It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Flat earth theory?

page: 30
<< 27  28  29    31  32  33 >>

join
share:

posted on Sep, 2 2018 @ 09:04 PM
link   
a reply to: Nothin

OK let's start at the beginning. I say this picture shows curvature of the earth . What do you say ?

posted on Sep, 2 2018 @ 09:15 PM
link   

originally posted by: Nothin

originally posted by: OccamsRazor04

The question is what's the distance between Sydney and Santiago.

Don't know. Do you claim to know?
If so: what can you use as proof to convince us that your anwer is true?

So refusal to answer. you don't get to answer a question by asking the same question back. I'll bite though. There are actual flights, and we know the speed of planes, and I have flown on planes numerous times, so we know based on travel time what the distance is.

So the answer is just over 7000 miles, which makes flat Earth impossible. This here is the only possible map of flat Earth based on observable sunlight.

I would estimate that to be well over 15,000 miles. Impossible in the time allowed. You would have to go over 1000mph, which would break the sound barrier .. and the sound barrier is not broken nor can these planes go that speed.

posted on Sep, 2 2018 @ 09:15 PM
link   

originally posted by: 14377

OK let's start at the beginning. I say this picture shows curvature of the earth . What do you say ?

You say it, therefore you believe it, no?
Were you present when that pic was taken? If so: what does that mean?

Are we to assume that: all, some, or no photographs are modified, shopped, nor altered in any way?
If we were to see, that even one photograph presented to the public, had been modified, shopped, or altered in any way,
then how are we to accept any forum-posted photograph as 100% authentic?

It would require belief, no?
If so: is belief equal to truth?
What is belief, and what is truth?

posted on Sep, 2 2018 @ 09:31 PM
link   

I presented it as evidence. It's up to you to debunk it . Now tell me what's wrong with it?

posted on Sep, 2 2018 @ 09:48 PM
link   

The question is what's the distance between Sydney and Santiago.

Don't know. Do you claim to know?
If so: what can you use as proof to convince us that your anwer is true?

So refusal to answer. you don't get to answer a question by asking the same question back. I'll bite though. There are actual flights, and we know the speed of planes, and I have flown on planes numerous times, so we know based on travel time what the distance is.

So the answer is just over 7000 miles, which makes flat Earth impossible. This here is the only possible map of flat Earth based on observable sunlight.

I would estimate that to be well over 15,000 miles. Impossible in the time allowed. You would have to go over 1000mph, which would break the sound barrier .. and the sound barrier is not broken nor can these planes go that speed.

Cute image.
On this screen: it looks like the distance is about 4 inches.

Personally don't know the things, that you claim to know.
You trust your observations, and that seems to be what most do.

What do you figure it would take, for one person to actually confirm that distance, beyond a shadow of a doubt?

posted on Sep, 2 2018 @ 09:56 PM
link   

Just look at NASA Live feed. The Earth is a sphere. No possible way to deny this, and if you do, it means you are rejecting stark reality and fact.
And what that boils down to is that you have no argument. Liberate yourself now and acknowledge the truth.

posted on Sep, 2 2018 @ 09:57 PM
link   

I presented it as evidence. It's up to you to debunk it . Now tell me what's wrong with it?

What's to debunk? Do you know that the pic is truth, or do you only believe it?
Because false pics have been posted before, on internet forums, can we then not question the authenticity of all posted pix?

Are we to assume that: all, some, or no photographs are modified, shopped, nor altered in any way?
If we were to see, that even one photograph presented to the public, had been modified, shopped, or altered in any way,
then how are we to accept any forum-posted photograph as 100% authentic?

It would require belief, no?
If so: is belief equal to truth?
What is belief, and what is truth?

posted on Sep, 2 2018 @ 09:58 PM
link   
a reply to: NoCorruptionAllowed

Tried that one before... they just say CGI or blue screen

Though I don't think 14377 is a flat earther

posted on Sep, 2 2018 @ 10:24 PM
link   

originally posted by: NoCorruptionAllowed

Just look at NASA Live feed. The Earth is a sphere. No possible way to deny this, and if you do, it means you are rejecting stark reality and fact.
And what that boils down to is that you have no argument. Liberate yourself now and acknowledge the truth.

Did you watch the vid that IINA posted on page 28?
Did that not bring-about any doubt, nor any questioning?
If not: are you then accepting all images and vids as 100% authentic?

Do you trust NASA, as being a 100% truthful and upfront, honest organization?
Or is it possible that they may have, even one single time, withheld even one thing?
If so: would one not then be engaging in trusting belief?

What do you know about truth?

posted on Sep, 2 2018 @ 10:55 PM
link   

Or is it possible that they may have, even one single time, withheld even one thing?

Just because I posted a NASA sponsored video, doesn't mean I Trust everything they say and do, because I know better.

I can always see the truth however no matter what or who the source is. Point being is I can view almost anything from any source and know if it is real or a lie, or even a mistaken status.

That live feed is a truthful presentation of what the Earth looks like from space. Anything else that you may or may not see can be stopped before you see it. Most if not all NASA feeds are on a delay now and the actual broadcasts are now encrypted. NASA is under Department of Defense control, and is not really a "civilian" entity because of that. NASA groupies will often debate and defend NASA as not having anything hidden or secret when it is well known that they in fact do because they MUST do so for defense purposes and they have no control over those directives that come from above their authority.

The video shows a true image of the earth, and the ISS traveling in it's orbit around the globe of the earth. You can watch it go all the way around over and over again if you watch it long enough.

Just because NASA has edited and blocked things from being seen before doesn't mean everything is.
edit on 2-9-2018 by NoCorruptionAllowed because: (no reason given)

posted on Sep, 2 2018 @ 11:43 PM
link   

Have you ever answered him ?

posted on Sep, 3 2018 @ 12:37 AM
link   

Just because I posted a NASA sponsored video, doesn't mean I Trust everything they say and do, because I know better.

I can always see the truth however no matter what or who the source is. Point being is I can view almost anything from any source and know if it is real or a lie, or even a mistaken status.

That live feed is a truthful presentation of what the Earth looks like from space. Anything else that you may or may not see can be stopped before you see it. Most if not all NASA feeds are on a delay now and the actual broadcasts are now encrypted. NASA is under Department of Defense control, and is not really a "civilian" entity because of that. NASA groupies will often debate and defend NASA as not having anything hidden or secret when it is well known that they in fact do because they MUST do so for defense purposes and they have no control over those directives that come from above their authority.

The video shows a true image of the earth, and the ISS traveling in it's orbit around the globe of the earth. You can watch it go all the way around over and over again if you watch it long enough.

Just because NASA has edited and blocked things from being seen before doesn't mean everything is.

OK: so we are agreed that NASA may sometimes not be truthful. Good.

"...I can always see the truth...". Bold statement indeed! You have never been fooled?
You have never spent money on a new-improved-diet-coke, believing even a smidgen of one of their commercials where they endlessly claim that it now tastes just like a 'real' coke?
By constantly saying that, and redoing the recipe, and making a big show of it: are they not admitting that their previous marketing campeign for the last version of new-improved-diet-coke, was total bs?

Personally still get fooled rather often, mostly on crappy consumer products.

Perhaps you have heard the fable of the boy who cried wolf, we're questioning trustworthiness her, no?

Have had this experience, and perhaps you may have as well.
Please indulge this thought experiment: say you know a person, from work, your brother's whacky girlfriend, or some friend-of-a-friend dude whom you see often at parties, bbqs, tailgates, wherever.
You observe that this person tells many stories, some of which you feel might be rare occurances.
After a few encounters, perhaps after a couple of years, once again you find yourself standing in a conversation circle with this person, and they are telling yet another captivating story.

Only this time: the story they are telling is about an event that you were present with them, and their account doesn't match with your memory. You ask 3 or 4 other persons that were also present, and find that their memories match with yours, and not the tale that was spun.

We can doubt our own memories, and that of everyone, but we can now also doubt the storyteller, no?
Perhaps a few years go-by, and you observe this same difference 2-3-or more times.
Would we not now be rather doubtful of all and any stories this person spins?

Back to point: if NASA is not a 100% truthful, honest, and upfront organization, then what to say if we then state that sure they are not, but this time, they are being truthful?

How is that not a belief?

posted on Sep, 3 2018 @ 12:38 AM
link   

Have you ever answered him ?

Says the guy who never answered me...

posted on Sep, 3 2018 @ 12:42 AM
link   

I don't think a corporation or big business on the planet that's 100% truthful... especially when money is involved in some way...

This is though, you can see the space station with the naked eye IF you catch it at the right time on a clear night

Most don't doubt their own eyes

posted on Sep, 3 2018 @ 12:47 AM
link   

That video I posted isn't a story NASA is trying to sell though. See what I mean?

The video cameras on the ISS are simply recording video. There isn't anything in between like someone telling you a tall tale to be fooled with.

It's okay to acknowledge that what you are seeing is a sphere of the Earth because the camera lenses don't have a way to lie to you and show you a deception.

posted on Sep, 3 2018 @ 01:08 AM
link   

originally posted by: Akragon

I don't think a corporation or big business on the planet that's 100% truthful... especially when money is involved in some way...

This is though, you can see the space station with the naked eye IF you catch it at the right time on a clear night

Most don't doubt their own eyes

If we were to sit out under the night sky, and we observed an object, light, or whatever that appeared to be moving, like we generally think that some manmade objects do:
Perhaps you may tell me that the moving object is the ISS, or the Anik satellite, or whatever object.
How could that be personally verified, without engaging a belief?

~^^Hey look at that! What? The apparent moving light in the sky? Yes. We both see the same moving light. ok.
That's the ISS. Well, uhm, err, ok, if you say so.
Am personally not able to confirm, nor deny that claim. ^^~

The NASA website may appear to show that the ISS was indeed passing over our area, at that time, but we now doubt them.

Agreed that most don't doubt their own eyes, but what about when we realise, like from the thought-experiment above, that sometimes everything is not always 100% true as it appears?
Here: there is doubt.

Do you always believe your eyes? Never seen any illusions?
Did you watch the vid posted by IINA?

posted on Sep, 3 2018 @ 01:16 AM
link   

I don't know who IINA is...

But I don't live in a world where I doubt everything... Though that does tend to happen to those that spend too many years reading about conspiracy... it actually becomes a mental illness after a time

I've known several people that are complete loons now only because they've been dealing with conspiracy for decades

One guy thinks he can "bust clouds"... funny thing is he started on ATS

I figure that's how people start to believe the earth is flat too... they abandon all logic and reason because of too much conspiracy... and end up falling for complete stupidity

In any case, You're free to believe whatever you like... I mean, I suppose 0 gravity isn't real either?

On the planet it isn't (yet)… perhaps in the future...

the usual explanation is strings or wires... CGI

It gets old after a while

posted on Sep, 3 2018 @ 01:25 AM
link   

That video I posted isn't a story NASA is trying to sell though. See what I mean?

The video cameras on the ISS are simply recording video. There isn't anything in between like someone telling you a tall tale to be fooled with.

It's okay to acknowledge that what you are seeing is a sphere of the Earth because the camera lenses don't have a way to lie to you and show you a deception.

Sorry: am not agreeable with you that: 'sometimes they lie, but this time they're telling the truth, promise'.

There is always some remaining doubt, that cannot be shaken now, for me.

How do you figure that you, or someone else, can believe that, and not have any doubt?

Do you not think it's fair for someone to doubt them?

Am not seeing a sphere. Am seeing a video, of what is purported to be a sphere, from an untrustworthy organization.

One that lies, can only be trusted through a belief, and not through 100% truth.

Personally have told lies before, so you would be wise not to believe what is being said here, fair enough?

posted on Sep, 3 2018 @ 01:35 AM
link   

The difference between us is that I can see unassisted what the truth is so the source is IRRELEVANT to me.

This is what you are failing to understand.

It's okay though..
Done here

posted on Sep, 3 2018 @ 01:40 AM
link   

originally posted by: Akragon

I don't know who IINA is...

But I don't live in a world where I doubt everything... Though that does tend to happen to those that spend too many years reading about conspiracy... it actually becomes a mental illness after a time

I've known several people that are complete loons now only because they've been dealing with conspiracy for decades

One guy thinks he can "bust clouds"... funny thing is he started on ATS

I figure that's how people start to believe the earth is flat too... they abandon all logic and reason because of too much conspiracy... and end up falling for complete stupidity

In any case, You're free to believe whatever you like... I mean, I suppose 0 gravity isn't real either?

On the planet it isn't (yet)… perhaps in the future...

the usual explanation is strings or wires... CGI

It gets old after a while

Sorry: IINA is member Itisnowagain, and was refering to a vid they posted on page 28 of this thread.
Did you watch?

If you are not doubting, are you then engaging in belief, or something else?

Have always enjoyed hearing the loon's calls, thanks for the memory engagement!
Haven't heard one in the wild, in many years now. Am feeling nostalgic.

Do you wish to examine beliefs, and supposed truths?

new topics

top topics

<< 27  28  29    31  32  33 >>

join