It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Catastrophic rainfall predicted for TX, LA, gulf coast region.

page: 14
<< 11  12  13    15  16  17 >>

join
share:

posted on Aug, 27 2017 @ 04:48 PM
link   
CNN

Official: Every freeway in Houston is under water.

Houston (CNN)Flooding from Tropical Storm Harvey is overburdening resources as authorities in and around Houston scramble to save those trapped by the high waters.

Hopes for an immediate respite from Harvey's wrath seem unlikely as the National Weather Service calls the flooding "unprecedented" and warns things may become more dire if a record-breaking 50 inches of rain falls on parts of Texas in coming days.

Source

Dallas is preparing the convention center as a mega shelter.

edit on 27-8-2017 by DancedWithWolves because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 27 2017 @ 05:06 PM
link   
omg check out the picture at this link; (story is about a flooded nursing home)

www.galvnews.com...

posted on Aug, 27 2017 @ 05:11 PM
link   

originally posted by: RoScoLaz5

www.galvnews.com...

It's killing me that I may have proofed their newsletter ... no, I don't know them, but you read about them and what they do, and you see pictures.

posted on Aug, 27 2017 @ 05:42 PM
link   

originally posted by: kosmicjack
Here's the NWS statement for today:

NWS @NWS This event is unprecedented & all impacts are unknown & beyond anything experienced. Follow orders from officials to ensure safety. #Harvey

mobile.twitter.com...

Has anyone ever heard anything so dramatic out of them?

Did you read the twitter comments? Disgusting.

posted on Aug, 27 2017 @ 05:43 PM
link   
a reply to: jadedANDcynical

So glad you're okay. Please stay safe! There's so much more rain coming.

I'll keep you in my thoughts!
edit on 27-8-2017 by texasgirl because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 27 2017 @ 05:45 PM
link   

originally posted by: RoScoLaz5

www.galvnews.com...

They were rescued.

posted on Aug, 27 2017 @ 05:47 PM
link   

originally posted by: DancedWithWolves
CNN

Official: Every freeway in Houston is under water.

Houston (CNN)Flooding from Tropical Storm Harvey is overburdening resources as authorities in and around Houston scramble to save those trapped by the high waters.

Hopes for an immediate respite from Harvey's wrath seem unlikely as the National Weather Service calls the flooding "unprecedented" and warns things may become more dire if a record-breaking 50 inches of rain falls on parts of Texas in coming days.

Source

Dallas is preparing the convention center as a mega shelter.

I-10 & 45 interchange is one of the lowest intersections in the city. Please find a local feed to watch and get off CNN and twitter.

posted on Aug, 27 2017 @ 06:07 PM
link   
I've been a nervous wreck all day over this.

My heart and prayers go out to all those affected by this tragedy.

I wish there was more I could do.

posted on Aug, 27 2017 @ 06:10 PM
link   

originally posted by: GENERAL EYES
I've been a nervous wreck all day over this.

My heart and prayers go out to all those affected by this tragedy.

I wish there was more I could do.

If you trust them, the Red Cross and United Way are accepting donations to assist with the issues now and in the days coming. Doesn't have to be money. If you're like me there are clothes in your closet that will never touch your body again

We have a lot of people who only got out with a couple of garbage bags of stuff.

posted on Aug, 27 2017 @ 06:41 PM
link   

originally posted by: texasgirl

Here's the NWS statement for today:

NWS @NWS This event is unprecedented & all impacts are unknown & beyond anything experienced. Follow orders from officials to ensure safety. #Harvey

mobile.twitter.com...

Has anyone ever heard anything so dramatic out of them?

Did you read the twitter comments? Disgusting.

Which ones? Blaming global warming? Blaming property developers for building on flood plains?

"Stop with the science - it hurts their brains, kind of like drinking a slurpee too fast."

I don't understand this pic:
mobile.twitter.com...

posted on Aug, 27 2017 @ 07:13 PM
link   
a reply to: TXTriker

Houston Police just tweeted

Anyone with a boat who can volunteer to help please call....

twitter.com...

So many thousands losing their homes and jobs too. I saw an old man, looked 90ish, getting rescued from his home. He won't be able to go back for weeks or months if ever.
What will happen to all those who lost everything? This is an unprecedented and catastrophic storm. Thousands of misplaced people, like Katrina and worse. At least the loss of life is low so far. Hope it stays that way.

Sitting here feeling helpless

posted on Aug, 27 2017 @ 07:19 PM
link   
News just reported new models show this son of a bitch going off shore at Victoria and then back on shore at Galveston, then up to Houston.

posted on Aug, 27 2017 @ 07:20 PM
link   
Just saw ...

Cajun navy enroute

Galveston County officials called for volunteers with boats to assist with rescues. “We are setting up a staging area at the Gulf Greyhound Park in La Marque. Galveston County Sheriff's deputies will be dispatching volunteers out to where they need to be,” a post to their official Facebook page. “Please make sure you have plenty of life vests and fuel since resources at this time are unavailable.”

If you do not know who they are they were pretty important in the flooding last year, and all the way back to Katrina apparently. Lot of former law enforcement, and fire fighters etc with boats and high water rescue vehicles.

posted on Aug, 27 2017 @ 07:20 PM
link   
a reply to: EchoesInTime
This will be waaaay worse than Katrina. By area and duration.

posted on Aug, 27 2017 @ 07:21 PM
link   
a reply to: kosmicjack

I just heard someone say the models are showing it going offshore, and towards New Orleans. Do you know if any models showed that?

posted on Aug, 27 2017 @ 07:22 PM
link   

News just reported new models show this son of a bitch going off shore at Victoria and then back on shore at Galveston, then up to Houston.

Yes they have been reporting that all day. Going to be a rough few days. We've not flooded in 15 years here but I'm beginning to wonder.

posted on Aug, 27 2017 @ 07:30 PM
link   
a reply to: Irishhaf

They got the job done last year in Louisiana. Go Baws!!!

posted on Aug, 27 2017 @ 07:35 PM
link   
a reply to: stormcell
It's a GD derpington dingleberry political trolling even in the midst of what will no doubt go down a one of the biggest natural disasters in the country's history.

posted on Aug, 27 2017 @ 08:04 PM
link   
"Harvey reverses course, could bring another 10-20 inches"

AUSTIN (KXAN) — Tropical Storm Harvey has made a u-turn, and is now northwest of Victoria, a city already slammed once, and is headed southeast back toward the coast at only 2 mph. The storm may actually move back into the Gulf, then turn north toward Houston. All-time record rainfall is possible in the Houston/southeast Texas area, with devastating impacts.

Source

Stay safe!

posted on Aug, 27 2017 @ 08:09 PM
link   
a reply to: EchoesInTime

Yeah, saw it on TD. Would like an actual link and not a c/p.

new topics

top topics

<< 11  12  13    15  16  17 >>

join