It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Flat earth theory?

page: 33
<< 30  31  32    34  35  36 >>

join
share:

posted on Sep, 3 2018 @ 02:03 PM
link   

originally posted by: OccamsRazor04
a reply to: Nothin

A pilot's license. Anyone in the middle class who was interested in doing it could verify it.

So you won't trust science that tells us. You won't trust someone who has actually experience and verified it.

You trust Youtubers.

Got it.

I have done it. Flown a Cessna 150 to 6k feet and even at that altitude you can see the Earth is curved at the horizon, but it seems easier to notice in a hard banked turn looking out the side window.

Of course he won't take my word for it.

posted on Sep, 3 2018 @ 02:38 PM
link   
FE's claim this is what earth looks like or at least close.

They claim Antartica is the outer border and also claim that you are not allowed to cross it because of UN or something like that. They never claim you can't go around it or in their case the outer edges of it.

So here is the thing. Anyone with a ship can measure the distance to go around or edges in FE claims which is approximately 11,000 miles. From North pole to south pole is 12,000 miles.

FYI the earth circumference is almost 25,000 miles. If the FEers think about maybe they will wake up or maybe their heads will explode I suspect a good majority of them will deny basic math logic and their own mother if they have to to keep their delusion going.
edit on 3-9-2018 by Grimpachi because: (no reason given)

posted on Sep, 3 2018 @ 04:38 PM
link   

originally posted by: Nothin

originally posted by: JameSimon
I've seen the iss with my 2 eyes and confirmed its position online. You can also see the full iss without it resembling a dot in the sky with a telescope. With that you can actually see the full thing. Flat earth is bull*, period.

Are you claiming that you believe what NASA is telling you online

NASA did not exist 2000 years ago when people figured out with math the Earth was a sphere.

posted on Sep, 3 2018 @ 04:41 PM
link   
a reply to: NoCorruptionAllowed

Exactly, you don't need to take anyone's word for it. Any middle class person who desires to do so can spend the money to do it themselves. I have personally taken flights that are impossible in a flat Earth model to do in the time the flights took.

posted on Sep, 3 2018 @ 06:00 PM
link   
a reply to: Grimpachi

well it be extremely difficult to explain this flight on a flat earth

onemileatatime.com...

posted on Sep, 4 2018 @ 01:22 AM
link   

I've seen the iss with my 2 eyes and confirmed its position online. You can also see the full iss without it resembling a dot in the sky with a telescope. With that you can actually see the full thing. Flat earth is bull*, period.

Are you claiming that you believe what NASA is telling you online, even if they have been agreed-upon in this thread, as being an occasionaly dishonest agency?

Would that not be a belief, rather than a truth?

How do you know that FE is BS?

1 - The source was not NASA. It's an INTERNATIONAL space station
2 - independent astronomers confirmed my viewing
3 - you can see it yourself, both without aids and in full detail with a telescope. If you have a decent DSLR lens you can also capture it.

This is not a belief, this is the truth. And I know the earth is spherical and not flat because math and physics back me up.

posted on Sep, 4 2018 @ 01:28 AM
link   

a reply to: JameSimon

Scroll 1Q Isaiah

Where? I'm not going through a bazillion lines of text. Quote it here, you're the one making the claim the Qur'an mentions the spherical / round earth.

posted on Sep, 4 2018 @ 01:57 AM
link   
ISS Lunar Transit

Just for fun...

Though it may be an X-wing

posted on Sep, 4 2018 @ 03:02 AM
link   

originally posted by: Itisnowagain

Life is happening just as it is................there actually isn't anyone that can do it different......there is just what is.

The first belief is that you are someone........is that belief true?
Maybe the first belief is the original sin (the missing of the mark)?

Yes: can mostly see this that just is.
There are beliefs still being accepted, for reasons that are not true, but are not released, because those reasons are judged important, somehow, maybe?

posted on Sep, 4 2018 @ 03:07 AM
link   

Life is happening just as it is................there actually isn't anyone that can do it different......there is just what is.

There are beliefs still being accepted, for reasons that are not true, but are not released, because those reasons are judged important, somehow, maybe?

What beliefs are they?

posted on Sep, 4 2018 @ 03:15 AM
link   
as we are now discussing the ISS , it worth noting that the ISS and " iridium flares " both falsify flat earth proponents claims

go figure - i shall spoon feed the scientifically illiterate later if needed

posted on Sep, 4 2018 @ 03:51 AM
link   

originally posted by: InhaleExhale

You trust your observations, and that seems to be what most do.

Yes, those that don't are what is called delusional.

Some know they are so they don't trust their observations because it may be their own mind playing tricks.

Some don't know and are convinced that the majority are all delusional and they see the truth.

Quite an odd thing to say,

Do you not trust your own observations, when you see a person saying a friendly hello when you arrive at work or something there abouts you put your head down and act like you may be hallucinating?

And:

a belief is very vague, it can be formed with no reason whatsoever or with very convincing reason.

acceptance usually required some sort of reason and logic and it is not accepting or agreeing with a claim if there is no reasonable though applied and logical path that leads to the acceptance or agreement.

We do sometimes speak of delusion, illusions, and disillusionment, it seems.
Then might we also question our supposed very own observations?

Have your eyes never been fooled by an optical illusion?
Even just for that moment, before your whatever intellect figured-out that it was an illusion?
In that moment, is there, or not, delusion?
Perhaps that's why many of us seem to enjoy viewing optical-illusions?

Have your ears never told you that you just heard a certain sound, that ended-up being some different sound?
Are any of our senses, absolutely perfect?
If no: then how to trust an observation?
Belief?

If we can accept that "...a belief is very vague, it can be formed with no reason whatsoever or with very convincing reason...", can we agree that we are still talking about a belief, and not any kind of truth?

posted on Sep, 4 2018 @ 04:10 AM
link   

What beliefs are they?

Well: for one: whatever the belief is, that has brought me to purchase a computer, and pay for an internet connection, sign-up on ATS, and exchange ideas with other folks.

We here, all might have a part, of that whatever belief in common, no?

posted on Sep, 4 2018 @ 04:27 AM
link   

originally posted by: 14377

prove it

You reply to this post:

originally posted by: 14377 a reply to: Nothin Have you ever answered him ? Says the guy who never answered me...

, is your comment: "prove it?"?

That feels bewildering!

What is to prove? You were asked questions, which you refuse to answer.
How in heaven's name could that justify you asking me to prove something?
Anyone reading the last few pages of this thread, could see that.
Am losing interest in exchanging with you, sorry.

posted on Sep, 4 2018 @ 04:45 AM
link   

A pilot's license. Anyone in the middle class who was interested in doing it could verify it.

So you won't trust science that tells us. You won't trust someone who has actually experience and verified it.

You trust Youtubers.

Got it.

So your handle implies your belief in Occam's razor, correct?
If so: is a select group, of middle-class folks, whom are interested, have the budget, don't have physical limitations, and have the geographical possibility, and multitudes of other potiential conditions, to obtain a pilot's license; really the simplest way to prove something?

Why trust science, and other's observations, if even one ever, has been seen as delusion?
What is this picking and choosing, what it's ok to believe in, and not ok?
What of beliefs?

Don't trust Youtubers, do you?

posted on Sep, 4 2018 @ 04:57 AM
link   

originally posted by: NoCorruptionAllowed

You trust Youtubers.

Got it.

I have done it. Flown a Cessna 150 to 6k feet and even at that altitude you can see the Earth is curved at the horizon, but it seems easier to notice in a hard banked turn looking out the side window.

Of course he won't take my word for it.

Why would you expect anyone, to accept anyone's word, for anything?
Here you are referring to me in the third person, yet you have not replied to my last post to you. Why?

posted on Sep, 4 2018 @ 05:08 AM
link   

Are you claiming that you believe what NASA is telling you online

NASA did not exist 2000 years ago when people figured out with math the Earth was a sphere.

Would you be interested, in demonstrating whom: "...figured out with math the Earth was a sphere...", 2000 years ago?
Are you 100? sure, that they were 100? sure?
Or were thay merely observing, and supposing?

posted on Sep, 4 2018 @ 05:25 AM
link   

Are you claiming that you believe what NASA is telling you online, even if they have been agreed-upon in this thread, as being an occasionaly dishonest agency?

Would that not be a belief, rather than a truth?

How do you know that FE is BS?

1 - The source was not NASA. It's an INTERNATIONAL space station
2 - independent astronomers confirmed my viewing
3 - you can see it yourself, both without aids and in full detail with a telescope. If you have a decent DSLR lens you can also capture it.

This is not a belief, this is the truth. And I know the earth is spherical and not flat because math and physics back me up.

So NASA may sometimes lie, but other countries and governments, wouldn't?
If 5, 10, one thousand, or any number of folks claim to observe something, does that make it true?

If you watch a 3-D movie with 3-D glasses, should you accept that the experience is real?
Don't have any telescope, nor implied DSLR lens, to watch with.

posted on Sep, 4 2018 @ 05:27 AM
link   

originally posted by: ignorant_ape
as we are now discussing the ISS , it worth noting that the ISS and " iridium flares " both falsify flat earth proponents claims

go figure - i shall spoon feed the scientifically illiterate later if needed

How do you react to Scientism believers?

posted on Sep, 4 2018 @ 05:49 AM
link   

So NASA may sometimes lie, but other countries and governments, wouldn't?
If 5, 10, one thousand, or any number of folks claim to observe something, does that make it true?

Yet you believe something no-one has ever seen? All you need is a protractor, some string, a small weight, and some transportation and you can actually observe the Earth's curvature. I dare you: put up or shut up.

top topics

<< 30  31  32    34  35  36 >>

join