It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Researchers find secret, warm oasis beneath Antarctica's ice.

page: 2
<< 1    3  4  5 >>

join
share:

posted on Sep, 10 2017 @ 03:38 AM
link   
a reply to: dreamingawake

I can't watch the vid? wth? have we already been censored?
It may be that it's incorrectly added to ATS since the vid ID changes each time I click play and it fails.
edit on 10-9-2017 by GreenGunther because: (no reason given)

posted on Sep, 10 2017 @ 05:34 AM
link   

originally posted by: starwarsisreal
a reply to: bknapple32

And he got held back by the last remnants of the SS according to rumors.

That reminds me, what if their sleeper agents (Via Operation Paperclip) are still taking commands from the Nazis living in Antarctica?

No way! If that were the case America would be a fascist state in which the wealthy dictate everything with one of their own power crazed fanatics in the white house.

posted on Sep, 10 2017 @ 06:17 AM
link   
a reply to: Junkheap

damn you must be old, i haven't heard anybody mention his name in years.
here are two of his movies/ trailers.

if they got women that look like this one, i'd go.

edit on 10-9-2017 by hounddoghowlie because: (no reason given)

posted on Sep, 10 2017 @ 06:44 AM
link   

originally posted by: bknapple32
Didn't Admiral Byrd speak of a lush almost tropical state at the center?

Which is not at all what was discovered.

posted on Sep, 10 2017 @ 07:02 AM
link   
a reply to: OccamsRazor04

And coal enough to last hundreds of years ? the documentary said meaning there must have been trees

posted on Sep, 10 2017 @ 07:15 AM
link   
a reply to: stonerwilliam

When the tropical forest is discovered I will jump for joy, microbes (and possibly insects) in caves that get some but very little sunlight isn't quite it

posted on Sep, 10 2017 @ 07:32 AM
link   
a reply to: OccamsRazor04

Far to many fantasist on here the caves are NOT underground they have been created in the ice which is ABOVE the ground so forget about valleys oceans forests etc some people on here get so carried away they don't seem to understand what has been explained.

posted on Sep, 10 2017 @ 08:09 AM
link   

originally posted by: SeaWorthy

originally posted by: Harte

originally posted by: bigern
I swear I read that some politicians and even the Pope had recently traveled to Antarctica. If that's true (is it?) what were they doing there and is this related?

Yes, it is true.

Maybe this is a first step to finally admitting to something more.

The pope hasn't visited Antarctica. Please post actual evidence that I'm wrong.

Harte

You are right but he represented the Pope. The Pope would draw way too much attention I would guess. Russian Orthodox Church Patriarch Kirill is basically the Russian Pope.

Read your own link. This guy doesn't represent the Pope in any way at all. Not even the same church, for God's sake.

Harte

posted on Sep, 10 2017 @ 08:12 AM
link   

originally posted by: OccamsRazor04

originally posted by: bknapple32
Didn't Admiral Byrd speak of a lush almost tropical state at the center?

Which is not at all what was discovered.

Byrd never said that anyway.

Harte

posted on Sep, 10 2017 @ 08:13 AM
link   

originally posted by: hounddoghowlie
a reply to: Junkheap

damn you must be old, i haven't heard anybody mention his name in years.

If you watch the Simpsons, you've seen the parody of him on there - "Troy McClure."

Harte

posted on Sep, 10 2017 @ 10:00 AM
link   

I swear I read that some politicians and even the Pope had recently traveled to Antarctica. If that's true (is it?) what were they doing there and is this related?

Yes, it is true.

Harte

You are right but he represented the Pope. The Pope would draw way too much attention I would guess. Russian Orthodox Church Patriarch Kirill is basically the Russian Pope.

Read your own link. This guy doesn't represent the Pope in any way at all. Not even the same church, for God's sake.

Harte

I must say Harte you've kept at it all these years!

posted on Sep, 10 2017 @ 10:56 AM
link   
a reply to: starwarsisreal

It's an awesome find for sure, but that's it.

For those not in the know Antarctica was once a lush jungle that housed a base of Nazi's that rode dinosaurs. Okay some of that wasn't true, Antarctica was once a lush jungle with dinosaurs but no Nazi's built a UFO base there, that theory was inspired from this movie methinks.

I saw that as a kid and still love it, it's fiction but it could become fact, there still could some truth in that story as dangerous extremophiles could be laying dormant and explorers and scientists need to be very careful.

Dinosaurs? yep. Lush jungle? Yep. Nazi base? Hell no. It's dangerous to make a permanent base in this day in age let alone back in the 40's. While Casey Station has the mod cons that makes research viable, conditions outside are inhospitable and I'd flip a coin on who would last longer-A Nazi base in Antarctica or a visitor who stayed a night in Pripyat.

edit on 10-9-2017 by Thecakeisalie because: (no reason given)

edit on 10-9-2017 by Thecakeisalie because: (no reason given)

posted on Sep, 10 2017 @ 11:04 AM
link   
a reply to: Thecakeisalie

There is a book called The Land Where Time Forgot by Edgar Rice Burroughs (Someone posted the 1975 movie version above). In the story, it features a land cut off from the rest of the world for millions of years thus retaining its prehistoric ecosystem including dinosaurs.

I wonder what if something similar happened where there was a secret place in Antarctica that manage to retain its own prehistoric ecosystem complete with the descendants of dinosaurs from Antarctica's past?

posted on Sep, 10 2017 @ 11:36 AM
link   
We already have a place on earth that has not changed for a very long time, its called The Yemen, time there seems to have stood still, I could add a few more countries to that list, all Islamist...

As for this new place, I'm sure it will pan out to be not much at all...

posted on Sep, 10 2017 @ 11:44 AM
link   

Yes, it is true.

Harte

Harte

You can't know that. You have no idea what agreements they may have. It remains a possibility for sure.

posted on Sep, 10 2017 @ 11:57 AM
link   
a reply to: starwarsisreal

I'm familiar with the the story, but large dinosaurs? there is an argument that dinosaurs still roam the earth in the form of certain species of birds (dinosaurs had feathers and were warm blooded, are you listening Spielberg?) but it's the smaller than the eye can see critters that could pose a threat to those who venture into the depths of Antarctica.

posted on Sep, 10 2017 @ 02:05 PM
link   
a reply to: Mclaneinc

Hmmmm this is an old article but scientists are admitting the possibility of advanced life-forms under the ice sheets:

Could more advanced life-forms lurk under the ice sheet? "I'm not sure there is enough energy down there ... to make a Loch Ness monster," Priscu said. But if hydrothermal vents are found in Lake Vostok that resemble energy-rich, biodiverse vents in the deep ocean, higher-order organisms could be possible, he added.

"To be honest I would be surprised if there's no microbial life in the lake," Studinger of Columbia University said.

news.nationalgeographic.com...

edit on 9/10/2017 by starwarsisreal because: (no reason given)

posted on Sep, 10 2017 @ 04:25 PM
link   

Yes, it is true.

Harte

Harte

You can't know that. You have no idea what agreements they may have. It remains a possibility for sure.

If it can't be known, then why did you say it was so?

Harte
edit on 9/10/2017 by Harte because: of the wonderful things he does!

posted on Sep, 10 2017 @ 11:11 PM
link   

originally posted by: silo13
Is this the one you posted?

I'm trying to find it.
peace

Looks to be deleted for some reason.

posted on Sep, 10 2017 @ 11:16 PM
link   

originally posted by: GreenGunther

I can't watch the vid? wth? have we already been censored?
It may be that it's incorrectly added to ATS since the vid ID changes each time I click play and it fails.

It's on the OP article link, but gone as well.

Try this one?
Researchers find secret, warm oasis beneath Antarctica’s ice that could be home to undiscovered spec

top topics

<< 1    3  4  5 >>

join