It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

NEWS: North Korea Admits It Has Nukes

page: 5
<< 2  3  4    6 >>

join
share:

posted on Feb, 10 2005 @ 02:26 PM
link   
The way I'm looking at this is that North Korea is not intent on starting a nuclear war, they are intent on wielding a lot more power at the bargining table. They want serious concessions, and they believe the way to get them is to appear to be on a level playing field with the others at the table. They want Russia, China and the US to realize they are no longer negotiating with a child, and they feel that public declaration of their nuclear capabilities is the best way to achieve this.

I seriously believe that if they aren't provoked, they will not attack. But if they aren't taken serious, they'll raise the stakes again by detonating one of them.

posted on Feb, 10 2005 @ 02:28 PM
link   
Until Kim gets much more of the new Taepodong-2 he doesn't have much real deterence to project on American soil, so if the u.s.a government is to attack North-Korea they should do it now (from a strategical point of few)

...Hoever, North-Korea could possible retaliate on usa allies , like leveling cities such as Tokyo and Seoul, anybody think that is an acceptable price ?

What happens if the usa government just sits back and chill out on the porch with a protein shake, allowing Nkore potentially to develope more long range missiles and nukes and sell the tec to iran etc?
Would Amercia be pre-emptively nuked by the North-Korean and iran? Or are they just minding there own bussiness free from the obnoxious policeman ?

How about Kim dies a natural cause, just like arafat (ok, some people debate that), let gravity do the work and possibly some new people stand with a more moderate view of the world...?

[edit on 10-2-2005 by Countermeasures]

posted on Feb, 10 2005 @ 02:29 PM
link   
Russia will not allow U.S. to stike a nation so close to it, 2. U.S. knows if they try anything SanFransisco, L.A. is gone.

posted on Feb, 10 2005 @ 02:31 PM
link   

Originally posted by FredT

Now if the US had moved nuclear armed B-2 to say Diego Garcia, Moved F-117, a few CBG etc etc then I could see your point. However, the US has removed some troops from SK.

We moved this stuff to Guam. Closer and better approach to NK from there. One might also perceive the withdrawl of our own troops from the theatre as a preperation, might even go so far as to say provocation.

But I don't believe we will start with the stick. I believe it will be the carrot, and I believe we will ask that the larger international community provide it.

[edit on 2/10/2005 by phreak_of_nature]

posted on Feb, 10 2005 @ 02:34 PM
link   
.....But we all fear that crazy Kim or a mad mullah might don't care about MAD or AD and launches anyway.....

About Kim I don't know, he is shrewd, but he has all the sign of a sycophant, the Mullahs in Iran seem much more rational and caring about their own people/culture than Kim, I don't think they want to throw that away in a nuclear war...

[edit on 10-2-2005 by Countermeasures]

posted on Feb, 10 2005 @ 02:34 PM
link   
This IS what would happen if U.S. tried to attack N.Korea in a conventional matter, P.S. What I ment about Frisco and L.A. was N.Korean will make both them cities go bey, bey. rense.com...

[edit on 10-2-2005 by SiberianTiger]

posted on Feb, 10 2005 @ 02:37 PM
link   

Originally posted by SiberianTiger
This IS what would happen if U.S. tried to attack N.Korea in a conventional matter rense.com...

This looks like a typical North Korean propaganda job to me. Wage total war with what? Yes on the DMZ they are formidable, but beyond that confines of the Korean penninsula?????

This is even more rhetoric than your usual ST. Once again we are challanged by your unique spin on things.

Edit: I love the part where he waxed peotically about the surperiority of the Mig21 over the F-14 and F-15

[edit on 2/10/05 by FredT]

posted on Feb, 10 2005 @ 02:39 PM
link   
Didn't you just read what the U.S. General said in the article?

posted on Feb, 10 2005 @ 02:41 PM
link   

Originally posted by phreak_of_nature
[We moved this stuff to Guam. Closer and better approach to NK from there. One might also perceive the withdrawl of our own troops from the theatre as a preperation, might even go so far as to say provocation.

I can't rember if both sites have the hangers for the B-2's. They can stage from the CONUS if need be, but I think, think mind you, that Diego has a much bigger infrastructure to handle the B-2. The B-1 and 52's would fit nearly anywhere. I could also see India letting us use some of thier bases as well as Kadena AFB and lets not forget Saipan or Iwo Jima etc etc

posted on Feb, 10 2005 @ 02:43 PM
link   

Originally posted by SiberianTiger
Didn't you just read what the U.S. General said in the article?

Yes, i did, I can read exeptionaly fast. All I have to say on the issue is CONTEXT CONTEXT CONTEXT. Much like Cope India, commanders will say things if they feel the ned for funding and the like.

posted on Feb, 10 2005 @ 02:46 PM
link   
Gen.Thomas Schwartz "North Korea is the country most likely to invole The U.S. in a large scale- war. -U.S. congressional hearing March 7, 2000.

posted on Feb, 10 2005 @ 03:40 PM
link   

Originally posted by Muaddib
oh sure, let's stand by while other rogue nations also get their hands on more nuclear weapons.

- Hang on.

Nothing has happened other than some claims have been made by a government you wouldn't believe anything they had to say about anything anyway.

How come you so want to believe this claim?

Hey let's stand by as Kim continues making threats

- ....and what threats has he/they made, exactly?
Cos everything I see posted here about what he/they has to say is all put in terms of "if we are attacked".

I've yet to see anything substantiating this idea that he/they are in the habit of making simple threats.

I mean he is not going to do anything right?

- Why would they 100% guaranteed suicide their nation for no reason?

Even Hitler didn't do that not even right at the end (and they could have done with their Sarin gas and the promised British anthrax retaliation).

.... It is not like he has atomic weapons......wait...he just said they do...

- Exactly they just claimed they do have them, it's hardly proof is it?
Even if they do so what?
The whole point of nuclear weapons is they are actually unusable.

posted on Feb, 10 2005 @ 04:12 PM
link   
This is immensely interesting i wonder what Bush will do? Personally i think a nuclear attack is going to happen sooner or later. Nuclear technology has been around for some years and was bound to end up in the hands of someone who was classed as unacceptable or crazy. Whether or not N Korea is stupid enough to use it has yet to be seen, but i don’t think it warrants bush storming in.

posted on Feb, 10 2005 @ 04:42 PM
link   
[edit on 10-2-2005 by namehere]

posted on Feb, 10 2005 @ 07:59 PM
link   

Originally posted by sminkeypinkey

- Hang on.

Nothing has happened other than some claims have been made by a government you wouldn't believe anything they had to say about anything anyway.

How come you so want to believe this claim?

Hey let's stand by as Kim continues making threats

- ....and what threats has he/they made, exactly?
Cos everything I see posted here about what he/they has to say is all put in terms of "if we are attacked".

I've yet to see anything substantiating this idea that he/they are in the habit of making simple threats.

Actually in account of this announcement by Kim, i am almost 100% certain that the mushroom cloud which somehow appeared on the Korean peninsula last year was actually a test of a nuclear bomb. That was a way for Kim to show the governments of the world that they have nuclear devices which work....now he made the announcement public.

BTW, we were attacked by Islamic militants, did we nuke anyone?....that's the kind of threat that Kim is making. Attack the factories where we are making nuclear weapons, and we will nuke the west.

North Korean missiles can hit all of the U.S. and the Stalinist regime has no problems contemplating launching them, threatens the man considered the unofficial spokesman for dictator Kim Jong-Il.

''North Korean ballistic missiles can reach any part of the United States of America,'' said Kim Myong-Chol, reportedly well-connected to the North Korean regime. ''There is no shelter for Bush.''

He told reporters in Tokyo that a pre-emptive strike by the U.S. on the nuclear facility at Yongbyon ''means nuclear war,'' according to a report in the Sydney Morning Herald.

''If American forces carry out a pre-emptive strike on the Yongbyon facility, North Korea will immediately target, carry the war to the U.S. mainland,'' he said, adding that New York, Washington and Chicago would be ''aflame.''

In comments published by the Australian Broadcasting Corporation, Kim says Pyongyang wants to reunify the two Koreas and expel U.S. troops from the south more than it wants economic aid from the West.

Excerpted from.
www.worldnetdaily.com...

Another article that covers one of Kim's threats.
www.theage.com.au...

[edit on 10-2-2005 by Muaddib]

posted on Feb, 10 2005 @ 08:17 PM
link   
Think about it, we have to go along with NK for now, because if they launch a strike at Iraq, our troops are gone.

Once we pull out of Iraq, then we will start creating tensions, sending in special force to blow up known nucular areas, and hoping that our missle defence take the ones that got launched.

Quick question, if North Korea did launch a nuke at the USA, would we nuke them back?

posted on Feb, 10 2005 @ 08:24 PM
link   
I still don't understand why a communist country on the doorstep of a bigger communist country is our problem in the first place? Where the hell is China on this issue? NK is their little bark dog. Why don't they take some responsibility and keep it from barking at the much bigger dogs across the water?

All these threads about China being a world leader are BS. Leadership begins with being responsible for stability in your own region. China has a long way to go, no matter what it's economy does.

posted on Feb, 10 2005 @ 08:36 PM
link   
Muadibb
Your claim earlier that the mushroom cloud over N. Korea rail yard was a N. Korean nuke..that seems pretty far fetched to me for a couple of reasons. Why would Kim detonate the bomb in a heavily populated urban area that was criticaly important to the infrastructure of the country? If he wanted a false flag, he could have used conventional weapons, and if he just wanted to prove his capability, he could have nuked the water offshore, or a less densely populated area. I know he looks really insane in all the photos of him, but do we know for a fact he's actually mentally deficient enough to nuke his own populace? Even American officials, Russian Oligarchs, the rabid Zionists aren't that crazy. Those three previously mentioned just secretly nuke someone else, they wouldn't nuke themselves would they?

I really don't think anyone is that crazy. Can you imagine the backlash if it got out? Hmm...
Maybe you can?

posted on Feb, 10 2005 @ 11:19 PM
link   

Originally posted by Laxpla
Think about it, we have to go along with NK for now, because if they launch a strike at Iraq, our troops are gone.

Once we pull out of Iraq, then we will start creating tensions, sending in special force to blow up known nucular areas, and hoping that our missle defence take the ones that got launched.

Quick question, if North Korea did launch a nuke at the USA, would we nuke them back?

Why would they launch a strike on Iraq? That's further away than the U.S west coast.

NKs ballistic technology is a step or two up from German V rockets. A large portion of their 'air force' is biplanes.

This is all posturing. On both sides. NK wants us to think they're scary so they can have leverage at the negotiating table. The American media also wants us to think that NK is scary because it improves ratings and nets more marketing dollars. GW wants us to think NK is scary b/c it makes it easier for him to forward his agenda. Look deeper people.

posted on Feb, 10 2005 @ 11:29 PM
link   
Why the hec is this thread in the "terrorism" forum....??!!

Are we about to see another powerpoint presentation connecting NK and Al-Qaeda??

top topics

<< 2  3  4    6 >>

join