It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Is China Setting the Stage to Intervene in the N. Korea Situation?

page: 1
<<   2 >>

join
share:
+1 more 
posted on Sep, 5 2017 @ 08:52 AM
link   
Here's an interesting article published by the South China Post:

North Korea’s nuclear test site at risk of imploding, Chinese scientist says

If mountain under which last five bombs were ‘almost certainly’ detonated crumbles, radiation would leak across region, expert warns...

Wang Naiyan, the former chairman of the China Nuclear Society and senior researcher on China’s nuclear weapons programme, said that if Wen’s findings were reliable, there was a risk of a major environmental disaster.

Another test might cause the whole mountain to cave in on itself, leaving only a hole from which radiation could escape and drift across the region, including China, he said.

Does this look like an attempt to establish justification for intervention?

I think it does.

posted on Sep, 5 2017 @ 08:55 AM
link   
a reply to: loam

Interesting. Like some report to justify an invasion to stop potential radiation fallout.

Very good find, I saw it on twitter and wondered if anyone would pick up in it.

posted on Sep, 5 2017 @ 09:00 AM
link   
a reply to: loam

I still hold the view that it's in China's interests to handle NK themselves. At the least, they would then control the replacement regime which would be far better from their point of view than a reunified Korea under U.S. protection.

posted on Sep, 5 2017 @ 09:28 AM
link   
I agree. But my geological physics and engineering are a bit rusty, is this a plausible scenario anyone?
edit on 5-9-2017 by cenpuppie because: (no reason given)

posted on Sep, 5 2017 @ 09:36 AM
link   
a reply to: cenpuppie

www.ctbto.org...

nuclearweaponarchive.org...

nnsa.energy.gov...

www.researchgate.net... roundwater_and_Radionuclide_Migration_in_the_Tuff_Pile_1_Region_of_Yucca_Flat_Numerical_Simulations/links/0deec5282445b4eb6a000000.pdf?origin=publicat ion_detail

Plenty of testing information linked above.
edit on 5-9-2017 by Boscov because: (no reason given)

posted on Sep, 5 2017 @ 09:51 AM
link   
a reply to: nwtrucker

If I were China, I would be extremely wary of doing that. The last thing I want is to have Fat Boy initiate his own Samson Option by targeting not just the US, South Korea and Japan but also Shanghai and Beijing.

There is a reason why Fat Boy wants nuclear weapons.

posted on Sep, 5 2017 @ 09:56 AM
link   

originally posted by: starwarsisreal

If I were China, I would be extremely wary of doing that. The last thing I want is to have Fat Boy initiate his own Samson Option by targeting not just the US, South Korea and Japan but also Shanghai and Beijing.

There is a reason why Fat Boy wants nuclear weapons.

Understood. Yet, it will only get worse for China as fat Boy grows stronger with nukes. Now thermo-nuclear capacity?

Sorry. It grows worse for all outside NK. Now or never, is my guess.

posted on Sep, 5 2017 @ 10:04 AM
link   

There is one option but it won't be pretty. This option was proposed by a Harvard professor and he said withdraw all US troops from South Korea and in exchange China disarms N. Korea nukes and attach Korea as part of its empire.

www.forbes.com...

One member said he would rather deal with Crazy Kim than to have China expand its empire.

posted on Sep, 5 2017 @ 10:18 AM
link   
China doesn't have an empire in the sense that westerners use the word 'empire'. One of the reasons China has been so incredibly stable in the historical long term is because it is largely passive and unyielding: the "Chinese Empire" was the unification of three kingdoms, centuries ago, into the nation called China today.

As for China's possible intervention in the North Korea situation, I hope they do it. Kim is more likely to take heed of China, whereas he is 'locked in' to bellicosity with the USA. Also, more to the point, NK is a local problem for China, and so China has more of a 'right' to address it.
edit on 5-9-2017 by audubon because: typo as usual

posted on Sep, 5 2017 @ 10:23 AM
link   
sorry double post
edit on 9/5/2017 by starwarsisreal because: (no reason given)

posted on Sep, 5 2017 @ 10:23 AM
link   
a reply to: audubon

Well does it means we should surrender South Korea to China? Because that might be the price we have to pay.

Alternatively, the US can allow China to take over South East Asia in exchange for forcing N. Korea to give up their nukes.

www.washingtonexaminer.com...

posted on Sep, 5 2017 @ 10:28 AM
link   
a reply to: starwarsisreal

I think you are confusing the things of logic with the logic of things. China has a playbook that the west has never fully understood. Let's deal with things as they unfold.

posted on Sep, 5 2017 @ 10:31 AM
link   

Whatever the case either way, at the end of this mess, China is gonna dominate Asia whether we like it or not.

posted on Sep, 5 2017 @ 10:32 AM
link   

Whatever the case either way, at the end of this mess, China is gonna dominate Asia whether we like it or not.

Yeah, but it already has done for at least a century anyway.

posted on Sep, 5 2017 @ 10:57 AM
link   

There is one option but it won't be pretty. This option was proposed by a Harvard professor and he said withdraw all US troops from South Korea and in exchange China disarms N. Korea nukes and attach Korea as part of its empire.

www.forbes.com...

One member said he would rather deal with Crazy Kim than to have China expand its empire.

To take that one to it's culmination, one is ceding all of Korea to China. Ouch.

Well, it's certainly outside the box thinking. LOL. Off the top, China would have to make more concessions than that to the U.S. for it to fly, IMO.

posted on Sep, 5 2017 @ 11:02 AM
link   
Figured the same thing. I don't know much (really just nothing) about China, but if some dude came out and made that statement and was ALLOWED to, it makes me think it's a message to the rest of the world and a prod of the citizens.

Wonder if Chinese citizens like NK or care about it/them at all. I would think not, but again, just no idea.

posted on Sep, 5 2017 @ 11:08 AM
link   
It might be China who has made Kim Jon un read the catcher in the rye .

And loaded him with the ammo !

Sponsored by Russia .

posted on Sep, 5 2017 @ 11:13 AM
link   

originally posted by: Domo1
Wonder if Chinese citizens like NK or care about it/them at all. I would think not, but again, just no idea.

China's state relations with NK have always been spotty, but have been distinctly chilly -- not more than that -- for the last five years. Last year, China's newspaper People's Daily condemned Kim Jong Un's inspections of missile production facilities, calling them warlike propaganda events. (If it's in People's Daily, it's the thoughts of the Chinese Government you're reading). The Chinese population only really think poorly of NK in the areas of China abutting the NK border, where NK predictably has a poor reputation. Elsewhere, especially in the North of China, they don't pay much heed to a 'backyard squabble'. It's a long way away, and they have other things to worry about.
edit on 5-9-2017 by audubon because: typo as usual

posted on Sep, 5 2017 @ 11:16 AM
link   
China should demand to inspect the site

treat it as a reactor at risk of meltdown
if it was that, they wouldn't just sit around

posted on Sep, 5 2017 @ 11:40 AM
link   
See how everyone is getting there ducks in a row .

Just hope the USA isn't getting drawn out , FOR A BIG MAINLAND ASSAULT !

Stay smart USA because it seems like lady liberty ,is getting cornered and your right arm is protecting others ( South Korea) and maybe there part of the plan to stick the knife in.

Laymen terms - don't go down a dark alley alone when your castle is been targeted 👍

top topics

<<   2 >>

join