It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

NEWS: North Korea Admits It Has Nukes

page: 6
<< 3  4  5   >>

join
share:

posted on Feb, 11 2005 @ 02:00 AM
link   

Originally posted by WyrdeOne
Muadibb
Your claim earlier that the mushroom cloud over N. Korea rail yard was a N. Korean nuke..that seems pretty far fetched to me for a couple of reasons. Why would Kim detonate the bomb in I really don't think anyone is that crazy. Can you imagine the backlash if it got out?

For the record, the train detonation was not nuclear. However, I do believe that it may have been an attempt to pehpas take out Kim whos train had passed through and was running way ahead of scehdule. Perhaps an element in thier miltary tried to take him out. Its not far fetched, remember Hitler??

What backlash? Kim is alread a piraaha and has total controll over his country on a scale few of can even imagine.

posted on Feb, 11 2005 @ 02:20 AM
link   

Originally posted by zamphir66

Originally posted by Laxpla
Think about it, we have to go along with NK for now, because if they launch a strike at Iraq, our troops are gone.

Once we pull out of Iraq, then we will start creating tensions, sending in special force to blow up known nucular areas, and hoping that our missle defence take the ones that got launched.

Quick question, if North Korea did launch a nuke at the USA, would we nuke them back?

Why would they launch a strike on Iraq? That's further away than the U.S west coast.

NKs ballistic technology is a step or two up from German V rockets. A large portion of their 'air force' is biplanes.

This is all posturing. On both sides. NK wants us to think they're scary so they can have leverage at the negotiating table. The American media also wants us to think that NK is scary because it improves ratings and nets more marketing dollars. GW wants us to think NK is scary b/c it makes it easier for him to forward his agenda. Look deeper people.

As people thought Vietnam was just a bunch of rice patties, easy war right?
Giving that we have a Republican state at this time, what is GW's agenda?
Do you know what republicans are good at? Media like to spin things, granted. Our government is giving hints and we should note the hints.

Lastly, I want to remind all about a thing call the Jet Stream. Most of the radioactive fallout will blow right back at us. Think about that.

posted on Feb, 11 2005 @ 06:22 AM
link   
North Korea'sairforce is equipped with licence built Chinese and Russian aircraft. They operate the MiG-29 which is superior to American fighters in many reguards and equal in the rest. If they do have biplanes then they would be old Antonovs which are still effecive and rugged transports whith a great ability to work out of rough airstrip which is more than can be said for a lot of newer types.

posted on Feb, 11 2005 @ 06:41 AM
link   

Originally posted by Inhotep

Originally posted by zamphir66

Originally posted by Laxpla
Think about it, we have to go along with NK for now, because if they launch a strike at Iraq, our troops are gone.

Once we pull out of Iraq, then we will start creating tensions, sending in special force to blow up known nucular areas, and hoping that our missle defence take the ones that got launched.

Quick question, if North Korea did launch a nuke at the USA, would we nuke them back?

Why would they launch a strike on Iraq? That's further away than the U.S west coast.

NKs ballistic technology is a step or two up from German V rockets. A large portion of their 'air force' is biplanes.

This is all posturing. On both sides. NK wants us to think they're scary so they can have leverage at the negotiating table. The American media also wants us to think that NK is scary because it improves ratings and nets more marketing dollars. GW wants us to think NK is scary b/c it makes it easier for him to forward his agenda. Look deeper people.

As people thought Vietnam was just a bunch of rice patties, easy war right?
Giving that we have a Republican state at this time, what is GW's agenda?
Do you know what republicans are good at? Media like to spin things, granted. Our government is giving hints and we should note the hints.

Lastly, I want to remind all about a thing call the Jet Stream. Most of the radioactive fallout will blow right back at us. Think about that.

We lost Vietnam because a) there was never a stable government in the South b) we expected a conventional war and instead got a counterinsurgency c) we never had an agenda or conditions for success, nor did we understand the North's agenda

We've already fought on the Korean peninsula once in the past century. It was a total rout until China came over the border, then it see-sawed and stalemated at the 37th. The war never officially came to an end. The big difference is that today, China would not help them.

posted on Feb, 11 2005 @ 10:10 AM
link   
Check this out now:

North Korea (news - web sites) has demanded bilateral talks with the United States to defuse the tension created by its announcement that it is a nuclear power, the communist state's U.N. envoy said in a South Korean newspaper Friday.

Report: N. Korea Demands Talks With U.S.

Huh? Demanded? Kim lost his mind?
Was it not just the other day that N.Korea stated that they would NOT talk with the US? Now, after their supposed 'huge' announcement that they have nukes, they are now demanding talks? WTF?!

Either Kim is really screwed in the head or he needs to stop reading Kerry's "How to Flip-flop" instructional book.

"Demanded"!?

seekerof

[edit on 11-2-2005 by Seekerof]

posted on Feb, 11 2005 @ 10:23 AM
link   
It's like I have been saying, NK's admission is mostly meant to be used as a barginning chip. They expect to now be taken seriously. Their Entrance into the nuclear club has caused KJI's head to swell, to a point where he feels that he can make such demands.

Now, question is will the US take it seriously? Doubt it. Which will send KJI into a fury, and may cause him to "publically test" one of his nukes, and then repeat these same demands.

posted on Feb, 11 2005 @ 10:38 AM
link   
Well depending on what one believes regarding the adjectives used (was yesterday's unsubstantiated "admission" by Nth Korea that they do hold nuclear weapons an actual genuine admission or merely a claim, eh? Is this actually a "demand" rather than a 'call for talks', hmmm? It's not like English is their 1st language or anything, right?) it appears Nth Korea is calling for bilateral talks with the USA.

That's good isn't it?

posted on Feb, 11 2005 @ 10:56 AM
link   
Seekerof,
Your point about kim saying no talks one day, and after he gets his toy, DEMANDING talks should be a sign to those that think this isue is a joke...
This is why WMD's are dangerous in the hands of someone of this ilk.

The people that will get nuked is S KOREA...its close, allied and a staging area for USA troops, and it would be easier to hit the target either with a missile or boat or plane or truck....send a volley of each type of attack and let the americans try and stop evrey thing, desperatly looking for the nuke on a missile... while lil kim hope the ONE thing gets thru...it will only take that one unit to blast the hell out of a S korean target.
Why risk your blowing your wad on a missile that you think has a good chance to be intercepted...or not hit your intended target....nukes aint cheap so if i was a mad dictator like him id plan to maximise my few tools at hand.

I concur with the assesment that N Korea wants the nukes for clout and not to use unless forced....they wouldnt win by vaporizing a place or 2,
but they now can ATTEMPT to make demands....
Isolation of them with no concessions could be provocative, but will likley be the new policy....
However...i dont think the USA will scrap the idea that they couldnt be taken out surgically...crippling future production and potentially making them unable to detonate the nuke anywhere except inside ther own country.

I find it less likley that N Korea will sell this stuff to a terrorist group...because lil kim knows this would instanlty make him target #1 on the planet....the world community would frown highly on this if it got out, and from what i can tell...nations can detect the radiation signiture of a detonated nuke and tell alot about how and where that plutonium was made. As N Korea was under monitoring...im sure this profile of their types of isotopes and what not are on file....
besides, now that he's a member of the club, why admit others...he likes thing his way not others way, and eventually selling a nuke could come back to bite him later on from those he sold it to.

posted on Feb, 11 2005 @ 11:49 AM
link   

Originally posted by WyrdeOne
Muadibb
Your claim earlier that the mushroom cloud over N. Korea rail yard was a N. Korean nuke..that seems pretty far fetched to me for a couple of reasons.

Where did i say that the mushroom cloud that suddenly appeared in North Korea's territory was in a rail yard?....in another post ahead of WyrdeOne's post, someone even says that i mentioned the mushroom cloud appeared over the train wreck?..... Where or when in the world did i say that?..... Can anyone show me where I said this?.... My memory is not that bad, and I am pretty sure that's not what I said....

How soon people forget what has happened in the not so distant past....

The United States and Britain were last night trying to discover the cause of a huge mushroom cloud spotted over North Korea.
US officials played down fears that it might have come from a nuclear test. However, the White House was reported to have received an intelligence briefing that Pyongyang could be preparing to carry out a test. Such a move would throw the region and US foreign policy into crisis at the climax of the election campaign.
Bush administration officials have still to establish whether the 2.5-mile-wide cloud, seen in satellite pictures four days ago, was the result of an explosion or natural disaster.

Excerpted from.
www.guardian.co.uk...

The above article is from September 13, 2004.... i find it strangely coincidental that not to long ago a mushroom cloud of 2.5 miles appeared in North Korea, and now they are saying to the world they have nukes....

[edit on 11-2-2005 by Muaddib]

posted on Feb, 11 2005 @ 11:50 AM
link   

Originally posted by CazMedia
However...i dont think the USA will scrap the idea that they couldnt be taken out surgically...crippling future production and potentially making them unable to detonate the nuke anywhere except inside ther own country.

If we did do something surgically, do you think it would be an outpatient procedure, or would it require an extended recovery? Do you follow the metaphor?

posted on Feb, 11 2005 @ 12:32 PM
link   
White House Spokesman Scott McClellan announced that the US was not interested in direct talks with North Korea over their nuclear program. He reiterated that the US believes the best approach is that of the six nation talks that has previously taken place.

apnews.myway.com
WASHINGTON (AP) - The Bush administration said Friday that it wasn't interested in one-on-one talks with North Korea about its nuclear programs outside the six-party negotiations involving the communist nation's neighbors.

"It's not an issue between North Korea and the United States. It's a regional issue," White House press secretary Scott McClellan said. "And it's an issue that impacts all of its neighbors."

North Korea has plenty of opportunity to talk to the United States within six-party talks, McClellan said.

In an interview with a South Korean newspaper Friday, North Korea's U.N. envoy demanded bilateral talks with the United States.

We will return to the six-nation talks when we see a reason to do so and the conditions are ripe," Han Sung Ryol told Seoul's Hankyoreh newspaper in an interview published Friday. "If the United States moves to have direct dialogue with us, we can take that as a signal that the United States is changing its hostile policy toward us."

Please visit the link provided for the complete story.

Man, am I a prophet or what?
I have written previously in this thread that NK feels it's on a level playing field with the other members of the nuclear club. So it demands, request, insert your own adjective, direct talks with the US, because it feels equal.
I have also written that I expected that the US would talk with NK, but that any aid would probably be given from the international community, not directly from the US. The US seeking to continue the multilateral talks is a strong indication to me that they will deal with NK, but that the will attempt to remain somewhat distant.

Next step is for NK to respond to the rejection silently. And most likely within a month to month and a half, they will test one of their nuclear devices for the world to see. After which they will once again call for direct talks.

posted on Feb, 11 2005 @ 12:41 PM
link   
I am almost 100% certain that they already tested a nuclear bomb for the world to see. It was not in the best interest of the world to acknowledge the fact that they had tested a nuke, as many members have already mentioned in the past, Kim is like a 2 year old, sometimes is better not to indulge him too much because then he will become a spoiled brat and will be waving his nukes to the world demanding aid for the regime everytime he feels like it.

[edit on 11-2-2005 by Muaddib]

posted on Feb, 11 2005 @ 12:49 PM
link   
Muaddib I don't disagree that the explosion on 11 SEP 04 was nuclear. But I also don't believe that it was a "public" demonstration of it's capabilities. I am wagering on a very public display in the future, one that will be orchestrated for the whole world to see.

And yes KJI is child-like in some of his actions. I am using that, and comparing him with what my 9 year old son would do to make my analysis.

new topics

top topics

<< 3  4  5   >>

join