It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

CNN’s Anderson Cooper’s Family Were Slave Owners – Owned Michelle Obama’s Relatives!

page: 1
<<   2  3  4 >>

join
share:
+38 more 
posted on Aug, 21 2017 @ 07:46 PM
link   
Somebody has apparently uncovered the IRONY of the Century !!

Looks like famous CNN reporter Anderson Cooper's ancestors were big time slave owners and wait for the real bombshell......

Some of the man's slaves are ancestors of Michelle Obama !!!!

No.

No !!

HISTORY. It gets better by the day.

Who else has dirty little secrets to hide?

Live by the sword, die by the sword !!

CNN’s Anderson Cooper’s Family Were Slave Owners – Owned Michelle Obama’s Relatives!

As the face of CNN, Anderson Cooper makes a very good living as wealthy, privileged white man casting judgments of affiliation upon his political enemies. This includes taking a handful of idiotic white supremacists and declaring they represent millions of Republicans/conservatives, pro-America, Trump supporters, etc.

And yet Mr. Cooper himself has a much closer affiliation to slavery than he likely wants his leftist viewers to know. As a descendant of the Vanderbilt family, one of the wealthiest “old money” families in American history, Cooper is a direct descendant of big time slave owners. Cooper’s great-great grandfather, Cornelius Vanderbilt, owned several plantations, including a South Carolina plantation where Michelle (Robinson) Obama’s ancestor Jim Robinson was born.

All of which means Anderson Cooper has benefited financially with greatly improved socio-economic standing via an empire literally built upon the backs of American slaves.

Will Mr. Cooper disavow his own family?

posted on Aug, 21 2017 @ 07:49 PM
link   
a reply to: xuenchen

I'm pretty sure if we dig some of the right-wing ATS members backgrounds we'd find a few ancestors who owned slaves.

Will Cooper give reparations to Michelle or is she already too rich?

+44 more 
posted on Aug, 21 2017 @ 07:50 PM
link   
Dont know that this is proof.

But even if they did, I don't care in the slightest.

I don't want him to denounce them or feel bad at all, even if that is what he would do to someone who's ancestors owned slaves (which I haven't seen him do)

I will judge him by his actions, not that of his ancestors.

posted on Aug, 21 2017 @ 07:51 PM
link   
And Anderson Cooper should own the shame of his ancestors and wear it on his sleeve, right?

I'm sure my ancestors owned slaves at some point down the line, does that mean me being against slavery now is ironic because of what they did then?

link   
History gets better by the day because people all the sudden discovered books???

Yawn.

edit on E31America/ChicagoMon, 21 Aug 2017 19:55:21 -05008pmMondayst07pm by EternalShadow because: correction

link   

originally posted by: Grambler

I don't want him to denounce them or feel bad at all, even if that is what he would do to someone who's ancestors owned slaves (which I haven't seen him do)

I don't believe it. But like you I don't care. We ALL have relatves that we are ashamed of.

+7 more 
posted on Aug, 21 2017 @ 07:52 PM
link   

I'm somewhat skeptical of this as Cornelius Vanderbilt was from New York and was involved with steamships and railroads.

Do you have another source?

+11 more 
posted on Aug, 21 2017 @ 07:54 PM
link   

I think the little white-haired twerp should pay Michelle reparations. She's been held back, held down, deprived, with no education, living in squalor, repressed, suppressed, oppressed......Oh wait.

posted on Aug, 21 2017 @ 07:56 PM
link   

He's a big enough doody-head. He could be the first born human in a family of jackals and he has still earned all the criticism he gets, IMO.

Whatever his ancestors did cannot top his own personal sh*ttiness.

The Vanderbilts are puke though.

posted on Aug, 21 2017 @ 07:58 PM
link   

This is a "dirty little secret to hide?"

Do you think Anderson Cooper had this "forbidden knowledge" and was doing everything in his power to avoid being exposed as the descendant of slave owner? No, everyone already knew that. If true, it's an interesting bit of historical coincidence that one of those slaves was an ancestor of Michele Obama. Hardly anything Anderson Cooper or any other descendant of a slave owner should feel personally responsible for.

By the way, Anderson Cooper has already disavowed his mother's fortune. I believe it's all going to charity upon her death. Her (modest) fortune actually comes from her own businesses. I'm pretty sure at one point she was essentially broke.
edit on 2017-8-21 by theantediluvian because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 21 2017 @ 07:59 PM
link   

originally posted by: Deaf Alien

I don't believe it. But like you I don't care. We ALL have relatves that we are ashamed of.

Frankly, I'm not ashamed of any of mine. Why should I feel guilty for an unchangeable past??

Folks have no true purpose so they are engaging the past because they can't come to grips with their present and future prospects.

Meh..

posted on Aug, 21 2017 @ 07:59 PM
link   

originally posted by: 3NL1GHT3N3D1
And Anderson Cooper should own the shame of his ancestors and wear it on his sleeve, right?

I'm sure my ancestors owned slaves at some point down the line, does that mean me being against slavery now is ironic because of what they did then?

Ironic no. But if you were to use slavery as a device for a propaganda platform, you'd be foolish.

......Or you'd be Anderson Cooper.

posted on Aug, 21 2017 @ 08:02 PM
link   

originally posted by: theantediluvian
If true...

I've been looking for more sources but it's one of those circular type things where they all cite one another and there doesn't seem to be any concrete evidence.

I'm pretty sure the extent of Vanderbilt's interactions with slavery would be his trading with southern plantation owners via the steamship trade and railroad interchange with his New York Central.

posted on Aug, 21 2017 @ 08:02 PM
link   

originally posted by: EternalShadow

originally posted by: Deaf Alien

Frankly, I'm not ashamed of any of mine. Why should I feel guilty for an unchangeable past??

Folks have no true purpose so they are engaging the past because they can't come to grips with their present and future prospects.

Meh..

Not what I was saying. It was kinda a joke I guess but I get your point. We should not be ashamed of our ancestors. Neither should Cooper.

+6 more 
posted on Aug, 21 2017 @ 08:03 PM
link   
a reply to: Deaf Alien

Why would anyone feel shame over an ancestor who was simply following status qup for their position in whatever historical era they were in? This is an important piece of modernism I simply don't get. 155 years ago, wealthy whites often owned slaves... and? It was normal at the time, and applying modern sensibilities to history is a fool's errand.

posted on Aug, 21 2017 @ 08:04 PM
link   
And?... So what? Why is this even "news"? Or a "post" worthy? I know Andy's as strange as a $3 bill. O'l Michelle has done pretty good,.. for being a "downtrodden" and a "Negro", in a nation/country of "Whiteness"!... Obviously, Andy's family lost control somewhere. What a bunch of "cause uproar", click bait! Who gives two F's about either of their families? Really!??! This is your,.. "I must post this"! You're as f'n bad as the "news" article. Andy has his own sins to account for. So does Michelle. Their "relatives" will pay for theirs, not them! Everyone is "owned" by someone. Try not paying taxes on a home that's,.."paid off". You'll feel very "negro" then. So sick of this,.. I'm a "Third generation slave", "I'm third generation native American"..."African American"..yawnnn! (as if they'd ever been to Africa?) But they say,.. "you owe me!"..F'n idiots!.. I AM A NATIVE AMERICAN, I WAS F'N BORN HERE! This is my country now! You couldn't "hold" it. Just like my "ancestors" couldn't "hold" ours/mine. Countries come and go. "Natives" just are. It really doesn't matter how you got here. You're here! So go ahead and sail on yesterday's wind...,My "grandpappy" gots him a woopen"! So f'n what? Cooper being queer and all. I have to say, I'm on his side. I don't like the dude. But he shouldn't be held accountable for things he had no control of. What he does he has control over, you know? Like being queer. But what his ancestors did is not his fault or guilt. To refrain, "click bait "! Just nonsense!
edit on 21-8-2017 by murphy22 because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 21 2017 @ 08:04 PM
link   
a reply to: burdman30ott6

Read my post above yours. I corrected myself. I agree nobody should be ashamed of their ancestors.

posted on Aug, 21 2017 @ 08:08 PM
link   
Really hard to find sources ?

Found this in less than a second.

His ancestor was beaten to death by one.

And DID own slaves.

posted on Aug, 21 2017 @ 08:12 PM
link   
I've seen it said before that the actions of generations past have no bearing on those alive today.

.... unless if it's targeted toward a specific political group. Then it's all good.

Lol.

posted on Aug, 21 2017 @ 08:13 PM
link   

originally posted by: neo96

Really hard to find sources ?

On Commodore Vanderbilt? Yeah. That wasn't about him.

new topics

top topics

<<   2  3  4 >>

join