It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Houston Pastor JOEL OSTEEN Will NOT Open His Mega-Church To Flood Victims!.

page: 13
<< 10  11  12    14  15  16 >>

join
share:

posted on Aug, 28 2017 @ 10:18 PM
link   

originally posted by: yuppa
a reply to: Arnie123

I read on twitter h eis finally opening up. The top part is not flooded. the bottom garage areas were. They wanted to see how bad it was going to get prolly.

Like others in this thread, keep making excuses for this scumbag. Lets the rest of us know who you truly are.

posted on Aug, 28 2017 @ 10:19 PM
link   

A good view from the outside may prove the picture questionable

posted on Aug, 28 2017 @ 10:24 PM
link   
www.snopes.com...

Was Joel Osteen's Houston 'Megachurch' Affected By Hurricane Harvey?

Maybe the guys legit but the facts so far don't really back him up

Osteen, whose own Houston home is worth a reported $10.5 million, has not made any comments regarding possible flooding near the church. A map of the area surrounding the church shows it is under a flood advisory, but not a warning. (Houston police told us that they have no pending calls from the area.)

posted on Aug, 28 2017 @ 10:25 PM
link   
a reply to: Willtell

From the looks of the inside photos posted earlier, there could have been a roof leak. The second story walkway was flooded, but down below was dry.

posted on Aug, 28 2017 @ 10:25 PM
link   

originally posted by: BubbaJoe

I read on twitter h eis finally opening up. The top part is not flooded. the bottom garage areas were. They wanted to see how bad it was going to get prolly.

Like others in this thread, keep making excuses for this scumbag. Lets the rest of us know who you truly are.

Why are you investing so much energy on people's opinions?

And you claim to be a 50 something genius with an iq of 160+ even though Mensa perfect score is 162, grow up.

posted on Aug, 28 2017 @ 10:26 PM
link   

originally posted by: chr0naut

a reply to: carewemust

Apparently, the Church is closed and services have been cancelled due to flooding. Pictures have been posted of the carpark and the interior showing the water levels.

When a building that is higher than the surrounding terrain floods, usually the water comes from a pressure wave in septic and sewage systems. That means that if it did flood, the interior would not be safe for habitation until it was drained and cleaned.

Also, if there is significant flooding on a building with a large and mostly unsupported roof, there may be physical damage that may make the the building unsafe from physical collapse. To verify the building's safety usually requires engineering inspection.

Additionally, there are apparently eight staff onsite and the doors are not locked. The staff are either directing people to nearby shelters and are ready to direct people to un-flooded parts of the complex, for those needing emergency accommodation. Apparently no-one has chosen to stay so far.

This whole thing is a social media beat up. A lie. Fake news designed to inflame the bigoted!

Keep making excuses for this scumbag, you display yourself for what you are.

I am someone who bothers to investigate, especially if something looks like a fairly obvious social media defamation fest.

I am a Christian, but I strive to not be a fool.

Osteen is a scumbag, his church should have been open Saturday, if you have it in your heart to forgive that oversite, I am truly sorry for the other oversites you have had.

I can't comment about Osteen as I don't know much about the guy.

But I do know that the Church was never closed to refugees. That story was made up on Twitter, probably because Olsteen cancelled all church services in anticipation of the storm.

Here's the text of a Tweet by Osteen and Lakewood Church:

“We have never closed our doors. We will continue to be a distribution center for those in need. We are prepared to house people once shelters reach capacity. Lakewood will be a value to the community in the aftermath of this storm in helping our fellow citizens rebuild their lives.”

Can I have a link to the twitter post, so I can see the date and time. If that came out today, or late this evening, he is still a scumbag. That place should have been open, and serving hot meals on Saturday.

posted on Aug, 28 2017 @ 10:27 PM
link   
a reply to: Willtell

If the church was flooded, Osteen wouldn't suddenly change his mind and allow thousands of flood victims inside. He'd cite dangerous, unsanitary conditions.

posted on Aug, 28 2017 @ 10:30 PM
link   

originally posted by: thesaneone

Why are you investing so much energy on people's opinions?

And you claim to be a 50 something genius with an iq of 160+ even though Mensa perfect score is 162, grow up.

People sometimes piss me off, especially Christians that are not particularly Christ like, to answer your question. I have been forced to be an adult since 1971, you do the math.

posted on Aug, 28 2017 @ 10:30 PM
link   

originally posted by: Willtell

A good view from the outside may prove the picture questionable

So someone can drive past after flooding has subsided and from that you assume it never flooded?

According to the YouTube info, the video was posted to Twitter at 4:43 PM August 28.

I checked some live webcams from Houston and I can't really see any signs of flooding there at all but it is hard to see as it's night time there now.

posted on Aug, 28 2017 @ 10:32 PM
link   
If the guys church is truly damaged call the press in and just take pictures of it and distribute it to the press

Those pictures above aren’t persuasive for obvious reasons

How do we know that’s not a picture of the city sewer system?
Or some photoshoped bs

posted on Aug, 28 2017 @ 10:44 PM
link   

Apparently, the Church is closed and services have been cancelled due to flooding. Pictures have been posted of the carpark and the interior showing the water levels.

When a building that is higher than the surrounding terrain floods, usually the water comes from a pressure wave in septic and sewage systems. That means that if it did flood, the interior would not be safe for habitation until it was drained and cleaned.

Also, if there is significant flooding on a building with a large and mostly unsupported roof, there may be physical damage that may make the the building unsafe from physical collapse. To verify the building's safety usually requires engineering inspection.

Additionally, there are apparently eight staff onsite and the doors are not locked. The staff are either directing people to nearby shelters and are ready to direct people to un-flooded parts of the complex, for those needing emergency accommodation. Apparently no-one has chosen to stay so far.

This whole thing is a social media beat up. A lie. Fake news designed to inflame the bigoted!

I am someone who bothers to investigate, especially if something looks like a fairly obvious social media defamation fest.

Osteen is a scumbag, his church should have been open Saturday, if you have it in your heart to forgive that oversite, I am truly sorry for the other oversites you have had.

But I do know that the Church was never closed to refugees. That story was made up on Twitter, probably because Olsteen cancelled all church services in anticipation of the storm.

“We have never closed our doors. We will continue to be a distribution center for those in need. We are prepared to house people once shelters reach capacity. Lakewood will be a value to the community in the aftermath of this storm in helping our fellow citizens rebuild their lives.”

Can I have a link to the twitter post, so I can see the date and time. If that came out today, or late this evening, he is still a scumbag. That place should have been open, and serving hot meals on Saturday.

It was open. It probably is inappropriate for it to serve meals (requires supplies, kitchens, cooks & staff).

Wouldn't a few McDonalds be able to feed far more than a Church? They aren't open and there's no doubt food spoiling & that will be dumped. I also doubt that Macca's would give away food free.

posted on Aug, 28 2017 @ 10:46 PM
link   

originally posted by: Willtell

If the guys church is truly damaged call the press in and just take pictures of it and distribute it to the press

Those pictures above aren’t persuasive for obvious reasons

How do we know that’s not a picture of the city sewer system?
Or some photoshoped bs

Perhaps because there has been a major hurricane and they don't have the time or resources to waste.

edit on 28/8/2017 by chr0naut because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 28 2017 @ 10:47 PM
link   

It was open. It probably is inappropriate for it to serve meals (requires supplies, kitchens, cooks & staff).

Wouldn't a few McDonalds be able to feed far more than a Church? They aren't open and there's no doubt food spoiling & that will be dumped. I also doubt that Macca's would give away food free.

Do you have a link? The Macca's reference tells me you aren't from the USA, why are you even defending this asshat. Tells me more about you all the time.

posted on Aug, 28 2017 @ 10:47 PM
link   

I was just stating WHAT I HEARD. I was not defending this GUy at all. And then I SPECULATED a reason why they could had not opened the church up.

edit on 17000000pppm by yuppa because: REMoved my Ire since I was apologized to.

posted on Aug, 28 2017 @ 10:56 PM
link   

Hold on a minute Playa. I was just stating WHAT I HEARD. I was not defending this GUy at all. And then I SPECULATED a reason why they could had not opened the church up.
SO stop putting actions into my hands and words in my mouth I didnt do.
You surely are no christian the way you go bearing false witness and spreading gossip.
Know you by your works indeed.

Got it, had to go back and read. Why wasn't this facility open on Sat. when all of this started? I apologize for accusing you of making excuses. In my mind there is no excuse for this "church" to not be helping the local community. Stuff like this pisses me off, when they pay no taxes.

posted on Aug, 28 2017 @ 10:58 PM
link   

originally posted by: Jonjonj
Ok so...given the humour and such, the thing is...

It's a flood!

Like in the bible!

Everyone dies, no mercy is shown except for...

well I dunno.

Same deal. People were warned beforehand a flood was coming and to take shelter and prepare. Some listened, some didn't. (in the biblical flood)Some lived, some did not, but they had a choice.
edit on 28-8-2017 by TruthJava because: typo

posted on Aug, 28 2017 @ 11:05 PM
link   
Let me guess,more BS political garbage against conservative christians.I doubt that is a good place to open up for people anyways because that is such a big church they would be having something there all week.
They got places figured out by now anyways.
edit on 28-8-2017 by Jobeycool because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 28 2017 @ 11:08 PM
link   

Hold on a minute Playa. I was just stating WHAT I HEARD. I was not defending this GUy at all. And then I SPECULATED a reason why they could had not opened the church up.
SO stop putting actions into my hands and words in my mouth I didnt do.
You surely are no christian the way you go bearing false witness and spreading gossip.
Know you by your works indeed.

Got it, had to go back and read. Why wasn't this facility open on Sat. when all of this started? I apologize for accusing you of making excuses. In my mind there is no excuse for this "church" to not be helping the local community. Stuff like this pisses me off, when they pay no taxes.

Apology accepted. I edited my post accordingly. And True the man knew this was coming and could had opened up the church ahead of time. But at least he apparently is finally doing it though.

posted on Aug, 28 2017 @ 11:12 PM
link   
This guy is another example of the religious right swamp rats that pray on people misled about salvation and believe in fairy tales.
edit on 28-8-2017 by SeekingAlpha because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 28 2017 @ 11:16 PM
link   

Do you have a link? The Macca's reference tells me you aren't from the USA, why are you even defending this asshat. Tells me more about you all the time.

No, I'm not from the USA.

No, I'm not going to go back and find the link to the Twitter feed. I found it easily enough on Google, you can too.

I'm also not defending Osteen, I was just pointing out the facts as so many seem to have run with something that does not bear up under analysis.

new topics

top topics

<< 10  11  12    14  15  16 >>

join