It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Researchers find secret, warm oasis beneath Antarctica's ice.

page: 1
<<   2  3  4 >>

join
share:
+28 more 
posted on Sep, 8 2017 @ 10:43 PM
link   

Deep within Antarctica’s ice caves, a group of scientists may have discovered a secret ecosystem of plants and animals being supported by the warmth of an active volcano.

Although average year-long temperatures on Ross Island hover around -17C, including six months between April and September where they don’t rise above -20C, the temperature in cave systems beneath the glaciers can reach 25C.

“You could wear a T-shirt in there and be pretty comfortable,” lead researcher Ceridwen Fraser said. “There’s light near the cave mouths, and light filters deeper into some caves where the overlying ice is thin.”

Located around and beneath Mount Erebus, an active volcano, the caves have been hollowed out after years of steam travelling through their passages. The study of the caves, led by the Australian National University, evolved into an analysis of the soil within. Fraser revealed that it contained traces of DNA from algae, mosses and even small animals that could be living in the underground oasis.

nationalpost.com...

There are rumors that in 1938, the Nazis found a warm area in Antarctica. Also, after the fall of Nazi Germany, there was another rumor that some of the Nazis fled to Antarctica to set up a secret base. I wonder if this warm area was actually where the Nazis are staying.

Alternatively, it could where the real life Savage Land is.

In addition, it reminds me of this movie trailer:

edit on 9/8/2017 by starwarsisreal because: (no reason given)

posted on Sep, 8 2017 @ 10:44 PM
link   
They found vimana's down there or reminants from the pre flood "times of Noah" civilization

+11 more 
posted on Sep, 8 2017 @ 10:47 PM
link   
Didn't Admiral Byrd speak of a lush almost tropical state at the center?

posted on Sep, 8 2017 @ 10:48 PM
link   
Sounds like a job for Doug McClure.

posted on Sep, 8 2017 @ 10:48 PM
link   
a reply to: bknapple32

And he got held back by the last remnants of the SS according to rumors.

That reminds me, what if their sleeper agents (Via Operation Paperclip) are still taking commands from the Nazis living in Antarctica?

posted on Sep, 8 2017 @ 10:50 PM
link   
a reply to: starwarsisreal

what if the nazi's never really lost the war but were co-opted into the NWO upon discovering their findings in antarctica, the flying crafts

posted on Sep, 8 2017 @ 10:52 PM
link   
Beautiful shots of the caves:

Researcher says DNA isn't enough, going to look for live evidence. That's the more exciting part anyway.

posted on Sep, 8 2017 @ 10:54 PM
link   
Land of the Lost!!!

+5 more 
posted on Sep, 8 2017 @ 10:58 PM
link   

I mean, where I come from... If person 'a' says they saw something out of the ordinary... and then science 'discovers' the same thing years later... Then person 'a' discovered it.

Or is that tooo logical for the powers that be?

edit on 8-9-2017 by bknapple32 because: (no reason given)

posted on Sep, 8 2017 @ 11:03 PM
link   
a reply to: dreamingawake

Still, the fact that mainstream scientists are thinking that an underground warm area under Antarctica exists makes it very interesting since before if someone says it, you'll be denounced as crazy.

posted on Sep, 8 2017 @ 11:16 PM
link   

An old crippled Hitler is rumored to wander these parts, cursing his own Jewish heritage. 😉

+4 more 
posted on Sep, 9 2017 @ 07:18 AM
link   
I swear I read that some politicians and even the Pope had recently traveled to Antarctica. If that's true (is it?) what were they doing there and is this related?

posted on Sep, 9 2017 @ 10:56 AM
link   

originally posted by: bigern
I swear I read that some politicians and even the Pope had recently traveled to Antarctica. If that's true (is it?) what were they doing there and is this related?

Yes, it is true.

Maybe this is a first step to finally admitting to something more.

posted on Sep, 9 2017 @ 11:54 AM
link   

originally posted by: SeaWorthy

Yes, it is true.

The pope hasn't visited Antarctica. Please post actual evidence that I'm wrong.

Harte

posted on Sep, 9 2017 @ 12:34 PM
link   

originally posted by: Harte

Yes, it is true.

Harte

Oh you mean just wrong about the pope
NVM.

posted on Sep, 9 2017 @ 03:24 PM
link   

You are correct. At least one dignitary who travelled there was the head of the Russian Orthodox Church.

posted on Sep, 9 2017 @ 04:05 PM
link   

originally posted by: Harte

Yes, it is true.

Harte

You are right but he represented the Pope. The Pope would draw way too much attention I would guess. Russian Orthodox Church Patriarch Kirill is basically the Russian Pope.

A week after meeting Pope Francis to smooth over centuries of tensions with the Roman Catholic Church, the Russian Orthodox Church’s Patriarch Kirill has reached out to another historically non-Orthodox congregation: penguins.

www.telegraph.co.uk...

A visit to an Antarctic research station Wednesday by the leader of the Russian Orthodox Church might seem like an extravagant detour for the 69-year-old Patriarch Kirill. After all, he had just wrapped up a busy Latin American trip that included historic talks with Pope Francis in Cuba.

www.washingtonpost.com... b7a1

On November 9, U.S. Secretary of State, John Kerry, landed in Antarctica, during the peak of the U.S. Presidential Election.

exopolitics.org...

Buzz Aldrin allegedly tweeted "We are all in danger. It is evil itself,

NASA Deputy Administrator Dr. Dava Newman visited Buzz at the hospital in Christchurch on Saturday.

www.nbcnews.com...

posted on Sep, 9 2017 @ 05:44 PM
link   
The deepest valleys on earth are in Antartica, the highest mountains all under the ice.

Time for everything including the finding of the prison gates.

Go, bind Semjâzâ and p. 38 his associates who have united themselves with women so as to have defiled themselves with them in all their uncleanness. 12. And when their sons have slain one another, and they have seen the destruction of their beloved ones, bind them fast for seventy generations in the valleys of the earth, till the day of their judgment and of their consummation, till the judgment that is for ever and ever is consummated.

www.sacred-texts.com...

posted on Sep, 9 2017 @ 06:05 PM
link   

It is the overlords door. LOL

Inner earth stuff is always true. It never fails to spark the imagination.

I imagine it like an eggshell that when cracked by exploration will reveal an inner network of caves we can inhabit. Pockets of caves leading to chambers connected by tunnels.

Shafts the size of buildings and walls like cathedrals that are many football fields tall.

We can use that digging and cave architecture experience on mars and the moon.

We could colonize planets for their mineral wealth regardless of their atmosphere. We can get really good at underground city building here on earth.

Once we dig into the surface of another planet we can burrow down and get to work on more room as we need more.

If you had all you need would you really miss a surface you never knew?

Underground oceans, luminated ponds, plateaus, vallies, rivers and ravines....Imagine?!

edit on 9 9 2017 by tadaman because: (no reason given)

posted on Sep, 9 2017 @ 06:37 PM
link   
a reply to: dreamingawake
Is this the one you posted?

I'm trying to find it.
peace

<<   2  3  4 >>

join