It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Houston Pastor JOEL OSTEEN Will NOT Open His Mega-Church To Flood Victims!.

page: 23
<< 20  21  22   >>

join
share:

posted on Sep, 1 2017 @ 08:44 PM
link   

originally posted by: realAgentSmith
a reply to: theantediluvian

I am a christian myself,...

I hope he loses all of his followers, people burn his books, and he goes bankrupt in 5 years because he cant make his mortgage payments on those mansions of his.

Now, now. That's not a very Christian thing to say, or even think.

Remember, Jesus said,

But woe unto you that are rich! for ye have received your consolation. -- KJV, Luke 6:24

Joel is rich, he has received his reward. Nobody should wish him ill because of this, since the Lord's plan is already there determining what and when the reward for each man comes to him. That's why Joel preaches "Your Best Life Now", because he has seen his best life, and is living it, that's why he believes this, he has empirical proof. No true Christian would wish to take away that which Joel has been given, before the Lord decides the credit is up.

posted on Sep, 2 2017 @ 02:37 AM
link   
a reply to: AMPTAH

We don't begrudge him his palaces, however strange his taste in the opulent and extravagant for a so-called Christian leader.

Maybe I went a little overboard with my impression of Jesus spewing Joel Osteen from his mouth and saying, I never knew you.

But it just kinda looks like he's crafted a theology to go with a certain lavish lifestyle and for many that's not the true gist of the gospel message.

The question is, would he sell it all in a heartbeat or fling open the doors of his church to his suffering neighbors?

Where's his heart at, or is he as plastic as he appears to be? At least Joyce Myers has a little spunk, and she openly struggles with it (the money) and feels guilty about it all the time in a way.

There's just such a vacuum of authentic Christian leadership in American Christendom, while the unsung heros do the work of the Lord every day in some secret form or another.

I think Joel may be slightly sociopathic and well kind of plastic and empty inside. No home would be truly big enough for him.

We're not condemning him to eternal damnation, we're just saying hey, what's up with this guy who professes to speak for Jesus?

I think it's the height of both hypocrisy and absurdity.

Poor Joel the rich man.

If the parable is true then he's already had his reward.

He doesn't have to go broke to lose it all, even what he thinks he has, and he doesn't have to die to lose it all or to be judged by God, who alone knows our true hearts and what we're really up to.

Me personally, I don't much care for him to be perfectly honest.

But should I pray for him?

edit on 2-9-2017 by AnkhMorpork because: (no reason given)

posted on Sep, 2 2017 @ 02:43 AM
link   

originally posted by: Raxoxane
a reply to: carewemust

Well colour me surprised

Yes, you basically said my own thoughts. If anyone ever says they're a christian you can almost be sure they most definitely are not one.

Aside from the bastards who run things behind the scenes and orchestrate everything and islamic extremists I put these hypocritical holier than thou nonsense peddling thieves right up there on the same list of world biggest scumbags and if a hell existed they would have coach tickets on a one way trip.

What a dog of a man.

posted on Sep, 2 2017 @ 08:00 AM
link   

originally posted by: AnkhMorpork

originally posted by: Aazadan
a reply to: AnkhMorpork

That behavior is VERY common for mega church owners.

No one can OWN a "church"!

What a racket. Boy would Jesus be pissed!

Jesus would be pissed about a lot of things megachurches do. This wouldn't even be one of the top 5 offenders.

posted on Sep, 2 2017 @ 09:26 AM
link   

We don't begrudge him his palaces, however strange his taste in the opulent and extravagant for a so-called Christian leader.

I think many of the things you see are the result of his wife's decisions, appetites, and tastes.

He has to keep his wife happy.

posted on Sep, 2 2017 @ 03:28 PM
link   
At least he got his money by asking for it.

posted on Sep, 3 2017 @ 09:53 PM
link   

originally posted by: AMPTAH

I think many of the things you see are the result of his wife's decisions, appetites, and tastes.

He has to keep his wife happy.

Joel Osteen was on Television again today explaining why he didn't open the Church to flood victims until social media pressure forced him to. He sounded like someone with a guilty conscious. But he was all smiles!

posted on Sep, 4 2017 @ 04:53 AM
link   

I am sure that if he was as generous with his impossible wealth, as any Christian person should be, if he had offered from the get go, rather than been pressured into housing the needy in their darkest hour, he would receive no flak. As it is, he deserves every unkind word and ill thought he has received in response to his reluctant engagement with the most fundamental principles of Christs message.

Please do not appease the fool, or advocate on his behalf. His position is unsupportable.

posted on Sep, 5 2017 @ 09:17 AM
link   
It wont up load a you tube song about Joel. A Dolly Parton song taking the Pi$$ out of him
edit on 5-9-2017 by illuminnaughty because: (no reason given)

posted on Sep, 8 2017 @ 04:53 PM
link   
a reply to: carewemust

Anyone with a brain knows that Joel Olsteen is nothing but a scammer. He only wants his money and to manipulate everyone.

posted on Sep, 8 2017 @ 10:51 PM
link   
a reply to: illuminnaughty

Is this the one you are talking about?
edit on 8-9-2017 by NightSkyeB4Dawn because: Spooky stuff!

posted on Sep, 11 2017 @ 12:48 PM
link   
a reply to: NightSkyeB4Dawn

Yes thanks for that it is an excellent skit lol

new topics

top topics

<< 20  21  22   >>

join