It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Researchers find secret, warm oasis beneath Antarctica's ice.

page: 3
<< 1  2    4  5 >>

join
share:

posted on Sep, 10 2017 @ 11:18 PM
link   
a reply to: dreamingawake

a reply to: GreenGunther

Oh oh, is it possible that the Nazi sleeper agents paid the Youtube executives a visit and order them to shut it down?

Supposedly this isn't the first time things like these are being censored.

There are rumors that the British discovered a Nazi base in a warm underground deep valley under Antarctica in the late 1940s and their report got censored by the TPTB.

So my last Christmas of World War II was spent on the Antarctic continent in 1945, fighting the same Nazis that I had fought against every Christmas since 1940. What was worse was the fact that the expedition was never given any recognition, nor the survivors any credit. Instead, the British survivors were de-mobbed from the forces, whilst the scientist and his report would soon disappear, the mission never to be known about except by the select few.

nexusnewsfeed.com...

edit on 9/10/2017 by starwarsisreal because: (no reason given)

posted on Sep, 10 2017 @ 11:27 PM
link   

originally posted by: Harte

originally posted by: SeaWorthy

originally posted by: bigern
I swear I read that some politicians and even the Pope had recently traveled to Antarctica. If that's true (is it?) what were they doing there and is this related?

Yes, it is true.

Maybe this is a first step to finally admitting to something more.

The pope hasn't visited Antarctica. Please post actual evidence that I'm wrong.

Harte

You are right but he represented the Pope. The Pope would draw way too much attention I would guess. Russian Orthodox Church Patriarch Kirill is basically the Russian Pope.

Read your own link. This guy doesn't represent the Pope in any way at all. Not even the same church, for God's sake.

Harte

You can't know that. You have no idea what agreements they may have. It remains a possibility for sure.

If it can't be known, then why did you say it was so?

Harte

I gave an opinion based on the facts. It can't be known for sure either way unless someone that knows comes forward.
edit on 10-9-2017 by SeaWorthy because: (no reason given)

posted on Sep, 11 2017 @ 05:16 AM
link   

I swear I read that some politicians and even the Pope had recently traveled to Antarctica. If that's true (is it?) what were they doing there and is this related?

Yes, it is true.

Harte

You are right but he represented the Pope. The Pope would draw way too much attention I would guess. Russian Orthodox Church Patriarch Kirill is basically the Russian Pope.

Read your own link. This guy doesn't represent the Pope in any way at all. Not even the same church, for God's sake.

Harte

You can't know that. You have no idea what agreements they may have. It remains a possibility for sure.

Harte

I gave an opinion based on the facts. It can't be known for sure either way unless someone that knows comes forward.

It's fine to voice an opinion.
But you didn't.

Also, you don't have any facts to base that on.

Harte

posted on Sep, 11 2017 @ 08:04 AM
link   
a reply to: starwarsisreal

Byrd Flew into the inner earth via the north pole not the south according to his journal entries

posted on Sep, 11 2017 @ 08:08 AM
link   
a reply to: sapien82

Very much doubt he could do that

posted on Sep, 11 2017 @ 10:05 AM
link   
a reply to: wmd_2008

he had every reason to doubt it as well
but according to his own journal he went there

who knows if its actually in his journal

it can be found online on a bunch of sites but who knows if its legitimate

Secret Diary of Admiral Byrd

posted on Sep, 11 2017 @ 10:33 AM
link   

That is a very good point, this journal only emerged long after he had passed away, still it is a cool idea.

To my mind these tunnels' may range in size from huge cavern's to small tunnel's and tubule's, likely always in motion as well and changeable morphology.

I would be interested to see what constitutes animal in this finding as likely it would have to be very small and very tough, probably blind as well if it also lives in a cave network in the stone beneath the ice and possible aquatic in nature.

Remember these are extreme environment's so life adapted to it would most likely be extremophile, possibly chemo synthetic as well in nature, scalding steam, toxic volcanic gas is also likely with a strong sulfur content and on the other hand rapid re-freezing sub zero ice, plant's are probably algal or fungal in nature.

Still some of these cavern's DO have the potential to be huge, if there is a warm lake down there (And there would be) it would probably have an ice dome over it, how large this dome could get and how stable are questions best left to structural science though but Glaciers have a tendency to move and fracture so these dome's would most likely periodically collapse and reform as well as the intrinsic volatility of the volcano itself, still it does have the potential to form a fascinating variation on the cave ecosystems' we already know about in the world, a whole new eco system to be tapped for potential pharmaceutical's and new genetic's for the franken plant's etc, still the potential for pharmaceutical's is exciting.

But a land of the lost is unlikely perhaps even impossible, I do believe the NAZI's probably had a hold out there, that operation high jump was NOT to set up the little america base though that was undoubtedly a part of it and it did have cold war significance though this early on I doubt it, most likely they feared that a NAZI hold out may still be developing atomic bombs and could still pose a serious threat to them but likely if such a base existed inland it would have used a natural thermal outflow from a sub-glacial river and may have been built inside such natural cavern's, it may not exist today even if it did then though because such a facility need's constant maintenance or unless it was built below the rock beneath the ice the shifting glaciation would have wiped it out long ago and likely after operation paperclip any such NAZI holdout would have reached a cold war agreement with the states to move with there permission either to the states (since they would undoubtedly have had expertise that the States wanted on there side) or else have relocated to south america anyway though perhaps maintaining a presence at there old base if it had not been compromised by the US expedition, likely also the Nazi's would not have packed all there eggs in one basket so may have had a number of such bases in the area as well as a submarine based supply chain to south America for food and other essential if they could not self sustain.
Also I am inclined to believe the SAS mission did happen in Antarctica BEFORE the US mission and that they may very well have come up against SS troops in fur suit's designed to keep them warm in the extreme climate as well as other NAZI holdout's, those SS were religiously devoted to there belief and also brainwashed and drugged up to the eyeball's while fighting in Europe.

edit on 11-9-2017 by LABTECH767 because: (no reason given)

posted on Sep, 11 2017 @ 10:46 AM
link   

I did a bit of research on this a while back. Byrd did indeed fly over the North Pole in 1926 in a Fokker Tri Motor aircraft but there was later some controversy over whether he technically did. That flight is fairly well documented but I gather that the so called secret diary claims that he flew over the North Pole again in 1947 and that he then flew into the hollow earth and met another race of beings and all that mallarkey.

The account in the diary is remarkably similar to a scene in the 1937 film Lost Horizon (starring Ronald Coleman), in fact this bit is obviously plagiarised and the whole thing sounds like something out of a very bad film/book.

There seems to be a lot of confusion between the Arctic and the Antarctic.

It seemed to me that there was no evidence about the 1947 north Pole adventure but I wonder if any more knowledgeable members here on ATS can add anything to the authenticity of this fabled diary?

posted on Sep, 11 2017 @ 11:12 AM
link   
a reply to: oldcarpy

I've always been intrigued by it , and always wondered if it was real .

The whole operation highjump to the south pole antarctica was the one that made me think deeply about it

it would be some truth if real

posted on Sep, 11 2017 @ 01:37 PM
link   

Yes, it is true.

Harte

Harte

Harte

But you didn't.

Harte

I disagree yet again with you.

posted on Sep, 11 2017 @ 04:59 PM
link   

Yes, it is true.

Harte

Harte

Harte

But you didn't.

Harte

I disagree yet again with you.

No you don't. LOL

Harte

posted on Sep, 11 2017 @ 05:01 PM
link   

originally posted by: oldcarpy

I did a bit of research on this a while back. Byrd did indeed fly over the North Pole in 1926 in a Fokker Tri Motor aircraft but there was later some controversy over whether he technically did. That flight is fairly well documented but I gather that the so called secret diary claims that he flew over the North Pole again in 1947 and that he then flew into the hollow earth and met another race of beings and all that mallarkey.

The account in the diary is remarkably similar to a scene in the 1937 film Lost Horizon (starring Ronald Coleman), in fact this bit is obviously plagiarised and the whole thing sounds like something out of a very bad film/book.

There seems to be a lot of confusion between the Arctic and the Antarctic.

It seemed to me that there was no evidence about the 1947 north Pole adventure but I wonder if any more knowledgeable members here on ATS can add anything to the authenticity of this fabled diary?

From what I remember of looking into this a decade or so ago, Byrd was at one pole when his "diary" claimed he was at the other. Or something like that.

Harte

posted on Sep, 11 2017 @ 05:18 PM
link   
a reply to: LABTECH767

I created a theory similar to yours but I would like to add something:

To be self sufficient in food, the Nazis can simply rely on fish and other animals from the lakes and ocean, chickens, and crops grown from artificial light.

They can be financed from sympathetic German industrialists. For example, the family who owned BMW, the Quandts, have ties to the Nazis during WW2, so it could be possible they, along with others, gave the Nazis in Antarctica financial support.

Also, they can get political protection via Operation Paperclip. In exchange for leaving the Nazi bases intact in Antarctica, the Nazis worked for the US government.

edit on 9/11/2017 by starwarsisreal because: (no reason given)

posted on Sep, 11 2017 @ 05:51 PM
link   
a reply to: tadaman

R'lyeh..en.wikipedia.org...

posted on Sep, 12 2017 @ 03:40 AM
link   
Seems like a few on this thread NEVER watched the video the caves are in ice NOT underground.

So all the Nazi stuff is BS.

posted on Sep, 12 2017 @ 04:17 AM
link   

the nazi caves were also supposedly in Ice , but also that they held the entrance to agartha which went deeper under ground

anyways we are just having fun speculating

posted on Sep, 12 2017 @ 07:16 AM
link   

originally posted by: bknapple32
Didn't Admiral Byrd speak of a lush almost tropical state at the center?

He did - but it was the north pole landmass - that doesn't exist anymore - thanks Mandela Effect.

posted on Sep, 12 2017 @ 08:10 AM
link   

Read's very much as if you did not read some of our comment's and it is NOT BS so what is your agenda in trying to discredit the NAZI link, you do know about Neu Schwabenland don't you.
en.wikipedia.org...
bigthink.com...

You are also totally incorrect as to your assertion about Caves in Antarctica because there most certainly WILL be caves in the bedrock just like everywhere else in the world as well as Caves in the Ice ranging from steam formed cavern's near to this and other antarctic volcanic site's which may be larger than you may think obviously but are likely to be inhospitably places suitable only for extremophile life form's (life form's that thrive in extreme pressure, temperatures and even in corrosive environments which would kill almost anything else such as those that live around deep sea vents were there is no light so there energy is based on Chemo-synthesis, the metabolizing of chemical nutrient's to produce energy for life and other's that live in alcaline lake's and high acidic environment's around the world - there is even life two miles down into the earth's crust at least in some places according to some claim's including worm like life forms which MUST be chemo-synthetic based life form's) and also Crevasse type formations deep beneath the later ice formed over them, there may even be still some subterranean rivers as well as sub glacial ones as Antarctica has a lot of heat from it's vulcanism, indeed it is actually extremely likely that there are because Melted water under extreme pressure (below the Glaciers) is more likely to force it's way through rock especially were there is a natural flaw in that rock structure.

So come one lets hear some of your knowledge of antarctic continental morphology and geology because we are eager to hear why you believe yourself such an expert.

Or is it just that you don't like the idea, personally the only good NAZI is a freeze dried and long dead one as far as I am concerned being part Jewish but that aside they were driven, fanatical and believed they had a destiny with a religious fervor even as there world fell apart so do you really honestly believe such a group would not if they could because I believe they not only would and definitely could but DID form a base there, about six month's AFTER operation high jump there was a sizable tremor registered in Antarctica of the size a several megaton nuclear device COULD created if it was detonated under the ice however it was most likely one of Antarctica's natural geological tremor's.

Still we want to know your source of irrefutable evidence that the Nazi's had no interest, how about your proof and when Donitz said that they had found a Shangrila, a paradise and secured an IMPREGNABLE fortress for Hitler at the far end of the world he was most certainly not talking about a group of submarine pen's in France, most likely he WAS talking about a facility in a natural cavern system either ICE or even Stone formed under the Glaciers of Antarctica because that other than somewhere in Patagonia OR an antarctic island IS the FAR END OF THE WORLD.

AND do you think a full military expedition force with thousands of marines, scores of air craft on an air craft carrier, destroyers, tanker and a submarine was really necessary to build something that was possible with a single ship in the 1800's, an antarctic base?, or would you admit that this was extreme over kill.
The Russians certainly believed it was for something else.
military.wikia.com...

Of course there were other reason's, territorial claim's on an untapped and extremely rich continent full of minerals including URANIUM, potential land disputes with South America etc.
www.bibliotecapleyades.net...

Now the German expedition's?.

NOTE some of these images probably contain scenes from Byrd's later US expedition (which the other allies are supposed to have added more ship's not recorded in most account's to and not listed on the wick page).

The maker of the next one used Conan the barbarian music (From the arguably better Schwarzenegger movie) which made me chuckle

Before you write this one off because it has UFO's in it's material remember do please that the NAZI were interested in some pretty exotic technology's such as another example the Dragon a forerunner of the modern tilt rotor's.
This captured Dragon was not a true tilt rotor but had two fixed horizontal rotors on boom's, still you can see what the designer had planned.

3.bp.blogspot.com...

posted on Sep, 12 2017 @ 09:27 AM
link   
a reply to: Pearj

You are not being serious, are you? Please tell me that you aren't?

posted on Sep, 12 2017 @ 10:18 AM
link   

given there is an active volcano there will be lava tubes and caves formed by old lava tubes
so there will be underground caves in the bedrock of the continent itself

top topics

<< 1  2    4  5 >>

join