It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Driver arrested after hitting protesters in St. Louis

page: 3
<< 1  2    4  5  6 >>

join
share:

posted on Aug, 24 2017 @ 09:37 AM
link   
a reply to: shooterbrody

I have many years of experience driving down roads and seeing when streets are filled with people before I am actually among them. And yes, I have seen streets filled with people.

posted on Aug, 24 2017 @ 09:38 AM
link   

originally posted by: eNumbra

originally posted by: Bwomp83
How do they know that person didnt have somewhere they really needed to be or they had a bad day? Anyway, i dont feel sorry for retards that block streets for protesting.

Pretty sure the trans woman who had been shot and killed had a worse day.

In all honesty, that person put himself in a hostile situation that couldve been avoidable in a peaceful manner. I dont feel sorry for stupid people.

posted on Aug, 24 2017 @ 09:40 AM
link   
a reply to: kaylaluv

So that means no?
I thought I had missed an interview or something.

posted on Aug, 24 2017 @ 09:41 AM
link   
a reply to: Infoshill

The "protestors" are the ones that should be arrested.

posted on Aug, 24 2017 @ 09:42 AM
link   
Morons who stand in the middle of the road for no good reason deserve what they get, frankly.

Given that to these clowns and their supporters a peaceful protest apparently involves rioting, destruction of property and attacking random people everyone who isn't part of their mindless horde should consider them a legitimate threat to their safety.

In my country if you block a road you get arrested and go to jail. Seems a better system.

posted on Aug, 24 2017 @ 09:44 AM
link   
a reply to: Infoshill

I don't care if you protest.

But when you become lawless and act in a threatening manner. You've crossed that line.

The person in the car was probably in fear for their life and reacted in order to save themselves.

posted on Aug, 24 2017 @ 09:44 AM
link   

originally posted by: kaylaluv

originally posted by: xuenchen

originally posted by: Kalixi
Doesn't Activist 101 teach to swamp cars and block traffic to cause maximum disruption? How does one get out of that situation without knocking over people

Take an alternate route?

BwaaaHaHaHa

Like somebody is supposed to automatically know about a spontaneous protest in progress.

Those people were already on the street when the driver approached. You don't think he saw them until he was right among them? Bullcrap. He knew they were there in plenty of time to turn down another street and go around. He had an attitude, and he felt powerful because he had a car. And he used that power. On purpose.

I suppose the next thing you will say is that he should have backed-up as fast as he could.

BwaaahaHaHa

posted on Aug, 24 2017 @ 09:46 AM
link   
a reply to: xuenchen

that is just made up
why would you make this kind of stuff up?

posted on Aug, 24 2017 @ 09:47 AM
link   

And looking at the video it looks like self defense to me. If you are lawful protestors you dont beat and surround a car.

posted on Aug, 24 2017 @ 09:51 AM
link   
Oh that's so what am I looking for doesn't seem to be in this pocket maybe it's in the other pocket nope completely out of giving a #.

posted on Aug, 24 2017 @ 09:54 AM
link   

originally posted by: yuppa

And looking at the video it looks like self defense to me. If you are lawful protestors you dont beat and surround a car.

They seem to think that this amounts to acceptable protesting today.

What it amounts to is that is what they have to resort to (violence) because no one will listen to their arguments.

posted on Aug, 24 2017 @ 09:57 AM
link   

I have many years of experience driving down roads and seeing when streets are filled with people before I am actually among them. And yes, I have seen streets filled with people.

Maybe the person had no other means of egress and just wanted to get out of a chaotic and dangerous situation. I can imagine a situation where a protest develops while you are in a place of business, either working or shopping, and you leave the place to find that you have no clear route to get out.

posted on Aug, 24 2017 @ 09:58 AM
link   
in the video you see the driver aiming for the least populated section of the road, slowly, honking horn.

The protesters swarm the car, beating on the hood.

At this point they are behind the car too, so backing up won't help.

The driver continues to honk horn and slowly move forward.

More people swarm the car. More pounding.

Sorry, I would keep moving forward slowly. Those idiots are asking for trouble and becoming a mob. They will not win that push-of-war.

posted on Aug, 24 2017 @ 09:59 AM
link   

It looks to me like he was determined to go down that street into the crowd of people.

posted on Aug, 24 2017 @ 10:00 AM
link   

It looks to me like he was determined to go down that street into the crowd of people.

Looks like you are seeing what you want to see. Why are pedestrians blocking the road? They are breaking the law. They are not peacefully assembling.

posted on Aug, 24 2017 @ 10:04 AM
link   

originally posted by: butcherguy

Maybe the person had no other means of egress and just wanted to get out of a chaotic and dangerous situation. I can imagine a situation where a protest develops while you are in a place of business, either working or shopping, and you leave the place to find that you have no clear route to get out.

And what happens if you come across a street that is totally flooded or there is a huge sinkhole, or there is a bad traffic accident covering the road? Just try to drive on through anyway? Anyone who does that is stupid.

posted on Aug, 24 2017 @ 10:06 AM
link   

originally posted by: Teikiatsu

Looks like you are seeing what you want to see. Why are pedestrians blocking the road? They are breaking the law. They are not peacefully assembling.

So? Why ask for more trouble by refusing to avoid going down that street?

posted on Aug, 24 2017 @ 10:07 AM
link   

originally posted by: butcherguy

And what happens if you come across a street that is totally flooded or there is a huge sinkhole, or there is a bad traffic accident covering the road? Just try to drive on through anyway? Anyone who does that is stupid.

None of those scenarios are pounding on your car/windshield or trying to open your doors.

posted on Aug, 24 2017 @ 10:09 AM
link   

The law is an irrelevancy then?

Just ignore it, do whatever the hell you please.

I can't wait for this anarchist utopia of yours to come to fruition, I always liked Mad Max films.

posted on Aug, 24 2017 @ 10:10 AM
link   

Maybe there is a car behind them. Maybe they don't know the side roads. Maybe there is a divider in the median that prevents easy turning.

MAYBE THE DRIVER IS FREAKING OUT BECAUSE IT'S DARK AND PEOPLE ARE SWARMING THEIR CAR.

Who cares why?

Why are those idiots blocking the road illegally in front of vehicles that weigh at least 5X more than a human with a lot more pushing power? Why ask for more trouble standing in an open roadway?
edit on 24-8-2017 by Teikiatsu because: bad math

<< 1  2    4  5  6 >>

join