It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

'We're at war':CIR weaponizes Morgan Freeman in anti-Moscow hysteria

page: 6
<< 3  4  5    7  8  9 >>

join
share:

posted on Sep, 20 2017 @ 02:12 PM
link   

originally posted by: DJW001
a reply to: LesMisanthrope

Wrong. It is based upon data I have been compiling. Try making your own observations. I can't sy anything more specific without violating T&C.

As anybody actually taken a good look at the website?
Committee to Investigate Russia

posted on Sep, 20 2017 @ 02:17 PM
link   

originally posted by: JohnnyCanuck
OK...so what would you call those Americans who may have worked with the Russians to further those aims?

You can attack that point of view from many sides. Some would call them heroes, some would call them patriots, and some would call them traitors.

What if a group of German people in the 1930's got help from an outside country to topple Hitlers election? Traitors, Heroes?

Either way, the US had 2 douchebags to choose from. The American "democratic"-process allowed this.
When surden people don't get their will, they are looking for scapegoats...

posted on Sep, 20 2017 @ 02:17 PM
link   
a reply to: JohnnyCanuck

What are your opinions on that site, specifically the part where Trump is said to be having the RNC paying his legal fees? WHO should be paying those fees for this investigation? And more importantly, when the results are in, who should be responsible for the entirety of the legal fees? (hint- it will be the US taxpayer, no matter the outcome, but as long as the lawyers are paid, it's all good)

posted on Sep, 20 2017 @ 02:19 PM
link   
a reply to: network dude

You want an answer to your question? As far as I'm aware Russia, as a foreign power, could not be charged with any crime in the US legal system. I'm sure there's a few crimes they could be charged with in the International Court. But as I stated earlier that's pretty much just a symbolic institution with no real bite.

Now, if it could be shown that there were Americans that were complicit with Russia's plan to undermine the US electoral process then I'm sure there's more than a few crimes they could be convicted of. Up to and including treason if the judge was in a hanging mood.

posted on Sep, 20 2017 @ 02:22 PM
link   
a reply to: kloejen

Just because I have a problem when Russia does it doesn't mean I condone it when the US does it. Both can be and are in the wrong when they do it.

posted on Sep, 20 2017 @ 02:23 PM
link   

The American "democratic"-process allowed this.

The American "democratic" process produces this same type election over and over and over again. One douchebag after another because all the process produces is a choice between the lesser of two evils. Its disgusting.

posted on Sep, 20 2017 @ 02:26 PM
link   

originally posted by: kloejen

OK...so what would you call those Americans who may have worked with the Russians to further those aims?

You can attack that point of view from many sides. Some would call them heroes, some would call them patriots, and some would call them traitors.
What if a group of German people in the 1930's got help from an outside country to topple Hitlers election? Traitors, Heroes?
Either way, the US had 2 douchebags to choose from. The American "democratic"-process allowed this.
When surden people don't get their will, they are looking for scapegoats...

This is not a rhetorical question. If Americans colluded with a foreign...certainly antagonistic if not outright enemy... power in order to influence the democratic process - what does that make them? Sure sounds like treason to me.

posted on Sep, 20 2017 @ 02:28 PM
link   
a reply to: Xcalibur254

Thats something we both agree on.
This russia-stole-my-election hysteria are getting out of proportion.

posted on Sep, 20 2017 @ 02:30 PM
link   

originally posted by: network dude

What are your opinions on that site, specifically the part where Trump is said to be having the RNC paying his legal fees? WHO should be paying those fees for this investigation? And more importantly, when the results are in, who should be responsible for the entirety of the legal fees? (hint- it will be the US taxpayer, no matter the outcome, but as long as the lawyers are paid, it's all good)

Lemme get back to you on that. Meanwhile, the taxpayer has been on the hook for 8 years of trying to dump Obamacare when the GOP knew it couldn't. Now that it can...it can't. I am not trying to deflect or change the subject, merely pointing out that there is tons of money to be pissed away on fool's errands. It's a mite incongruous to sharpen the pencil now.

posted on Sep, 20 2017 @ 02:59 PM
link   

Lemme get back to you on that. Meanwhile, the taxpayer has been on the hook for 8 years of trying to dump Obamacare when the GOP knew it couldn't. Now that it can...it can't. I am not trying to deflect or change the subject, merely pointing out that there is tons of money to be pissed away on fool's errands. It's a mite incongruous to sharpen the pencil now.

see, in the US we call that "Bureaucracy". Nobody likes it anymore than you do, but if you give it a nice name, it's easier to deal with. (you can't actually do anything about it)

posted on Sep, 20 2017 @ 03:03 PM
link   

originally posted by: Xcalibur254

Just because I have a problem when Russia does it doesn't mean I condone it when the US does it. Both can be and are in the wrong when they do it.

Which was my point. We usually don't know it's happening anywhere else in the world, but that doesn't change the fact that it still happens. And if we do it, how can we be all surprised and upset when it happens to us? But aside from all that, it seems what Russia did was make up some BS on social media, and highlight some really bad things in the DNC. (If they are to be blamed for the hack on Podesta, which is still not a fact)

So maybe it's because the guy I voted for won, but I just can't see why it should really bother me. maybe I'm missing something.

posted on Sep, 20 2017 @ 03:10 PM
link   

To me, the problem is the utter hypocrisy of the American public looking past the history of the CIA and the US military covertly toppling governments, staging coups, and meddling in the democratic elections of other countries even in recent years. The American people are apparently unable to keep their own attack dogs on a leash, so instead we go after the REAL BADDIES: Russia (or could it be ANYONE other than our own rogue agencies?)

The other problem is that we have the media trying to reduce the population's respect for our own democratically elected president to zero, and bring in celebrity figureheads who can advise the people who we are at war with. Personally, I think that war with Russia is an incredibly stupid idea (war is generally stupid, but war between nuclear superpowers even more so) and that we have NO MORAL LEG TO STAND ON demanding others behave when our own agencies are so freakishly out of control. This is what the world sees but is completely ignored by the US media.

Having celebs point their fingers at Russia will do NOTHING to increase awareness of the sins of our own republic, and I am afraid that this arrogance will eventually bring down the hammer of the rest of the world when they decide we are completely unable to be reasoned with.

posted on Sep, 20 2017 @ 03:11 PM
link   

see, in the US we call that "Bureaucracy". Nobody likes it anymore than you do, but if you give it a nice name, it's easier to deal with. (you can't actually do anything about it)

I don't see Congress as the Bureaucracy...they are the elected officials and they are the ones who were pissing away public funds in order to look good for their supporters. They make the decisions....the Bureaucrats get it done. If it can be done.

In this case, the elected officials have decided to call for investigation. It appears that's getting done, and it will be judged by its results.

So maybe it's because the guy I voted for won, but I just can't see why it should really bother me. maybe I'm missing something.
Easy enough to figure that out. If Clinton had won with all of this smoke hanging about, would you be interested in an investigation?

edit on 20-9-2017 by JohnnyCanuck because: yes!

posted on Sep, 20 2017 @ 03:38 PM
link   

“Brainwashing” and “propaganda machine” – that gives just a flavor of the Twitter reactions to Morgan Freeman’s anti-Russian video. To be charitable, the video does not seem to have had the desired effect on social media: some users have gone as far as saying they have lost respect for the Hollywood star.

---snip---

Freeman’s comments, leveled at “Russia's continuing attacks on our [US] democracy” have created quite a stir on Twitter. People said that the ‘democracy’ statement is pure hypocrisy, as the US has been at war with and interfering in the affairs of many other states, such as Libya, Ukraine and Iraq.

And as hololeap mentioned .. the French election.

Talking about backlash ? Hope the money was worth it Morgan

RT: #StopMorganLie: Twitterati disappointed in Freeman after his ‘War with Russia’ video
edit on 20/9/2017 by kloejen because: (no reason given)

posted on Sep, 20 2017 @ 04:15 PM
link   

originally posted by: hololeap

To me, the problem is the utter hypocrisy of the American public looking past the history of the CIA and the US military covertly toppling governments, staging coups, and meddling in the democratic elections of other countries even in recent years. The American people are apparently unable to keep their own attack dogs on a leash, so instead we go after the REAL BADDIES: Russia (or could it be ANYONE other than our own rogue agencies?)

The other problem is that we have the media trying to reduce the population's respect for our own democratically elected president to zero, and bring in celebrity figureheads who can advise the people who we are at war with. Personally, I think that war with Russia is an incredibly stupid idea (war is generally stupid, but war between nuclear superpowers even more so) and that we have NO MORAL LEG TO STAND ON demanding others behave when our own agencies are so freakishly out of control. This is what the world sees but is completely ignored by the US media.

Having celebs point their fingers at Russia will do NOTHING to increase awareness of the sins of our own republic, and I am afraid that this arrogance will eventually bring down the hammer of the rest of the world when they decide we are completely unable to be reasoned with.

Bravo, Sir. Left or Right: It's ALL virtual signalling if we ain't focused on what we've become. We can talk about walls and bathrooms later, we need to clean up our own crimes and sold-out political system first. Babies everywhere will thank us.

And we can look in the mirror and not be big fat hypocrites arguing about the wrong issues for the immediate present.

posted on Sep, 20 2017 @ 05:54 PM
link   

If RT says it, it must be true. Pay no attention to the man behind the curtain.

posted on Sep, 20 2017 @ 05:56 PM
link   

originally posted by: TonyS

The American "democratic"-process allowed this.

The American "democratic" process produces this same type election over and over and over again. One douchebag after another because all the process produces is a choice between the lesser of two evils. Its disgusting.

And that is the story the Kremlin is telling.

posted on Sep, 20 2017 @ 06:15 PM
link   
Are you now or have you ever had contact with Russian officials....seems I heard something similar in the 1950's while rooting out communists in Hollywood. More things change the more they stay the same it appears.

posted on Sep, 20 2017 @ 06:27 PM
link   

originally posted by: Grambler

originally posted by: SaturnFX

originally posted by: Grambler

I don't believe criticizing a propaganda video that claims we are at war with russia is the same thing as saying Putin is the greatest guy in the world.

Oh hell, I have seen ppl around these parts fawn over Putin for ages (and I reckon you have also). His hardline stance on all things from the gays to stomping out protests, etc...a authoritarians dream boy.

There isn't a Lib v Conservative only now, its also the authoritarian v libertarian and that seems more divided than the old left v right...(or at least should be)

Please quote me fawning over putin.

I reckon you have also = I reckon you have seen such posts also..not participated in such stuff.

Just in case you were however asking I show you where some were...
PvO

posted on Sep, 20 2017 @ 06:28 PM
link   

originally posted by: Revolution9
Please check out that movie

Seen it in theaters..good flick actually.

new topics

top topics

<< 3  4  5    7  8  9 >>

join