It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

'We're at war':CIR weaponizes Morgan Freeman in anti-Moscow hysteria

page: 8
<< 5  6  7    9  10  11 >>

join
share:

posted on Sep, 21 2017 @ 03:52 PM
link   

originally posted by: TonyS
a reply to: DJW001

O...............K.......see: www.abovetopsecret.com...

Oh, BTW, you can find plans on the internet for the proper placement of mirrors on your baseboards so you can spot Russians hiding under your bed. You might want to look at that..........you can never be sure there isn't one there!

So... are you saying that Russia does not engage in agitprop, or are you saying that propaganda is not effective?

In Russia, the state controlled media constantly reassure the people that everything is good and getting better. (Why alcoholism would be such a problem if everything is so great is beyond me.) In the United States, the media are free to criticize the government without fear. In Russia, journalists who report on government misdeeds wind up dead. In this country, they often become heroes. If a candidate opposes the ruling party in Russia, they somehow turn out to be in violation of an obscure law and wind up under house arrest. In this country, the losing candidate goes on talk shows. But that is beside the point.

It looks like you have found kindred spirits here at ATS. I hope that you are all banding together and making plans to change the system. Unlike Russia, you are free to do that here.

posted on Sep, 21 2017 @ 04:03 PM
link   
a reply to: kloejen

These assholes are making war between super powers an ever increasing reality.

If it happens they will flee the country and return if we come out on top.

They are blind and dumb. I dont know where they think they will go. Europe will become a hell hole and maybe Asia will become the new center of the world. Who knows.

They wont like the US very much in a real war situation, that is certain.

edit on 9 21 2017 by tadaman because: (no reason given)

posted on Sep, 21 2017 @ 04:44 PM
link   

I would hazard a guess to the effect that Russia has engaged in disinformation campaigns in Ukraine and Lithuania and possibly even Poland to attempt to sway elections. In this case, by "Russia" I'd be suggesting agents of disinformation operating out of their Foriegn Intelligence service, i.e., direct Government employees.

It appears to me the nearest thing we got to that in the US were Putin afficianado civilians operating as a happy band of hackers making up phony stories and spinning them out as "news" on Facebook and possibly other social media outlets like Twitter or blog spots they set up. Problem with that is that their "stories" are usually so ham handed and without source that even the least astute Millenial could see through it and they had no effect whatsoever on how individual people voted in the election. In fact their stories had less effect than the "Unnamed Sources" and "Anonymous Sources" baloney that came out of the Washington Post and CNN. Many of which such stories had to be "corrected" or "retracted".

But let us cut to the chase here. "Free" press is a relatively new concept to the Russians, (if they really have that at all and I'm not sure they do). They just don't get one all important fact about the US American public. Generations of Americans have been bombarded with Madison Ave. ads, "buy this soap and your wrinkles will disappear", "take this blue pill and your male member will double in size and firmness in 2 weeks", etc. What the Russians don't get is the fact that at least a majority of Americans believe little if anything they see on the TV! So even if the Russians pelted out stories to the effect that "Hilary Clinton in league with Satan to set up gas chambers for political opponents in Iowa".............nobody would believe it.

But lets look at something else. Facebook says they found where they got $100,000.00 for ad space that looks questionable? How much ad space does $100,000.00 buy?

So yea, I'm saying.....not effective and barely present.

As for changes? That's going to have to start from a grass roots movement, kind of like "Taxed Enough Already" to gain any traction whatsoever and with Trump in office, I don't see that happening unless there's a "Convention of the States", and that doesn't seem to be gaining much steam either.

posted on Sep, 21 2017 @ 06:06 PM
link   
a reply to: TonyS

So you are buying the Kremlin's story that it was patriotic "private citizens?" Why? Social media spreads content among circles of like minded individuals. One fake news story can get reposted one hundred thousand times. So what does $100,000.00 buy you? Ten million reposts. The millenials were not the target audience.

posted on Sep, 21 2017 @ 06:21 PM
link   
a reply to: tadaman

Problem is there still are old warhawks in Washington who want that "final battle" with Russia. Not realising it will destroy major parts of the planet.

These psychopaths needs to be in check! They are on both sides i agree.

But the recent 2-3 years i have heard nothing but false accusations, crappy lies and horrendous allegations against Russia, without a shred of evidence.

If this US rhetoric is being allowed to continue, then they will have their war, and then its game over.. for most of us!

Have you ever heard similar rhetoric from Moscow ? Post cold war that is ?

posted on Sep, 21 2017 @ 06:27 PM
link   

originally posted by: theultimatebelgianjoke

Was the DNC working for the Kremlin when they rigged their own primaries ?

DNC argues in court: We don't owe anyone a fair primary process

If that is not "undermining the confidence of the Americans in their political institutions" ... I don't know what you need.

Im pretty sure they didnt. But either they allowed it to be screwed up, or just hired mrs clinton to set up the DNC server? Do you remember the password ?

It also smells ot the good ole tactic of Plausible deniability.
If we # it up, we can always blame someone else.

Dont forget that the DNC party worked against Bernie Sanders.

The aftermath is just finger pointing, like in a kindergarten.

posted on Sep, 21 2017 @ 06:38 PM
link   

originally posted by: Xcalibur254

Not that I doubt such a scenario happened, but do you have a better source than Global Research?

Oh man! Just because they made one mistake, and corrected it, does not mean they are in collusion with [insert favorite bad guy here]
Strawman argumentation.

But ok, since you asked:
Americans can spot election meddling because they’ve been doing it for years

Irrefutable Proof: Russian Election Meddling Documented!

The U.S. is no stranger to interfering in the elections of other countries

Or you could just go duckyducky... or the old way, google, "yeltsin us meddling"

posted on Sep, 21 2017 @ 06:39 PM
link   

But if CNN makes one mistake....

posted on Sep, 21 2017 @ 06:45 PM
link   

originally posted by: DJW001

But if CNN makes one mistake....

One ?

I will

rest

my case
edit on 21/9/2017 by kloejen because: (no reason given)

posted on Sep, 21 2017 @ 11:32 PM
link   
Russia did some shady stuff. And? Do the people making a big stink of it want a war? I believe the expression is "put up or shut up".There is a reason why America doesn't pursue hostile action when other countries do stuff like this. China steals our secrets all the time. Russia meddles. X other countries, including America do the same. Let sleeping dogs lie. Besides, not one of these Hollywood blowhards would have to fight in a war if it came down to it, so I don't think they should be poking the bear. I guess it's easy to start a fight when someone else will take the blows. S&F for OP.

posted on Sep, 21 2017 @ 11:37 PM
link   
a reply to: ChildOfLoki

The US Economy is again on the brink of collapse.

What do you think could save it ?

posted on Sep, 21 2017 @ 11:39 PM
link   

EMPTYING OUT AREA 51!

what?
YOU asked...

posted on Sep, 22 2017 @ 12:24 AM
link   
I saw Rob Reiner on Tucker Carlson. He looked pretty bad. Tucker had him stumbling over himself trying to explain why Russia was more of a threat than China. And why Liberals are in bed with some Neocons on this issue.

edit on 22-9-2017 by pavil because: (no reason given)

edit on 22-9-2017 by pavil because: (no reason given)

posted on Sep, 22 2017 @ 02:37 AM
link   

Propaganda works and every country engages in it. The king of propaganda, though, is the USA.

posted on Sep, 22 2017 @ 05:49 AM
link   

originally posted by: UKTruth

Propaganda works and every country engages in it. The king of propaganda, though, is the USA.

Thank you for admitting that the United States is actually good at something.

posted on Sep, 22 2017 @ 06:19 AM
link   
Yay the cold war is back apparently! So happy my son will also get to grow up in fear of Nuclear war.

posted on Sep, 22 2017 @ 09:15 AM
link   

originally posted by: ChildOfLoki
Russia did some shady stuff. And? Do the people making a big stink of it want a war? I believe the expression is "put up or shut up".

Sure, Russia's gonna play the game...same as the US.
What do you think happens in other countries when their nationals are caught trying to disrupt an election on behalf of a foreign power? What do you figure Putin does when any of his people are found to be messing with what they laughably call 'elections', on behalf of America?

I'm not suggesting that those Americans who were colluding with the Russians during the 2016 election cycle ought to have an encounter with "nine grammes of lead"...but neither should they get away with it. And I would seriously question the patriotism of anybody who is willing to let it go.
Just sayin', eh?

posted on Sep, 22 2017 @ 10:13 AM
link   

Right, have it your way. Keep drinking the Leftist Kool Aide that the Russians hacked the election and that anyone who deplored Clinton its a tool of Russian propaganda. But keep this in mind. The MSM is nothing but Leftist propaganda............so essentially, its all propaganda. Its just a question of which one you run with.

ETA: can you provide a link to a story that was the product of the Russians that isn't one of their websites like Sputnick, Pravda, etc.
edit on 22-9-2017 by TonyS because: ETA

posted on Sep, 22 2017 @ 10:23 AM
link   
What hysteria? This is as dignified and quiet as an investigation of a president and his crooked cronies can be.

posted on Sep, 22 2017 @ 11:30 AM
link   
a reply to: JohnnyCanuck

I don't think we should let it go. I think we should handle it discreetly. Why rally everyone when we could utilize covert ops? It doesn't need to come to multiple deaths of our own, or theirs.

top topics

<< 5  6  7    9  10  11 >>

join