It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Houston Pastor JOEL OSTEEN Will NOT Open His Mega-Church To Flood Victims!.

page: 16
<< 13  14  15    17  18  19 >>

join
share:

posted on Aug, 29 2017 @ 08:49 AM
link   
a reply to: TrueBrit

Amen, brother

posted on Aug, 29 2017 @ 08:51 AM
link   

originally posted by: richapau
a reply to: carewemust

This guy is an epic pos!

It seems that the church itself has had some flooding issues. They are preparing to take in people, but they can only hold people on the 2nd floor, from what I've seen.

Honestly, I think we are being unfair to Osteen and the church on this issue.

posted on Aug, 29 2017 @ 09:01 AM
link   

originally posted by: TrueBrit
a reply to: interupt42

*Chortle*

Its not a mutually exclusive description. It fits both charlatans of the Republican and Democrat ilk.

No disagreement from me on that, but had to give props to Hillary for taking sniper fire for her country.

posted on Aug, 29 2017 @ 09:02 AM
link   

Ok, that actually hurt my sides!

Nice one!

posted on Aug, 29 2017 @ 09:10 AM
link   
a reply to: xuenchen

My god I just gave you a star.

Come to think of it ... here's some more:

posted on Aug, 29 2017 @ 09:27 AM
link   
This is so pathetic that he hardly even pretends to support any rational sense of morality. This is a cult and it's hard to imagine why anyone would ever believe his lies.

link   
This is so pathetic that he hardly even pretends to support any rational sense of morality. This is a cult and it's hard to imagine why anyone would ever believe his lies.

link   

posted on Aug, 29 2017 @ 09:39 AM
link   
I've long held disdain for Joel Osteen. He's what is called a prosperity preacher; he espouses the belief that God is going to give you tons of money and stuff. Much of his teaching is based upon false doctrine and outright lies. He's evil. Now, this story doesn't surprise me in the slightest. All it serves to do is show his true colours to the world at large. He cares not for his fellow man, or putting all that God allegedly blessed him with to good use by restoring his community. He's a pile of filth.

posted on Aug, 29 2017 @ 11:01 AM
link   

originally posted by: TrueBrit

*Chortle*

Its not a mutually exclusive description. It fits both charlatans of the Republican and Democrat ilk. Hes no Christian, and Clinton is no lefty, so its all perfectly synchronous in that aspect.

I agree with you about the"organized churches" those are nothing but fashion shows and gossip and greed.
Did you know anytime you read th ebible or study it you are in church without actually going to a place called a church? GASP! i know right?

posted on Aug, 29 2017 @ 11:40 AM
link   

Every time I saw that guy, I knew something is off about that fella....... Behind that smile and friendly face lies something sinister.
edit on 8/29/2017 by starwarsisreal because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 29 2017 @ 11:42 AM
link   

originally posted by: introvert

This guy is an epic pos!

It seems that the church itself has had some flooding issues. They are preparing to take in people, but they can only hold people on the 2nd floor, from what I've seen.

BRHAHAHAHAHAHAHA wow that's the funniest thing you have ever said on ATS!!! We're being unfair to the guy who made millions of fleecing people over there belief in fantasy!! Talk about preying on people....

posted on Aug, 29 2017 @ 11:46 AM
link   
a reply to: GuidedKill

check out this link buzz.blog.ajc.com... there are a couple of pic of water inside "somewhere" could be anywhere...there is a video of a guy who went to the church a few a hours ago....20 cars in the parking lot no flooding even in the loading unloading area that is below ground level

posted on Aug, 29 2017 @ 11:53 AM
link   
oh my gosh!!! Peter Popoff is the original shyster....he was caught with a hidden wire...people would show up at his services and fill out a form about the medical ills and what not...his wife was off stage feeding him the information off those cards and describing the person..where they were sitting and he would call on them and miraculously
know what was medically wrong and they would be cured

originally posted by: xuenchen
Does anybody know if Joel will be importing any of Peter Popoff's baggies of miracle spring water ?

It's supposed to help you become debt free !!

posted on Aug, 29 2017 @ 11:53 AM
link   
I watched an interview of that guy once. He is the slickest snake-oil salesman I've seen. A good part of the interview was about why he thinks God is perfectly ok with rich pastors. It was ridiculous.

posted on Aug, 29 2017 @ 11:54 AM
link   

originally posted by: Tempter
Despite all the hate from ATS folk, nearly all or completely all who will never raise a finger to help South Texas, Joel remains someone who people feel brings them closer to God.

And if you haven't listened to him before, I suggest you do. The man has the gift of voice unlike any I've ever heard.

I'm not a Christian, per se. But he does move me every time I hear him, and millions of others.

Do any of you thick headed fools consider THAT might be the reason he's successful?

Such hate on this forum.

Not hate - truth. His sermons are designed to sound like they are directed to each individual and their current problems. It's a miracle!

He is a feel good preacher - not a pastor.

posted on Aug, 29 2017 @ 12:05 PM
link   
He is a fake, fraud, phony. Anyone who attends this church and gives their hard earned money to him are idiots of the highest level. This man is enriching himself off the backs of others trials and tribulations....

Joel Osteen is the furthest from God as anyone I have ever seen. I'm an atheist and this dude is worse than me!! I may not believe in God but I also don't believe in using God as a way to gain wealth....

posted on Aug, 29 2017 @ 12:07 PM
link   

originally posted by: AugustusMasonicus

I like how this guy talks the talk but that's about it.

In my extensive experience (long story) this is par for the course for most so-called "Christians".

edit on 29/8/2017 by Kryties because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 29 2017 @ 12:25 PM
link   

originally posted by: GuidedKill

originally posted by: introvert

This guy is an epic pos!

BRHAHAHAHAHAHAHA wow that's the funniest thing you have ever said on ATS!!! We're being unfair to the guy who made millions of fleecing people over there belief in fantasy!! Talk about preying on people....

Yes, he's a con man and I think he peddles fantasy, but in this case I think we may be jumping to conclusions and unfairly demonizing the man, in regards to him opening up the church to victims of the flood.

I need to know a lot more context before I am willing to jump on the outrage bandwagon. There may be very reasonable reasons for him not opening up the church until today.

posted on Aug, 29 2017 @ 12:55 PM
link   
People all ready being ignorant of or with politics and FAKE NEWS........Unreal how bigoted this country has become with these social media devices...They do nothing but harm our souls hearts and minds.....I will be giving something for the victims of this flood hoping you fellas also will instead of complaining over every little thing.

new topics

top topics

<< 13  14  15    17  18  19 >>

join