It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Houston Pastor JOEL OSTEEN Will NOT Open His Mega-Church To Flood Victims!.

page: 15
<< 12  13  14    16  17  18 >>

join
share:

posted on Aug, 29 2017 @ 05:53 AM
link   
He will find some reason why God says it is ok to let people suffer instead of helping them.

Unfortunately many religious people manage to justify their inaction or action this way.

posted on Aug, 29 2017 @ 06:24 AM
link   

originally posted by: carewemust
For those who don't know, Joel Osteen is a pastor who now has one of the largest Christian "Mega Churches" in the country. It's in Houston. Who is Joel Osteen?: en.wikipedia.org...

Houston-based celebrity pastor Joel Osteen is coming under fire on Twitter for not opening up the doors to his Church for storm victims to take shelter.

Osteen — pastor at Houston’s Lakewood Church — has kept the doors closed even though pictures on Twitter appear to show that the Church escaped the brunt of the storm. Lakewood Church — which was formerly an NBA arena called The Summit, home to the Houston Rockets — holds 16,800 people.
Source: www.mediaite.com...

I really don't know what to say. "Shame on you!" is not anywhere near strong enough. Talk about giving Christians and Christian Pastors a bad reputation! Jesus.

-CareWeMust

I don't blame him. The place would be trashed.

I don't consider it to be a matter of being "Christian" because I don't believe that Joel Osteen is actually a Christian.

posted on Aug, 29 2017 @ 06:28 AM
link   

originally posted by: Joneselius
For the Christians on this forum, the fact that this man is now exposed as a charlatan should come as NO surprise at all. He's in the same league as Creflo Dollar and Benny Hinn.

These 'pastors' think they are 'little Gods' and that they can 'will' things into existence. They're absolutely insane - they're also DECIDEDLY NOT Christian!

If only people know what the Bible says about these people and their ilk. Jesus warns us about these people. They prophesy falsely and scratch the itching ears of the masses.

Joel Osteen has been outed by God. Now we know, truly, where his heart is, and so whom it is who he serves. Mammon.
Let God deal with the judgement. Just try to help each other now.

Insulting this man is not conducive to forgiving him for this heinous act. Forgive him you must though, or your anger will turn to hatred, a sin in itself..... Be strong guys.

Very much this

posted on Aug, 29 2017 @ 06:35 AM
link   
a reply to: seagull

Osteen does not fleece......he smiles the money right out of your pocket. Those poor people gladly give those lying eyes money that they don't have. Now the preacher down the road without a pot tp piss in will be out there giving everything he has to help his fellow man, that's guaranteed. Texans are a damn hardly lot of people, gonna take more than water to wipe them out or kill their spirit.

posted on Aug, 29 2017 @ 06:59 AM
link   

originally posted by: introvert
Just read through the thread and I agree with most comments. Osteen has become filthy rich off of selling his prosperity gospel and he has a duty to help in this situation.

That being said, it would be unwise for him to simply open his doors without being prepared first. If he were open the doors to potentially thousands of people without having food, supplies, medical assistance, etc, in place it could lead to even bigger issues.

Not only that, be the church is right in the thick of the mess. It may be a bit difficult to the get all the supplies needed together in a short amount of time.

I understand what people are saying here, but I think we may have jumped the gun and do not know all the facts surrounding this issue.

Exactly! I have to think that that their church would do more good assisting and getting outside supplies into the designated convention center rather than complicate things by opening their doors. I don't care much for tv evangelists...but common sense says this is a smart choice at this time.

While the church and its arena have not suffered any flood damage yet, ministry spokesman Donald Iloff said their property is inaccessible because of surrounding waters.

And it makes no sense to open church doors when the city and county are already treating thousands of flood victims at the nearby George R. Brown Convention Center, according to Iloff.

“It has everything inside there – medicine, doctors, places to sleep,” Iloff said of the convention center. “It’s amazing what they’re doing there the make people comfortable.”

Source

posted on Aug, 29 2017 @ 07:00 AM
link   

originally posted by: Tempter
Despite all the hate from ATS folk, nearly all or completely all who will never raise a finger to help South Texas, Joel remains someone who people feel brings them closer to God.

And if you haven't listened to him before, I suggest you do. The man has the gift of voice unlike any I've ever heard.

I'm not a Christian, per se. But he does move me every time I hear him, and millions of others.

Do any of you thick headed fools consider THAT might be the reason he's successful?

Such hate on this forum.

Are you talking about Hitler? It sounds like that.

posted on Aug, 29 2017 @ 07:06 AM
link   
By the way Joel Osteen released a statement saying His doors are always open and they welcome any flood victims in their church should they need more space.......
Guess the FAKE NEWS got you fooled.

posted on Aug, 29 2017 @ 07:08 AM
link   

originally posted by: Jobeycool
By the way Joel Osteen released a statement saying His doors are always open and they welcome any flood victims in their church should they need more space.......
Guess the FAKE NEWS got you fooled.

Nah it didn't. He just saw the backlash he was getting.

posted on Aug, 29 2017 @ 07:19 AM
link   
a reply to: Jobeycool

Anyone can issue a statement doesn't make him a good person his doors are closed no matter what he says last night there was a sheriff on the news begging for shelters where was Joel?

posted on Aug, 29 2017 @ 07:21 AM
link   
a reply to: TrueBrit

I'm not believer, but what you said in long post on last page pretty well describes my world view. Last ten years I can see most of clergy of almost all churches in my country are just greedy idiots. BTW they like to f... kids.

posted on Aug, 29 2017 @ 07:25 AM
link   
a reply to: CynConcepts

www.breitbart.com...

But Houstonian Jim McIngvale is welcoming the bouncing and the spreading at his Gallery Furniture stores in Houston, Texas where he has opened up his stores as shelters for people displaced by tropical storm Harvey.

This guy has people staying in his stores until more shelters are available.
A furniture store can do this but a "church" can not?
Not much of a church if you ask me.

posted on Aug, 29 2017 @ 07:34 AM
link   
a reply to: JanAmosComenius

I have a dislike for the Church as a concept. I believe it has been, for hundreds of years if not longer, the most anti-Christian organisation on the face of the world, and those who have falsely professed faith have infected it with corporate greed and a desire to have and to wield power, both over the weak and defenceless, and over the structures they erected to protect themselves from predators both sexual, and otherwise.

I believe people like Osteen to be enemies of Christ, usurpers, occupying thrones built for rumps not their own.

I believe it is fundamental to love Christ, but hate the Church, in this day and age, if one professes to true faith. There is nothing of God or Christ in the church now, no matter which denomination one happens to be a part of. One of the reasons I believe this, is that people like your good self are turned away from the message of Christ, by the actions of the Church and its representatives, despite the fact that you actually seem to understand and empathise with the thrust of the core belief, that being "Look after folks. Don't be a greedy, selfish arse", when you boil it down. If the Church had worth, its actions would not push you further from it.

It makes me angry and sad that things have come to this.

posted on Aug, 29 2017 @ 07:41 AM
link   
He is now going to open the church up for flood victims. He also denied he closed the church doors to flood victims.
www.cnn.com...

I am sure he will twist the rhetoric to make himself sound like a hero, while demonizing all of us who criticized him.

posted on Aug, 29 2017 @ 07:55 AM
link   
Does anybody know if Joel will be importing any of Peter Popoff's baggies of miracle spring water ?

It's supposed to help you become debt free !!

posted on Aug, 29 2017 @ 08:02 AM
link   
I was thinking he should be out in the streets blocking the water with those magnificent teeth.

posted on Aug, 29 2017 @ 08:15 AM
link   

originally posted by: Arnie123
In all honesty, I truly believe it actually came to that, most likely from the wife. Honey!! the carpets...

Possible. We all blame stuff on our wives.

edit on 29-8-2017 by AugustusMasonicus because: President, Jacygirl fan club.

posted on Aug, 29 2017 @ 08:16 AM
link   

originally posted by: DAVID64
I buy Mello Yello at my local grocery all the time. Now, Lime Coke [ not that diet crap ] is hard to find! Although, truth be told, it's probably a good thing I can't find it anymore. I was going through a 12 pack every 2 days.

I haven't seen Mello Yello in the northeast in years. They target us with diet stuff.

posted on Aug, 29 2017 @ 08:39 AM
link   

originally posted by: jrod

I am sure he will twist the rhetoric to make himself sound like a hero, while demonizing all of us who criticized him.

I thought this thread was about the joel guy not about Hillary?

posted on Aug, 29 2017 @ 08:43 AM
link   
a reply to: carewemust

This guy is an epic pos!

posted on Aug, 29 2017 @ 08:43 AM
link   
a reply to: interupt42

*Chortle*

Its not a mutually exclusive description. It fits both charlatans of the Republican and Democrat ilk. Hes no Christian, and Clinton is no lefty, so its all perfectly synchronous in that aspect.

top topics

<< 12  13  14    16  17  18 >>

join