It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Driver arrested after hitting protesters in St. Louis

page: 2
<< 1    3  4  5 >>

join
share:
+3 more 
posted on Aug, 24 2017 @ 06:55 AM
link   

originally posted by: eNumbra

originally posted by: Bwomp83
How do they know that person didnt have somewhere they really needed to be or they had a bad day? Anyway, i dont feel sorry for retards that block streets for protesting.

Pretty sure the trans woman who had been shot and killed had a worse day.

Yea, that justifies the mob mentality. Totally.

+2 more 
posted on Aug, 24 2017 @ 07:14 AM
link   
Yeah, the driver is supposed to just sit there while they all swarm around him and pound on his car like bloodthirsty zombies. I don't feel sorry for idiots who play in traffic...
edit on 24-8-2017 by Kromlech because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 24 2017 @ 07:20 AM
link   

originally posted by: network dude

How do they know that person didnt have somewhere they really needed to be or they had a bad day? Anyway, i dont feel sorry for retards that block streets for protesting.

Yea, that justifies the mob mentality. Totally.

Wasn't justifying anything, but claiming the driver may have had a bad day has absolutely zero relevance to anything.

posted on Aug, 24 2017 @ 07:22 AM
link   

originally posted by: pavil

Here are more details.....

TextPolice say they were responding to a domestic disturbance when they found Herring cut badly across the face, arms and chest.

Officers told News 4 the 30-year-old mother was armed with a large kitchen knife, slashing at police, even cutting one on the arm when two officers returned fire, ending her life.

article

Ok, I didn't justify anything; I was pointing out that the drivers day was irrelevant.

And technically I still wasn't wrong.

posted on Aug, 24 2017 @ 07:30 AM
link   
Play stupid games, win stupid prizes. We all need to stop making excuses. Idiots do idiot things, all around.

posted on Aug, 24 2017 @ 07:46 AM
link   
Just hold the brake, redline the rpms and lay on the horn. They'll move

+12 more 
posted on Aug, 24 2017 @ 07:47 AM
link   

posted on Aug, 24 2017 @ 07:47 AM
link   
I just can't understand why these drivers are on the sidewalks running over people.
Their cars clearly belong on the road, not the sidewalk.

posted on Aug, 24 2017 @ 08:04 AM
link   

originally posted by: Teikiatsu

Look at that photo.
You have a pair of people that have their hands raised, apparently showing pride in what they have done to a defenseless man as they show off for the photographer in a helicopter.
I remember the video of this event, with a young man doing a dance of joy after he whacked Reginald Denney in the head with a brick.

My parents taught me to cross streets at a crosswalk and to expect to be hit by a car if I didn't use care in crossing a street. Mobbing a car is a criminal act... and if you do it to me in my car, it is an act of stupidity.

This story in St. Louis... all because some person decided to commit suicide by cop?

posted on Aug, 24 2017 @ 08:06 AM
link   
If you stand and the road and block traffic you can expect to get run over.

Doesn't matter what you stand for, what gender you are or your ethnicity.

Road = Cars driving.

posted on Aug, 24 2017 @ 08:09 AM
link   
a reply to: pavil
I read the article.

It left me confused. They are reporting that people think that the police should have waited longer before shooting her.
How many times should a police officer be cut (or how many officers must be cut) by a knife wielding person before it is acceptable to shoot the assailant?

posted on Aug, 24 2017 @ 08:18 AM
link   

originally posted by: intrptr

Attempted murder.

I think I could easily argue self-defense...

posted on Aug, 24 2017 @ 08:19 AM
link   
Protesting peacefully is one thing but mobbing an innocent passerby in a car for no good reason is stupidity.
Hit the gas and answer questions later.
Does anyone really have a hard time understanding that?

posted on Aug, 24 2017 @ 08:21 AM
link   

originally posted by: butcherguy
a reply to: pavil
I read the article.

It left me confused. They are reporting that people think that the police should have waited longer before shooting her.
How many times should a police officer be cut (or how many officers must be cut) by a knife wielding person before it is acceptable to shoot the assailant?

I know. How many times would you let blood covered Maniac with a large knife lunge at you and cut you before you take them out?

Now people will make this a "Police murders another innocent Black Man (oops, Women) in cold blood" narrative.

Even worse, they want to protest in the streets? When will Police stop letting protestors shut down traffic? It rarely end well.

posted on Aug, 24 2017 @ 08:26 AM
link   

originally posted by: kaylaluv

originally posted by: Kalixi
Doesn't Activist 101 teach to swamp cars and block traffic to cause maximum disruption? How does one get out of that situation without knocking over people

Take an alternate route?

BwaaaHaHaHa

Like somebody is supposed to automatically know about a spontaneous protest in progress.

posted on Aug, 24 2017 @ 08:27 AM
link   

originally posted by: DanDanDat

"The protesters surrounded the vehicle and began striking it with their hands and a flag pole. Several protesters also kicked and jumped on top of the vehicle," police said.

Sounds like self defence to me.

Any sane person who has a mob stop their car in the street, who then proceeds to swarm and start hitting the car, would get the hell out of Dodge. Plus the idiots recorded it all on tape, like that will vindicate the mobs actions.

posted on Aug, 24 2017 @ 08:29 AM
link   
For all the protestors knew, the person in the car that they mobbed may have been sympathetic to their cause.

Even if I was sympathetic to their cause, if they mobbed my car, I would have run over them to get away.

posted on Aug, 24 2017 @ 09:06 AM
link   
If my kid or wife is in the car with me, those protesters are going to get shoved or run over.

I'll deal with the cops later. You don't hurt my family.
edit on 24-8-2017 by Teikiatsu because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 24 2017 @ 09:25 AM
link   

originally posted by: xuenchen

originally posted by: kaylaluv

originally posted by: Kalixi
Doesn't Activist 101 teach to swamp cars and block traffic to cause maximum disruption? How does one get out of that situation without knocking over people

Take an alternate route?

BwaaaHaHaHa

Like somebody is supposed to automatically know about a spontaneous protest in progress.

Those people were already on the street when the driver approached. You don't think he saw them until he was right among them? Bullcrap. He knew they were there in plenty of time to turn down another street and go around. He had an attitude, and he felt powerful because he had a car. And he used that power. On purpose.

posted on Aug, 24 2017 @ 09:27 AM
link   

He knew they were there in plenty of time to turn down another street and go around. He had an attitude, and he felt powerful because he had a car. And he used that power. On purpose.

You have a source for this?

new topics

top topics

<< 1    3  4  5 >>

join