It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Why Should I Feel Bad for Illegals?

page: 6
<< 3  4  5    7  8  9 >>

join
share:

posted on Sep, 6 2017 @ 08:15 PM
link   

originally posted by: ketsuko
a reply to: theantediluvian

Having been brought here as minor children in the custody of their parents — some of them as infants — holding them responsible for "breaking the law" isn't just mean or callous, it's irrational and unreasonable.

Many of them are well old enough to have done something about their immigration status as legal adults in their own right, and yet they did nothing except continue to sob about it and demand it be given to them like it's owed them.

No they can't do anything about their legal status. They can't get rid of their illegal status. Having an illegal status precludes them from legal residency and from applying for a Green Card. Illegal immigrants have NO legal path to citizenship.

posted on Sep, 6 2017 @ 08:19 PM
link   
a reply to: Metallicus

You shouldn't
I don't.....If they are here illegally, I don't care about them one damn bit.

posted on Sep, 6 2017 @ 08:21 PM
link   

originally posted by: windword

originally posted by: ketsuko
a reply to: theantediluvian

Having been brought here as minor children in the custody of their parents — some of them as infants — holding them responsible for "breaking the law" isn't just mean or callous, it's irrational and unreasonable.

Many of them are well old enough to have done something about their immigration status as legal adults in their own right, and yet they did nothing except continue to sob about it and demand it be given to them like it's owed them.

No they can't do anything about their legal status. They can't get rid of their illegal status. Having an illegal status precludes them from legal residency and from applying for a Green Card. Illegal immigrants have NO legal path to citizenship.

This is what they need to change 😕... at least offer them some sort of steps to legal citizenship.

I thought Trump said they would try and do that in his campaign ?
edit on 6-9-2017 by Sheye because: (no reason given)

posted on Sep, 6 2017 @ 08:30 PM
link   
a reply to: Tardacus

So you're under the impression that these people who were brought here by their parents when they were kids broke the laws instead of their parents? Do the police put the kids of a drunk driver in handcuffs too?

What kind of logic are you using here?
edit on 9/6/2017 by 3NL1GHT3N3D1 because: (no reason given)

posted on Sep, 6 2017 @ 08:32 PM
link   
a reply to: Sheye

I'm sorry but I started nothing, you came at me unnecessarily each time.

I am not religiously baiting you, it is the other way around, how can you not see you did this each time to me? I did not seek you out nor comment on your innocent heart felt well wishes for others or questions for other people, but that is exactly what you did to me.

There was no baiting, I asked Metalicus and he answered....it had nothing to do with you, just like my sincere well wishes for Texans had zero to do with you.

It's your issue you pretend Jesus didn't heal the sick, welcome the poor and homeless, regardless of their race or background. Just like you are unable to transplant his teaching to todays issue. But as I said that is YOUR journey to go through, and has nothing to do with me and to be honest I wish you the very best on your journey.

I am not here to argue with you about your conscience or on who you selectively help, but I was here to answer the OPs question and the best answer I could give him if he was a Christian was 'I don't believe Jesus would be so selective in his help'....

Coming to a decision about faith versus atheism has nothing to do with being "cool" as you claim. it's part of someones journey they took and it is not ok for you to reduce someones journey to insults bordering on fury towards them. To be honest your rage towards me is perplexing....

Anyways...If you think I'm too cool, all I can say is thank you, 'aint you a sweetheart

edit on 6-9-2017 by zazzafrazz because: (no reason given)

posted on Sep, 6 2017 @ 08:37 PM
link   

originally posted by: windword
a reply to: Sheye

In my area, Southern California, the illegals hang out at places like Home Depot and Lowes and get picked up by people looking for cheap and convenient labor.

Being paid under the table and creating a labor recruitment pool so large it drags down REAL wages. I can pretty much guarantee they don't pay taxes, lol...and most of that money is going back to Mexico or wherever.

Does that help those that struggle to keep up with the cost of living?

How many middle class citizens do you know that are working 2 to 3 jobs right now??

Granted, this economy is service driven currently, but if I can go down to Home Depot or Lowe's and pick up a guy to do $25 per hour work for $10 to $12 per hour, what incentive do employers have to pay a citizen true wages?

None.

That's exactly why the illegal labor pool needs to be drained.

It has always boggled me why they're permitted to hang out there and do that.

I guess corporate policy? One hand washes the other??

Certainly doesn't help citizens in certain fields find a good paying job.

edit on E30America/ChicagoWed, 06 Sep 2017 20:43:04 -05009pmWednesdayth08pm by EternalShadow because: add/correction

posted on Sep, 6 2017 @ 08:38 PM
link   

Couldn't agree more!! Why don't we hear these same people complaining about all those who have children, and are in prison for other crimes? Oh, that's right, we do! Some folks seem to care ore about those who break the law than those who don't. Says a lot, doesn't it?

It's not my fault that some people invaded our country, and brought their children along for the ride, any more than it's my fault some parent got busted for committing some other crime, like dealing drugs, or armed robbery, or murder, or whatever. Why should we give more to these illegals than we give to those who follow the rules?

posted on Sep, 6 2017 @ 08:44 PM
link   

originally posted by: 3NL1GHT3N3D1
Imagine that your parents moved to another country illegally when you were a kid from no fault/say of your own, now imagine you've been there for most of your adult life and have built up a decent life and work hard and pay taxes through your work permit and have laid a foundation for the rest of your life, etc.

Now imagine someone coming in and taking all your stuff you worked so hard for and then deporting you out of the country all because you had no say in where you were going as a kid.

That would suck wouldn't it? Imagine if the government came to your house today and started seizing your property and telling you you couldn't live there anymore. How would you feel?

Those "illegals" are still people you know, that's why you should feel sorry for them, because their entire lives are going to be upended and destroyed over no fault of their own.

But then again the term "illegal alien/immigrant" takes a little bit of humanity away from the person and makes it easier to not feel sorry for them, so I can see why you possibly wouldn't care about their entire lives being ruined.

So, they didn't know they were illegal?? How did they obtain housing, or a job, without breaking the law, and using fake identification? If they didn't do that, how are they paying for anything? Welfare? How can they claim that, if they have no real ID??

If they have property here, it's through ID theft and/or some other crime. Why would I be sympathetic to them losing that? They chose to stay, knowing they weren't here legally. They committed crimes to stay.

I am not sympathetic.

posted on Sep, 6 2017 @ 08:50 PM
link   

originally posted by: worldstarcountry
Hey listen, if you were born here and your parents were too for at least four generations, then you are also the child of illegal immigrants. The founding fathers and their families did not exactly apply for visas or fill out paperwork to come here.
a reply to: infolurker
sounds good to me!

Visas for what country, exactly? Oh, that's right, there wasn't a county here then. To which of the many often-waring tribes were they supposed to apply, exactly?

No, illegal means illegal. No rewards for breaking the law.

posted on Sep, 6 2017 @ 09:03 PM
link   
a reply to: LadyGreenEyes

So why not give them an easy path to citizenship? If they are fully integrated and have lived here peacefully since being kids then they should be able to easily get their citizenship especially considering the circumstances that lead to them being here. I'm sure most if not all would gladly go through the steps to gain citizenship.
edit on 9/6/2017 by 3NL1GHT3N3D1 because: (no reason given)

posted on Sep, 6 2017 @ 09:10 PM
link   
Same old faces, screaming the same old slurs and names. Moving on.......

posted on Sep, 6 2017 @ 09:23 PM
link   
a reply to: ketsuko

Many of them are well old enough to have done something about their immigration status as legal adults in their own right

True. However, one must also weigh this fact:

Deferred Action for Childhood Arrival (DACA) recipients generally do not have a path to permanent resident status (green card).

However:

...some DACA recipients can obtain a green card if they meet specific criteria. The Immigrant Legal Resource Center recently released an advisory: www.ilrc.org... that explains the technical requirements necessary to navigate this path to a DACA green card.

citizenpath.com...

You also stated:

...and yet they did nothing except continue to sob about it and demand it be given to them like it's owed them.

You're generalizing by way of assumptions. Many are hardworking and are doing everything by the book until their probation time is served. They contribute billions of dollars to the US economy...

The DACA recipients are culturally and educationally American. They pay their own way, contribute to the economy and don’t live off government handouts. Legislative solutions like Rep. Carlos Curbelo’s (R-Fla.) Recognizing America’s Children Act would place them on a path toward citizenship and fix this problem once and for all.

www.cato.org...

posted on Sep, 6 2017 @ 09:51 PM
link   
a reply to: zazzafrazz

Rage ??? What rage ? I was commenting on your comments 🤷🏻‍♀️...

When someone only says " are you a Christian? " in their post in such a thread as this, one can easily take it as religious bait , which is why I commented on it.

I wish you well in your journey as well... and I thank you for your well wishes in mine.😁

As far as Jesus helping the poor and needy, I don't think he was talking about illegal criminals who scam ID's and live a lie.

Are you American Zazzafrazz ? Just wondering how you may feel to work 3 part time jobs to provide for your family because jobs that should pay better are being worked by the illegals ?

I am not American , but I understand that many are concerned with taking care of their own needy before helping others.

It's like the story of the cobblers children having no shoes.

Once again.. I wish you the best in your journey ... but please don't assume I am raging just because I honestly comment on some of your comments. And, do not assume I am stalking you over a few comments... this is a conspiracy site where we are allowed to comment on others opinions or questions , and a few of yours had me wondering ( and yes maybe assuming more than they were meant to mean ).. therefore the comments I made.

That is all ... 😕

edit on 6-9-2017 by Sheye because: (no reason given)

posted on Sep, 6 2017 @ 09:55 PM
link   

originally posted by: Sheye
Just wondering how you may feel to work 3 part time jobs to provide for your family because jobs that should pay better are being worked by the illegals ?

Not for nothing, but if you are really working three part time jobs because a bunch of illegals are out-hustling you I suggest increasing your value in the market place.

posted on Sep, 6 2017 @ 10:03 PM
link   

originally posted by: AugustusMasonicus

originally posted by: Sheye
Just wondering how you may feel to work 3 part time jobs to provide for your family because jobs that should pay better are being worked by the illegals ?

Not for nothing, but if you are really working three part time jobs because a bunch of illegals are out-hustling you I suggest increasing your value in the market place.

From what I understand from other comments on this thread... there are doctors , lawyers and engineers working as illegals as well... so your argument is moot .

Some run their own construction companies , and those contracts could be given to hard working legals that deserve them just as much, and pay better wages to their employees 🤷🏻‍♀️

posted on Sep, 6 2017 @ 10:06 PM
link   

Why Should I Feel Bad for Illegals?

Who says you should? And why should I care about your rant?

Sorry, I don't care.

Then why rant? Obviously you do care, because you made a freakin' thread. How do they affect you?

Shave and go home. Get over it.

posted on Sep, 6 2017 @ 10:08 PM
link   

originally posted by: Metallicus

originally posted by: thesaneone
a reply to: 3NL1GHT3N3D1
My parents had no problem doing it the legal way.

Neither did my grandparents.

Nor my wife.

I could've cheated under a military clause and got her naturalization within about 6 months of marriage date. To avoid anyone ever believing we 'gamed the system' ... she went through the line with everyone else.

The Dream is over. Wake up!!

posted on Sep, 6 2017 @ 11:18 PM
link   
a reply to: windword

It's called taking steps to apply for legal status like any other foreign national who wants to live here has to.

There was a story about a lovely couple from the UK who immigrated to this area and brought their children. They got legal status for themselves, and had dispensation for the kids, but the kids would have no status once they turned 18. As the kids were both 5 or younger at the time, the parents thought nothing of it. They felt they would have plenty of time to secure individual status for the children before they turned 18.

The parents were prosperous business owners, owning a bed and breakfast where they employed several locals. And for *years* they fought for legal immigration status for their kids against the day they would turn 18, years and tens of thousands of dollars. They were doing it correctly.

When the oldest daughter turned 18, the parents *still* had not secured legal status for her. So she self-deported rather than stay on illegally like *some* children do.

And guess what? NO ONE felt one bit sorry for her. None of these people who come out of the woodwork to sob about how horrible it is that these kids will be deported if DACA ends were anywhere around. Likely because the parents were entirely self-supporting, legal immigrants ... oh, and white ... don't forget that last bit.
edit on 6-9-2017 by ketsuko because: (no reason given)

posted on Sep, 6 2017 @ 11:25 PM
link   

originally posted by: eletheia

originally posted by: 3NL1GHT3N3D1

That doesn't really address my point though. Blame whoever you want but why should you be punished for something you had no control over?

Doesn't the Bible say....

The sins of the father will be visited on the sons?

he father could have prevented many of the sins that his children and grandchildren would fall into had he led his family in obedience to the Law of God. The effects of this fatherly mismanagement would be felt by multiple generations because what has been sown will be reaped

Our system of government does not recognize corruption of the blood, or punishing children for the crimes of their parents. That's a concept that the founding fathers did not bring with them to the new world and certainly did not incorporate into the Constitution.

posted on Sep, 6 2017 @ 11:38 PM
link   

I know a hispanic person that immigrated from Costa Rica legally and went through the legal channels and costs. He voted for Trump because he saw through the fake news and illegal means the Democrats were using. Democrats are desperate and want the DACA votes to win in the next election. It won't work. Trump will serve 8 years and Democrats will sink even lower in the positions in government. For Pete sakes, Hillary can't even come to terms with her errors and blames movies like "What About Mary" for her loss!

Illegal immigrants are just that…illegal! Fine companies like Apple and throw the illegals out of the country!!
edit on 6-9-2017 by thepixelpusher because: (no reason given)

top topics

<< 3  4  5    7  8  9 >>

join