It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Why Should I Feel Bad for Illegals?

page: 9
<< 6  7  8    10  11  12 >>

join
share:

posted on Sep, 7 2017 @ 08:30 AM
link   
I'll add some great hypocrisy to fuel this fire.

What gets me is that they say oh the Mexicans walked across the border and then had a baby so they could stay and work etc.

However people in China or the Philippines must apply for a work VISA and have a sponsoring employer to come and work legally. There is no easy way for them to enter the USA and work illegally or have a baby.

Why are Mexicans given preferential treatment?

Isn't this discrimination?

posted on Sep, 7 2017 @ 08:35 AM
link   
a reply to: SpartanStoic

MOST illegals come in legally on visas.

posted on Sep, 7 2017 @ 08:43 AM
link   

originally posted by: YouSir
Or am I being overly generous in my assessment...?

No, the issue is the subtly of my argument is going over your head.

The same way people feel now about the current immigration issue is the same way they felt about fill-in-the-blank immigrants in the past. There were attempts to block people by nationality throughout our history due to xenophobic ideals about how it would impact the country. Bottom line is immigration is good, it creates more requirements in the economy that need to be filled by Americans and takes them away from competing countries since it is all a zero sum game.

posted on Sep, 7 2017 @ 08:44 AM
link   

originally posted by: KnoxMSP
That is one example. How about home builders losing work due to illegals driving down the cost of construction labor? My father had to close his business because he couldnt compete while paying his men a decent wage. My old boss lost his drywall company to the same thing.

So unskilled laborers did a better job doing construction/hanging drywall than your experienced father?

How you ever "owned 2 restaraunts" is beyond me, if this is your level of communication and intelect.

I'm sure the fact that I owned multiple successful businesses is beyond you, of this I have no doubt at all.

edit on 7-9-2017 by AugustusMasonicus because: I ♥ cheese pizza.

posted on Sep, 7 2017 @ 08:52 AM
link   

originally posted by: zazzafrazz
a reply to: Sheye

lmao, wow I really burned your questionable spiritual attitude in the help Texas thread hey?

My question wasn't snarky. It was simple and he answered. So it was done as far I am concerned. Looks like Metalicus was done with it too....but seeings you jumped in....

Now , you thinking that Jesus didn't offer sanctuary, food and healing to those in need, regardless of contagious disease, race and religion, tells me you must be reading something else other than the Christian bible.

The answer to the OP's question is in the bible FOR Christians. If you struggle with transplanting the compassion of Christ to those in need today, that is your own spiritual journey you need to deal with.
Please stop following me around and yelling AT me what Christians and prayers are meant to be, it isn't very becoming of a good hearted christian.

Jesus was NOT in favor of destroying current families and importing hatred towards his own people.

LoL he would have told them to seek the path to citizenship or reap the consequences and you know it.

Besides all of that, liberals mock God but pretend to be like Jesus all the while causing utter confusion and strife.

You know REALLY what Jesus would do?

This is not 2000 years ago where he failed miserably, across the board.

This is Revelations time...where he does nothing but kick ass and fix everything, WITH THE SWORD.

Nothing nice occurs this time around...because THAT IS HOW THIS TWISTED WORLD REALLY GETS FIXED.

Liberal left SJW is not to be found ANYWHERE in any victory.

FIX EVERYTHING AT ONCE, or LOSE HORRIBLY...and you guys are going about everything wrong, get out of your minds and into your hearts..if YOU CAN.

posted on Sep, 7 2017 @ 08:58 AM
link   

originally posted by: AugustusMasonicus

That is one example. How about home builders losing work due to illegals driving down the cost of construction labor? My father had to close his business because he couldnt compete while paying his men a decent wage. My old boss lost his drywall company to the same thing.

So unskilled laborers did a better job hanging drywall than your experienced father?

How you ever "owned 2 restaraunts" is beyond me, if this is your level of communication and intelect.

I'm sure the fact that I owned multiple successful businesses is beyond you, of this I have no doubt at all.

Again, your comprehension is reprehensible. You have proven again, you cannot read and comprehend what I said, because you again misquote me.

The reason my boss lost his drywall business is because a van load of mexicans can outbid an honest company because they don't have as much overhead for employment costs. Easy. Maybe this is why you "owned" a restaraunt in past tense? If you can't see the point I am making, how could you have hoped to survive in one of the toughest industries?

Btw, dont act like your special because you were a business owner, it is unbecoming. I owned a wholesale distribution company that would swallow a restaraunt, and make your budget look like pennies on the dollar.

posted on Sep, 7 2017 @ 09:01 AM
link   

The reason my boss lost his drywall business is because a van load of mexicans can outbid an honest company because they don't have as much overhead for employment costs. Easy.

You call my reading compression reprehensible yet you fail to address the quality aspect. So this 'van load' of Mexicans can hang the same/higher quality drywall than your former boss? I guess your boss should have done a better job.

Maybe this is why you "owned" a restaraunt in past tense?

Not 'a', two, as in plural, and I sold them both at a profit.

Btw, dont act like your special because you were a business owner, it is unbecoming. I owned a wholesale distribution company that would swallow a restaraunt, and make your budget look like pennies on the dollar.

Good for you. How did you not get run into the ground like your boss or your daddy? What did you do different? How come the illegals didn't swamp you? Maybe you should have taught them something about proper business management.

posted on Sep, 7 2017 @ 09:58 AM
link   
a reply to: Metallicus

These people are basically Americans. They grew up here, speak the language, pay taxes, ect. 16% of this group are home owners. They must go to uni or join the military to stay here. We shouldn't be deporting some of the most productive members of our society.

posted on Sep, 7 2017 @ 10:05 AM
link   
a reply to: 3NL1GHT3N3D1

Its not a punishment, they are just being sent back to their home countries.

Kind of 'Racist' to assume that going back is automatically a bad thing? I dont think it is.

Economic migrants are coming up from the southern border by in large, they arent refugees escaping Mexico because its a sniphole.

posted on Sep, 7 2017 @ 10:06 AM
link   

originally posted by: Sheye
From what I understand from other comments on this thread... there are doctors , lawyers and engineers working as illegals as well... so your argument is moot .

My argument applies at every level. If you are a dish washer and some illegal takes your job away, you must be a pretty piss poor dishwasher.

If you want to be a doctor and some illegal can pass the M-CAT over you then I don't really want you being involved with my healthcare.

Some run their own construction companies , and those contracts could be given to hard working legals that deserve them just as much, and pay better wages to their employees 🤷🏻‍♀️

You know who 'deserves' the job? The person who can do it better.

Remember the good old days when people would hire and they had signs like, 'Help Wanted, no dogs, no Irish'? I guess those people had legitimate concerns that dogs and/or the Irish would out work them.

Oh, and none of your reply addresses why you seem to be working three part time jobs.

Many Americans can do as good of a job or better than illegals , but it is the greed of the employer that fuels the hiring of lower paid employees. No benefits , no insurance... just quick easy labour for cheap !

Illegals will not challenge their employees on labour laws either , so business owners with bad labour practices love to hire them.

posted on Sep, 7 2017 @ 10:08 AM
link   

originally posted by: seeker1963
a reply to: Metallicus

A friend of mine lives in Rochester, NY. He was walking under a bridge and heard someone stirring and he saw a guy waking up. My friend is a Vet and he hollered up, "Are you okay?". The guy comes down and he is a Veteran. My friend learned this talking to him. He couldn't get any help from our government!

So NO, when we have homeless people who served this country? I could care less about those here illegally!

I am confused.

What does the Trump Administrations failure to address the Homeless Veterans crisis have to do with immigrants who were brought here as children with no knowledge or control over their legal status?

How bizarre. Do you also blame brown people when you stub your toe?

BTW - DACA recipients include US Veterans.

posted on Sep, 7 2017 @ 10:12 AM
link   

Many Americans can do as good of a job or better than illegals , but it is the greed of the employer that fuels the hiring of lower paid employees. No benefits , no insurance... just quick easy labour for cheap !

Illegals will not challenge their employees on labour laws either , so business owners with bad labour practices love to hire them.

Do you know what the number one reason employees leave their current jobs? Because they are not being paid enough, meaning someone else out there is hiring them away at a better salary. It isn't getting s*** canned because someone else washes the dishes or hangs the drywall cheaper than you.

And frankly, if some unskilled illegal can hang drywall better than you and you've been doing that as a career you need to rethink your career choice.

And quite frankly, you're not even American and you're bitching about a policy decision in the United States. This doesn't impact you in the least bit.

posted on Sep, 7 2017 @ 10:16 AM
link   

originally posted by: 3NL1GHT3N3D1
Imagine that your parents moved to another country illegally when you were a kid from no fault/say of your own, now imagine you've been there for most of your adult life and have built up a decent life and work hard and pay taxes through your work permit and have laid a foundation for the rest of your life, etc.

Now imagine someone coming in and taking all your stuff you worked so hard for and then deporting you out of the country all because you had no say in where you were going as a kid.

That would suck wouldn't it? Imagine if the government came to your house today and started seizing your property and telling you you couldn't live there anymore. How would you feel?

Those "illegals" are still people you know, that's why you should feel sorry for them, because their entire lives are going to be upended and destroyed over no fault of their own.

But then again the term "illegal alien/immigrant" takes a little bit of humanity away from the person and makes it easier to not feel sorry for them, so I can see why you possibly wouldn't care about their entire lives being ruined.

If someone built an entire foundation of life here ILLEGALY, wouldn't it seem like it would be a lot easier to go through the process to make it LEGAL? You know, since they can now show they are productive members of society. So, what's the big deal?

posted on Sep, 7 2017 @ 10:21 AM
link   

And frankly, if some unskilled illegal can hang drywall better than you and you've been doing that as a career you need to rethink your career choice.
a reply to: AugustusMasonicus

Who said they could do it better ? They will do it cheaper though, probably not ask for overtime pay, and ignore that safety regulations aren't enforced by the company.

posted on Sep, 7 2017 @ 10:23 AM
link   

Who said they could do it better ? They will do it cheaper though, probably not ask for overtime pay, and ignore that safety regulations aren't enforced by the company.

So your former boss whored himself on price and didn't try to compete on his higher quality skills and performance? We're back to my original point, your former boss needs to increase his value in the marketplace, he should have done that by focusing on the high quality of his workmanship instead of trying to be the lowest bidder. People do in fact prefer quality.

I still don't see how this policy impacts you as a non-American.

posted on Sep, 7 2017 @ 10:28 AM
link   

So your former boss whored himself on price and didn't try to compete on his higher quality skills and performance? We're back to my original point, your former boss needs to increase his value in the marketplace, he should have done that by focusing on the high quality of his workmanship instead of trying to be the lowest bidder. People do in fact prefer quality.

I still don't see how this policy impacts you as a non-American.

It's not about what impacts me... it's about what impacts Americans. Am I not allowed an opinion unless I am American ?

posted on Sep, 7 2017 @ 10:30 AM
link   
So just to shed some reality on the situation, probably most illegal aliens like most Americans (80%), live paycheck to paycheck. Working hard hardly guarantees you'll make ends meet. So as the kids who would be affected by DACA got jobs and grew up, once they were already established and then considered trying to legalize their citizenship, perhaps many did not because they feared they would fail.. and end up being shipped back to their home country, with no money, and tearing their families apart. Citizenship is not a guaranteed thing.

So while it's easy to say "Well they should just have become a citizen!".. consider that it is not as easy as it sounds. And for many, the risk of being deported or the lack of money made them decide to keep their heads down, and just work hard and keep quiet. I understand they are illegally here.. just saying people act as if it is black and white, and it rarely is. Perhaps someone takes care of their older grandparent, and are afraid to apply lest they fail.. and they and then perhaps their parents and grandparents are all deported. Who knows. It's easy to say they should have "just got citizenship," it's a completely different thing to actually do it.

As far as the OP goes.. you don't have to have empathy for anyone if you don't want to. Sadly it's something that our media-glutted, desensitized citizens lack greatly. You know empathy and care is very low, when an older man gets hit by a car on a highway, and people just drive past rather than stopping to help him.
edit on 7-9-2017 by fleabit because: (no reason given)

posted on Sep, 7 2017 @ 10:38 AM
link   

The reason my boss lost his drywall business is because a van load of mexicans can outbid an honest company because they don't have as much overhead for employment costs. Easy.

You call my reading compression reprehensible yet you fail to address the quality aspect. So this 'van load' of Mexicans can hang the same/higher quality drywall than your former boss? I guess your boss should have done a better job.

Maybe this is why you "owned" a restaraunt in past tense?

Not 'a', two, as in plural, and I sold them both at a profit.

Good for you. How did you not get run into the ground like your boss or your daddy? What did you do different? How come the illegals didn't swamp you? Maybe you should have taught them something about proper business management.

I was just a good talker. The industry I was in did not take such a big hit with illegals. I had to report to the irs, dea, and dept of revenue. Too much oversight to hire illegals in my field.

posted on Sep, 7 2017 @ 10:44 AM
link   

It's not about what impacts me... it's about what impacts Americans. Am I not allowed an opinion unless I am American ?

So nice of you to care about us with your irrelevant anecdotal examples that have zero relevance on the United States. I think we'll be just fine without having to hear how your father and former employer were not impacted by this decision.

posted on Sep, 7 2017 @ 10:45 AM
link   

I was just a good talker.

I guess you summed up my point, you had a higher market value.

People who's market value are poor need to increase them or stand to be replaced, and not just by illegals.

top topics

<< 6  7  8    10  11  12 >>

join