for granted any form of derogatory criticism.

I am doing this for the benefit of the other members here. The mobile device I am using does not have a copy/paste function, so I thought you might be willing to help them out. After all,/I wouldn't expect anyone to take my word for the fact that Michel Cossudovsky is well known for his anti-American and antisemitic views. He is the product of a Jewish-Catholic marriage... which may explain his twisted views on religion. Global research publishes polemics, not news, and generally repeats Russian propaganda verbatim. I have exposed their techniques in the Dissecting Disinformation Forum, where trolling is not welcome. Incidentally, my post was directed at Tony S, so I don't know why you have been taking it so personally.

posted on Sep, 25 2017 @ 06:37 AM
link   
So, Morgan Freeman declared war on Russia. He must really miss the Cold War. What's he going to do if they win? If they're so powerful they can influence our elections they're probably powerful enough to win a war against the US. God, I hate vodka.

posted on Sep, 25 2017 @ 06:42 AM
link   

It is for least naive to expect that your posts on a public forum would be aimed at a specific individual.

Does your version of critical thinking implies to dismiss statement because of third-party considerations ? Or do just you plan to think on behalf of others ?

posted on Sep, 25 2017 @ 05:57 PM
link   
a reply to: theultimatebelgianjoke

All I know is that whenever you join a thread,irrespective of topic, you drag Jewishness into it. Globalreserarch is an organ of Russian propaganda. It is not clear whether they receive funding from Moscow, but they certainly broadcast the Kremlin line. They are free to do this, but an intelligent consumer of information would quickly spot their bias... and lies.

As for burning books... remember what Heinrich Heine said.

top topics

<< 6  7  8    10  11 >>

join