It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Looks Like Hurricane MARIA Will Soon Be a Threat.

page: 4
<< 1  2  3    5  6  7 >>

join
share:

posted on Sep, 18 2017 @ 07:18 PM
link   

originally posted by: Phage
a reply to: DancedWithWolves

It's likely to be bad. But not really bad.
www.nhc.noaa.gov...

How the hell can a cat 5 hurricane not be considered really bad?

posted on Sep, 18 2017 @ 07:24 PM
link   
a reply to: jaynkeel
Sorry, I was meaning for Puerto Rico.
I am looking at this:
www.nhc.noaa.gov...

And should have said "maybe."

posted on Sep, 18 2017 @ 07:31 PM
link   
Gotcha. Either way its fixing to be a very costly year, both in lives lost and local economies.

posted on Sep, 18 2017 @ 07:47 PM
link   
a reply to: Phage

Lots of concrete homes with flat roofs in Puerto Rico but the power grid has been severely under maintained due to fiscal problems. Maria is tracking too far south and will have too large a wind field for them to recover without international aid.

posted on Sep, 18 2017 @ 07:52 PM
link   
PR only had 4 category 5 Hurricanes in recorded History that goes back to the 1800s.

The weather channel changed their record on PR hurricanes hit with the right information this time.

The last big Hurricane was Hugo.

My brother is ready they expect the sea to bring 9 feet of water in land in his area.

He is ok he lives in a hill facing the sea.

posted on Sep, 18 2017 @ 07:55 PM
link   
a reply to: Cauliflower

Yes you are right, my brother said that is too much politics to get anything done with the state of affairs right now.

It took years to recover after Hugo, this time is going to be worst with only one power plant supplying the entire Island with power.

I can see PR filling for bankruptcy for sure.

posted on Sep, 18 2017 @ 08:30 PM
link   

originally posted by: carewemust
a reply to: violet

Just heard that Maria has been upgraded to a category 4 storm now.

I just checked my weather app it's a cat 5!
I'll look on NHC

edit on 18-9-2017 by violet because: (no reason given)

posted on Sep, 18 2017 @ 08:33 PM
link   
a reply to: marg6043

This is likely to spur some debate about the Paris climate change agreement.

Under pressure from the rich nations, the preamble of the Paris Agreement says the loss and damage mechanism “does not involve or provide a basis for any liability or compensation”.

posted on Sep, 18 2017 @ 08:38 PM
link   

...MARIA MAKES LANDFALL ON DOMINICA AS A CATEGORY 5 HURRICANE

9:35 PM AST Mon Sep 18
Moving: WNW at 9 mph
Min pressure: 924 mb
Max sustained: 160 mph

NHC

posted on Sep, 18 2017 @ 08:53 PM
link   
i live in puerto rico island, irma was stipulated to hit our island and it took an incredible turn and headed northwest to florida. It was supposed to ht us %100 and it only gave us a tropical depression. Maria is apparently going right in the middle of our island an dim just hoping it doesnt wipe us out of the map like irma did to barbudas;

posted on Sep, 18 2017 @ 08:54 PM
link   

It will hit my home island puerto rico in category 5 and i still recall hugo in 1998 category 3 and made years of damage.

posted on Sep, 18 2017 @ 08:59 PM
link   
a reply to: Cauliflower

John Kerry is already making news on his clima change this will play well on all those that had invested millions on Clima change scams as usual because somebody needs to make money out of the misery of others and they don't have an inch of compassion they are all driven by profit makings.

Shameful.

posted on Sep, 18 2017 @ 09:04 PM
link   
The Prime Minister of Dominica is posting about Maria hitting now. He has reportedly been rescued but I can only imagine what people there are going through based on his posts. Wow.

posted on Sep, 18 2017 @ 09:06 PM
link   
a reply to: alienati

What area are you located in PR, My parents live in Rio Grande and my brother between Ceiba and Fajardo in the gated area in front of the Marina were Sargazo used to be.

edit on 18-9-2017 by marg6043 because: (no reason given)

posted on Sep, 18 2017 @ 09:15 PM
link   
a reply to: DancedWithWolves

Thanks for sharing that. I hope everyone in Dominica is in a safe location right now. Since they get so many hurricanes, there should be no shortage of shelters there.

posted on Sep, 18 2017 @ 10:06 PM
link   

This morning it was only predicted to reach category 4....yet now Maria is a Cat-5 in intensity. Looks like the weather prediction models need updating to take into account global warming, eh?

posted on Sep, 18 2017 @ 10:19 PM
link   

originally posted by: alienati

It will hit my home island puerto rico in category 5 and i still recall hugo in 1998 category 3 and made years of damage.

I'm so sorry this is happening to your home

Stay safe.

posted on Sep, 18 2017 @ 10:23 PM
link   

originally posted by: carewemust

This morning it was only predicted to reach category 4....yet now Maria is a Cat-5 in intensity. Looks like the weather prediction models need updating to take into account global warming, eh?

The weather is intensifying around the globe for sure.

posted on Sep, 18 2017 @ 10:39 PM
link   
a reply to: carewemust

Lee was a hurricane that came off the African coast last week. It has died in the eastern atlantic way out there.
Katia went over the Yucatan peninsula as I think a cat one. That was while Irma was wrecking Florida.

posted on Sep, 18 2017 @ 10:57 PM
link   

originally posted by: Sillyolme
a reply to: carewemust

Lee was a hurricane that came off the African coast last week. It has died in the eastern atlantic way out there.
Katia went over the Yucatan peninsula as I think a cat one. That was while Irma was wrecking Florida.

I think we've now passed the PEAK of the Hurricane season. Unless something has changed with the air/ocean currents and temps, we should see a reduced number of tropical depressions...and more of them acting like LEE did.

new topics

top topics

<< 1  2  3    5  6  7 >>

join