It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Flat earth theory?

page: 66
<< 63  64  65    67  68  69 >>

join
share:

posted on Dec, 10 2018 @ 03:01 AM
link   
a reply to: Nothin

You quoted me mentioning something about what you DON'T like, not what you like.

Yes, exactly. were you mentioning or assuming? as I responded telling you you haven't an idea about what I like which should be obvious that you don't know what my dislikes are either.

Now why would you go and assume that?

If you want use this logic then why are you assuming that I am assuming anything when I am asking a question like you are here?

Why do you assume that?

asking you who is posting on your behalf is an assumption?

I think I get it.

Questions in your head are assumption and not questions?

That is a question, you see I said I think i get it, not sure so I asked.

But you take it as an assumption like you have all the other questions you saying are assumptions.

Maybe just take a break from making assumptions?

what sort of question is that? It sounds more like a suggestion but you add a question mark.

are you just trolling or cant you write properly using grammar that makes sense?

posted on Dec, 12 2018 @ 03:53 PM
link   

originally posted by: InhaleExhale
a reply to: Nothin

You quoted me mentioning something about what you DON'T like, not what you like.

Yes, exactly. were you mentioning or assuming? as I responded telling you you haven't an idea about what I like which should be obvious that you don't know what my dislikes are either.

Now why would you go and assume that?

If you want use this logic then why are you assuming that I am assuming anything when I am asking a question like you are here?

Why do you assume that?

asking you who is posting on your behalf is an assumption?

I think I get it.

Questions in your head are assumption and not questions?

That is a question, you see I said I think i get it, not sure so I asked.

But you take it as an assumption like you have all the other questions you saying are assumptions.

Maybe just take a break from making assumptions?

what sort of question is that? It sounds more like a suggestion but you add a question mark.

are you just trolling or cant you write properly using grammar that makes sense?

Sorry: am lost amongst the obfuscation.
Have unfortunately lost interest in communicating with you.
Wish you all the best, peace and blessings.

posted on Dec, 17 2018 @ 05:40 PM
link   
a reply to: SecretKnowledge
Why can't it be possible? You can verify quite simply for yourself. A few things you'll need to know.
1 - The elevation of your viewing point add 1.8m to adjust for eye level
2 - Elevation of a chosen peak
3 - Actual distance to the peak
4 - Visit www.omnicalculator.com...
This will tell you how much of the peak is obscured.
Google earth should suffice for your baseline numbers.

edit on 12172018 by 1060west because: Adust spacing

posted on Dec, 18 2018 @ 05:01 PM
link   
I always loved this one, I came to the conclusion that this is used as a guage by tptb to test the level of ignorance and gullability of the masses. Remember that this was state of the art science a millennium ago, backed up by pretty much the entire scientific community. Anyone speaking in opposition was a heretic, a blasphemer.
My how times have changed.

posted on Dec, 18 2018 @ 05:48 PM
link   
a reply to: Zeropinion

Remember that this was state of the art science a millennium ago, backed up by pretty much the entire scientific community.

Science as we know it didn't really exist a thousand years ago. But even before that people knew the world is round.
www.eaae-astronomy.org...

posted on Dec, 19 2018 @ 07:48 PM
link   

originally posted by: Zeropinion
Remember that this was state of the art science a millennium ago, backed up by pretty much the entire scientific community. Anyone speaking in opposition was a heretic, a blasphemer.

There's no way to say this without sounding condescending, but you're literally confusing the scientific community with the Catholic Church. Also, the world's been known to be spherical for over 2000 years so there's that too.

posted on Dec, 20 2018 @ 06:36 PM
link   
a reply to: captainpudding

i keep reading the " contribution " from zero pinion - and cannnot actually fathom what its attempting to tell us

posted on Dec, 21 2018 @ 06:05 PM
link   

originally posted by: captainpudding

originally posted by: Zeropinion
Remember that this was state of the art science a millennium ago, backed up by pretty much the entire scientific community. Anyone speaking in opposition was a heretic, a blasphemer.

There's no way to say this without sounding condescending, but you're literally confusing the scientific community with the Catholic Church. Also, the world's been known to be spherical for over 2000 years so there's that too.

The ancient maps prove it is flat, not round.

Do you know that they later tried to destroy all the flat earth maps?

If the maps were wrong, why would it matter? It wouldn't.

If the maps were right, it would matter....

No reason to try and destroy all those maps, otherwise.

posted on Dec, 21 2018 @ 06:08 PM
link   
a reply to: turbonium1

The ancient maps prove it is flat, not round.

They do? How so?

posted on Dec, 21 2018 @ 06:45 PM
link   
The moon can often be seen in daylight, which shows it is BELOW our blue skies....not 1/4 million miles away, in 'deep space'.

If the moon 'reflected', it would not go through our entire atmosphere, from 1/4 million miles away, then stop, under our skies, as if it were some 'projection'.

This shows it's not a reflection, since a reflection would reflect light from the object, which reflects light, from a source of light, that hits the object....

It remains the same (close to) altitude in daylight, as it had at nighttime, which confirms it's position, as well.

Face the reality here...

posted on Dec, 21 2018 @ 06:46 PM
link   

The moon can often be seen in daylight, which shows it is BELOW our blue skies....
What? What do you call the sky? For me it's everything above the horizon that isn't a mountain or a building.

edit on 12/21/2018 by Phage because: (no reason given)

posted on Dec, 22 2018 @ 12:05 AM
link   

originally posted by: Phage

The moon can often be seen in daylight, which shows it is BELOW our blue skies....
What? What do you call the sky? For me it's everything above the horizon that isn't a mountain or a building.

That's why you always argued that the sky was blue within our atmosphere, and not blue skies when beyond our atmosphere, in 'space', where the moon is supposed to be, about 1/4 million miles away, nowhere near to our Earth, or our blue skies of Earth's atmosphere, either.

We have become well-conditioned now, to deny our own, inherent senses, that all people have, and need, and must use to guide them, to survive, to love, to live, to help us in all things, in fact.

And when it's proclaimed by all our great 'experts' that we should NOT use our own, inherent, trusted since birth, and forever after.....

They are saying to us that our senses don't matter anymore, we now have to trust what the 'experts' say is true, even if our senses are showing us it's not at all true, it is true, so move along!!

Take the magical force that nobody has even prove to exist. To prove something, which goes against our own senses, will show that our senses are not perfect, in all things. But our senses are usually much more correct, than not so...

Gravity cannot work unless everyone loses their senses, at once, and will never, ever use them, regarding this specific matter, ever again....

A feeling of being pulled down, is not felt, when 'gravity' is pulling you down to Earth. Our sense of being pulled is not relevant, to gravity.

How would you know if a force is pulling you down, or not?

We use our senses, to feel a force pulling down on us. If we don't feel a force pulling down on us, then no force IS pulling down on us.

When we view our moon, below the Earth's blue skies, it's called an illusion. A reflection of some sort.

It's pure nonsense.

posted on Dec, 27 2018 @ 08:36 AM
link   

originally posted by: turbonium1

originally posted by: Phage

That's why you always argued that the sky was blue within our atmosphere, and not blue skies when beyond our atmosphere, in 'space', where the moon is supposed to be, about 1/4 million miles away, nowhere near to our Earth, or our blue skies of Earth's atmosphere, either.

We have become well-conditioned now, to deny our own, inherent senses, that all people have, and need, and must use to guide them, to survive, to love, to live, to help us in all things, in fact.

And when it's proclaimed by all our great 'experts' that we should NOT use our own, inherent, trusted since birth, and forever after.....

They are saying to us that our senses don't matter anymore, we now have to trust what the 'experts' say is true, even if our senses are showing us it's not at all true, it is true, so move along!!

Take the magical force that nobody has even prove to exist. To prove something, which goes against our own senses, will show that our senses are not perfect, in all things. But our senses are usually much more correct, than not so...

Gravity cannot work unless everyone loses their senses, at once, and will never, ever use them, regarding this specific matter, ever again....

A feeling of being pulled down, is not felt, when 'gravity' is pulling you down to Earth. Our sense of being pulled is not relevant, to gravity.

How would you know if a force is pulling you down, or not?

We use our senses, to feel a force pulling down on us. If we don't feel a force pulling down on us, then no force IS pulling down on us.

When we view our moon, below the Earth's blue skies, it's called an illusion. A reflection of some sort.

It's pure nonsense.

Can someone please translate this? I genuinely have no idea what it means.

posted on Dec, 27 2018 @ 09:01 AM
link   

So can the sun be seen in daylight.

posted on Dec, 27 2018 @ 09:08 AM
link   
a reply to: AngryCymraeg

I actually found a video that has the same explanation, enjoy www.youtube.com...

posted on Dec, 27 2018 @ 09:12 AM
link   

Using your own, inherent senses, please describe how a sunset, as observed by nearly 7 billion people every day can occur on a flat earth. I will preface this by saying your answer must match what is observed during a sunset (IE, the sun disappearing below the horizon), can not redefine the laws of reality and/or physics (you can't say Australia is a hoax or that the Sun is a sentient being that can arbitrarily choose to be invisible to half the planet at any given time ) and cannot be a paraphrasing of "God did it"

posted on Dec, 27 2018 @ 09:15 AM
link   

Stand up straight and hold your arms out to your side for ten minutes. Now tell us all again that you can't feel your arms being pulled down. This site's motto is "deny ignorance" you literally deny reality and your own senses.

posted on Dec, 27 2018 @ 09:34 AM
link   

The moon can often be seen in daylight, which shows it is BELOW our blue skies....not 1/4 million miles away, in 'deep space'.

You and a friend can find out for yourselves how far away the Moon is by using parallax. It would be best if your friend was at least 2000 miles away, and he would need to be looking at the Moon the same time you are, and you both would take some measurements of the stars around it. The distance between the Moon and background stars will be different when those same stars are viewed from each location at the same time. After that it's just using triangles and relatively simple geometry to figure out the distance to the Moon.

Or another method you can use -- one first used by the ancient Greeks -- is to measure the Earth's shadow and its speed across the Moon during a lunar eclipse. You will need to first find the size of the Earth, but the ancient Greeks were also able to do that, so you should be able to do the same.

edit on 12/27/2018 by Soylent Green Is People because: (no reason given)

posted on Dec, 27 2018 @ 10:26 AM
link   
a reply to: captainpudding

screw that -go big or go home

any retard who does not believe in gravity - should hang by thier fingertips off the side of a high bridge or tall building

2 choices - 1 they will realise they are retards - climb up and recant thier idioocy

2 - they will fall to thier death - darwin awards await

its a win // win situation

posted on Dec, 27 2018 @ 10:44 AM
link   

originally posted by: captainpudding

Stand up straight and hold your arms out to your side for ten minutes. Now tell us all again that you can't feel your arms being pulled down. This site's motto is "deny ignorance" you literally deny reality and your own senses.

He could take an elevator ride in a tall builidng. He can feel the change in air pressure in his ears as he goes up. There would be less air above him, so less air would be pulled down to earth -- i.e., less air pushing down and around him.

Or maybe he could lie down and have someone put a huge rock slab over his body. I'm pretty sure he would feel the rock being pulled down to Earth.

edit on 12/27/2018 by Soylent Green Is People because: (no reason given)

<< 63  64  65    67  68  69 >>

join