It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Houston Pastor JOEL OSTEEN Will NOT Open His Mega-Church To Flood Victims!.

page: 2
<< 1    3  4  5 >>

join
share:
+5 more 
posted on Aug, 28 2017 @ 06:34 PM
link   
....any takers that when the flood recedes this snake oil salesman will have a fundraiser

posted on Aug, 28 2017 @ 06:36 PM
link   
a reply to: carewemust

I'm Christian and I never liked this guy. God doesn't like him neither, pretty sure.

link   

originally posted by: khnum
....any takers that when the flood recedes this snake oil salesman will have a fundraiser

I'm surprised he hasn't started one already.

+9 more 
link   
a reply to: amazing

I'm sure he saw this picture of elderly members of his community on TV just like everyone else did:

Most of us see that and we're largely unable to help in any meaningful way but we would if we were able. A man who has made, it looks like hundreds of millions, pimping himself as a "Christian" leader — and is perfectly capable of helping in a very big way — doesn't even help his own community?

What a scumbag indeed.
edit on 2017-8-28 by theantediluvian because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 28 2017 @ 06:37 PM
link   
What a cockroach..sorry to insult cockroaches.
Joel, you sad sack of crap..may there be a pox on both your houses.

posted on Aug, 28 2017 @ 06:38 PM
link   
And yet he has millions of followers and is worth, just himself, over 55 million-which he claims he made from "book sales" and does not take any salary from his church. And, his wife has her own new cosmetic scheme to milk all those Christian women. There are plenty of stories about how she treats the "little people."

Yet, how they are loved. Such humble people. Bet that church is filled on Sunday-unless Joey is afraid it might get tainted by non-members needing shelter-but he will pray for them-how noble.

posted on Aug, 28 2017 @ 06:38 PM
link   
I'd think this pretty much sums it up.

----------------------------------------

Matthew 25:
“When the Son of Man comes in His glory, and all the holy angels with Him, then He will sit on the throne of His glory. 32 All the nations will be gathered before Him, and He will separate them one from another, as a shepherd divides his sheep from the goats. 33 And He will set the sheep on His right hand, but the goats on the left. 34 Then the King will say to those on His right hand, ‘Come, you blessed of My Father, inherit the kingdom prepared for you from the foundation of the world: 35 for I was hungry and you gave Me food; I was thirsty and you gave Me drink; I was a stranger and you took Me in; 36 I was naked and you clothed Me; I was sick and you visited Me; I was in prison and you came to Me.’

37 “Then the righteous will answer Him, saying, ‘Lord, when did we see You hungry and feed You, or thirsty and give You drink? 38 When did we see You a stranger and take You in, or naked and clothe You? 39 Or when did we see You sick, or in prison, and come to You?’ 40 And the King will answer and say to them, ‘Assuredly, I say to you, inasmuch as you did it to one of the least of these My brethren, you did it to Me.’

41 “Then He will also say to those on the left hand, ‘Depart from Me, you cursed, into the everlasting fire prepared for the devil and his angels: 42 for I was hungry and you gave Me no food; I was thirsty and you gave Me no drink; 43 I was a stranger and you did not take Me in, naked and you did not clothe Me, sick and in prison and you did not visit Me.’

44 “Then they also will answer Him, saying, ‘Lord, when did we see You hungry or thirsty or a stranger or naked or sick or in prison, and did not minister to You?’ 45 Then He will answer them, saying, ‘Assuredly, I say to you, inasmuch as you did not do it to one of the least of these, you did not do it to Me.’ 46 And these will go away into everlasting punishment, but the righteous into eternal life.”

posted on Aug, 28 2017 @ 06:39 PM
link   

originally posted by: notsure1

I bet he caves and opens it up.. But can you blame him after the Superdome disaster and Katrina?

The Superdome is still there and functioning. Joel Osteen is not only callous, but short-sighted as well. His church would receive enough Federal Aid to turn it into the Taj-Mahal.

+4 more 
posted on Aug, 28 2017 @ 06:40 PM
link   
Can we please start taxing churches?

Joel Osteen, you are the scum of earth and I hope karma pays you back.

posted on Aug, 28 2017 @ 06:41 PM
link   

originally posted by: theantediluvian
a reply to: amazing

I'm sure he saw this picture of elderly members of his community on TV just like everyone else did:

Most of us see that and we're largely unable to help in any meaningful way but we would if we were able. A man who has made, it looks like hundreds of millions, pimping himself as a "Christian" leader — and is perfectly capable of helping in a very big way — doesn't even help his own community?

What a scumbag indeed.

especially when that is the community that gave him everything he has.

posted on Aug, 28 2017 @ 06:42 PM
link   
From the Lakewood Church website:

Hurricane Disaster Relief

We want to let you know that our hearts are with each of you and your families during this difficult time. We are praying for you and we are praying for our city, and for all of those affected by the devastating flooding and rains caused by Hurricane Harvey. We love you and we love this city. And we want to help.

Over the last couple of days, as the enormity of this storm was being realized, we have been working to organize relief efforts for the Houston area with our friend Franklin Graham and the disaster relief organization that he oversees, Samaritan’s Purse. Samaritan’s Purse has been, since it’s inception, organized to respond to situations just like Hurricane Harvey, and we are grateful to be able to partner with them to provide assistance to the Houston area.

We know the need is great. That much is clear. We do not yet know all the ways we can help. However if you would like to register to volunteer with us, please do so by clicking the link below. Or, if you would like to donate to our relief efforts, please do so here in this page. We are working just as fast as we can on this and will update you with more information as it becomes available.

In the meantime, know that our prayers for strength and comfort for each of you will continue, as well as our prayers for God’s help as we navigate the upcoming days and months together.

We love you. And we are praying. Together, we will make it through this difficult time.

He'll solicit donations, he'll offer to pray. Open up his money maker? Not so much.
edit on 2017-8-28 by theantediluvian because: (no reason given)

+5 more 
posted on Aug, 28 2017 @ 06:42 PM
link   
a reply to: theantediluvian

That's exactly who he'll aim his BS at, too.

Those who can least afford to give him any money. These are quite literally indulgences that are, according to Luther, anti-ethical to Christian teachings.

posted on Aug, 28 2017 @ 06:43 PM
link   
They will probably remove this but I don't care..I think it fits

edit on 28-8-2017 by vonclod because: (no reason given)

link   
Its the wal mart of churches. I dont know how anyone would expect different.

link   

Oh c'mon. I'm sure the guy could be persuaded if you donate to his church!

posted on Aug, 28 2017 @ 06:44 PM
link   
a reply to: Awen24

Pretty much.

I doubt Osteen is at all familiar with those, either in word, or in deed.

posted on Aug, 28 2017 @ 06:44 PM
link   
Makes sense. Jesus never said anything about Noah.

+2 more 
posted on Aug, 28 2017 @ 06:45 PM
link   

originally posted by: theantediluvian

In the meantime, know that our prayers for strength and comfort for each of you will continue, as well as our prayers for God’s help as we navigate the upcoming days and months together.

He'll solicit donations, he'll offer to pray. Open up his money maker? Not so much.

Hey! Take it easy on the guy, he's providing 'prayers and strength' to all the victims since, you know, you can eat that or use it to keep you dry.

link   
He probably has his hands tied by insurance companies or the bank. Have any of you thought of that?..if he goes against his terms he could lose everything and then how many people could he help?

Don't waste a chance to bash someone successful, ATS.

link   

originally posted by: Bluntone22
Maybe his church is underwater.......

No..it's built on a hill.. closer to GOD.

top topics

<< 1    3  4  5 >>

join