It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

NEWS: North Korea Admits It Has Nukes

page: 2
<< 1    3  4  5 >>

join
share:

posted on Feb, 10 2005 @ 04:35 AM
link   
Well, I can tell you firsthand that U.S. military morale is NOT at an all-time low. You probably won't believe me, but that's to be expected. As for not believing in what we are doing, that is a jaded presumption also. The prevailing attitude is more one of "lets finish our job, as to ensure that those who died before us haven't died in vain." Did you serve in the modern U.S. military? If so, when, where? For purposes of comparing morale, of course.

I for one believe that if Kim really was smart, and not completely paranoid and egocentric, he'd dismantle his political infrastructure, and submit to the South. His citizens would thank him immensely. He has no good reason to keep his country the way he does, he actively perpetuates the suffering of his own people. I don't think this is too smart in any situation.

posted on Feb, 10 2005 @ 05:08 AM
link   
While the North koreans have a history of bluffing, this is might be bluff that you don't want to call ? I know there are few hawkish americans that would like to call Kims bluff anyway, believing that they don't have launch capabillity to hit the westcoast of the usa, and who cares about a nuke on Seoul anyway, good riddance!

I guess that iran doesn't manage to produce nukes in the following months , they could buy one from the North-koreans to have some interim deterrent...

[edit on 10-2-2005 by Countermeasures]

posted on Feb, 10 2005 @ 05:25 AM
link   
If Bush's objective is to eliminate terror and those who present "a threat to the national security of The United States" why not go after N. Korea with as much dertermination and mad drive as he did Iraq? (And now it seems that he's got Iran in the cross-hairs!)

After all NK has been flaunting their flagrant disregard of the NPA. Their saber rattling and threats against Japan, South K. and turning the United States into "a lake of fire" are egreious.

In other words what they're saying is; "F**k you USA!!!...Unlike Iraq who had no WMD's and who posed no threat to you whatsoever, we willingly admit that we have developed nukes and will continue to do so even though it is totally illegal for us to do so...F**k the UN sanctions and the Nuclear Proliferation Agreement. Now. whatcha' gonna do about it a**holes!!! Yeah...go ahead and just try to pull that same sh*t on us that you pulled on Iraq and are now planning to pull on Iran (who you know have no nukes or viable armies with which to defend themselves) Yeah...JUST TRY IT!!! WE DARE YOU!!!"

Where is Mr. Bush NOW??? "Now, now fellas'...let's not get hasty! After all, we're all grown up's... we and six other nations can calmly talk this thing out...OK?...'cmon...let's be reasonable!"

Bottom line...Bush is a bully who only goes after nations which he feels he can overcome (even with some resistance as in Iraq) He wouldn't DARE go after N Korea because he as well as every American KNOWS that whatever nuclear arsenal they do possess would be deployed IMMEDIATELY!!! Even if it meant their own destruction! It seems that the honorable principals of our President to crush "EVIL" are reserved only for the ones who are unable to defend themselves or who pose no real nuclear or military threat to us!!!

He's a f**king bully!!!

[edit on 10-2-2005 by lapi7]

[edit on 10-2-2005 by lapi7]

posted on Feb, 10 2005 @ 05:35 AM
link   
Good does this mean we can bomb them now?
How about we trade china taiwan for N korea and Iran? Think they would play ball?

posted on Feb, 10 2005 @ 05:40 AM
link   

Originally posted by Kyle325is
Well, I can tell you firsthand that U.S. military morale is NOT at an all-time low. You probably won't believe me, but that's to be expected. As for not believing in what we are doing, that is a jaded presumption also. The prevailing attitude is more one of "lets finish our job, as to ensure that those who died before us haven't died in vain." Did you serve in the modern U.S. military? If so, when, where? For purposes of comparing morale, of course.

I for one believe that if Kim really was smart, and not completely paranoid and egocentric, he'd dismantle his political infrastructure, and submit to the South. His citizens would thank him immensely. He has no good reason to keep his country the way he does, he actively perpetuates the suffering of his own people. I don't think this is too smart in any situation.

Im not going to argue with you. I respect peoples opinions. Lets just leave it at that. Youve expressed your opinions and ive expressed mine. Thats all that matters.

posted on Feb, 10 2005 @ 05:45 AM
link   
so what if they do? US can bomb, kill people for no good reason etc... and Korea can't have nukes? I have a feeling we are told only what someone want's us to hear

posted on Feb, 10 2005 @ 05:58 AM
link   
You're sitting at a negotiating table on nuclear weapons and somebody at that table accuses another member of being tyrannical and evil, publically to the world. Why should it come as a suprise when the accused sticks two fingers in the air and leaves (one finger in the US). To say this not very diplomatic would be an understatement! Irrespective of whether it is true or not hence why diplomacy is a difficult art that Bush will never master.

posted on Feb, 10 2005 @ 06:18 AM
link   

Originally posted by malcr
You're sitting at a negotiating table on nuclear weapons and somebody at that table accuses another member of being tyrannical and evil, publically to the world. Why should it come as a suprise when the accused sticks two fingers in the air and leaves (one finger in the US). To say this not very diplomatic would be an understatement! Irrespective of whether it is true or not hence why diplomacy is a difficult art that Bush will never master.

ALL diplomacy is stupid. Beat the enemy into submission. Total, complete surrender. They must be made to understand, pursue nukes and DIE.

posted on Feb, 10 2005 @ 06:20 AM
link   

Originally posted by DrHoracid

ALL diplomacy is stupid. Beat the enemy into submission. Total, complete surrender. They must be made to understand, pursue nukes and DIE.

That doesn't quite work though does it? when you talk about Nukes, the last thing you want to do on either side is "beat the enemy into submission". Oh dear.

posted on Feb, 10 2005 @ 06:24 AM
link   

Originally posted by paranoia

That doesn't quite work though does it? when you talk about Nukes, the last thing you want to do on either side is "beat the enemy into submission". Oh dear.

It is the only way it works with nukes. Complete total destruction of the enemy before they can strike back. Overwhelming force. Negotiating only allows the enemy to gain strength. Kill it NOW.

posted on Feb, 10 2005 @ 06:36 AM
link   

It is the only way it works with nukes. Complete total destruction of the enemy before they can strike back. Overwhelming force. Negotiating only allows the enemy to gain strength. Kill it NOW.

So you want World War III??
If North Korea had no nuclear arsenal, then the US would probably invade, but i doubt the US would use military action towards a state who isn't scared to use nukes.

posted on Feb, 10 2005 @ 06:40 AM
link   

Originally posted by infinite

So you want World War III??
If North Korea had no nuclear arsenal, then the US would probably invade, but i doubt the US would use military action towards a state who isn't scared to use nukes.

N Korea has nukes now. They also have a very large standing army. They need to be "stopped" before they can do anymore damage. If that means crazy Kim alone or the entire population it needs to be done and soon.

posted on Feb, 10 2005 @ 06:42 AM
link   

N Korea has nukes now. They also have a very large standing army. They need to be "stopped" before they can do anymore damage. If that means crazy Kim alone or the entire population it needs to be done and soon.

This is why you cannot just say "we are coming after you". North Korea needs to be planned with extreme detail because if the US has to use force, it will be nuclear weapons, if you use nukes, the first strike has to count.

posted on Feb, 10 2005 @ 07:10 AM
link   
LUXEMBOURG (Reuters) - The United States has assumed since the mid-1990s that North Korean is able to make nuclear weapons, Secretary of State Condoleezza Rice (news - web sites) said Thursday, playing down a dramatic announcement from Pyongyang.

"We have for some time taken account of the capability of the North Koreans to perhaps have a few nuclear weapons," Rice told a news conference after talks with the European Union (news - web sites).

She said Washington and South Korea (news - web sites) had a sufficient deterrent on the Korean peninsula to "deal with any potential threat from North Korea (news - web sites)."

Rice urged Pyongyang to reconsider its decision to withdraw indefinitely from six-party talks on its atomic ambitions, saying the North Koreans would only receive security assurances if they dismantled their nuclear program verifiably.

posted on Feb, 10 2005 @ 07:13 AM
link   

Originally posted by infinite

This is why you cannot just say "we are coming after you". North Korea needs to be planned with extreme detail because if the US has to use force, it will be nuclear weapons, if you use nukes, the first strike has to count.

Your right we can't just say it, we have to actualy do it.
Start with precison strikes to take out Kim Il and his advisors along with command and control functions.
Some MOAB's to cut his forces down.
Folowed by an extended saturation bombing campagn to destroy any hint of an infrastucture.
Then when N.korea is back to the stone age let the south koreans go in and resettle at thier leisure.

posted on Feb, 10 2005 @ 07:17 AM
link   
You have 1 hour to turn over the location of all nukes. In that time you should evacuate all nuclear locations.........., 59 minutes......

posted on Feb, 10 2005 @ 07:22 AM
link   

Originally posted by soficrow
IMO - Bush has backed everyone against the wall. Is he so stupid he doesn't expect us all to fight back? Or is that what he wants? Which means he thinks he's got it covered at home and abroad. ...I'm thinking bioweapons now. Must be bedtime.

Huuuuuuh? Holy smokes. *shakes head*

As for Kim and North Korea admitting that indeed that do have nuke capabilities?
Duh!?!
ATS has been covering this for almost a year?
The US has been claiming such for how long?
Kim better pull his pants up before he gets zapppppped with a $50 dollar fine, or worse.

seekerof

posted on Feb, 10 2005 @ 07:25 AM
link   
kim is crazy like a fox.
we are so committed to giving W's oil buddies control of the middle east, and their beloved pipeline, we have been asleep at the wheel with N. K., and we are in no position to do anything but send them to the principals office. this one got by the goalie while we are spreading democracy, one occupation at a time.....

posted on Feb, 10 2005 @ 07:31 AM
link   
It's a job for Bush and his administration to take them down!Hooray!!!

Now with NK publicly admitting that it has nuclear weapons,this would certainly justifies any attempts from U.S to invade NK.First stop-liberate the oppressed in Afghanistan,second stop-fighting for Iraq's freedom and NEXT stop-NK!!Death to those NKoreans!

That's what Bush probably is saying in the whitehouse while fiddling with Rice's hair.

posted on Feb, 10 2005 @ 07:32 AM
link   

as posted by infinitie

Typical rhetoric, infinite.
You know it, I know it, and we all know it.
Cold War ring a bell to you, infinite?
You can best bet that either side would have willingly fought each other, despite nukes. Plans were made based on such, and can easily be found and referenced.
The point is, why would the US feel the need to "invade" North Korea? To remove Kim? To find those nukes that can be just as easily moved out of country and/or hidden as Saddam likely did with some to most of his intelligence documented WMDs? What? So then we can get bashed again for not finding those WMDs in North Korea?
Riiiiiight.

Kim and North Korea have been on a road to implosion anyhow. There is no need to "invade" or provoke war. US foreign policy towards North Korea has been amounting to pretty much a containment policy that further allows favorable conditions for that implosion of Kim and North Korea. It s simply just a matter of time before his own people will take him out or remove him. Food is so scarce in North Korea, despite their increased agro-programs, that millions are dying of starvation. The people themselves will rid of Kim or a military coup will do it for the people. Conditions are and will continue to deteriorate in North Korea, it's simply amounts to taking a back seat and watching for that self-destruction (implosion).

seekerof

top topics

<< 1    3  4  5 >>

join