It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Flat earth theory?

page: 67
<< 64  65  66    68  69  70 >>

join
share:

posted on Dec, 27 2018 @ 10:50 AM
link   
a reply to: Soylent Green Is People

Yes, but both of your experiments involve either having friends or leaving the house. I figured I'd do my best to make my experiment accessible to the majority flat earthers as possible.

posted on Dec, 29 2018 @ 02:52 AM
link   

originally posted by: Box of Rain

originally posted by: turbonium1
The moon can often be seen in daylight, which shows it is BELOW our blue skies....

So can the sun be seen in daylight.

Yes, and bright stars can also be seen in daylight.

All of them are seen in daylight, because that's where they really are, below the blue sky...

That's why all of the people have seen the exact same stars, in the same place, at the same orientation to every other star, for thousands of years, always have, and always will.....

That's why the Sun and moon are able to eclipse, as one, in the sky..both are the exact same size, and shape, and share the same trajectory, at times, which allows them to eclipse perfectly.

If you still believe the moon is 1/4 million miles away from Earth, when you've seen it, over and over again, beneath the blue skies of Earth, it is not - nor can it be - a reflection of the actual moon, which is 1/4 million miles away, in 'space'.

That's nonsense.

posted on Dec, 29 2018 @ 04:28 AM
link   

originally posted by: captainpudding

We have become well-conditioned now, to deny our own, inherent senses, that all people have, and need, and must use to guide them, to survive, to love, to live, to help us in all things, in fact.

Using your own, inherent senses, please describe how a sunset, as observed by nearly 7 billion people every day can occur on a flat earth. I will preface this by saying your answer must match what is observed during a sunset (IE, the sun disappearing below the horizon), can not redefine the laws of reality and/or physics (you can't say Australia is a hoax or that the Sun is a sentient being that can arbitrarily choose to be invisible to half the planet at any given time ) and cannot be a paraphrasing of "God did it"

Simply imagine the Sun as a massive spotlight, pointed inward, and downward, towards a much larger area than it can shine light on at any given time..

The spotlight is far too low to be seen above the entire circle, at one time. It is there, but it is too far away, to see it...

When the light goes around the circle, it shines light around the entire circle, one by one, over each and every section, at a time...

That's how the Sun works, too...

It also moves inward and outward, over each cycle, or 'year', and each and every year, repeats that same cycle above Earth.

Which explains why the northern regions of Earth are always colder than the southern regions are - the Sun circles nearer to the southern regions, or the 'outer circles' above Earth, most of the year. The north pole is really the center point of Earth, and the Sun shines least of all, over each cycle, while briefly shines both at night and day ....

posted on Dec, 29 2018 @ 04:52 AM
link   
a reply to: turbonium1

translation = its magic

posted on Dec, 29 2018 @ 09:22 AM
link   

We have become well-conditioned now, to deny our own, inherent senses, that all people have, and need, and must use to guide them, to survive, to love, to live, to help us in all things, in fact.

Using your own, inherent senses, please describe how a sunset, as observed by nearly 7 billion people every day can occur on a flat earth. I will preface this by saying your answer must match what is observed during a sunset (IE, the sun disappearing below the horizon), can not redefine the laws of reality and/or physics (you can't say Australia is a hoax or that the Sun is a sentient being that can arbitrarily choose to be invisible to half the planet at any given time ) and cannot be a paraphrasing of "God did it"

Simply imagine the Sun as a massive spotlight, pointed inward, and downward, towards a much larger area than it can shine light on at any given time..

The spotlight is far too low to be seen above the entire circle, at one time. It is there, but it is too far away, to see it...

When the light goes around the circle, it shines light around the entire circle, one by one, over each and every section, at a time...

That's how the Sun works, too...

Ahhh, yes. That beautiful sunset when the Sun high in the sky just gets smaller and smaller until it turns into a tiny dot then eventually disappears.

So you're saying nighttime happens because the sun moves too far away to be seen. However, that really makes no sense at all. The Sun looks the same size in the sky for 10, 12, or more hours after sunrise as if moves through the day across the sky.....

....but then you are saying it then suddenly (in less than an hour's time) goes from that size it's been all day to moving so far away that it becomes too small to be seen? How does that work? Why such a relatively sudden change?

Even if you use that "perspective" argument so many flat-earth's use to explain sunset (which, by the way, makes no sense, and isn't how perspective works), that does not answer my question above, which is:

Why does a sun that spent the entire daylight hours looking the same size as it moves across the sky suddenly get too small to be seen in the ~hour between daylight and evening?

edit on 2018/12/29 by Box of Rain because: (no reason given)

posted on Dec, 29 2018 @ 09:35 AM
link   

Your entire explanation contradicts the first hand experience of billions of people every single day. Please explain, in your magic sentient spotlight theory, how billions of people observe the sun setting over the horizon while keeping the same angular size. Again "God's magic spotlight that arbitrarily chooses to not be seen by half the planet because it want to" is not a valid explanation

posted on Dec, 29 2018 @ 05:51 PM
link   

Explain the flat earth balloon experiments the show the Sun & Moon in a dark sky on film ?

posted on Dec, 30 2018 @ 12:10 AM
link   

Your entire explanation contradicts the first hand experience of billions of people every single day. Please explain, in your magic sentient spotlight theory, how billions of people observe the sun setting over the horizon while keeping the same angular size. Again "God's magic spotlight that arbitrarily chooses to not be seen by half the planet because it want to" is not a valid explanation

Someone just claimed the Sun became smaller near the horizon, while you are now claiming it stays the same "angular" size.

Neither of you mentioned how this proves it is a spherical Earth, in any way, or what you would expect, instead of this, if it were actually a flat Earth......

Explain what makes it a spherical Earth, and explain why this cannot happen if it were a flat Earth, and what you would expect if it WERE a flat Earth......

Then, I'll be happy to address it, fully

posted on Dec, 30 2018 @ 02:47 AM
link   
If the Sun were truly 92+ million miles away from the Earth, it would be impossible for temperatures to vary, much less vary in such extremes.

No matter if the Earth DID move nearer or farther from the Sun, because if the Sun WAS 92 million miles away, the temperature will stay the same on Earth, from the start, and never change at all, in fact.

This loony argument suggests that Earth's temperatures are varied, to extremes, each day of the year, based on the specific region of Earth, at the specific time....and the reason is supposedly that Earth moves around the Sun, nearer to farther away in distance, and this is the main reason Earth's temperatures vary, all over Earth, every day of the year.

We are supposed to believe this is true, and most people still believe it.

Nobody thinks about it.

Suppose it were true, for now, that the Sun, which is 93 million miles away from Earth, sends energy outward, and some energy goes to Earth. Which was perfectly located where the Sun could allow for life to exist.

It is absolutely true that the Sun allows life to exist on Earth, of course.

The rest of it is total nonsense, though.

posted on Dec, 30 2018 @ 04:02 AM
link   
the spheroid model has been explainefd - repeatedly - the failure of flat earth proponents to address , accept , understand it - is thier problem

now - lets here the " explaination " for the " magic spot light "

it is claimed that :

on the vernal equnoxes - the "sun " makes an " orbit " following the equator

on the summer solstice it makes an " orbit " following the trropic of cancer

on the winter solstice it makes an " orbit " following the tropic of capricorn

ok - how does it accelerate , decelarate , change direction , how is this timed

come on - its your flat earth claim -explain it

posted on Dec, 30 2018 @ 04:04 AM
link   

originally posted by: wmd_2008

Explain the flat earth balloon experiments the show the Sun & Moon in a dark sky on film ?

I'll explain why it's under the blue skies of Earth, which are dark at night-time....

When the moon is seen in daylight, that allows us to see where the moon actually is, above Earth. It is always there, in fact. Nothing makes it move somewhere else, 1/4 million miles away from where it is. Where it is always seen, in daylight.

To prove it is under the blue skies of Earth, all you need to do is see the moon go from the dark of night, to the blue skies of daylight.

The reality is right in front of you. But you don't believe what you see is really there.

They have told you it is not where you see it. And you believe them. Most people believe them.

The first belief is that Earth is a sphere, flying through space.

All of it is an illusion, of immense proportions, and scale, and effort.

Stars are supposedly millions of light years away, but anyone with a high-magnification camera could zoom in on a star, and see details of it. And obviously, it would be absolutely impossible to see any details of stars that are millions of light years away.

posted on Dec, 30 2018 @ 04:29 AM
link   

stars are supposedly millions of light years away, but anyone with a high-magnification camera could zoom in on a star, and see details of it. And obviously, it would be absolutely impossible to see any details of stars that are millions of light years away.

Except that is complete and total bull#...

You can barely get details of a near by planet let alone a star from a high powered telescope...

Even the strongest telescopes on the "planet" can only get a blur of the closest stars to our solar system

yet another example that you just pull ideas out your ass

posted on Dec, 30 2018 @ 09:01 AM
link   
a reply to: Akragon

Sadly you are assuming that Turbo has ever seen, let alone used, a telescope. I have used my own telescope to observe Saturn and its rings.
Do you think that he's mistaking planets for stars?
edit on 30-12-2018 by AngryCymraeg because: Typo

posted on Dec, 30 2018 @ 01:14 PM
link   
a reply to: AngryCymraeg

Flat earthers don't believe in Stars...

He just doesn't know what he's talking about...

Review his posting history... clueless

posted on Dec, 30 2018 @ 03:33 PM
link   

You are indeed dumb the videos that SUPPOSEDLY show details of stars taken by cameras are out if focus. Show one you think proves you right subject change by turbonium in 5...4...3...

Flat Earthers have launched weather balloons in daylight that have reached max height in daylight and you can see the Sun or Moon surrounded by a dark sky.

You have no idea what you are talking about.

posted on Jan, 1 2019 @ 04:20 AM
link   
Stars are not shown as this because they are 'out of focus', that's complete nonsense.

Nobody could even magnify a star, if it was millions of light years away!

And if you look at videos of stars, they are patterns of light, some vertical, some horizontal, in relation to each other's direction. These light 'bars' pulsate, on and off, very fast, in various sequences, or patterns, of light.

Years ago, I filmed some object in the sky, at night. It moved over my house, in a straight path, from south to north.

I zoomed my camera on it, and what I saw was very strange, and unusual. It had many 'bars' of light, vertical and horizontal to each other, pulsating very fast, like a pattern...

Only now, have I seen the same thing as I saw - it was a star, which looked, and behaved, exactly the same way as my 'object' did, years before.

That's why I know it is not 'out of focus'. It's genuine.

posted on Jan, 1 2019 @ 05:07 AM
link   
Since you know that nobody can see the planets through a telescope, why did they claim to know they were planets, centuries ago? They could not know it, so they all lied, obviously.

They still lie about it, only it's more dressed up now, with fake paintings of our 'planets'.

Now, it's all known as fake, which leave only lame excuses, like being 'out of focus'!

posted on Jan, 1 2019 @ 03:02 PM
link   
LOL Hilarious!!

So a star zoomed over your house... And we can't see planets using telescopes

Delusional... perhaps just brain damage...

I don't know

posted on Jan, 1 2019 @ 04:02 PM
link   

Since you know that nobody can see the planets through a telescope, why did they claim to know they were planets, centuries ago? They could not know it, so they all lied, obviously.

They still lie about it, only it's more dressed up now, with fake paintings of our 'planets'.

Now, it's all known as fake, which leave only lame excuses, like being 'out of focus'!

You (or anyone) can see the four major moons of Jupiter through a small telescope or even binoculars. The rings of Saturn can be seen with a relatively small hobbyist's telescope. When Venus is in the right position relative to the Earth and Sun, it looks like a crescent from Earth. This crescent can be seen with a modestly small telescope or good binoculars.

Galileo saw Jupiter's main moons circling Jupiter with his crude little telescope and understood the implications that the Earth was not the center of the universe.

posted on Jan, 2 2019 @ 05:26 AM
link   

Stars are supposedly millions of light years away, but anyone with a high-magnification camera could zoom in on a star, and see details of it. And obviously, it would be absolutely impossible to see any details of stars that are millions of light years away.

What do you mean by "details"?

Are you really believing that the Moon is "under the blue skies of Earth"?

new topics

top topics

<< 64  65  66    68  69  70 >>

join