It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Catastrophic rainfall predicted for TX, LA, gulf coast region.

page: 11
<< 8  9  10    12  13  14 >>

join
share:

posted on Aug, 25 2017 @ 10:44 PM
link   

Close-up of Hurricane Harvey at 9:15 p.m. central, August 25, 2017. (NOAA/ Mark Torregrossa - MLive)

Source

Wow... video from Rockport.

edit on 25-8-2017 by DancedWithWolves because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 25 2017 @ 11:33 PM
link   

originally posted by: EchoesInTime
a reply to: liveandlearn

Reports of building collapses in Rockport. People trapped. I hope most evacuated from that whole area. An ATS member posted earlier that they evacuated. Stay safe everyone.

The hotel that collapsed was a weak wood frame construction on the top floor.
Probably quite a few failures like that.

posted on Aug, 26 2017 @ 04:34 AM
link   
Why do people continue to risk their lives staying during a hurricane? They've been warning this could be catastrophic and a potential Cat 4 storm. Some of my friends in Houston laughed and said I was overreacting. Well, who's laughing now?

I hope my former neighbor in Victoria got out while she still could.

People, you only get one life to live. Take it seriously!

posted on Aug, 26 2017 @ 05:05 AM
link   
It's been downgraded to a category 2, at 4AM central time. Winds at 100 mph. Though, as mentioned before doesn't dismiss damage, nor does that dismiss the 40 inches of rain that's expected to be on the way.

originally posted by: texasgirl
Why do people continue to risk their lives staying during a hurricane? They've been warning this could be catastrophic and a potential Cat 4 storm. Some of my friends in Houston laughed and said I was overreacting. Well, who's laughing now?

I hope my former neighbor in Victoria got out while she still could.

People, you only get one life to live. Take it seriously!

Exactly, when an official says write your social security number on your arm if you're going to stay, should probably take heed to not stick around. It's fear for many, possibly assuming they'd loose all belongings if not to damage but to looters as well. Seen similar with hurricane Andrew. For others, poverty can be an issue, no car or gas, or other way to evacuate.

I hope between the collapses and other damage people found safety because the mass flooding has just began.
edit on 26-8-2017 by dreamingawake because: quote issue

posted on Aug, 26 2017 @ 05:12 AM
link   
a reply to: dreamingawake

True, but you also have those who feel it can't happen to them. Those who want to stay to experience it, those who are just stubborn and have ridden out hurricanes before. Is it worth it to place your life on the line?
edit on 26-8-2017 by texasgirl because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 26 2017 @ 06:34 AM
link   
The eye is about 55 miles away, at cat 2 through the night. No let up in the wind since yesterday. Looks like this will continue through today.

Harvey will end up being an odd one.

edit on 8/26/2017 by roadgravel because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 26 2017 @ 06:43 AM
link   
Aug 26
10:00 GMT (5am CDT)

28.5°
-97.2°

90 mph
967 mb
Hurricane 1

posted on Aug, 26 2017 @ 07:01 AM
link   
a reply to: roadgravel

The City of Corpus Christi is asking all residents to reduce the use of their toilets and faucets because power outages have affected the Wastewater Treatment Plants.

99,500 people without power in Corpus Christi.

Storm moved inland fairly fast and is weakening so hopefully it will dry up a little before reaching NE Texas/LA.

posted on Aug, 26 2017 @ 07:05 AM
link   
Popping in for updates and sending positive thoughts from TN.
Wishing you all in TX/LA the best outcome possible with no loss of life.
You are in my thoughts today.
Good luck!
edit on 26-8-2017 by TNMockingbird because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 26 2017 @ 08:52 AM
link   
I'm on the outer edges right under the squalls coming in now, current conditions outside:

Radar loop:

Posted before, but included for current conditions:

Galveston Webcams - people are still driving around on the island.

TXDOT traffic cams - Choose Freeways tab then IH-45 Gulf then scroll down to see CAUSEWAY cams, the Ferry cams are still up too.

posted on Aug, 26 2017 @ 08:58 AM
link   
a reply to: jadedANDcynical

I'm hoping port a and Rockport aren't as bad as it sounded last night before I tuned out.

Hope the flooding doesn't get as bad as forecast either...

posted on Aug, 26 2017 @ 09:05 AM
link   
a reply to: SonOfThor

I fear those areas got hit pretty bad. Will keep my ear to the ground and see if I can find out anything from locals.

posted on Aug, 26 2017 @ 09:14 AM
link   
a reply to: DancedWithWolves

Any update on the little blue shed in those clips? That thing deserves recognition.

It is early, I know there is extensive damage but not many pics/videos posted yet.

No reports of fatalities, hopefully it will stay that way.

posted on Aug, 26 2017 @ 09:38 AM
link   
a reply to: jrod
Wild video! I'm looking for confirmation #BlueShed made it. Yea, it's a thing now.

The videos were by Jeff Piotrowski and he is ok, at last report. Incredible reporting. Well done, sir!
Jeff on Periscope - new video

posted on Aug, 26 2017 @ 09:40 AM
link   

originally posted by: jrod

Any update on the little blue shed in those clips? That thing deserves recognition.

It is early, I know there is extensive damage but not many pics/videos posted yet.

No reports of fatalities, hopefully it will stay that way.

That little blue shed was a trooper! It was the only thing around that area that appeared to be hurricane proof! Very impressive! Many props to it's designers ...

posted on Aug, 26 2017 @ 09:41 AM
link   
Last night, they were expecting this thing to loop overland and turn around to head back over the coast region possibly strengthening again before it hits Houston. You guys may not be done yet.

Stay safe!

There was a guy saying they had a lot of tiny communities down along the coast that were going to have people in them who wouldn't leave and that they weren't going to be able to get back in to all them for days.

posted on Aug, 26 2017 @ 09:45 AM
link   

I was watching Jeff's live feed last night when he was at the car wash. Pretty incredible.

That little blue shed was even more impressive.

posted on Aug, 26 2017 @ 10:04 AM
link   
a reply to: jadedANDcynical

Anyone whose been fishing on Capt Bills party boat (caught some huge reds last summer at my buds bachelor party) knows what a crazy but genuinely good dude Capt Bill is.

I heard he stayed behind - hoping him and others are ok

posted on Aug, 26 2017 @ 10:07 AM
link   
a reply to: jrod

The moment #BlueShed was born. Still image from Jeff Piotrowski' s video.

ETA Storm Chaser compilation video

edit on 26-8-2017 by DancedWithWolves because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 26 2017 @ 11:15 AM
link   
Hurricane damage in Rockport, Texas, being shared.

Source

edit on 26-8-2017 by DancedWithWolves because: (no reason given)

new topics

top topics

<< 8  9  10    12  13  14 >>

join