It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Houston Pastor JOEL OSTEEN Will NOT Open His Mega-Church To Flood Victims!.

page: 3
<< 1  2    4  5  6 >>

join
share:

posted on Aug, 28 2017 @ 06:46 PM
link   
a reply to: Tempter

Oh, ya..that's what's going on here

+17 more 
posted on Aug, 28 2017 @ 06:47 PM
link   

originally posted by: Tempter

He probably has his hands tied by insurance companies or the bank. Have any of you thought of that?..if he goes against his terms he could lose everything and then how many people could he help?

Don't waste a chance to bash someone successful, ATS.

Good point. Jesus was very concerned about not upsetting the bank and went out of his way to avoid that type of confrontation.

posted on Aug, 28 2017 @ 06:48 PM
link   

originally posted by: Abysha
a reply to: carewemust

And he's keeping those doors locked... tax free.

Bastard.

The IRS can enact a "carve out" to revoke the church's tax exempt status. Osteen will have to raise the price of his books and shake-down the members harder.

I went to a large church here in Illinois that used to take up 3 collections per service.

posted on Aug, 28 2017 @ 06:48 PM
link   
a reply to: AugustusMasonicus

pre-flood pearls of wisdow:

Joel Osteen‏Verified account @JoelOsteen Aug 24

Don’t drift into doubt and fear. No matter what you face, stay anchored to hope.
342 replies 9,393 retweets 22,035 likes

edit on 2017-8-28 by theantediluvian because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 28 2017 @ 06:49 PM
link   
a reply to: theantediluvian

OMG... Do pastors in other countries live so luxuriously?

+4 more 
posted on Aug, 28 2017 @ 06:50 PM
link   
a reply to: Tempter

Yep, that's the prime consideration, alright. Keeping the insurance guys off your back when your parishioners are in need.

...and yes, I'm going to bash him. He's a snake oil salesman, a con-man, and a right bastard.

posted on Aug, 28 2017 @ 06:50 PM
link   
He probably won't lose a single moronic follower.

posted on Aug, 28 2017 @ 06:51 PM
link   

I missed that part of the gospels... which one was that in?

+5 more 
posted on Aug, 28 2017 @ 06:51 PM
link   

In the book of Coins 23-25; You won't be touching thyne stuff because thyne stuff is myne and if you touch thyne stuff which is myne, I will smack you down.

posted on Aug, 28 2017 @ 06:52 PM
link   

originally posted by: seagull
I missed that part of the gospels... which one was that in?

It wasn't. I was employing my typical acerbic wit.

link   
a reply to: DBCowboy

link   

originally posted by: AugustusMasonicus
a reply to: carewemust

I like how this guy talks the talk but that's about it.

I've never listened to an Osteen sermon, but have seen him interviewed on various talk-shows. He says the same thing as all the other modern Evangelical pastors, but with a better connection/charisma. He seems to the Christian counterpart to Politician Trump.

link   

originally posted by: theantediluvian
pre-flood pearls of wisdow:

Joel Osteen‏Verified account @JoelOsteen Aug 24

Don’t drift into doubt and fear. No matter what you face, stay anchored to hope.
342 replies 9,393 retweets 22,035 likes

Surprised he didn't get all his nudnick followers to build him an Ark.

+4 more 
posted on Aug, 28 2017 @ 06:53 PM
link   

originally posted by: Tempter
He probably has his hands tied by insurance companies or the bank. Have any of you thought of that?..if he goes against his terms he could lose everything and then how many people could he help?

Don't waste a chance to bash someone successful, ATS.

So what?

He could do the right thing, the bank then chooses to be a dick about it, then he can condemn them for their malice along with the rest of the country.

Why should a church even be a financially successful institution? If anything it should be content meeting the ends it needs to. Preachers certainly shouldn't be millionaires with mansions.

Jesus never owned a mansion, or anything at all for that matter. He just walked around speaking to whoever wanted to listen.

posted on Aug, 28 2017 @ 06:54 PM
link   

originally posted by: DBCowboy
In the book of Coins 23-25; You won't be touching thyne stuff because thyne stuff is myne and if you touch thyne stuff which is myne, I will smack you down.

Cersei Lannister is more likable then this clown.

posted on Aug, 28 2017 @ 06:54 PM
link   
a reply to: seagull

Jesus didn't have a church.....he wondered around for 18 years. Sounds hobo-ish to me. Osteen is an hypocrite of epic proportions who cares only about money and his/her lifestyle.....from the looks of those homes it wayyyyyyyy better than most of us.

posted on Aug, 28 2017 @ 06:56 PM
link   

originally posted by: carewemust
I've never listened to an Osteen sermon...

Well, then you've never been motivated by a true voice on the Holy Scriptures. No one can preach the Gospels to you like Joel and then send you out in the world to help others while he sits at home on his fat stacks.

It's truly inspirational.

edit on 28-8-2017 by AugustusMasonicus because: Armaments 2:9-21 And the people did feast upon the lambs, and sloths, and carp, and anchovies, and orangutans, and breakfast cereals, and fruit bats...

posted on Aug, 28 2017 @ 07:04 PM
link   
a reply to: openyourmind1262

Yes, he is a hypocrite of, well, biblical proportions. Too soon?

I think it's fairly safe to say that Jesus would say something along the lines of..."You, Joel Osteen, are a cad and a bounder!" Then flip over his table in the ostentatious temple to his own righteousness.

posted on Aug, 28 2017 @ 07:05 PM
link   

originally posted by: seagull
I think it's fairly safe to say that Jesus would say something along the lines of..."You, Joel Osteen, are a cad and a bounder!" Then flip over his table in the ostentatious temple to his own righteousness.

Did you just make up that part of the Gospels?

posted on Aug, 28 2017 @ 07:06 PM
link   

So there isn't a book in the bible, the Gospels of Joel, wherein it is taught that one may fleece your flock and lock the temple when it is most needed to shelter and feed them??

new topics

top topics

<< 1  2    4  5  6 >>

join