It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Why Should I Feel Bad for Illegals?

page: 8
<< 5  6  7    9  10  11 >>

join
share:

posted on Sep, 7 2017 @ 05:56 AM
link   
a reply to: zazzafrazz
Is this a real argument? You brought up who you were hiring which prompts and justly warrants asking that question, "my dear". Your not anwering it answered it, though.....

posted on Sep, 7 2017 @ 05:57 AM
link   

originally posted by: Sheye
From what I understand from other comments on this thread... there are doctors , lawyers and engineers working as illegals as well... so your argument is moot .

My argument applies at every level. If you are a dish washer and some illegal takes your job away, you must be a pretty piss poor dishwasher.

If you want to be a doctor and some illegal can pass the M-CAT over you then I don't really want you being involved with my healthcare.

Some run their own construction companies , and those contracts could be given to hard working legals that deserve them just as much, and pay better wages to their employees 🤷🏻‍♀️

You know who 'deserves' the job? The person who can do it better.

Remember the good old days when people would hire and they had signs like, 'Help Wanted, no dogs, no Irish'? I guess those people had legitimate concerns that dogs and/or the Irish would out work them.

Oh, and none of your reply addresses why you seem to be working three part time jobs.

edit on 7-9-2017 by AugustusMasonicus because: I ♥ cheese pizza.

posted on Sep, 7 2017 @ 05:59 AM
link   
a reply to: windword
Yes, He did say that to the Jews in the Old Testemant. Good work. As individuals, we should do that. God was not speaking to the government.....

posted on Sep, 7 2017 @ 06:01 AM
link   

originally posted by: pthena
Somehow or other this Norwegian guy ended up in the U.S. without much trouble. Not the right color for deportation I guess.
Now I went and made myself sick remembering that.

I guess that's your own problem since my point appears to have been missed. We can always find the bad apples but for the most part immigration is good for our country as has been demonstrated over the course of our history.

posted on Sep, 7 2017 @ 06:31 AM
link   
You're not alone and frankly I don't give a damn about the welfare of the ones even here legally. I'm sick of my country being treated like a free-for-all, open to all comers, including the scum of the earth.

They come to our countries and then bitch and moan about how we aren't like them and then we get told off when we point out that they can always choose to go back to where they came from.

No, I don't care and I honestly don't know anyone who does. The people who care are either too rich for it to bother them, or too stupid to know the true implications of what they're doing to our countries.

posted on Sep, 7 2017 @ 06:39 AM
link   

originally posted by: 3NL1GHT3N3D1
Imagine that your parents moved to another country illegally when you were a kid from no fault/say of your own, now imagine you've been there for most of your adult life and have built up a decent life and work hard and pay taxes through your work permit and have laid a foundation for the rest of your life, etc.

Now imagine someone coming in and taking all your stuff you worked so hard for and then deporting you out of the country all because you had no say in where you were going as a kid.

That would suck wouldn't it? Imagine if the government came to your house today and started seizing your property and telling you you couldn't live there anymore. How would you feel?

Those "illegals" are still people you know, that's why you should feel sorry for them, because their entire lives are going to be upended and destroyed over no fault of their own.

But then again the term "illegal alien/immigrant" takes a little bit of humanity away from the person and makes it easier to not feel sorry for them, so I can see why you possibly wouldn't care about their entire lives being ruined.
First off you shouldn't have a work permit if your parents are fugitives from the law for being in the Country illegally...That's a criminal offense...

And secondly, you probably don't really have a job...Your parents are on welfare and so are you...

The person who lives next door to you IS a U.S. citizen but he/she can't find a job because they are given to illegal aliens...The person can't afford college because he/she can't find a job and the gov't won't pay for the schooling...

It's one thing to be here illegally but it's a whole 'nuther' thing to be given everything free and clear while we have American citizens who can't get the same benefits...

posted on Sep, 7 2017 @ 06:42 AM
link   

originally posted by: AugustusMasonicus

originally posted by: Sheye
From what I understand from other comments on this thread... there are doctors , lawyers and engineers working as illegals as well... so your argument is moot .

My argument applies at every level. If you are a dish washer and some illegal takes your job away, you must be a pretty piss poor dishwasher.

If you want to be a doctor and some illegal can pass the M-CAT over you then I don't really want you being involved with my healthcare.

Some run their own construction companies , and those contracts could be given to hard working legals that deserve them just as much, and pay better wages to their employees 🤷🏻‍♀️

You know who 'deserves' the job? The person who can do it better.

Remember the good old days when people would hire and they had signs like, 'Help Wanted, no dogs, no Irish'? I guess those people had legitimate concerns that dogs and/or the Irish would out work them.

Oh, and none of your reply addresses why you seem to be working three part time jobs.

Yes, but they are taking the entry level jobs away from the youth, and entry level workers who have no work experience.

If the employer can hire an illegal cheaper than you can pay an entry level american worker to be a dishwasher, they are going to do it, because its a menial job. These jobs are supposed to be your first work experiences. Most people my age had to work jobs like this in HS and College. I have been a bagger, dishwasher, delivery driver, and a few other odd menial/labor jobs while I was building my career.

If you take away the bottom rungs of a ladder theres no way to climb up.
edit on 7-9-2017 by KnoxMSP because: (no reason given)

posted on Sep, 7 2017 @ 07:06 AM
link   
You shouldn't feel bad for them......feel bad for their parents who put them into the position their in now. So those parents who have done this to THEIR children, because they didn't want to do it the LEGAL way are the ones to lay the blame on. They say it was to give their children better lives....well you all started that BETTER LIFE with a lie. Want your children to have a better life......do the right thing, the legal thing. If they had done the right thing way back in the day we wouldn't be having this discussion. For the record, I as well as you, don't feel sorry for these people, not at all.
edit on 7-9-2017 by openyourmind1262 because: (no reason given)

posted on Sep, 7 2017 @ 07:08 AM
link   

originally posted by: KnoxMSP
Yes, but they are taking the entry level jobs away from the youth, and entry level workers who have no work experience.

I had two restaurants. I hired the local high school kids for one of them from across the highway from the location. Guess what? None of them wanted to wash dishes. They all wanted to work the front of the house.

posted on Sep, 7 2017 @ 07:23 AM
link   
There is a real irony about people in America saying they don't want illegal immigrants. Your country is based on immigration and your history shows that a large proportion of it was not based around having the right paperwork. What is the difference between then and now? The side you are on 'won'. How do you think your family (or most of your family) got to live in America? Were you there since the beginning of time or did your family move there at some point? Did your friends families move there at some point?

Ultimately, we all live on a blue marble in the vastness of space and you were fortunate enough (questionable in Trumps presidency) to be born in the US. This gave you certain options, securities and benefits that were not available to some other people who were born in some other countries. This was not their fault, just the luck of the dice. So for you to whinge about those people coming over and negatively effecting you, when they just want the same benefits, opportunities and securities that you have enjoyed but were denied it purely because of where they were born, is pretty disgusting. Especially when the country they have come from may well have been destabilised because of your country and so they are fleeing for safety and a better life for their children. What would you do if you were in their position? Fight and risk the lives of your children or flee to a safe haven? I assume you'd stay and fight, even though you are possibly fighting against a regime that was brought in or supported by the US (and other countries) and also risk the safety of your loved ones. Or even 'just' have to live in poverty with little way of being able to make things better.

You are lucky to be born in the US. That's all. Your life would be totally different if you were born in say, Syria. The illegal children were brought to the US for safety and opportunity, that's all. They are human beings. they were born into a situation they could not control and were then brought to a country that they didn't decide. But they grew up only knowing the US as their home. The one single difference between you and them, is that they were unlucky to be born in a war torn, dangerous, poverty filled country. So instead of being so full of hate for them, seeing how you might be negatively effected, look at them as individuals, as people, who have the same goals as you. To live a happy, safe life with the opportunity to better themselves. Just like your family did when they went to America. Or is that different, because that happened in the past?

posted on Sep, 7 2017 @ 07:31 AM
link   
I believe in the idea of amnesty for those who have put down roots and lived here, even though sometime back they may have entered illegally.

posted on Sep, 7 2017 @ 07:31 AM
link   
My ancestors giving up everything to come here isn't luck. My Italian ancestors sat on the island for 2 weeks trying to get into America. It is documented. My Menorcan ancestors were brought over as indentured servants, and were basically treated like slaves, to get into America. The Menorcan indentured servants built the city I was born and raised in. My Scottish ancestors sold their family land to get here, legally. My Native American ancestors lost everything, so America could be created. That is not luck. That is hard work, sacrifice, and determination.

posted on Sep, 7 2017 @ 07:34 AM
link   

I had two restaurants. I hired the local high school kids for one of them from across the highway from the location. Guess what? None of them wanted to wash dishes. They all wanted to work the front of the house.

So the rest of the country should suffer because of a generation of spoiled, entitled brats? That is illogical.

posted on Sep, 7 2017 @ 07:37 AM
link   

So the rest of the country should suffer because of a generation of spoiled, entitled brats? That is illogical.

How is the country suffering? In my example everyone that wanted a job got a job. The kids got to wait/buss/host and some poor Guatemalan scrubbed the dirty dishes the gringos used.

ETA: I find your comment kinda funny, first you're all like, 'The children!!! Dey terk der jerbs!!!', and now they're all lazy slugs.

edit on 7-9-2017 by AugustusMasonicus because: I ♥ cheese pizza.

posted on Sep, 7 2017 @ 08:00 AM
link   

originally posted by: ClovenSky
Why don't they clean up their own back yard?

Exactly.

Those friggin Irish should have planted something more hardy than goddamn potatoes back home before they infested the United States. No body likes them anyway. Or the Germans. Or the Italians. Or the Poles.

Ummm...nice deflection there...I'm sure you could have figured out that the conversation was about illegal aliens...not legal immigrants...right...?

Or am I being overly generous in my assessment...?

YouSir

posted on Sep, 7 2017 @ 08:02 AM
link   

How is the country suffering? In my example everyone that wanted a job got a job. The kids got to wait/buss/host and some poor Guatemalan scrubbed the dirty dishes the gringos used.

ETA: I find your comment kinda funny, first you're all like, 'The children!!! Dey terk der jerbs!!!', and now they're all lazy slugs.

That is one example. How about home builders losing work due to illegals driving down the cost of construction labor? My father had to close his business because he couldnt compete while paying his men a decent wage. My old boss lost his drywall company to the same thing.

If that is truly all you got out of everything I said, that is truly sad, and there is no point in conversing with you. Especially when you devolve to requoting my point with gibberish to try and discredit what I said. Sad, childish, and unintelligent.

How you ever "owned 2 restaraunts" is beyond me, if this is your level of communication and intelect.

posted on Sep, 7 2017 @ 08:08 AM
link   
a reply to: ketsuko

It sounds to me that these people in your example, wouldn't have qualified for DACA, because they came here legally and had legal status at one point, but failed to keep up with the paperwork process, and probably some fees/payments too.

DACA recipients came here illegally, and must prove that they've lived here illegally for at least 5 years before DACA began. It's a "parole" program. They must live with their family and can't leave the country. I remember one DACA individual who claims to have gotten turned around and accidentally drove into Mexico, turned around to re-enter, was identified, arrested and deported for leaving the country!

Now, Homeland Security is advising DACA paroles to self deport. I hope lawmakers make it so that DACA recipients that do self deport, can apply for re-entry and a Green Card.

posted on Sep, 7 2017 @ 08:15 AM
link   

originally posted by: Joedog1990
a reply to: windword
Yes, He did say that to the Jews in the Old Testemant. Good work. As individuals, we should do that. God was not speaking to the government.....

There was no separation of "church and state" in Moses' reign. God/Moses was the government. But, I see your point.

I was just countering someone who brought up the Bible verse about "the sins of the father" being visited on the generations.

posted on Sep, 7 2017 @ 08:17 AM
link   
Russians Flock to Trump Properties to Give Birth to U.S. Citizens

While Trump rails against U.S.-born children of undocumented immigrants, his Florida properties have become a playground for birth tourists from Russia’s upper crust. The Daily Beast has discovered several companies are advertising rentals in Trump properties to expectant Russian parents. While the Trump Organization does not directly profit from subleases of privately owned condos, it does benefit from Russian patronage of the nearby Trump International Beach Resort. (The Trump Organization did not return requests comment.)

The Florida Trump properties are convenient options for wealthy Russians who can afford it. They are notorious for buying investment properties for Russia’s hyper-wealthy, a safe place to store savings in U.S. dollars. And birth tourism companies offer Trump apartments as part of packages costing upwards of $75,000.

link

wonder if these Russian/American kids end up taking our jobs, too... birth tourism companies??

posted on Sep, 7 2017 @ 08:22 AM
link   

My ancestors giving up everything to come here isn't luck. My Italian ancestors sat on the island for 2 weeks trying to get into America. It is documented. My Menorcan ancestors were brought over as indentured servants, and were basically treated like slaves, to get into America. The Menorcan indentured servants built the city I was born and raised in. My Scottish ancestors sold their family land to get here, legally. My Native American ancestors lost everything, so America could be created. That is not luck. That is hard work, sacrifice, and determination.

So, whilst it was harsh for your family, it was good fortune for yourself that you were then lucky enough to be born in America. You are pretty much proving my point for me. Where a person is born is down to luck. You were born in America because your family was either taken there or had the opportunity to legally live there. Illegal children are just children that were born in the wrong place/time and their parents weren't give the opportunity to have the right paperwork, unlike your Scottish ancestors. From the perspective of an innocent child, that would again be luck.

As I said, we are all on a huge blue marble in space, you grew up in a place that was nice, they grew up in a place which was horrible. You are basically saying "I'm ok thanks, you coming over here from that horrible place might make my life harder, so you can't come". How are we ever going to get to a point where we come together as a world if we don't even want to rescue people from harm and misery? Whether you like it or not, you were just damn lucky to be born in the US because you had absolutely no control over it. Your life could have been VERY different, through no fault of your own or your family. Just like those children.

new topics

top topics

<< 5  6  7    9  10  11 >>

join