It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

CNN’s Anderson Cooper’s Family Were Slave Owners – Owned Michelle Obama’s Relatives!

page: 9
<< 6  7  8   >>

join
share:

posted on Aug, 22 2017 @ 09:12 PM
link   

originally posted by: Deaf Alien

originally posted by: Grambler
Dont know that this is proof.

But even if they did, I don't care in the slightest.

I don't want him to denounce them or feel bad at all, even if that is what he would do to someone who's ancestors owned slaves (which I haven't seen him do)

I will judge him by his actions, not that of his ancestors.

I don't believe it. But like you I don't care. We ALL have relatves that we are ashamed of.

Serious question.... if you were a descendant of the Vanderbilts (been to the mansion just a year ago, beautiful) would you be ashamed of them?

They were one of the most powerful families in the history of existence.

Cooper has nothing to be ashamed about. I wouldnt be.

posted on Aug, 22 2017 @ 10:03 PM
link   
a reply to: windword

If I'm not mistaken.

Christians are not under Moses Law.

But this is a conversation for another thread. And we are drifting.

posted on Aug, 23 2017 @ 12:40 AM
link   
There is nothing ironic about this, unless the OP is Alanis Morissette

posted on Aug, 23 2017 @ 02:52 AM
link   
Guilt by association?
kinship?
ashamed?

WTF is wrong with this world? I don´t know this Anderson Cooper but he´s not guilty for what his ancestors did. Just like I´m not guilty for what happened in WW2.

Is it his fault that his ancestors did what they did? No. Why is this a "scandal"?

The only scandal I see here is that people bring up that # from their LONG DEAD ANCESTORS to blame the current generation.

And that´s -typically- something many people on the left do! "White privilege" is the same nonsense. We´re doomed. Not because of nukes but common sense is lost nowadays.

edit on 23-8-2017 by verschickter because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 23 2017 @ 07:59 AM
link   
a reply to: xuenchen

Ok, since there are no statues of Anderson Cooper to be pulled down, his show needs to be cancelled. Immediately.

posted on Aug, 23 2017 @ 08:04 AM
link   

originally posted by: openminded2011
a reply to: xuenchen

Ok, since there are no statues of Anderson Cooper to be pulled down, his show needs to be cancelled. Immediately.

That would be the first step.

Then put up the statue !!

posted on Aug, 23 2017 @ 08:10 AM
link   
Ironic would be him owning slaves. Not his ancestors.

posted on Aug, 23 2017 @ 11:23 AM
link   

originally posted by: Deaf Alien

originally posted by: Grambler
Dont know that this is proof.

But even if they did, I don't care in the slightest.

I don't want him to denounce them or feel bad at all, even if that is what he would do to someone who's ancestors owned slaves (which I haven't seen him do)

I will judge him by his actions, not that of his ancestors.

I don't believe it. But like you I don't care. We ALL have relatves that we are ashamed of.
I'm not ashamed of any of my relatives or ancestors. Not the ones who owned slaves. Not the ones who were slaves. I know I have ancestors on both sides of the fence.

Why am I going to be ashamed of my ancestors just because they owned slaves? Likewise, why would I demand others to be ashamed of their ancestors just because mine were slaves?

My great great grandaddy might have owned your great great grandaddy or vice versa, bit that doesn't have anything tp do with ypu and me does it?

posted on Aug, 24 2017 @ 12:03 AM
link   
a reply to: Deaf Alien

Yup. And I bet there are many here who are THAT relative their family is ashamed of.

posted on Aug, 24 2017 @ 03:47 AM
link   
a reply to: IAMTAT

He votes Conservative.

He donates to the Republican Party, or at least, has done repeatedly in the past. Where is the liberal you are referring to?

posted on Aug, 24 2017 @ 07:35 AM
link   

originally posted by: TrueBrit
a reply to: IAMTAT

He votes Conservative.

He donates to the Republican Party, or at least, has done repeatedly in the past. Where is the liberal you are referring to?

I remember somebody proved all that as inaccurate and probably a myth.

top topics

<< 6  7  8   >>

join