It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Looks Like Hurricane MARIA Will Soon Be a Threat.

page: 7
<< 4  5  6    8 >>

join
share:

posted on Sep, 20 2017 @ 07:27 AM
link   
Any word on how St. Croix is doing? Maria either hit it, or passed really close.

posted on Sep, 20 2017 @ 07:44 AM
link   
a reply to: AndyFromMichigan

I seen some videos on the weather channel this morning and they are still been hit by the winds.

posted on Sep, 20 2017 @ 07:46 AM
link   
As expected a direct impact to PR cordillera is weakening Maria the eye is hard to spot now, but the winds are still a category 4 winds.

posted on Sep, 20 2017 @ 09:02 AM
link   
a reply to: marg6043

I hope your family are in a safe place Marg. My prayers are with the people of Puerto Rico and the islands.

posted on Sep, 20 2017 @ 10:08 AM
link   

originally posted by: marg6043
As expected a direct impact to PR cordillera is weakening Maria the eye is hard to spot now, but the winds are still a category 4 winds.

I hope Puerto Rico will be the last/final landfall for Maria. A lot of aid and assistance will be needed, and resources may be worn thin from Irma.

posted on Sep, 20 2017 @ 10:14 AM
link   
Obviously this is the climate's revenge for Trump pulling out of the Paris deal... even though the Paris deal wasn't going to fix anything.

Hilarious that Macron said he refuses to renegotiate it. So he's dedicated to doing nothing. Where's the outrage?

posted on Sep, 20 2017 @ 12:38 PM
link   
Any damage reports from Puerto Rico yet?

posted on Sep, 20 2017 @ 12:48 PM
link   

originally posted by: carewemust
Any damage reports from Puerto Rico yet?

Given that a million people lost power after Irma just barely brushed past them, I'm wondering if Maria is going to knock out power to the whole damn island.

I was just reading something that said it's been 80 years since a Cat4 hurricane hit Puerto Rico.

They are not ready.
edit on 20-9-2017 by AndyFromMichigan because: (no reason given)

posted on Sep, 20 2017 @ 12:54 PM
link   
Looks like I was right!

I swear I didn't look this up until after I made the post above.

Puerto Rico completely without power as Maria rages.

Puerto Rican emergency officials are reporting that 100 percent of the island is without power.

posted on Sep, 20 2017 @ 01:52 PM
link   
Thanks everybody for your well wishes,

My parents are doing fine, they have a generator, they lost power After Hugo for months, then it was sporadic.

They have been living in the same house since the 60s and the house had taken many tropical storms and a few hurricanes.

My Brother finally called me using his government Satellite phone, lost of debris, in his backyard, his back door almost broke from its frame because the pressure inside the house, and he can see doors in the streets from other homes.

His terrace drainage got plugged and the water from the rain ran into the house from the second floor down the stairs to the front door, but because they house is block and cement with tile floors as many constructions in PR it didn't cause damage.

He had storm shutters and that save the glass windows that he had all over the house.

The damage you see on the news in San Juan of roofs been pulled from houses is due to the fact that is still many old homes that their roofs are made of wood, concrete roofs can stand hurricanes.

The main highway that connects the east to the north of the Island is pretty new but debris and flooding is making traveling impossible.

We don't know how El Yunque is doing yet, it was closed to traffic after Irma and we know it got devastated after Hugo.

Lost of mud slide due to the Island mountains rage and valleys.

Perhaps the aid we get will help restore the Old power plant and perhaps build another one, that is the problem with the electricity in PR that economic problems made impossible to fix the infrastructure.

posted on Sep, 20 2017 @ 02:03 PM
link   
a reply to: AndyFromMichigan
They said the entire island, 100%, has no power

edit on 20-9-2017 by violet because: (no reason given)

posted on Sep, 20 2017 @ 02:13 PM
link   
a reply to: violet

Yes, that is true, during Hugo it happen too, the main power plant in the Island Palo Alto has been off the grid for a while because the government doesn't have the funds to repair the plant, they have been feeding the island from two supplemental ones.

Hopefully this time the government will use some of the Federal aid to fix Palo Alto.

But as usual it is the money mismanagement that have PR now under Bankruptcy protection. The government retirement fund is bigger than the one the US have in many of their biggest cities.

That is incredible waste and abuse.

posted on Sep, 20 2017 @ 08:18 PM
link   
Well it seems that phones are down, that include land line and mobile.

I called my brother again and he was able to move around the neighborhood to help clean up some of the debris in the road, but once outside the gate he said the Marina no longer there, Maria has destroyed the entire place, used to be beautiful, and the boats are scattered all over the main street.

The town of Fajardo that's the town I was born, the Rio Fajardo inundated all the way to the downtown, the Mayor spend the day in the Town hall and had to be rescued because the flood.

Is curfew at 6:00 and my brother has not been able to communicate with my parents.

Tomorrow he will attempt to drive to Rio Grande too check on them and my husband's parent that live nearby, now Rio Grande have the Rio Grande of Loiza river one of the biggest rivers in the Island that comes up from the El Junque rain forest so is not known how bad the river has over flood yet.

hope fully tomorrow I will have more news on the situation in the Island.

So far no fatalities around my brothers area that he knows about.
edit on 20-9-2017 by marg6043 because: (no reason given)

posted on Sep, 20 2017 @ 10:31 PM
link   
it looks as if the high-pressure cells on the SE Atlantic Coast is the system causing Maria to stay off-shore and sort of follow the Gulf Stream Current some 100+ miles of the Fla-Ga-SC coasts

there is a low pressure cell under-cutting the high pressure cell around SC in the Thursday PM
which might allow Maria to get much closer to the USA continental land mass than what is presently forecasted, say 30-50 miles offshore instead of 150-250 miles out-at-sea... the weather people will plot new courses as Thursday turns into Friday with the hurricane still centered about due- East off Sebastian Inlet Florida... Sunday the hurricane is about due east of Jacksonville Fla but might be taking aim at Savannah Ga/Charleston SC... as the USA high pressure cells weaken & the hurricane force & momentum causes the Storm to drift westward before it is north of 'Outer Banks', NC

just looking at 10 day weather cells for east of the Mississippi to the Atlantic coast

edit on th30150596470720312017 by St Udio because: (no reason given)

posted on Sep, 20 2017 @ 10:40 PM
link   
a reply to: St Udio

Thank-you for that insight. It makes sense. Here in Chicago, it was 94 degrees today and is expected to stay around 90 degrees for the next 5 days. When that happens HERE in September, it means that there's no cold front marching across to country push Maria out to sea, the way the last cold front did to hurricane Jose.

posted on Sep, 21 2017 @ 12:42 AM
link   
It's terrible what that hurrucane did to PR & Dominica. Mother Nsture is one nasty bitch.
Puerto Rico looks in bad shape. No power for months they say.

I hope you can find out about your parents and in- laws.

posted on Sep, 21 2017 @ 12:48 AM
link   
Maria is supposed to reach cat 3 status in next 24 hrs

Maria is moving away from the northwestern coast of Puerto
Rico, and strong winds and storm surge flooding should continue to
subside through early Thursday. However, heavy rainfall is expected
to continue, and catastrophic flash flooding is occurring on the
island, especially in areas of mountainous terrain. Everyone in
Puerto Rico should continue to follow advice from local officials to
avoid these life-threatening flooding conditions.

www.nhc.noaa.gov...
t

posted on Sep, 21 2017 @ 12:53 AM
link   

I sincerely hope your parents (and your husband's parents) are OK Marg. I've visited Puerto Rico and it is a beautiful island... What a wicked hurricane season it's been.

edit on 9-21-2017 by Springer because: (no reason given)

posted on Sep, 21 2017 @ 08:00 AM
link   
a reply to: violet

Thanks violet, I was worry, for them but been able to talk to my brother gave me comfort.

posted on Sep, 21 2017 @ 08:06 AM
link   
a reply to: Springer

Thanks, Springer, I got news this morning at 7:30 my nephew In Rio Grande called me the mobile services is back at least for the area my family lives, my husband was able to call his parents.

They are doing fine.

Electricity is going to be a big problem as yesterday my brother walking around his neighborhood said that most of the electricity polls that are still over ground are all over the roads.

PR will need a lot of financial help for this one.

top topics

<< 4  5  6    8 >>

join